NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor

Unread 23 February 11, 20:39   #1
ZeosPantera

Post rFactor Better FFB Tutorial

**Updated** OCT2011

I recently got hold of a friends iRacing account because he insisted I needed to feel this "incredible" "amazing" and "realistic" Force Feedback that he and other iRacing enthusiasts have been touting on-infinitum. I had no doubt that it would be better then rFactor's as rF's age has put it at a disadvantage. I tested with every car in the account on several tracks to get a "feel" for what the iR ffb was actually doing.

I was confident in my ability to duplicate it in rF, I spent the next week searching, tweaking, tweaking and then I did some tweaking to rFactors default Controller.ini, Realfeel and Leo's FFB.

With this concoction of a modified Controller.ini, modified default RealFeel (Thanks goes to this guy's tutorial for the original modification ideas http://www.eoaa.org/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?t=338) and the painfully difficult editing of Leo's FFB settings. I was finally able to settle and do some testing (and more tweaking).

What this FFB will do is... Well you have to feel it. I think this feels better than iRacing. You will need to adjust every car with realfeel's numpad hotkey's, but with these settings I feel every crevice and bump in the road. I can feel the brakes lock up and the steering goes numb. A locked up tire will pull the steering wheel. I can even feel the slight pressure difference on the steering as the front of the car goes up and over hills and then gently lands again.

===TUTORIAL START================================

For all the Fanatec users, remove the PorscheWheelPlugin.dll from your plugins folder as it interferes with this!

I am using a G27 with a larger wheel than stock and used both 900 and 720 degrees of rotation for testing. Some forces may be set stronger for me than you would like but adjustment is pretty simple.

1} Download this zip.
It contains all the plugins you need with the default settings set already. http://www.mediafire.com/?4f1r9k5oiyqbdxo **Updated** OCT2011

2} Move the files to their appropriate location Overwrite or remove any previous versions of Leo's or Realfeel!

3} Change the lines in your rFactor\userdata\yourname\Controller.ini There is a copy of them in the zip

4} Go to your Driving wheels control panel and set it up as follows. Even if you aren't using a logitech the spring, damper and strength setting should still be somewhere.

5} Change the "Front Wheel Lock Angle" line
in rFactor\plugins\LeoFFB.ini

The very first line should be changed to your preferred steering lock used in "most" mods. Sometimes this won't be correct if a mod limits the angle but use an average. I use 22 if on 720 of wheel rotation and 28 if running 900 and the mod allows it.

6} Testing Once in-game you will not have to edit anything. Load a car such as HistorX or the Lotus23's or any mod that works with realfeel. I RECOMMEND USING A REAR WHEEL DRIVE CAR FOR A FIRST TEST!! When you go on track you should hear a voice say "realfeel is enabled" This means that realfeel is installed correctly. While sitting still you should find it difficult to turn the wheels and the steering wheel should stay where you turn it. This means that the Leo's is installed correctly.

** If you have severe oscillation when not moving simply lower the "Stiffness of Stationary wheels" value in the LeoFFB.ini

7} Adjusting the FFB
This is the hot key config used by RealFeel. The only things you should be concerning yourself with are the "Reverse FF", "Stronger FF", "Softer FF", "Decrease RFP mix" and "More Smooting" options.

A} Immediately in every new car you use set the RealFeelMix down to 90% (RIGHT CTRL + NUM 1) it will allow the Leo's road bump effects, rumble strips and grass effects to be felt. If you forget to do this the following adjustments will be off.

B} Drive the car at a decent pace turning back and forth. Once rolling ~25 mph you should be able to feel if the FFB is in the correct direction (Pulling to the center) or if the mod has the geometry backward (your steering wheel tries to go all the way left or right.) If it is backward you need to press "RIGHT CTRL + NUM 8". This will reverse the FFB for that particular car and you can continue.

** Note, when rolling forward for the first time around 12 MPH you should feel the Leo's stiffness fade and realfeel will take over. With some mods this transition is transparent in others there is a slight wheel shutter.

C} If the force is too strong you can use either (LEFT CTRL + NUM 9) to lower the FFB strength by 1,000 or (RIGHT CTRL + NUM 9) to lower by 100. Use NUM 7 to make it stronger. Drive for a while at high and low speeds, braking hitting rumble strips etc before finalizing this number.

If you notice your steering wheel vibrates alot when there should be no reason OR if you have to set the strength divider set under 1,000 it is recommended you use a smoothing level of at least 1 (RIGHT CTRL + NUM .)

A SPECIAL NOTE!! The RealFeel plugin's force is most dependent on the suspension CASTER of the car you are using. The higher the caster the stronger the force you will have straitening the wheels out at speed. If you find a car has severely low or high FFB. Instead of putting the Strength below 1000 or raising the divider above 8-9000 and risking over/under modulation try to adjust the Caster in the advanced tab to ~4-8 degrees. An example of Caster being an issue is the V8 Supercars use 15 of caster which is VERY HIGH. I set it to 7 and it was much easier to adjust the FFB correctly.

