PDA

View Full Version : Only Sim mode hotlaps should be submitted

vondutch51
17 March 09, 16:17
Ok just my two cents. Personally I feel that if you are gonna submit a hotlap here and want to lay claim to being the fastest at a particular track it should ONLY be submitted as a Sim Mode lap with all aids (except for autoclutch) OFF!!! I have seen some recent submissions where the driver is clearly using traction control and it is not a stretch to assume that ABS is being used as well. While there is nothing wrong with using aids, it seems to me that to submit the hotlap without acknowledging the fact that you are using aids is kinda shady. How can I tell if someone is using traction control? Well it is easy cause you can hear it during the replay. At first I wasnt sure so I ran a lap in the identical car on the same track and watched my replay. Sure enough the telltale sound was not there. Now at some tracks this may not be an advantage but at others yes it is. At the very least it helps get tires from overheating and no one can tell me that ABS(which I think it is safe to assume that someone who is using TC is also using ABS) is not and advantage as it will let you brake very deep and still maintain control. Those of you who have submitted hotlaps using aids(you know who you are) should in the future state in replay title whether you are using aids or better yet turn them off and see where you stand for real.

TICTOC
18 March 09, 04:54
Those of you who have submitted hotlaps using aids(you know who you are) should in the future state in replay title whether you are using aids or better yet turn them off and see where you stand for real.

NoGrip renames the replays anyway, so how would they do that?

AllanGP
18 March 09, 19:19
I hear what you are saying and agree but not all people are as "hardcore" about this as some of us.

It would be nice but a lot of work for someone techie for No Grip to allow a selection against their submitted time for Novice/Semi Pro/Simulation as I have seen on other sites (I think the Official Race 07 site) then you can filtre the list by type so you can see where you are against people on the same level??

Thus everyone at every level gets a chance to compare times on an equal basis?

jezt
18 March 09, 20:53
+1 for what AllanGP said, but what about people who use either the keyboard (from some comments on the forum some people do and upload hotlaps!) or from people who don't have a G25, for example. Plus from what has already been written by various people on the forum adding the help takes away time - the more aids you use the slower you go. Don't know if that's true or not but lots seem to concur.

I, for example, can't get anywhere near the GT times (in Sim mode) on the Hotlaps, my 35 Trust wheel has no force feedback etc. so I spin when trying to come out of a corner. I need TC and ABS. I still haven't uploaded any hotlaps tho' because they're not fast enough!

vondutch51
18 March 09, 21:16
I hear what you are saying and agree but not all people are as "hardcore" about this as some of us.

It would be nice but a lot of work for someone techie for No Grip to allow a selection against their submitted time for Novice/Semi Pro/Simulation as I have seen on other sites (I think the Official Race 07 site) then you can filtre the list by type so you can see where you are against people on the same level??

Thus everyone at every level gets a chance to compare times on an equal basis?

Agreed.:thumbup: Sorry to all if I sounded angry or grumpy etc in my post, that was not my intention. I was simply trying to get the point across that there should be some way to sort the hotlaps. Allan you put it much more succinctly and eloquent than I so that is all I have to say.:-)

EddieH
19 March 09, 10:58
Gotta say that I tried it without the aids and found it better in somes cars and worse in others. One of the cars that was in the better category was the Lotus Elise, meaning that I've beaten your Elise time at Snettereton:-D

TICTOC
19 March 09, 12:45
I don't use any of the game 'aids', but I find if I'm holding my mouth right
I get a few extra tenths.

vondutch51
19 March 09, 12:48
Gotta say that I tried it without the aids and found it better in somes cars and worse in others. One of the cars that was in the better category was the Lotus Elise, meaning that I've beaten your Elise time at Snettereton:-D

Nice run.:thumbup: Maybe I'll give it a go in the Elise again today and see what happens. Nothing like a little friendly competition.:-D

EddieH
19 March 09, 16:12
I don't use any of the game 'aids', but I find if I'm holding my mouth right
I get a few extra tenths.

Got to admit that sometimes I hold my breath for fast chicanes. And clenching my butt cheeks also seems to help.:-P

vondutch51
19 March 09, 17:03
Ok Eddie back to you my friend, Lotus Elise, 1-08-747.:-D

EddieH
19 March 09, 21:53
Ok Eddie back to you my friend, Lotus Elise, 1-08-747.:-D

OK, challenge accepted:-)

and sorted.:drive2:

Pyrosythe
19 June 09, 02:23
+1 for a pro/semi/novice filter :-)

Paul_in_DC
19 June 09, 02:55
http://forum.blu-ray.com/images/smilies/imported/deadhorse.gif
Hasn't this topic been beat to death enough times? :rolleyes:

vspecnur
1 July 09, 19:00
lets not forget guy's some players might be only ten yr old and having not driven yet, not know how a car handles, and quite like the arcade feel when all or some of the aids are turned on. and let us not forget those who still only have digital button pads with just a D pad for left and right. NG could allways have graded hot laps , say novice and pro,(aids on or off). good racing all.

Kjon
26 July 09, 00:57
`nother for Filter :thumbup:

scca1981
26 July 09, 01:01
In my own testing i'm faster on sim mode than novice with aides on.