PDA

View Full Version : 15th June - 2 hour Enduro @ Daytona RC

Joel
11 June 08, 21:29
15th June - 2 hour Enduro @ Daytona RC

track: Daytona Road Course (http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=10434)
car: any TC-65 or GTC-65, except GT40 (Default cars only - no add-ons)
race distance: 2 hours (~56 laps?)

server password: winston

qualifying starts @ 5pm UK time (4pm GMT)
race starts @ 7:30pm UK time (6:30pm GMT)
estimated race finish time 9:30pm UK time (8:30pm GMT)

Find the starting time in your timezone here (http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_GB.aspx?y=2008&mo=06&d=15&h=19&mn=30)

This coming Sunday, 15th June, we will be running the 3rd NoGripRacing endurance race, a two-hour race open to any 1965 car type and any driver.

Places will be given on a first-come first-served basis, but first priority will be given to the Sunday League racers, followed by regular WNR drivers.

If you wish to take part please sign up in this thread, and also nominate your probable car type, although you may change car type at any time up until the event starts.

Entrants:

Sunday League
Geoffers - Daytona Cobra
billsmithem - TVR Griffith (orange)
grem304 - Alpine
psyfungi - on foot
HeebyJeeby - wheelbarrow pushed by psyfungi
rookiedaz - ?
Mogget - Jaguar E-Type #851
Snowcat - Lotus Elan (white)
bobken - ?
KDiesel - ?
Ralph_B - #900 Chevrolet Corvette
Zieman - TVR Griffith 400 nr. 855 (red LHD)

WNR
smull - Austin Healey 3000
epicname - TVR Griffith (red RHD)
Woody - Cobra
-)G(-Sawyer - Ford Falcon
Matra-Rancho - Jaguar E-Type #851
ally - Lotus Elan
Pimpin (Ron B) - ?

Others
Ignatius - Jaguar E-Type
Yoop - Lotus Elan

Results - http://www.nogripracing.com/leagues/GTL/results/Fun_Races/2008.6.15_19.31_daytonarc/
Replay - http://www.nogripracing.com/leagues/GTL/replays/enduro/Daytona%20Road%20Course_080615_1931.Vcr

Geoffers
11 June 08, 21:38
I'm in. Daytona Cobra at the mo.

smull
11 June 08, 21:46
I'd like to race too. Car will most likely be the Austin Healey 3000.

billsmithem
11 June 08, 21:55
I'll attempt the E-Type

edit: Perhaps the TVR - ran some laps and it's fun here.

grem304
11 June 08, 22:28
Count me in, ummm off the top of my head I'd say the Renault

psyfungi
11 June 08, 22:42
S'pose I might have to go for the hat-trick ;-)

epicname
11 June 08, 22:56
im in. tvr please:thumbup:

ban the gt40, so we are not over run by them :mrgreen:

HeebyJeeby
12 June 08, 05:00
I'll have a bash at this. Probably the Mini for me. Or maybe the Alfa? Oooh, the Abarth might be fun. Errrr, dunno, I'll get back to you on car choice. Definitely one of those four-wheeled ones though.

rookiedaz
12 June 08, 06:44
Count me in please Joel. As for car choice, maybe I'll try the circuit and then decide.....

Woody
12 June 08, 08:38
Love to have another go at trying to complete an enduro will probably drive the Cobra Hardtop

Mogget
12 June 08, 10:17
I will be driving the #851 Jaguar E-Type.

Snowcat
12 June 08, 12:04
Li'l White Elan As always. She'll get eaten alive by the V8's but hopefully last a little longer than they will.

bobken
12 June 08, 14:13
As usual Im in, dont know which car just at this moment but will be there Sunday.

Mogget
12 June 08, 14:48
Like Bill mentioned in the other thread, I thought that the "big block" Cobra had been excluded ? I certainly think that it should be, because it seemed to have straight line speed equal to the GT40 at Most.

KDiesel
12 June 08, 16:38
I´m in with......hmmm is there Corolla option??

Kimi

ps. Thanks for last race in thruxton,had great fun and good battles

-)G(-Sawyer
12 June 08, 18:04
I would like to give this one a go

car = Ford Falcon/Wardrobe

Ignatius
12 June 08, 19:32
After a long time its more than overdue to join a no-grip event.

Jaguar E-Type, please. :-)

Ralph_B
12 June 08, 20:17
Just did my very first lap on this track. Randomly have choosen the black-red lawnmower-Vette. Felt good - so I will take it without testing other cars.

Matra-Rancho
12 June 08, 20:35
Hi,

I'm interested to participate with Jaguar E-Type (if there are too many E-Types in the grid I will try the Ferrari 275 GTB)

regards Matra-Rancho (ex-WNR :-()

Mogget
12 June 08, 21:06
It looks like there could be an E-Type race within the endurance race :-)

Zieman
13 June 08, 12:06
After a long time its more than overdue to join a no-grip event.
Ditto.

I think I'll drive the Ferrari.
Have to check out the track first to be sure though - might go for Cortina or TVR instead...