10} A Note on four wheel drive/ front wheel drive cars. You may find cars like the Historic Rally Cars or the HistorX Mini feel "funny". This is due to the front wheels being powered. What you will feel is, when coasting, it feels perfectly normal but when on the power through a corner the steering force will go light and even pull to one side. This is an effect known as torque steer. It is realistic for cars of this type and I have never felt it with any other FFB setup so that is a bonus.

That should be it. Now for every car you load the calibration procedure will be repeated and the adjustments will be saved automatically to your "rFactor\realfeelplugin.ini". It only takes about 20 seconds once you get the hang of it. I have included as many mods pre-adjusted as possible to help everyone with the transition. The following cars come set up by me.

Finally, Some mods simply DO NOT WORK with this FFB. I would point out the Saleen S7 Turbo mod as one. I couldn't for the life of me get that or the Mazda MX5's to feel "right". I tested as many mods as I could but if you find one that doesn't work or you are having issues, please post details here and I will take a look. Good luck and Happy Driving.

Last edited by ZeosPantera; 19 October 11 at 09:08.
ZeosPantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 February 11, 20:57   #2
Geordie055

Will see how i go, thanks for your time and effort
Geordie055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 February 11, 22:01   #3
ermax

As an iRacing subscriber I have to agree that rFactor, when properly configured with RealFeel and a good mod is better then iRacing hands down. But iRacing is light years better then crap mods without RealFeel.

I suspect there are a lot of people out there that are really missing out on what rFactor is capable. That or to stubborn to give RealFeel a shot long enough to learn how to set it up. It really isn't that hard.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 February 11, 22:02   #4
ermax

Good guide BTW. This should help out a lot of people.
Unread 24 February 11, 14:28   #5
Geordie055

Going to do some track time today, but It felt great the short time I had yesterday
Geordie055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 11, 00:11   #6
F2kSel

Nice info there thanks.
F2kSel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 11, 15:51   #7
Stigasawus

Sounds great but I worry about going somewhere I cant live with. Guess I need to do a lot of documentation like a track book but for cars....or can you just tell me where to get your book "R -Factor for Dummies"
I can drive cars but I think computers actually drive me!
Stigasawus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 March 11, 16:50   #8
dbell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I suspect there are a lot of people out there that are really missing out on what rFactor is capable. That or to stubborn to give RealFeel a shot long enough to learn how to set it up. It really isn't that hard.
This is accurate in my case. I've been sim racing for a long time, but didn't get around to trying rFactor until a year ago. While I liked a lot about rFactor, the one glaring thing I didn't like was the steering and FFB. That always held me back from playing and enjoying rFactor more. This thread has completely transformed rFactor for me. I can't believe the difference.

Thank you very much ZeosPantera for taking the time to share your information. Your instructions are easy to follow and the result for me has been a game changer.

Dave

I would add that I tried this for the first time last night with F1 1985, GP 79, and F1 1988 and all worked great with this.
dbell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 March 11, 19:33   #9
ZeosPantera

Great to hear Dave.

I'll post a little update. I have tried a few new mods and unfortunately the new Series international Du Mans has severe issues with this FFB. Almost all the cars seem to reverse their FFB about half way through a corner. The porsche is the worst but ironically the Ferrari 430 in that pack does work and is one of the greatest examples of what a car should feel like.

The Szocske mod (spelling may be incorrect) little 4x4 buggies are GREAT with this FFB. They feel better then some of the more well known realfeel mods so I suggest giving them a try. The Lotus23's are still the best Real Feel mod I have ever driven.

Lastly someone messaged me here last night saying that the FFB was great on their new T500 but that everything felt overly sensitive when he used his normal 540 degrees of rotation. I have worked it out that this is a result of the "speed sensitivity" being set to "0" when you update the controller.ini.

It is not recommended that if you use a wheel that you use anything other then 0 as that setting with just (Unrealistically) lower your car's steering lock at speed. Ideal for using a gamepad but not a $600 wheel. I recommend leaving SS at 0 and then just using a higher lock on the steering wheel itself or lowering the car's steering lock to your liking.
Unread 5 March 11, 19:50   #10
Raikku

We need similar for Fanatec-wheels. And it should be "one setting for all cars", I'm too lazy to adjust FF every time when I drive different car.
Raikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 March 11, 19:58   #11
stanj2

Default Excellent tutorial

I've messed with it for years but your systematic approach is definitely worth trying. I do like the combo of realfeel and leo's but it can be labor intensive.

