PDA

View Full Version : Trackside Objects/Crowd Remover...anyone tried yet?

grandsprix
9 April 11, 05:03
Anyone tried this yet? Any ill effects?

http://www.virtualr.net/need-for-speed-shift-2-trackside-objectscrowd-remover/

scca1981
9 April 11, 05:09
Yes I use the object removed (keep crowd, can't stand all those fake billboards and junk) and its working here no major issues so far on the handful of tracks i've tested except some pop-in @ Laguna. Make sure when installing any of those the extracted folder move to your main shift2 directory and run the bat. (of course you should back up your track folder just incase something goes wrong).

pabig93
9 April 11, 15:32
I can't Install it because when I start the bat it says NFSSInjector.exe has a problem and stops working, I also tried running as administrator as i have Vista...

4ph3x
9 April 11, 16:03
I think it only works with unpacked game. Installed it over unpacked, no result...

NVIDIAGeek
9 April 11, 16:06
I think it only works with unpacked game. Installed it over unpacked, no result...

Game doesn't even run on unpacked, right? So all these mods are for packed S2U.

gears
9 April 11, 16:19
Yes I use the object removed (keep crowd, can't stand all those fake billboards and junk) and its working here no major issues so far on the handful of tracks i've tested except some pop-in @ Laguna. Make sure when installing any of those the extracted folder move to your main shift2 directory and run the bat. (of course you should back up your track folder just incase something goes wrong).

Yeah I'm running the track side objects removed also (kept crowd).

No issues and it gave a few extra fps.

edubz123
9 April 11, 17:37
except some pop-in @ Laguna.

Laguna had ridiculous pop-in in the stock game. I can produce video to prove it. It's not this mods fault.

I have just downloaded it but won't have a chance to test till tomorrow. Will update later.

mroussev
9 April 11, 17:58
Is it really gives significant fps boost or is something little?

BYF1
9 April 11, 18:25
I tried the no trackside bling one but had the outlines of billboards suspended above the track, looked weird so back to vanilla, and no frame rate boost from what I could tell.

McClusky
9 April 11, 18:29
You don't need to unpack Shift 2, just unzip (or move) the files into the Pakfiles folder and run it. It didn't help me at all for FPS.

Skatawes
9 April 11, 18:50
It doesnt even work for me, did it like was said but it just gives the error;
'Waring this file does not belong to any BFF archive' quite annoying since i could use the slight fps gain

Kabala
9 April 11, 19:53
Same here (^)....followed the simple instructions, get an error ("NFSSInjector.exe has stopped working") when I try to install.

McClusky
9 April 11, 20:18
did you launch the .exe as admin? (maybe)

hissingroach
10 April 11, 09:59
It doesnt even work for me, did it like was said but it just gives the error;
'Waring this file does not belong to any BFF archive' quite annoying since i could use the slight fps gain

I did the following...thanks to Tom coombes on virtualIR.net....

"I put a folder in the Shift 2 root directory called "no bling no crowds complete" (no underscores), put all the files in there, and ran the install.bat as admin." ......confirmed as working by me:thumbup:

noroardanto
10 April 11, 13:40
I did the following...thanks to Tom coombes on virtualIR.net....

"I put a folder in the Shift 2 root directory called "no bling no crowds complete" (no underscores), put all the files in there, and ran the install.bat as admin." ......confirmed as working by me:thumbup:

This works thanks!:thumbup: at first the installer will say something like "warning this files doesn't belong to bla bla bla..." just keep it going.. at the end it will updates the tracks bff files

AndrewMac
10 April 11, 18:03
I found that nothing happened when I double clicked the .bat file (as admin) in windows 7. I had to open a terminal as administrator, navigate to the right directory, and run the .bat from there. It then worked fine.

edubz123
10 April 11, 22:12
I tried the no trackside bling one but had the outlines of billboards suspended above the track, looked weird so back to vanilla, and no frame rate boost from what I could tell.

anyone have good results? Should I bother with this?