Mogget
13 June 08, 12:15
I make that 18 drivers at the moment. Imagine if we could double that number and fill up the server ? That would be awesome !

rookiedaz
13 June 08, 12:44
Not that he is counting at all....

ally
13 June 08, 16:22
Id like to have a go il try the blue elan.

watty
13 June 08, 20:46
me please! Daytona cobra

Yoop
13 June 08, 22:04
I'm in. Lotus Elan

Ralph_B
14 June 08, 08:07
Only a small request - not important for good racing, but may add some realism and change.
If you have allready choosen your car, would be fine to post also what car-number or color is your favourite. So everyone has the chance to choose an individual car, as far there are different (default!) liveries available. Would be boring, if we for example have a wild bunch of Elans and all look the same!

Cheers,
Ralph

Zieman
14 June 08, 08:12
Good idea!

I tried the track & I discovered that I can drive the TVR leisurely around, so my car of choice is TVR Griffith 400 nr. 855 (red LHD).

frex
14 June 08, 08:24
Sorry, unlikely i'm going to make this one now. But i'll be rooting for the psy/heeby wheelbarrow team..

HeebyJeeby
14 June 08, 08:30
You have chosen wisely. :-)

rookiedaz
14 June 08, 08:33
Weel it does at least mean I may be in front of you for once Heeby...

HeebyJeeby
14 June 08, 09:02
Ah, you plan to use a turbo wheelbarrow? With both Joel and Pero pushing? :-P

billsmithem
14 June 08, 12:36
Only a small request - not important for good racing, but may add some realism and change.
If you have allready choosen your car, would be fine to post also what car-number or color is your favourite. So everyone has the chance to choose an individual car, as far there are different (default!) liveries available. Would be boring, if we for example have a wild bunch of Elans and all look the same!

Cheers,
Ralph

OK, I'll be in the orange TVR

epicname
14 June 08, 12:47
the red rhd tvr

Straat181
14 June 08, 13:20
Good luck to all of those who are racing! :)

Hopefully when i finally get the game, i'll be able to join you all with these great Tourney's :D

Again, Good Luck Guys!! :D

~Straat

Snowcat
14 June 08, 15:43

Cheers,
Ralph

Lotus Elan #610 if that helps. :-)

Matra-Rancho
14 June 08, 16:02
....If you have allready choosen your car, would be fine to post also what car-number or color is your favourite. So everyone has the chance to choose an individual car, as far there are different (default!) liveries available...
Cheers,
Ralph
Hi,

good idea.
My Jaguar E-Type is the #851 too, because this one is the fastest (Vmax) E-Type roadster

regards Matra-Rancho

Pimpin
14 June 08, 19:44
Not sure if I'll have finished work in time, but if so - count me in!

Trying out new cars every day now, so might try vette/tvr/gt350 (not decided!)

Ron B

Joel
14 June 08, 22:28
Please note the change in password on the server for the race.

grem304
15 June 08, 11:00
Not sure I'm going to be done hauling home some more cars in time to make the race. If I can't make it GLA

Nappe1
15 June 08, 11:08
LOL, I have never raced the track, but it seems that No Minis are in the grid, I must give a try.

(after all, I am the only racer in F1 venue series who has started and finished all races so far. ;) Not on same lap with winner every time, but nevertheless, in average racing distance I am only one with over 85% with my 96.5% ;) )

So yes, sign me in as driving that orange Mini Cooper S... I am going to try to make it to race though my schedule seems a bit tight.

besides, after Rauno "Rally Professor" Aaltonen (of Original Flying Finns) himself replied to my email about possible meet at Goodwood, I could not drive anything else than Mini.... ...maybe works Healey would be option as well, but I am not that good with it so I stick with Mini. :)

BlaBla
15 June 08, 14:24
I will also race today

Not sure which car. Think it'll be the Ferrari

Ying ;)

rookiedaz
15 June 08, 14:52
Tried to practise pit stops, but can't seem to get in a pit box. Anyone else with this problem? Went backwards and forwards for about 5 minutes but no joy. I presume pitstops will be necessary, especially with my fuel history!

Oh, and by the way, going to chance my arm in the blue and white TVR I think.

Snowcat
15 June 08, 14:59
Pit lane is a bit screwey but stopping is possible. I have a BAD feeling that the AI driver is going to drive down the pit wall for EVERY garage so be wary if other cars are also stopped. You have to enter the pitlane as far to the left as you dare or the pit AI doesn't catch you for the stop.

Straat181
15 June 08, 15:12
Hmmm, this is quite a dumb question, so forgive me, but i'm new here..

Are these races part of the 'Sunday League', or is it open for everybody??

Thanks,

~Straat

rookiedaz
15 June 08, 15:16
Pit lane is a bit screwey but stopping is possible. I have a BAD feeling that the AI driver is going to drive down the pit wall for EVERY garage so be wary if other cars are also stopped. You have to enter the pitlane as far to the left as you dare or the pit AI doesn't catch you for the stop.

Yeah, just had another go and it was fine! Bit wierd, can see it being a problem.

HeebyJeeby
15 June 08, 15:17
Hmmm, this is quite a dumb question, so forgive me, but i'm new here..

Are these races part of the 'Sunday League', or is it open for everybody??

This coming Sunday, 15th June, we will be running the 3rd NoGripRacing endurance race, a two-hour race open to any 1965 car type and any driver.