Thanks
stanj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 March 11, 21:02   #12
ZeosPantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikku View Post
We need similar for Fanatec-wheels. And it should be "one setting for all cars", I'm too lazy to adjust FF every time when I drive different car.
This will work for all wheels and brands. You only need to set it up once per car and then that car is set forever. It is a relatively simple process and really how many cars can you actually say you drive that are new each month. With my un-godly amount of mods and trying to drive new ones each time for testing I still only managed 63. Now that testing is over I have tried about 4 new cars this week.

Once you get use to the controls the adjustment only takes a few moments.
Unread 9 March 11, 17:46   #13
Raikku

When compared to iR, ppl have to remember that iR's "feel" is not just the ffb, it's that and track surface modeling, which is better than any other sim, together.

About mods, I have around 20'ish installs and, I guess, well over 100 mods(120>?).
Raikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 March 11, 06:05   #14
Blackout

i was a late starter to FFB, as all the mods i have done, i never used FFB, i started about 6 months ago using this, after people tell me i will never go back.. so i tried it with realfeel, which i heard most people like the most.. i have since been using it all the time, and this update / tweak, really helped my dead zone feel i got when driving down a fast long straight..

i also have FFB1,2,3 settings now in my controll setting screen.. what are the others for.?
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 March 11, 06:46   #15
ZeosPantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
i also have FFB1,2,3 settings now in my controll setting screen.. what are the others for.?
Not sure what you are talking about. Is it in the mod's upgrade menu or in rFactors settings?
Unread 10 March 11, 11:19   #16
Blackout

it's in the control setting menu, clicking on FFB,
and on the top right it shows FFB2> click on it, it has more detailed settings. FFB1> and FFB3>
FFB1 has different types of meshes the FFB uses it looks like
curbs, and other stuff.
forgot what FFB3 is.. maybe i should grab some screenshots

Unread 10 March 11, 19:45   #17
ZeosPantera

I have seen that before. It is mod dependent. Most mods will not present you with that sort of choice.

The only thing I can recommend is leave it at default values and try it. If something feels off all you can do is fiddle with those controls.

The only thing that concerns me is if those options changed the actual Controller.ini and would keep the modifications for all other mods. I would hope not.
Unread 10 March 11, 21:58   #18
Blackout

yes.. it is from the UIData that is for the mod.. forgot that it was in there...lol
it's very handy in making quick changes / testing while on the track..
Unread 11 March 11, 15:37   #19
ermax

If you have FFB steer force output max="0.00000" then none of those sliders do anything anyways. That setting totally disables the original FFB (which is what those sliders adjust) leaving nothing but FFB from plugins.
Unread 11 March 11, 16:35   #20
Vette4Life

Do you have a setting for the Black Momo please ?

(G27 arrives only in April)
Vette4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 March 11, 19:50   #21
ZeosPantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette4Life View Post
Do you have a setting for the Black Momo please ?

(G27 arrives only in April)
The settings should all still work for the black momo but I don't know how well it will translate. I had the Black MoMo for nearly 5 years before going to my G27 and they are completely different.
Unread 11 March 11, 21:44   #22
Vette4Life

Yeah I know, night and day
Unread 11 March 11, 22:21   #23
Blackout

yes it works with the black Momo, as i still have the old Red Momo.
Unread 14 March 11, 17:06   #24
tarnsman

Zeus

I tried this with my G25 and ran into some problems maybe you can help.
First my wheel slammed to the right and vibrated very strongly, I lowered the stiffness of stationary wheels in the LeoFFb ini by half and it helped some but it was still pretty scary.

Once out on track, I could feel no road surface effects. Also,I could only hear the "real feel enabled" message and no other messages when I attempted to adjust the real feel parameters.
tarnsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 March 11, 18:04   #25
ZeosPantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnsman View Post
Ze0s

I tried this with my G25 and ran into some problems maybe you can help.
First my wheel slammed to the right and vibrated very strongly, I lowered the stiffness of stationary wheels in the LeoFFb ini by half and it helped some but it was still pretty scary.

Once out on track, I could feel no road surface effects. Also,I could only hear the "real feel enabled" message and no other messages when I attempted to adjust the real feel parameters.
What mod was this all in?

The real-feel not speaking during a parameter change but telling you it is enabled is very odd so not too sure of whats wrong.

When you say road surface effects are you talking about rumble strips, bumps, pull to center or all?
Unread 15 March 11, 01:04   #26
tarnsman

I was in the 1988 mod
No vocal from RF
No road surface feel other than rumble strips.
tarnsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 March 11, 22:45   #27
betterstranger

great thread! and brilliant guide.

but i've got question - how to configure FFB settings in ingame-menu for logitech DFP?
could anyone help me solve this problem? because i never was advanced in rfactor (because i play mainly gtr2 and lfs and theres no so much to configure) and actually i got lost in all those options...
betterstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 March 11, 06:24   #28
ZeosPantera

There shouldn't be anything you need to configure in-game once you copy the lines into your controller.ini

The lines you edit modify the FFB controls in game.

