PDA

View Full Version : Making Videos, watching replays, screenshots, etc...

tigeraid
5 December 06, 05:34
I finally decided to take a second and play with the replays--only to find I couldn't watch them! If I pause the game and choose "Replay" it works of course, but only for the last 10 seconds or so leading up to when I paused the game. In the Garage screen, I've NEVER seen the Replay button lit up in any situation, before or after a race, time trial, or open practice. How do you watch full replays?

Also, how do you take a screen cap? I don't see a keey for it in the options...

And finally, how are some of you guys making videos of laps? Is there an in-game feature for this or are you using different hardware or software?

tia.

Freddyfartbox
5 December 06, 11:32
Are you talking about playing the replays from the main menu? If that isn't working for you I've got no idea what the problem could be. You could try using Fraps (it's free) but you'll only get a recording of what you see in-race, ie, from whatever perspective you race with. I tried Fraps with BF2 and it halved my frame-rate, dunno if it'll do that with GTR2 or not though.

w2sjw
5 December 06, 12:26
I've been doing it the way some of the guys over at RSCNET have mentioned. I use FRAPS to take a half-size video recording of my replays, and then I use another free program called VirtualDub to make the video 320x240 (required by YouTube), and compress it at the same time to XviD format. Makes a 1 GB raw AVI file turn into about 14-18 MB!

Here's some of my recent conversion attempts from this weekend's release of the V8 supercars mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DypOYMtykaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1brTIFx8qlI

I hope this helps!

Scott

Freddyfartbox
5 December 06, 13:45
Oh yeah, I didn't think of that, recording the replays as you play them. I feel stoopid.

tigeraid
5 December 06, 13:52
Right, but regardless, I still have no idea how to play a replay in the first place! :p

What's the process you guys go through, step for step? Do you have to complete a given event? Can you get a replay of a time trial or open practice?

trebor69
7 December 06, 11:29
Right, but regardless, I still have no idea how to play a replay in the first place! :p

What's the process you guys go through, step for step? Do you have to complete a given event? Can you get a replay of a time trial or open practice?

You need to enable the replays in the options and make sure you tick time stamped replays otherwise they will overwrite eachother. Also you can record your hotlaps. Once you finish a race/practice you go to main menu/replays and it will be there. You know its working because it will say 'saving hotlap' when you leave the garage.

tigeraid
7 December 06, 17:24
Yup, go figure right when you posted this I found the "Replay" button in the main menu worked!

I didn't know about the "stamp replays" though, that's why I only have Hot Laps saved there. Thanks for the tip!