Places will be given on a first-come first-served basis, but first priority will be given to the Sunday League racers, followed by regular WNR drivers.

If you wish to take part please sign up in this thread, and also nominate your probable car type, although you may change car type at any time up until the event starts.
:-)

Straat181
15 June 08, 15:18
Oops! sorry, completely missed that. Thanks Heeby

I'll pay more attention next time xD

Sorry Again & Thanks,

~Straat

HeebyJeeby
15 June 08, 15:20
No problem, apologies for my rude 'n' lazy cut 'n' paste reply. I was going to edit it with more info subsequently, but you got in too quickly. :mrgreen:

Straat181
15 June 08, 15:22
Haha, thats what you get for Refreshing every second xD

Don't worry about it, i got a good answer on your post, so thanks! :D

~Straat

-)G(-Sawyer
15 June 08, 16:50
Change my mind going Lotus Elan 26R 605

HeebyJeeby
15 June 08, 16:53
Sorry guys, I'm going to pull out of this one. Falling asleep where I sit at the moment and really not enamoured of a two hour stint, unfortunately.

jukez
15 June 08, 17:04
I did 4 test laps with each 4 cars:
Healey 2:14.4
Ferrari 2:11.3
Merc 2:13.9
Elan 2:08.7
E-Type -

Probably only Cobras+Vette can challenge little and quick Elan. I think I go with Ferrari. Gear ratios suit nicely.

BTW. I had game freeze and texture mixup while I tried E-type. Its probably because of my 8800GT. Or could it really be the car (?). I have installed Daytona oval track earlier but I quess it should not use the same files as Daytona RC (?)

-Jukka

michael109
15 June 08, 17:18
Count me in please.
I'll take the E-Type 851, too (or is there a gulf-coloured wheelbarrow posible?)

revolucion
15 June 08, 17:51
Hi, I'd like to have a place. Sorry for the short notice, but have been to a historic racing day today.

I'd like to take the Elan, of course. Don't know which ones that are taken, but I'd love the white one.

psyfungi
15 June 08, 17:54
Hi, I'd like to have a place. Sorry for the short notice, but have been to a historic racing day today.

I'd like to take the Elan, of course. Don't know which ones that are taken, but I'd love the white one.

No problem revolucion, there's a number of free slots, so come on in.

smull
15 June 08, 19:19
Had a good quali, a good start (someone crashed right at the start, i hit him but thankfully not too much), had awesome 20 laps of racing with Marizio, and L4D and fungy, i made no mistakes at all, and was hovering around 5-6-7 place. Then i went in the pits for fuel, but i also let them repair the bodywork which wasted a lot of time, but i also screwed up the refueling. I thought the number on the left meant 20 laps, but it was 20 liters, so i put fuel for only 4 laps. I guess that's why it said 20/4 there. Stupid mistake, so quit. It was great 20 laps of racing though :D

epicname
15 June 08, 20:49
great race guys, especially ron burgandy.
gotta clear something up with the results. i came 2nd but in the finish screen it said i was dq ed. :-(

i hope this isnt the case because racing all that time for somethin to happen on my in lap. i was 16s behind woody and 40s ahead of watty when i crossed the finish line.

:trophy:

Nappe1
15 June 08, 21:02
Race report:
1. Qualified to race.
2. Raced
3. finished.

:-P

but yes, Not much to tell... Only other guy with TC-65 car was Ziemann and I could not keep up with him, as Cortina has higher top Speed. I did gained him a lot on Road Course section, but that's not enough when two thirds of the track is flat out... Anyways, My only hope was really that others would start taking stop and go penaties and I knew that I had survive with one pit stop, so I drove very fuel economically on late first stint and I di succeeded quite well, as the estimate was 26 laps and I pitted on 29th.

Strategy worked okayish and because it, I did have small battle with Ali in Elan nearing the end of the race, but mostly it was all about going as fast as possible and trying to stay away of GTC-65 cars. two bigger mistakes, one spin in back straight chikane (bad line with late breaking due another GTC car passing me) and giving too much space to GTC cars to overtake in second 180 degree corner of road course. Otherwise fine race, though it got a bit boring nearing the end.

Nevertheless, Flying Finns took the double in TC-65. :-P :-P

billsmithem
15 June 08, 21:30
great race guys, especially ron burgandy.
gotta clear something up with the results. i came 2nd but in the finish screen it said i was dq ed. :-(

i hope this isnt the case because racing all that time for somethin to happen on my in lap. i was 16s behind woody and 40s ahead of watty when i crossed the finish line.

:trophy:

You didn't miss a S&G warning did you? Just watched my fast lap replay and saw you cut both sides of the back chicane that time around.

smull
15 June 08, 21:32
If you miss a S/G warning you will get DQed way before the end of the race though. I think you have 2 or 3 laps and if you don't take the penalty you're out.

epicname
15 June 08, 21:36
na bill, i did have 2 cut tracks but was really carefull on the last few laps. on the screen that comes up with the results i was 2nd but when it went to the chat lobby my name was red and i was bottom. :crying:

just gonna be gutted if it turns out i got dqed for playin about on my in lap and donuting in the pits. i should of just hit esc when i passed the s/f line. thatll teach me. at least i know where i came in the race. the replay proves what position i came anyway.

billsmithem
15 June 08, 21:37
That was fun.

