NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > EA F1 Sims

Old 30 April 10, 16:18   #1
Eyghon(NG)

Default F1C & Mods

I've just installed F1C, not played it for a loooooooong time but it's still good.

I'm using Win7 64-bit and the game itself works fine but if I install either RH2005 or Season 2007 GGSF1 it crashes after selecting the track.

I think the last time I ran this it would have been with RH2003 or 4 on WinXP.

Anyone managed to get these mods working or know what the problem is?, compatibility (XP SP 2 or 3) mode doesn't seem to make any difference.

Anyone know what the problem is and\or suggest other more recent Mods that work, I don't want ripoffs of RH or CTDP etc.

Regards

Last edited by Eyghon(NG); 1 May 10 at 20:25.
Eyghon(NG) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 10, 19:30   #2
waterpolodan

I'm dealing with the exact same problem. I just installed F1C all over again to play some prototype C and F1 Seven on my Vista X86 laptop, and even in compatibility mode the game crashes in the mods as soon as I select the track and try to start a race weekend, or if I try to change cars in the menus. Strangely, normal F1C works like a charm, with or without compatibility mode, but I can't get the mods to work and I'm about to tear my hair out with frustration at Vista. Anyone have a solution?
waterpolodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 10, 20:43   #3
Eyghon(NG)

I've got CTDP 2005 running using XP SP2 mode, 98\ME mode worked but it looked crap, sound is breaking up, framerate seemed low and the G25 didn't feel right.

I got it to work by setting 3DConfig.exe, F1 Challenge 99-02.exe, CTDP.exe, CTDPcnfg.exe and CTDPLauncher.exe to run in XP SP2 mode with Admin rights, the only problem is it crashes when exiting the game with the same error as before, still better than crashing when you select a track as it at least allows you to play.

I only did the above with F1 Challenge 99-02.exe when I tried RH2005 and Season 2007 GGSF1 so gonna try them again but I can't remember seeing a seperate .exe for these mods?

If I get chance tonight I'm gonna try Prototype-C and SCC.

Anyone know if there is a SCGT conversion with all cars and tracks from that game which IIRC was an ISI Gmotor game?

Regards
Old 1 May 10, 21:57   #4
waterpolodan

Niiice, that works like a charm. Runs smoothly too, just like you say crashes when you leave a race but that's fine as at least I can get on track. It works with Proto C, I'm installing F1 7 now and I assume it'll work with that as well.
Old 1 May 10, 22:32   #5
waterpolodan

Looks like I assumed wrong. It works in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode, but strangely it doesn't work in XP mode. Win 98 mode has all sorts of sound glitches, so I'll keep working to see if I can get XP mode to work. Stupid vista...
Old 1 May 10, 23:06   #6
Eyghon(NG)

I have SCC and CTDP 2005 working now (still crashing on exit), I can't get Prototype-C to work, it won't even start up, I can run the season builder and launcher but that is about it, I think I must be doing something wrong with the config\launcher on this one.

Regards
Old 1 May 10, 23:09   #7
hagard
Banned

Vista is a piece of crap and for old sims W7 is not much better.

XP installs loads boots defrags searches copies benchtests and does maintence faster then any W7 and runs EA 101% :thumbup

2nd HDD, with tweaked XP for older sims Eyghon, you will wont regret it.
hagard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 10, 00:47   #8
waterpolodan

I wish I could downgrade to XP, but my laptop is my only computer and it came with Vista so I'm stuck with it unless I pay $$$ for an XP key and then have to deal with hunting down drivers and reinstalling everything just to run some mods
Old 21 July 10, 13:24   #9
pk4ever

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you had any luck resolving these CTDs?

I decided to install F1C again on my Win7 64-bit machine after a long time away fromt he game and get constant CTDs every time I select a track to race. If I select 02 season (standard) it works fine, loads track, exits OK - but if I select RH04 mod then I get the CTD. Very strange.

Could these be related to file/folder permissions maybe? Could explain why it only affects added mods and not standard seasons...

Thanks.
pk4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 10, 23:42   #10
hagard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk4ever View Post
Hi guys,

Just wondering if you had any luck resolving these CTDs?

I decided to install F1C again on my Win7 64-bit machine after a long time away fromt he game and get constant CTDs every time I select a track to race. If I select 02 season (standard) it works fine, loads track, exits OK - but if I select RH04 mod then I get the CTD. Very strange.

Could these be related to file/folder permissions maybe? Could explain why it only affects added mods and not standard seasons...

Thanks.

99-02 has 22 cars

Ralph Hummerich 2004/2005 has 20 cars.
If you start with 22 I am pretty sure it used to CTD.

At the bottom of CIRCUIT SELECT menu you lower NUMBER OF AI DRIVERS to 19

I think it is also in OPTIONS/ RULES menu, sorry cant recall.

imho it is not Vista or W7 it is wide screen monitors
Wish I had my big Phillips CRT still
Widescreen F1C elongates the pixels, looks off.
Old 24 July 10, 00:49   #11
hagard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterpolodan View Post
I wish I could downgrade to XP, but my laptop is my only computer and it came with Vista so I'm stuck with it unless I pay $$$ for an XP key and then have to deal with hunting down drivers and reinstalling everything just to run some mods
I had a mate with same problem with Vista lappie, however he had his copy of XP.

He brought a small 160GB Hardrive ( 49AU!) and swaps them when he likes.

Cheap as chips and enough room to put anything XP sims will need.
and you can leave the XP light and fast for sims only.

You could also find some of your later ones work as good if not better.

Hunting down drivers is a once only, download, archive, all done, no biggie.

Yeah if you had to shell out for XP as well probably not worth it.
Old 26 July 10, 14:04   #12
pk4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagard View Post
99-02 has 22 cars

Ralph Hummerich 2004/2005 has 20 cars.
If you start with 22 I am pretty sure it used to CTD.

At the bottom of CIRCUIT SELECT menu you lower NUMBER OF AI DRIVERS to 19

I think it is also in OPTIONS/ RULES menu, sorry cant recall.

imho it is not Vista or W7 it is wide screen monitors
Wish I had my big Phillips CRT still
Widescreen F1C elongates the pixels, looks off.
Must admit I havent checked the number of cars/AI - as I hadnt changed it and it used to work OK on XP as is. I'll give that a try tonight, thanks.
pk4ever is offline   Reply With Quote