NoGripRacing Forums

NoGripRacing Forums (http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/index.php)
-   WRC 2 (http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Safari DLC WRC2 not for PC? (http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273871)

Hezemans 17 November 11 07:04

Safari DLC WRC2 not for PC?
 
WHAT!!!, it seems this dlc is only for xbox?:twisted::twisted:

Doohie 19 November 11 14:09

Do not despair...
Don't buy it.:thumbdown:
only two stages, actually one stage but the other one is in reverse.
The stage is around 4 minutes long...and i don't like it (PS3)
shame on you Milestone

Hezemans 19 November 11 14:26

There will be a free dlc for PC, it seems?

Roadhog 20 November 11 14:46

Appears BlackBean is picking up a bad habit from Codemasters... DLC's should be free unless there are massive in my mind. If they were to add another country with 6 stages and an SS, I would consider the purchase if the price was reasonable.

Hoggy

RichardSon 21 November 11 13:16

The WRC 2 'East African Safari Rally' DLC is now available for download at 400 MSP on Xbox360 Marketplace and 4,99 on PSN.

The PC version of 'East African Safari Rally' DLC will be available for free along with upcoming DLC. Stay tuned!

Kaps 21 November 11 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSon (Post 1489931)
The WRC 2 'East African Safari Rally' DLC is now available for download at 400 MSP on Xbox360 Marketplace and 4,99 on PSN.

The PC version of 'East African Safari Rally' DLC will be available for free along with upcoming DLC. Stay tuned!

What upcoming DLC?

thewarmer 27 November 11 10:13

All DLC should be free on what ever System,the whole DLC thing as it stands now is a money making racket the only things they should charge for is full upgrade,s & not just a odd map here or track or cars.

The whole DLC thing as got out of hand.

Talking about Dirt 3,s DLC sucked as it was just locked content a very under hand trick indeed.

Like some one said if the new content is of a massive updated nature then maybe its fair to charge for it. but these little bitty Charged DLC,s are wrong,but its a good way of making quick money for sure.

doe074 7 December 11 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by thewarmer (Post 1493105)
Talking about Dirt 3,s DLC sucked as it was just locked content a very under hand trick indeed.

while i despise Codemasters' DLC policy, that's not true. the DLC itself was never part of the installation. the only thing included on the disc were the preview pictures for the selection screens. you could unlock those with a trick, but that was all you could unlock.

the fact that each DLC download was 50 to several hundred MBs should have told you that it was not disc-locked content.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thewarmer (Post 1493105)
Like some one said if the new content is of a massive updated nature then maybe its fair to charge for it. but these little bitty Charged DLC,s are wrong,but its a good way of making quick money for sure.

i don't like to be nickel-and-dimed either, but nobody works for free. and content requires a lot of work, even if it's just a couple of cars or a single stage. it's not reasonable to expect completely new content for free in this day and age when production values are higher than ever before.

MaddmattH 9 December 11 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by doe074 (Post 1498033)
while i despise Codemasters' DLC policy, that's not true. the DLC itself was never part of the installation. the only thing included on the disc were the preview pictures for the selection screens. you could unlock those with a trick, but that was all you could unlock.

the fact that each DLC download was 50 to several hundred MBs should have told you that it was not disc-locked content.

Then how do the AI opponents drive DLC cars that I haven't purchased? I clearly saw a BMW M3 behind me in a rally event...

SPEEDACE 3 April 12 20:49

hi all are we STILL going to get this free safari WRC 2 addon on pc? :?:

sovietkong 17 July 12 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by doe074 (Post 1498033)
while i despise Codemasters' DLC policy, that's not true. the DLC itself was never part of the installation. the only thing included on the disc were the preview pictures for the selection screens. you could unlock those with a trick, but that was all you could unlock.

the fact that each DLC download was 50 to several hundred MBs should have told you that it was not disc-locked content.


i don't like to be nickel-and-dimed either, but nobody works for free. and content requires a lot of work, even if it's just a couple of cars or a single stage. it's not reasonable to expect completely new content for free in this day and age when production values are higher than ever before.

Then how come so many other companies, smaller companies release free dlc. In the FPS genre for instance TF2 updates have been completely free even before they added the hats and F2P model, and Red Orchestra 2 has had numerous updates adding game modes and free maps. RPG last year the Witcher 2 has had free updates as well. They never charged a dime to customers for the extra content.

sovietkong 17 July 12 17:59

I wouldn't blame Milestone for charging for the DLC on consoles because they are releasing it for free on PC. The reason most likely for this is that the consoles require them to charge for DLC. The same thing happened with Valve and the L4d series. Valve wanted to release free DLC on consoles but Sony and Microsoft wouldn't let them, therefore they had to charge for DLC on consoles while releasing it for free on PC. I'm thinking this may be the same scenario, it at least looks to be the same thing.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

www.nogripracing.com 2003 - 2014

Copyright 2003 - 20013 nogripracing.com

Page generated in 0.06103 seconds with 8 queries