Started dead last or second to last - thunderstorm glitched everything here shortly before race start and I just got everything working again in time to race, so no qualy. Started slow and easy, assuming there would be a start incident, then carefully picked my way through the mess.

Cruised my way up to 4th (my replay says 2nd, but I don't believe it) before pitting on lap 34 or so, and then ruined the nice drive when I felt for the limiter button and hit it by accident at pit entrance. Locked up the rears, slide into the way, and spun onto pit lane. Didn't really lose much time there, but I forgot that I now had body damage and didn't remember to tell the pit crew not to repair it. Sat in the pits forever and came back out in 8th or 9th.

Finished 6th, not too back from the back.

Looking forward to the next endurance race - I love this stuff!

billsmithem
15 June 08, 21:39
na bill, i did have 2 cut tracks but was really carefull on the last few laps. on the screen that comes up with the results i was 2nd but when it went to the chat lobby my name was red and i was bottom. :crying:

just gonna be gutted if it turns out i got dqed for playin about on my in lap and donuting in the pits. i should of just hit esc when i passed the s/f line. thatll teach me. at least i know where i came in the race. the replay proves what position i came anyway.

I've never gotten a cut track warning after crossing the finish line - you can do what ever the heck you want. We've done all kinds of crazy stuff after the finish with no problems.

Ralph_B
15 June 08, 21:42
Woaaah, that was hammer-hard! Finished better in other races, but this shurely was one of my best.
Qualified somewhere in the Midfield - hadn't expected much more with the Corevette. But must say, the car was great on this track during race.

Well, the start .... better don't remember me on it anymore. Someone went sideways in front of me in T1. I could avoid hitting him, but behind me hell broke loose. Normally I would have been happy about getting room behind me right at start, but this time my hardware obviosly got mad. After some cars had crashed, my PC nearly freezed and I got so few FPS, that I even the FPS-Meter quitted its work.:angry: Driving was absolutely impossible and so I crept beside the track to avoid messing up others race. Waited nearly one minute until my PC has calmed down and all was ok again. Pretty odd, noticed this only one time before - and it also was basically on an oval-track and I also was driving a Corvette (but there it was the 76th ). I really ask myself, what's wrong with this combination on my PC.

So started to hunt the rest of the gang, dead-last with more than 1/2 lap behind Nappe's Mini. Not very promising!

Of course it lasted some laps until I was able to catch up, but than caught one after annother of the slower cars. Nappe, Zieman, Ali, Snowcat and some others eaten alive by the brutal power of the Vette! :mrgreen:
After about 25 laps was back in the good midfield. But then my tires started to wear out and the car got very critical to drive with a almost empty tank. Woody and two or three others of the leaders passed me, but I didn't care, as I wouldn't ever catch them no matter how hard I tried.
Carried my slipping and sliding V8-monster arround the track to reach my goal of a pitstop in lap 30. Finally managed it without spinning, changed tires and filled up fuel like planned. One minute for a short relax and a mouthfull lemonade!

After that continued my hunt. After 2/3 of the distance was behind an Elan, who was on 8th (Saywer, I think). I was slowly catching up - but this guy was really fast. Had no chance to get him in the infield, but of course had a big advantage at the highspeed-sectors. Finally wasn't directly at his back and prepared for an attack in the next lap - but then, what a hot experience! :scared: At the end of the lap his engine went up in smoke and flames. I could feel his pain, when I readed his dispaired "NOOOOOOOO" in the chat. Even he was an opponent for me, that had to be beaten, such a misfortune he hadn't earned!
However, was fighting myself to keep on the track at this moment, as I couldn't see anything in the black smoke all arround. Fortunately managed to stay on the road and not to hit his smoking wreck.

Arround lap 50 closed up to Mogget in his E-Type. I knew, it wouldn't be easy to catch him either. In the infield the big, white cat was shurely the better choice and I set all my hope into the overwelming power and topspeed of my Corvette. And the fat V8 didn't dissapoint me. Got Mogget in the second highspeed-part. Now my only goal was, to keep him behind in the following infield. Thanks god the Vette isn't an Abarth and wide enough, to prevent someone from passing - even on a wide track!:-P
Next lap it looked much better, as I could gain enough distance to be save for the next infield-ride.
Nearly lost my position a few laps later, when I was trying to overlap Zieman. Somehow lost concentration and forgot, how to brake - my one and only mistake in this long race. As a punishment I went into the grass in T1 and nearly crashed my car at the armco. But with much luck avoided a collission and came back on track - right in front of Moggets Jaguar. So had to fight a second time to get rid of him, and my car already had begun to loose grip on the rear-axle again like at the end of the first turn. But fortunately it was still fast enough to pull away in the last two laps.

Crossed the SF-line as - I assume 7th. Drove my outlap .... and lost my connection right that moment. What a piggy luck!

