PDA

View Full Version : Valencia Setup

artful dodger
14 September 07, 16:41
Hello,

Help please, has someone got a reasonable Setup for the Porsche 996GT3 RSR for Valencia GP 2004 in dry condition, i have tried some from in the sim but can't seem to find a good one, it may well be me as i'm new to GTR2 ,any help would be appreciated thanks,

Cheers Dodger.

mertz
14 September 07, 21:54
my set-ups do not vary much from the default except for lowering the rear wing...to 5 maybe. brake ducts 2. radiator 1 for Qual, 2 for a short race, 3 for longer race. drop the ride height one or two clicks...don't let it bottom out though.:up:

Slow in and Fast out!!!!

Good luck:up:

artful dodger
14 September 07, 23:32
Hi Mertz,

Thanks for the help,

Dodger.

zemi
15 September 07, 14:17
my set-ups do not vary much from the default except for lowering the rear wing...to 5 maybe. brake ducts 2. radiator 1 for Qual, 2 for a short race, 3 for longer race. drop the ride height one or two clicks...don't let it bottom out though.:up:

Slow in and Fast out!!!!

Good luck:up:

I find this odd :D
Ive never been in a car where a radiator opening set to 1 is good. The engine will go too hot before you finish a counting lap. Too hot is way before you see smoke or get the voice warning. You loose HP way before that. Sometimes you can race for 2 hours with an opening on 3. Other times you need 4 in order to keep the temp down. Its all about finding the setting matching the track conditions (track and air temp). If you arent a good friend of Motec :P. Then do a search on google for GTR2 PD or GTR2 XD. Its a small addon showing you some basic info on the car LIVE. Such as tire temp, engine water/oil temp...etc etc. GTR2 XD is what i use myself to help tuning the car to perform better.

mertz
15 September 07, 15:39
I find this odd :D
Too hot is way before you see smoke or get the voice warning. You loose HP way before that. If you arent a good friend of Motec :P. Then do a search on google for GTR2 PD or GTR2 XD. Its a small addon showing you some basic info on the car LIVE. Such as tire temp, engine water/oil temp...etc etc. GTR2 XD is what i use myself to help tuning the car to perform better.

Thanks for the tip and Thank you for correcting some of my bad advice :o:up:

zemi
16 September 07, 07:25
Your welcome. And your advice wasnt that bad. And even more important. You had all good intentions :)
There is ofc much more to the making of a good setup than wings, radiator and brake duct. Im far from an expert in this fine art myself, but im learning every day :). Theres some very good guides out there for setting up cars. Incl complete guides for using Motec :D