NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > iRacing

Old 6 January 11, 11:17   #1
Berger R - 74

Default replays in iracing

hello,

perhaps someone can help me.
i do not have replays in iracing

i can only see raceresult if i go to R and i can not watch a replay?
if i go in EVENTS and then REPLAY, there are no replays from me too.

someone says to me, that the replay folder is in MY cocuments/i racing...
but i have NO replay folder in MY cocuments/i racing, only folders like..
cache, lapfiles, setup and paint

what i have to do, that i can watch replay?

and what is UTILITABLE TEXTURE MEMORY 420mb? what is, if i do change this?
and is there any different in online races if i have higher grafic detail with a slow internet, my computer can easy handle higher grafic, but i am not sure if i become any problems in a online race if i drive with higher grafic detail with my slow internetconnection.
i did saw this advanced grafic thing for only now, in beginning i did drive with MAX FRAME RATE and now with more details it is big improvement.

perhaps i do not know any other usefull thing which grafic setting and someone can tell me what is a good thing (i do not understand this things because i am from deep BAVARIA and german language is alrady a foreign language for me and english i do not realy understand much)

thanks and
servus
Berger R - 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 11, 11:22   #2
Scorz

You need to manually save each race replay on the server before you leave
Scorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 11, 14:54   #3
Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berger R - 74 View Post
hello,

perhaps someone can help me.
i do not have replays in iracing

i can only see raceresult if i go to R and i can not watch a replay?
if i go in EVENTS and then REPLAY, there are no replays from me too.

someone says to me, that the replay folder is in MY cocuments/i racing...
but i have NO replay folder in MY cocuments/i racing, only folders like..
cache, lapfiles, setup and paint

what i have to do, that i can watch replay?
That is the right place, you don't have the replay folder, because you never saved a replay.
When you save one for the first time, there will be a replay folder.

Here is how you save a replay:

go and drive some laps. let's say you want to keep your fastest lap.
In the middle of the screen is something that opens like a control for a video recorder.
then click the bar to the position you want it to start at, or just click on the lap time and it automatically goes to the start of that lap.
then click the "Mark button" on the left.
Go fast forward or click a point where you want it end and click the save button.
A window opens and you can rename it if you want.

Now you will have a Replay folder.

Quote:

and what is UTILITABLE TEXTURE MEMORY 420mb? what is, if i do change this?
and is there any different in online races if i have higher grafic detail with a slow internet, my computer can easy handle higher grafic, but i am not sure if i become any problems in a online race if i drive with higher grafic detail with my slow internetconnection.
i did saw this advanced grafic thing for only now, in beginning i did drive with MAX FRAME RATE and now with more details it is big improvement.
I have it at 75% of my actual memory on my graphics card.
So, if you have a graphics card with 1.2Gig of memory, putt in 900mb

Higher graphics have nothing to do with your online driving, it's only the local computer. If your computer can handle it, then use the full graphics on it.
But if you computer slows down and you get bad frame rates, your lap times can go up.

Quote:
perhaps i do not know any other usefull thing which grafic setting and someone can tell me what is a good thing (i do not understand this things because i am from deep BAVARIA and german language is alrady a foreign language for me and english i do not realy understand much)

thanks and
servus
I'm sure you will have many more questions, but that's what helpful forums are there for.
There is also a european forum in iRacing, maybe some in there speak german?
I can't access it, because it's only for DE-AU-CH drivers.
But you're right, since you're from Bavaria, German might be a foreign language for you too.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 11, 17:20   #4
Berger R - 74

thanks data,

very much help again.
i do let it to 420mb, because i have ati4870 512mb card.

never did know that i must save a replay manuel in this video recorder thing, again new for me.

frames will be no problem, i did to the max. grafic thing and do max. frame rate away and i had sometimes more then 100 and then sometimes goes down to 75, very unconstant, think i do make fix. max. frame rate to 65 around, i am not good in this things, but i think more then 60 frames is useless because no different between 60 and 100+ frames because of monitor maximum.
i have to watch how much the frames goes down in online race with other cars, think 40+ will be ok.

i have now shadow in cockpit which looks good and so much things next to track which i had not, tracks look like more alive? with higher grafic.

i was in this german iracing forum and it looks like there are not much usefull things to read for me, i think the i racing forums are so "unpersonal",
but i racing in general is much "unpersonal", "anonym"
this AND the "off track" things, where often not a off track was (often i got this if i have 2 wheel on track still) AND you do not drive a realy race, more a hope to survive and make no come out of track, kills very very much of the fun for me AND of course everything in english is a totaly motivation killer too, so much things in iracing to read and not much to understand.

tomorrow i will do 1st race in laguna seca, i did much testing in the options settings and nearly no laps in a row in laguna seca, only test this, test that and i have GTR2 races too, hope i can do more laps in laguna seca tomorrow, think 1.45 will be possible, not sure.

..thanks again data, sure not my last question this will be

servus from deep, deep niederbayern
Old 6 January 11, 17:30   #5
Jack B
Banned

Quote:
but i racing in general is much "unpersonal", "anonym"
Berger, start adding friends and studied to your friends/studied lists. You can have up to 100 and then at all times in iRacing you can see when they are practicing, racing etc. Making friends will make it more personal for you. Use the NoGrip list of names as a start. Also, go to the Hosted forum and join a league. That's another option.

Quote:
this AND the "off track" things, where often not a off track was (often i got this if i have 2 wheel on track still) AND you do not drive a realy race, more a hope to survive and make no come out of track, kills very very much of the fun for me AND of course everything in english is a totaly motivation killer too, so much things in iracing to read and not much to understand.
The off track 1x is when your car is 51% off the racing surface. You can have two wheels on track and be about 90% off the racing surface. Also, be careful riding some of the curbs. When you reach the end of the curb you may get an off track when the grass starts abruptly under your car. Often the fastest drivers don't get any incidents per race. Often they don't get any 1x's at all. A few won't hurt. Especially at Rookie level.