So my congrats to Woody for his win, or has happened something in the last second, that I've not noticed? And congrats to the 2nd and 3rd, whoever it was (of course my replay is also gone - have to wait for the server-replay).
Thanks to all others for extremly fair racing and a enjoyable evening! Hopefully see you all at the next event.

ally
15 June 08, 21:54
I enjoyed that race apart from when i pitted i thought the fuel went in automatic which it didnt so had to make 3 stops and then got a s&g oh well finished 5 laps down but was good fun.

billsmithem
15 June 08, 21:54
Was I the only one that kept getting messages that the server was re-synchronizing during the race? I don't recall ever seeing that before, but it happened repeatedly throughout the race. Everything would be fine, message would pop-up, the sim would freeze for a noticeable fraction of a second, then continue on just fine. Somewhat distracting, but didn't seem harmful. Maybe something to do with my lightning induced power surge before the race? (I did restart GTL).

epicname
15 June 08, 21:58
i never notice it, but it was difficult to pass u because u were lagging bad then driving submerged half under the tarmac and teleporting about. that might have something to do with your bad weather too. :D

billsmithem
15 June 08, 22:26
I had similar views of you. Actually saw you disappear completely into the wall and then pop back out.

Earlier on towards the start, I also had a white E-type in front of me leaving ghosts behind it for three or four seconds.

Strange stuff indeed! :mrgreen:

HeebyJeeby
16 June 08, 06:16
I've never gotten a cut track warning after crossing the finish line - you can do what ever the heck you want. We've done all kinds of crazy stuff after the finish with no problems.
I've managed to get myself DQed after the finishing line, I don't recall where (maybe Nords) but I'd finished and then got DQed after doing something extra. My memory is fading, but I think I was going back up the track to help push someone out of a stuck position? Either that, or I pushed psyFungi into the Void when he finished. :mrgreen:

It's possible I'm actually remembering two separate times this occurred and combining them, but post race non-SG-related DQing can and does occur.

Pimpin
16 June 08, 06:17
That was a great night of racing! Didn't have high hopes of a finish to be honest, what with choosing a tvr monster over my usual mini:laugh: and on a new track to boot...

Got down to learning the car/track combo during quali (thanks epicname for the great setup:thumbup:), and gradually got my times down into the 2:06's - good enough for 6th.
At the start Kimi failed to move off the line in front of me, and sorry I almost managed to stop in time - but not quite. Think this caused some carnage behind as I seemed to have some unexpected space into t1!
A few laps/mistakes later and I found myself 2nd or 3rd behind Kimi again and was having a great battle until his speed through a corner caught me out and I spun him:thumbdown:. Sorry agin. Waited for him and rejoined 6th I think. Caught up again, only to see him being spun again (must have felt victimised...) and then tried to keep concentration up until pit-stop. With my errors and previous contact, when I pitted I decided to chance not repairing suspension (90+ seconds), and not changing tyres :mrgreen: to save time. This gained me good time during the stop, but the second half of the race was VERY difficult and I kept losing control and averaged about 2-3 seconds a lap slower:mrgreen:. GREAT battling throughout (right down to being robbed of a podium going across finish line! :-P), and thanks to all who raced!

Ron B

Pimpin
16 June 08, 06:21
I've managed to get myself DQed after the finishing line, I don't recall where (maybe Nords) but I'd finished and then got DQed after doing something extra. My memory is fading, but I think I was going back up the track to help push someone out of a stuck position? Either that, or I pushed psyFungi into the Void when he finished. :mrgreen:

It's possible I'm actually remembering two separate times this occurred and combining them, but post race non-SG-related DQing can and does occur.

This also happened to [GC]Tomasio in the Gamers Crib (G)TC League (Every thursday btw8-)) race at Thruxton last week.

jukez
16 June 08, 06:32
I didn't have time for qually so I started near the end. Then when preparing for the race I noticed that Ferrari can be only filled up to 80litres. = minimum estimated pit stops would be 3. Damn!

Then the race. Ferrari launched nicely and I overtook about 15 cars in the first half of the first lap. Then I had to go defensive because all those TVR's and other faster V8 engined cars were closing fast in straights. Finally I settled somewhere in 14-16th place. I pitted in at 23 lap. In the chicane before the pits my car started coughing and if the pits would have been only 100m further I wouldn't have done it. I filled her up and changed the tyres. After that I was maybe 18th. Then shortly after I had to quit the race. There was family intervention again. Grrr. Real life starts getting on my nerves. Maybe I should get rid of it :-P

Anyway the race was really great up to that point.
See ya
-Jukka

epicname
16 June 08, 07:48

nightmare :ohmy: might have been similar to what happened then.lucky its only for fun, no more donuts in the pitlane then :laugh:

Mogget
16 June 08, 10:37
That was a very enjoyable first endurance race for me. I was happy to qualify as the leading E-Type, but even a PB of 2:11.445 was only good enough for 17th on the grid :ohmy:

That was followed by a bit of a mess when the green lights appeared. I think it was Kimi's failure to start moving that caused the problem, and the replay amply shows the resulting carnage ! Two cars turned sideways in front of me, and I hit them smack in the middle.

When the dust had settled, I found myself in 14th place. I passed Stefano's blue TVR through the infield section, but he got me back on the oval :-) Then Ying got a tow from my slipstream, and managed to get past me as we crossed the Start/Finish line. BillS (TVR) and Watty (Daytona) passed me soon after that. Daz followed suit in his blue TVR, but then he spun at T1, and I was back up to 13th. He passed me again, but then managed a lovely pirouette at the tight right hander on the infield section of the track (I gave you a perfect 10, mate :thumbup:).

