or Register now!
Please support NoGripRacing, our monthly server bill is $595
Donated this month: $25
AL Rain FX
|Size||1.61 MB ( 1692533 bytes )
|Added||5:49pm, 23rd September 2017
Improved rain, rainspray, and windscreen effects.
Please Login to download this file
ArmedLightning's Rain FX v2.0
Version 2.0 - Major Update. Re-built effect utilizing a particle emitter.
Removed the cap on the number of frames available for animation (method posted
in the forums). Unfortunately, this comes at the cost of having to edit .GMT
files to achieve the effect. Online mismatch errors are likely to occur. Other
mods in my installation also cause mismatches so this isn't a big deal for me.
I tend to run races on a LAN with similar installs and "Report Mismatches=0"
set in my .PLR file. However, a modified version using the standard 10 frames
is included as well. With a greatly improved workflow, I've had some time to
experiment with some of the other effects. These can be found in the "DUST;
FIRE; SMOKE" folder.
[DUST; FIRE; SMOKE]
- After persuing the internet for stock imagery, building in Filter Forge 6,
and working in TimelineFX. These are the variants that have made the cut.
- BlastWave7: Generic particle effect utilized for initial testing.
- TrackHDRI: Raindrop particle utilizing generic race track HDRI for effect.
- Light: Light spray trailing behind vehicles when driving on wet surfaces.
- Heavy: Heavy spray trailing behind vehicles when driving on wet surfaces.
Contents of the "INSTALL - Extra Anim" folder need to be placed inside the
"GTR2 -> GameData -> Teams" folder. Likewise, all selected .DDS files are to be
placed inside the "Teams" folder.
- v2.0 Additonal animation frames added (60 total). New effects contructed with
TimelineFX. Bonus dust, fire, & smoke effects added!
- v1.9 Utilized RACE07 specialfx.tec raindrop settings. Resized RAIN_ANIMxx.dds
textures to 512x512px (oversight with Filter Forge defaults).
- v1.8 New particle effect (seamless texture), lighting, & droplet movement.
- v1.7 Initial release removed. New versions added. Re-ordering of versions.
- v1.6 Re-build of RAINSPRAY.DDS and available options. Cleaned out early
RAINDROP.DDS textures that just plain looked bad and added two new
versions (Style 1, Style2).
- v1.5 Tweaked RAINSPRAY.DDS texture
- v1.4 New animation built from scratch
- v1.3 Re-scaled vanilla animation
- v1.2 Repackaged both normal and inverted versions
- v1.1 Inverted textures based on feedback
- v1.0 Initial Release
Addon vehicles may not render the 'RAIN_ANIM' texture at the proper size or
opacity (an issue in PnG3). This can be corrected by editing material properties
in 3DSimED3 or other similar software. Opacity is assuming diffuse, ambient,
specular, and emmisive RGB are using the standard GTR2 values. Model makers,
please keep this in mind if you are considering compatiblity.
Occassionally, minor clipping may occur inside the cockpit. The cause of this
is inherent to vanilla GTR 2. As opacity increases, so does the likelihood of
Contents may be used freely in other works.
Version History [hide]
||5:49pm, 23rd September 2017
||3:37am, 10th September 2017
||11:00pm, 25th August 2017
||5:05am, 1st July 2017
||8:56pm, 3rd June 2017
||1:09am, 31st May 2017
||10:48pm, 29th May 2017
||1:26am, 19th May 2017
||6:11pm, 4th January 2015
||6:51pm, 23rd November 2014
||5:26pm, 22nd November 2014
|93 members have left thanks.||
, Arthur Stepanov
, axel linther
, bad bones
, bob gnarley
, Chico Landi
, FER BEL
, rit 15
, rudy pessotto
, Salvador Torres
, Vil coyote