or Register now!
Please support NoGripRacing, our monthly server bill is $595
Donated this month: $25
AL Special FX
|Size||2.82 MB ( 2960579 bytes )
|Added||7:33pm, 26th October 2017
Miscellaneous FX and texture improvements.
Please Login to download this file
ArmedLightning's Special FX v2.2
Al's Special FX - What is it? Basically this mod is the natural evolution of
the my older mod "AL RAIN FX". I felt a name change was in order as I have
begun to address other areas of the in-game effects. The purpose of this mod is
to re-visit some of the vanilla effects and textures of GTR 2 and elevate them
(within reason) to a higher standard. I offer no guarantees of performance. If
it runs good on my machine, then it's good enough. Please note the following
details. The cap on the number of frames available for the rainscreen animation
has been raised (method posted in the forums). Unfortunately, this comes at the
price of having to edit .GMT files to achieve the effect. Online mismatch
errors are likely to occur. Other mods in my installation also cause mismatches
(Reborn Project, etc.) so this isn't a big deal for me. I tend to run races on
a LAN with similar installs and 'Report Mismatches=0' set in the .PLR files.
[DUST; FIRE; SMOKE; ETC]
- As the name implies, miscellaneous effects without options can be found here.
- Drops1: Particle animation modeled after the raindrop effect in pCARS.
- Splashes3: Sprite animation sheet water splash particle effect.
- Light: Light spray trailing behind vehicles when driving on wet surfaces.
- Heavy: Heavy spray trailing behind vehicles when driving on wet surfaces.
Contents of the "INSTALL - Extra Anim" folder need to be placed inside the
"GTR2 -> GameData -> Teams" folder. Likewise, all selected .DDS files are to be
placed inside the "Teams" folder.
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM VERSIONS 2.0, 2.1 PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
Unfortunately there was an oversight on my part regarding the Porsche 993 GT2
rainscreen mesh. I erroneously edited the dirtscreen mesh instead... You'll
need to delete the file 'PORSCHE_993GT2_SCREENDIRT.GMT' located in the
[Teams -> GT -> Porsche 993 GT2 Teams] folder.
- v2.2 Added missing Porche 993 GT2 rainscreen mesh. (Whoops!)
Added RAIN_ANIM version modeled after pCARS particle effect.
- v2.1 Replaced RAIN_ANIM versions with improved sprite based animation.
- v2.0 Additonal animation frames added (60 total). New effects contructed with
TimelineFX. Initial dust, fire, & smoke effects added.
- v1.9 Utilized RACE07 specialfx.tec raindrop settings. Resized RAIN_ANIMxx.dds
textures to 512x512px (oversight with Filter Forge defaults).
- v1.8 New particle effect (seamless texture), lighting, & droplet movement.
- v1.7 Initial release removed. New versions added. Re-ordering of versions.
- v1.6 Re-build of RAINSPRAY.DDS and available options. Cleaned out early
RAINDROP.DDS textures that just plain looked bad and added two new
versions (Style 1, Style2).
- v1.5 Tweaked RAINSPRAY.DDS texture
- v1.4 New animation built from scratch
- v1.3 Re-scaled vanilla animation
- v1.2 Repackaged both normal and inverted versions
- v1.1 Inverted textures based on feedback
- v1.0 Initial Release
Addon vehicles may not render the 'RAIN_ANIM' texture at the proper size or
opacity (an issue in PnG3). This can be corrected by editing material properties
in 3DSimED3 or other similar software. Opacity is assuming diffuse, ambient,
specular, and emmisive RGB are using the standard GTR2 values. Model makers,
please keep this in mind if you are considering compatiblity.
Occassionally, minor clipping may occur inside the cockpit. The cause of this
is inherent to vanilla GTR 2. As opacity increases, so does the likelihood of
Contents may be used freely in other works.
Version History [hide]
||7:33pm, 26th October 2017
||10:25pm, 12th October 2017
||5:49pm, 23rd September 2017
||3:37am, 10th September 2017
||11:00pm, 25th August 2017
||5:05am, 1st July 2017
||8:56pm, 3rd June 2017
||1:09am, 31st May 2017
||10:48pm, 29th May 2017
||1:26am, 19th May 2017
||6:11pm, 4th January 2015
||6:51pm, 23rd November 2014
||5:26pm, 22nd November 2014
|99 members have left thanks.||
, Arthur Stepanov
, axel linther
, bad bones
, bob gnarley
, Chico Landi
, FER BEL
, rit 15
, rudy pessotto
, Salvador Torres
, Vil coyote