Geoffers passed me on the oval section a couple of laps later, but it seems that he was only unlapping himself, since he was 25th at the time. It's also worth pointing out that Snowcat's little white Elan was hovering in the background at this stage of the race, ready to pounce if I made a mistake. L4de then managed to get alongside me on the approach to T1, but I couldn't see him when I started turning into the corner. I had absolutely no idea where he was......until his car passed right through me :ohmy: It's always nice to see some classy collision detection in racing games :laugh:

Shortly after that, Ying made a slight mistake exiting the infield section in his Ferrari, and that allowed me to get back on his tail. We were side by side on the approach to the chicane, but he had the inside line, so I gave way to avoid causing an accident. The next 8 or 9 laps were spent chasing him around the track, and it was great fun. Sometimes he would pull slightly ahead, and then I would close the gap again. We lapped Nappe1's Mini and Zieman's Cortina during this time.

Then we both turned through T1, and saw that L4de had spun his Daytona. Ying clipped the front right wing of his car as he swerved to avoid him, and that gave me an opportunity to overtake. I braked slightly later (and harder) into the tight right hander just before the Ferris wheel, and I passed him on the inside. His car twitched slightly on the exit, and that enabled me to pull clear. This was followed by another 3 laps of close range action as I battled to defend my position. Then Ying made a slight mistake on the infield section, and I opened up a small gap. He entered the pits at the end of the lap, so that phase of the race was over :-(

When I checked the estimated distance for a full tank of fuel before the start, I discovered that it was 28 laps......exactly half the length of the race. It looked like it was going to be very tight for a one stop strategy, but I decided to do that right there and then. I intended to complete 29 laps before entering the pits. If I ran out of fuel, then tough. Fortunately, my plan worked out just fine. Woody lapped me at this stage of the race, and I moved up to 8th place (presumably because two guys had entered the pits before me).

My pit stop progressed smoothly. I got the mechanics to spend a few extra seconds cleaning up the front grille (courtesy of the carnage at the start). Let's face it, Mogget really needs to look his best when displaying his racing skills :mrgreen: I left the pits in 13th place, just ahead of Ron's blue TVR. Lee joined Ron behind me in his red TVR, and they prepared to battle for 5th. Both of them swept past me on the oval section of the track. I then jumped from 13th to 10th as I passed the pits at the end of the lap.

The next few laps were uneventful, and I was on my own. I moved up to 9th place when I passed Daz in the pits, and I let Watty lap me as we raced through the infield section (he was 4th). Ying entered the pits for the second time shortly after that, and that bumped me up to 8th. Everything was going very well for the Mogster :thumbup:

A couple of laps later, I caught and lapped Ignatius in his E-Type (he was 13th) when he made a slight error exiting the chicane on the oval section. I then moved up to 7th place when I swept past the pits at the end of the lap (G Sawyer in his yellow Elan). Two laps later, I lapped Matra Rancho's E-Type for the second time (he must have been in the pits for the first), and that was followed a short time later by PsyFungi doing the same to me in his orange TVR.

Although I wasn't aware of it at the time, G Sawyer was catching me in his Elan. Unfortunately for him, his engine blew up approaching the Start/Finish line, and I could clearly see the flames and black smoke in the background as I watched a replay of my own car turning through T1. Unlucky, mate.

Four laps later, Ralph overtook me on the oval section in his black Corvette. I was all over his ass through the infield section, but he pulled away again when we hit the slopes. Three laps later, he spun off onto the grass at T1, and only just managed to rejoin the track in front of me. Cue another "Duel of the Fates" through the infield section :-)

I just failed to lap Zieman for the 3rd time as I crossed the finishing line in 8th place. I was very happy to be the highest placed "non American V8" car in the race, and I can honestly say that it was an almost flawless performance (I didn't spin off once, and I didn't get any cut track warnings either).

8-)

Woody
16 June 08, 10:38
Qualified in 5th for this race although I was a little disapointed I couldn't find a space in the traffic to try and equal the 2.05.60 time I set very early on. Any way started the race and just managed to avoid the stationary car on the grid (to watch the carnage in my rear view mirror) ending up third place behind Kimi and Ron B. After a few laps they collided and I managed to get through with PsyFungi right behind me. For the next 5 or so lap we swapped positions at almost every corner with the overall leader being different every time we crossed the line. However through the infield i felt a tap on my back, held the car and noticed he had disappeared, thanks for the great battle PsyFungi. For the rest of the race I was basically on my own stopping early on lap 29 and having to up the pace a little when I noticed that epicname was slowly gaining on me in the final 15 to 20 laps. Was really glad to finish the race after having computer problems on the last nordschleife event and very surprised to be in 1st place. Thanks to all for the great racing(hope I didn't cause any problems when lapping) and until next time.

See Ya

Woody

BlaBla
16 June 08, 11:42
yeah, great race. Was fastest of the not-that-fast cars in Quali with P16, had many E-Types in my back at the start.

Damaged my car at the start, as a car in the front missed the start. braked hard, but some cars behind me couldn't avoid the crash. Damage wasn't that hard, car felt quiet ok, but i lost some positions, i was on P18.