Eldi
11 April 11, 02:28
I get random results with this mod. Sometimes the track load indefinetely, other times the same track will load perfectly. Unless i maybe a mistake while installing this ?

siroj100
11 April 11, 02:57
I have tried the mod and so far it works perfect :). I gain about 10-15 FPS after installing this mod.

mroussev
11 April 11, 07:28
Hm...You are the first one that talk about fps gain...I still wonder because dont want to reinstall game again if something is wrong.

guldukat
11 April 11, 07:51
FPS gain is the aime of the mod. It's removing 'useless' objects > means reduces the polygon count > means better performance.
Installed it yesterday, runs fine so far, but only drove Nordschleife, you may know why ... :-P
If you backup your tracks folder ( in pakfiles folder ) you can easily roll back, without reinstalling the game, if you notice some issues.
Sometimes not loading tracks properly can also have other reasons.
Some reported problems with loading diffrent tracks while using totally unmodded game.

BTW; if you running a real good machine with fine FPS count on high, there's no need to use this mod!

edubz123
12 April 11, 14:01
My Results w/ mod removing objects & crowds (see my machine specs below too)

Trial 1
Track: Laguna Seca
Time: Day
Opponents: zero
FPS: 50-70 (prior to mod I was getting 40-66)
Textures: High (Shadows and Reflections = Medium)
AA: Off in-game (App controlled enabled in CCC 11.3)
AF: 8x forced via CCC 11.3 (8x in game also)
VSynch: Off

Trial 2
Opponents: 7
All others parameters same as Trial 1
FPS: 40-60 (roughly same as before mod)

Conclusion: I did not get a significant FPS benefit, maybe 5-10 fps when driving alone. The track was completely deserted, like a ghost town. I did not like. I will roll back this mod, costs outweigh the benefits.

My machine:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2Ghz
Mem: 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video: XFX ATi 5770 (1GB) single card
Power: XFX 650W modular
Mobo: ASUS 790X
(Nothing OC'd)

mroussev
12 April 11, 14:08
@edubz123 thanks for that info.That what i waited to hear.So i am not gonna use this for now...

Siggs
12 April 11, 14:42
I really enjoy this mod, apart from one thing. Maybe I'm just being picky.

BURGER VANS

Now lets think about it, these are a common sight were there are spectators at a track(I left the crowds in my game). They are, actually, a realistic thing to see. And alot of locations, there are some pretty close to the trackside, which makes the random-clusters-of-people-away-from-the-guardrails, and the smoke-coming-from-an-invisible-vendor issues, a tad annoying!

:D

guldukat
12 April 11, 17:52
MAYBE CAREFULL :detective:
With this mod installed i couldn't load 'Nürburgring Sprint' (game never finished loading).
After a roll back of my backuped tracks folder everything works fine.
So maybe the mod should be revised! :nurse:

mroussev
12 April 11, 18:00
What car do you choose?Because this problem with endless loading is cause by many cars(team nfs rx-8,team nfs scion etc..)not from tracks.At least for me.

guldukat
12 April 11, 18:26
I tried with both cars ( Nissan 350z & Audi TT ), and after a rollback, which only contains track-folder, everything was fine at first try. Tested again with both cars.
So the issue might be in the mod.
:|

pay2021
13 April 11, 09:04
I tried no bling and have people floating on nurburgring gp/f and some tracks dont load like willow springs, tried with no crowd and more tracks dont load like nurburgring gp/f, so back to defaults.

edubz123
19 April 11, 05:56
ok, i had better results at Silverstone Bridge GP. With 7 AI opponents I had a 10 FPS boost throughout the course. Medium/High settings, zero AA, 8xAF, 1080 res, no blur

Performance was nice but it felt like a practice, again very deserted. Maybe some people are ok with that for now.

I will wait for ATi/SMS patches arriving end of April, hopefully they will be enough and I can forget about this mod.