Save the replays from your races or spectate fast races and save those replays. Then watch the lines of the fastest drivers. This should help. Good luck.
Jack B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 11, 17:39   #6
Mahjik

Berger,

I hope this translates well for you:

The 1x off track incidents are spotty. I've sent issues in the past where my car was not 50% off the track but still received a 1x in hopes they would address them. Some tracks the off track areas are well defined. On some other tracks, they don't seem to be as consistent. I'm sure there is a reason behind how they are placed on the tracks.

Just make note in your practice sessions which corners are more sensitive and take more care around those during your race. It is a nuisance, but again it's only a small part of iRacing. A 1x every now and then isn't going to ruin your SR.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 11, 18:23   #7
Berger R - 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
Berger, start adding friends and studied to your friends/studied lists. You can have up to 100 and then at all times in iRacing you can see when they are practicing, racing etc. Making friends will make it more personal for you. Use the NoGrip list of names as a start. Also, go to the Hosted forum and join a league. That's another option.

The off track 1x is when your car is 51% off the racing surface. You can have two wheels on track and be about 90% off the racing surface. Also, be careful riding some of the curbs. When you reach the end of the curb you may get an off track when the grass starts abruptly under your car. Often the fastest drivers don't get any incidents per race. Often they don't get any 1x's at all. A few won't hurt. Especially at Rookie level.

Save the replays from your races or spectate fast races and save those replays. Then watch the lines of the fastest drivers. This should help. Good luck.
yes, i will do make any friends/studied (no idea what this is).
then i can do make big brother and watch the results from many of you
hope not much have me as studied, friend thing with my bad results and many incidents things

do this people know that i have make him to a friend, studie somewhere, or not.
think huttu is friend of everybody in iracing
Old 6 January 11, 19:56   #8
AllanGP
Donated

Quote:
thanks data,

frames will be no problem, i did to the max. grafic thing and do max. frame rate away and i had sometimes more then 100 and then sometimes goes down to 75, very unconstant, think i do make fix. max. frame rate to 65 around, i am not good in this things, but i think more then 60 frames is useless because no different between 60 and 100+ frames because of monitor maximum.
i have to watch how much the frames goes down in online race with other cars, think 40+ will be ok.

servus from deep, deep niederbayern

Not sure you are right here, read this thread, especially Shawn Purdy's ideas, they worked for me beautifully.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/po...75/329406.page

3rd post down.

I'm goimg quicker since uncapping my frame rate. Of course I could be driving better
AllanGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 11, 20:02   #9
Berger R - 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanGP View Post
Not sure you are right here, read this thread, especially Shawn Purdy's ideas, they worked for me beautifully.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/po...75/329406.page

3rd post down.

I'm goimg quicker since uncapping my frame rate. Of course I could be driving better
hi allan,

not sure if i did understand purdy letter correct?

i should do lower grafic setting for more frames, good is over 100 or 120 and do not make a max. frame thing.
if this is correct, then i do middle grafic and NO frame limit.

thanks allan

edit:
i looks like the first 3 months i racing pay you should use for learn all this things in i racing and read all letters for information, then after 3 months you can start to drive -).
Old 6 January 11, 20:12   #10
Duser

Quote:
hi allan,

edit:
i looks like the first 3 months i racing pay you should use for learn all this things in i racing and read all letters for information, then after 3 months you can start to drive -).
exactly, that is the reason they have pay 1 get 3 months promo code
Duser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 11, 20:36   #11
AllanGP
Donated

Yes, you have got it, essentially the better frame rate you can get the smoother the feed back and the better the visual feedback too (even though this is limited by your monitors refresh rate).

My experience has been it has helped my "feel" and the link between my "feel" and what I see on screen much better, both things are more closely matched.
AllanGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 11, 22:24   #12
Data

remember, the 1X off is the same for everybody, so no disadvantage for you.
If you watch the fastest guys (like Huttu), they almost never get a 1X off, because they know the limits of the tracks.
I almost never get a 1X off, unless I make a real mistake, so for me it is very important to know how wide I can take a corner.

About the friends thing.
Once you drive a full season in the upper classes/splits, you'll start to meet the same people over and over and they become your friends.
When I enter a race, I already know half the guys that are on the starting grid (good once and bad once).
It will get much more personal/friendlier, if you start to post in the season thread at the forum also.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 11, 22:50   #13
Jack B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
remember, the 1X off is the same for everybody, so no disadvantage for you.
If you watch the fastest guys (like Huttu), they almost never get a 1X off, because they know the limits of the tracks.
I almost never get a 1X off, unless I make a real mistake, so for me it is very important to know how wide I can take a corner.

About the friends thing.
Once you drive a full season in the upper classes/splits, you'll start to meet the same people over and over and they become your friends.
When I enter a race, I already know half the guys that are on the starting grid (good once and bad once).
It will get much more personal/friendlier, if you start to post in the season thread at the forum also.
Great post Data. Yes, in Rookie races there is often 7 to 10 splits, so it's often people you've never raced before. Once you get up to higher levels it's bigger fields and more often familiar faces. Especially if you start getting 1 to 2 or 3 splits and you are always in the 1st split or maybe the bottom split. Then you start to face the same drivers often.

Good idea on posting or reading in the series forum as well. Between that and the friends/studied lists it's pretty easy to make friends on iRacing. And the good thing is that in many leagues, the practice servers are ghost towns all week. In iRacing there are almost always people to practice with. If you don't know them, say Hi and soon you'll find you'll know a lot of people.
Jack B is offline   Reply With Quote