Then I had a really great battle with Mogget, who was the fastest E-Type. He was much faster in the Infield, as the Jaguar was accelerating much better than the Ferrari (which is much too heavy). But the Top-Speed of the Ferrari was a bit better and in the fast chicane i was quicker bcause i risked more than he did. Car was hard to drive with old tires, slighted a bit too much sometimes, so it was hard to keep up with mogget.

Sadly i had to do 2 stops. 80litres is not much enough for the ferrari, lost 30 or 40 seconds because of the 2nd stop. Without it i would have battled with mogget until the end of the race, maybe i would have been even 7th, which would have been sooo great with the ferrari

ah - and special thanks to the tc-65 cars who let the gtc-65 cars passing that easily. And to the 2 E-Types, which even went to grass in order to let me pass :)

Geoffers
16 June 08, 12:09
An enjoyable 2 hour time trial for me after the startline fracas.

Qualified in 9th place & made a fair start. Cars were darting about in front, then suddenly:eek::eek: there was Watty's stationary Daytona in the crosshairs. Despite a last second attempt to swerve around him I slammed into the rear of his car & caused all sorts of mayhem behind. I decided the best option was to sit there until everyone had found a way past & then carry on. Watty was on the grass at the side of the road & got going just ahead of me.

On the first lap the car was very unstable on the straight & under braking so I pitted at the end of the lap for repairs. Everyone except Ralph was well into their third lap by the time I rejoined. Caught Nappe & Zieman after about another 3 laps & passed them, but only unlapping myself. It took about another 10 laps before I caught them to make up a place.

Gradually worked my way up the field passing the less powerful cars on the straights. No point in forcing my way past on the twisty bits. Pitted at the end of lap 28 & had a bit of a misunderstanding with Michael's E-Type on the way in. I think he had autopit turned on as his car suddenly swerved across in front of me at the pit entrance. Lost a bit of time in the pits as I slightly overshot my pit & had to back up.

Back in the race, made up a few more places, got lapped by Woody & Epic & swapped places with BillS's TVR in the last few laps. He was a lap ahead, so I let him past, he went off track, I let him past, he went of the track, etc. Eventually came home 10th, 2 laps behind & just 4s behind Ying.

Congrats to Woody, Epic & Watty.:thumbup:

Looking forward to another endurance event soon.

Geoffers

rookiedaz
16 June 08, 14:31
Harumph.

Was just out for a bit of fun last night really, but the joke ended on me. Got an awesome start off from P6 into P2 but missed the braking point and slammed the barriers quite hard. What sort of plonker starts a 2 hour race in the barriers of turn 1. This took many laps to recover from, in which time I discovered the car was donald ducked on the handling side. I have never spun so many times. I went past and spun in front of mogget at least twice, and every time I caught up with Geoffers to lap him I spun again.
Managed a clean run of about 15 laps which got me to lap 33 I think, on came the blue light, and I went for the pits, thankfully, because I was desperate for new rubber. So little grip, it was like wrestling an anaconda, and mostly losing!
Got the crew to do the suspension whilst there, but could still see the blue light on the dash. Oh dear. Left the pit lane, immediately getting a stop and go for speeding, limped round, took the s and g, limped halfway round and ran out of fuel. Cue swearing and suchlike. Still annoyed now really. Must figure out how to do pitstops for next time.
Kudos to Woody on his victory, Lee(epicname) on keeping him honest, and Ron Burgundy and Watty for a great finish!

-)G(-Sawyer
16 June 08, 14:31
After a great qualifying round for me the race start was not so good. I got away of the line well but someone had crashed in front of me and I had no were to go, so I joined the crash heavily.:?: I managed to get away but the cars suspension was damaged :crying: and it was pulling to the left badly. First couple of laps were hard but after then I got used to it and started doing quick laps. Most of my race was lonely even with the car a bit twisted and my G25 on the wonk my pace was good.

During my second stop I see Mogget go past me in his Jag so knowing my speed I made him my next target. I was around 10 seconds behind him but catching him at about 2 seconds a lap, I also had Ralphs Vette catching me up in the straits but struggling to keep up in the infield this was the best part of the race for me. With Mogget in sight and the pit board saying 2 seconds it was time to attack him but then :ohmy:“BOOM HEADSHOT”.:ohmy: I believe Mrs Mogget was sitting in the back of his Jag with a sniper rifle and got a clean shot at my engine,:mrgreen: the fire and smoke was extreme and sent the little Lotus spinning from 140mph lucky enough I didn’t hit anyone or anything during this spin.

I did feel cheated going out like that so near to the end of the race but the experience was so good it didn’t really matter to much as I still had a great time.

Congratz to all that raced this event winners and losers it was a great event.:thumbup:

Could someone upload a replay file as my game failed to record one.

TBlax
16 June 08, 14:50
Wow, this certainly sounded like a good race, I'm glad it was a good one! :D

Can't wait until i get the bloomin' game, hopefully i'll get it by Wednesday at least, so i can join you all! :)

Also a BIG Congratulations to Woody, Epic & Watty. Very good results indeed :D :thumbup:

-|Tom

epicname
16 June 08, 14:53
daz i went off at t1 also thinking u had the braking point sorted :laugh: or were u following me :laugh: it was a blue tvr anyway.

never trust the car infronts braking point. sooo many times when someone infront heads off the track i kinda follow. :-D

rookiedaz
16 June 08, 15:03
Yep, I waited for you to brake, being as we were quite close. Bad move I think. Car was very trashed after that one. Oops..

Mogget
16 June 08, 15:30
I believe Mrs Mogget was sitting in the back of his Jag with a sniper rifle and got a clean shot at my engine

There isn't a Mrs Mogget. I just got some cheap hooker to sit in the back and use her knicker elastic as a slingshot :laugh:

psyfungi
16 June 08, 20:41
So many replies I want to quote!

For now, a better than expected race it turned out to be. 2 Hours - not quite the full-on "My hands have cramp and I'm about to..." marathon the 3 hour race has been in the past, but I'm not sure I'd sign up for one every week.

Not sure what happened Epic, but we all know where you finished. And yes. Heeby, that's exactly what happened at Nords Tourist. Pusher.

A few more weekends of fun races on Sunday with as many WNR peeps as we can rope in. Sign up for Sunday League, dudes - 2 hour qually and a single 1 hour race - learn when to race, learn when to ease off - pick your opportunities.

Nappe1
16 June 08, 20:55
So many replies I want to quote!

For now, a better than expected race it turned out to be. 2 Hours - not quite the full-on "My hands have cramp and I'm about to..." marathon the 3 hour race has been in the past, but I'm not sure I'd sign up for one every week.

Not sure what happened Epic, but we all know where you finished. And yes. Heeby, that's exactly what happened at Nords Tourist. Pusher.

A few more weekends of fun races on Sunday with as many WNR peeps as we can rope in. Sign up for Sunday League, dudes - 2 hour qually and a single 1 hour race - learn when to race, learn when to ease off - pick your opportunities.

well, the F1 Venue Championships is something between the sunday and enduro races as the races are around 80 minutes long, but we have doubled the tire wear and fuel consumption.

after running 7 those races, this was not that bad... :) But it was certainly different, by watching all the time if you are holding someone back.

<shameless advert>which reminds me... Next F1 Venue Race is tomorrow in Magny Cours GP with 35 laps. :) new racers are always welcome and you can race just few races if you want. No need to race all of the races in championships. Interested? check the F1 Venue thread in GTL -> Multiplayer forum.</shameless advert> ;)

-)G(-Sawyer
16 June 08, 20:59
Anyone got a replay file to upload please please please:-)

Joel
16 June 08, 21:01
Glad it all went ok for you guys. Sorry to have missed it, but I was on the road (and in the air) for 25 hours straight yesterday, and I've only just got back online.

Grats to the winner, whoever that was...?

watty
16 June 08, 21:44
Sorry for messing the start up. Was amazed and very pleased to get pole so told myself not to get too much wheelspin and stalled it!
It spoilt the race for a lot of people, maybe there should have been a restart with me sent off?

Geoffers
16 June 08, 22:19
No worries Watty, it just made the race er..... different! :laugh:

billsmithem
16 June 08, 22:40
Anyone got a replay file to upload please please please:-)

http://smithem.net/nogrip/Daytona.vcr

-)G(-Sawyer
17 June 08, 00:28
http://smithem.net/nogrip/Daytona.vcr

Thanks man:thumbup:

TBlax
17 June 08, 06:19
Sign up for Sunday League, dudes - 2 hour qually and a single 1 hour race - learn when to race, learn when to ease off - pick your opportunities.

Well, if the Sign-Up thread wasn't Locked, i would've been able to post my Sign-Up Request.. :laugh: But i can't anyway, because i havn't done any WNR races yet.. blehh :P

I'm assuming "Want to race in the Sunday GTL League?" is the Sign-Up thread.. :?:

-|Tom

Mogget
17 June 08, 10:29
Are we racing at Daytona RC tomorrow night ?

-)G(-Sawyer
17 June 08, 13:35
Video of my engine fire from Ralphs car:ohmy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_oXnrvZ9Ig

Joel
17 June 08, 13:46
WNR should be the same car/track combo.

Mogget
17 June 08, 14:52
I might try the TVR in one of the races. I enjoyed driving it at Talladega.

epicname
17 June 08, 14:58
Video of my engine fire from Ralphs car:ohmy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_oXnrvZ9Ig

always happens to me too when i race the elan hard.

Mogget
17 June 08, 15:06
Are you ready for Magny Cours tonight, Lee ?

epicname
17 June 08, 15:21
well, ive not practiced. dont think i'll be able to keep up with u. i know your fast round there. ive just gotta hope your tyres run out quite quick. if not i think youll do really well. looking forward to it, should be a great race as always.

michael109
20 June 08, 07:15
Pitted at the end of lap 28 & had a bit of a misunderstanding with Michael's E-Type on the way in. I think he had autopit turned on as his car suddenly swerved across in front of me at the pit entrance.
Geoffers

Sorry for that Geoffers. Your are right, my autopilot for pistop was on and did that surprising movement. :-(
During race I had some good fights with Ignatius, but mostly I drove alone.
With only one pitstop I got problems with the tires after 20 laps and had to visit the gras four times. :-(
I believe the air-pressure in tires was under.