Not sure if any special settings are required for your particular wheel. You may be the first trying it with that wheel.
Unread 16 March 11, 11:42   #29
betterstranger

it works great! that's even better fun than in LFS! many thanks for this great guide
betterstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 March 11, 12:25   #30
Vette4Life

AMAZING !

Black Momo, tried it with the Formula Vee's (I didn't feel anything before), adjust it to my liking, and YES ! I can drive the F Vee's with feelings in my hands !

Thank you for that ^^

I only changed the steering lock in the LeoFFB thing to 8.25 to match my 270deg steering wheel by calculating what it would be taking your 720 and 900 deg setup and doing some basic maths

I only have 1 problem so far... Enduracers SP1 mod... I can feel the bumps and everything alright, but the steering wheel is LIGHT !

Any ideas please ?
Unread 16 March 11, 15:07   #31
mymonaco

thanks a lot! but I got several questions. 1st my wheel is to weak(very light)! I mean after i move from the pit leo is fading and there is no ffb, I mean I can feel it only in corners, curbs. what will help to feel the wheel?

wheel: g27
mod: F1 71

I guess it due to this parameters:

FFB steer force input max="-65535.00000"

especially this one
FFB steer force output max="0.00000"

Last edited by mymonaco; 16 March 11 at 15:30.
mymonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 March 11, 15:53   #32
ZeosPantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette4Life View Post
I only have 1 problem so far... Enduracers SP1 mod... I can feel the bumps and everything alright, but the steering wheel is LIGHT !

Any ideas please ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymonaco View Post
several questions. 1st my wheel is to weak(very light)! I mean after i move from the pit leo is fading and there is no ffb, I mean I can feel it only in corners, curbs. what will help to feel the wheel?

wheel: g27
mod: F1 71

I guess it due to this parameters:

FFB steer force input max="-65535.00000"

especially this one
FFB steer force output max="0.00000"
If you increase the Real-Feel Strength with the in-game hot keys (Left or Right ctrl+num7) then you should start to feel it increase right away. That strength setting will not affect the leo's FFB force you feel when stationary or the bumps in the track. If upping (lowering the number) on real feel doesn't work check the caster of the car's front suspension. If it is below 4.0 try raising it.

Those settings mymonaco are key to having this work correctly. The first "FFB steer force input max=-65535.00000" basically disables a limit on the force able to be sent to the wheel/plugins. The other removes the default rFactor FFB steering effects completely to leave only leo's and realfeel.

Last edited by ZeosPantera; 16 March 11 at 18:23.
Unread 16 March 11, 21:13   #33
Vette4Life

I put it to minus 100 (Max) and I still have a light steering wheel...

I think that these mods have their own Force Feedback thing that interfere with yours...

EDIT: For some reason, RealFeel was set on "False" -_-

Now it works !

Last edited by Vette4Life; 16 March 11 at 21:50.
Unread 16 March 11, 22:28   #34
mymonaco

it works! thanks a lot! thats what I call real feedback! bravo!
mymonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 March 11, 03:09   #35
Vette4Life

Hehe
Unread 17 March 11, 08:02   #36
Blackout

also remember to setup the wingman profiler.. just do not rely on in game settings.
if the base FFB driver is not setup proper, everything will feel bad/weak.
Unread 17 March 11, 21:09   #37
Vette4Life

Yeah I adjusted the profiler like shown in the first post, thanks
Unread 18 March 11, 08:33   #38
Lunsmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
There shouldn't be anything you need to configure in-game once you copy the lines into your controller.ini

The lines you edit modify the FFB controls in game.

Not sure if any special settings are required for your particular wheel. You may be the first trying it with that wheel.

The DFP works great with your settings. Almost every mod I have tried feels better than ever. Only the BMW 320 E21 mod feels odd to me.
Lunsmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 March 11, 08:47   #39
ZeosPantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunsmann View Post
Only the BMW 320 E21 mod feels odd to me.
That is one of the mods I recall that doesn't work well with Real Feel. Sometimes if can be forced with just a very high strength but sometimes (like the saleens) It will do very strange things like always pull "full force" to one side. Has to do with how the suspensions are modeled.
Unread 19 March 11, 05:10   #40
Vette4Life

The Porsche 944 Cup BETA does strange things to... Then again it's only a BETA so...
Unread 20 March 11, 12:37   #41
Claudio Navonne

Thanks!!!
Great stuff!!
Claudio Navonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 March 11, 10:18   #42
Lunsmann

Just got a new wheel yesterday, and using your realfeel.ini & LeoFFB.ini files it is just the best thing I have ever tried. I haven't tried your controller.ini tweaks, and don't know how they would go with the new wheel.

I will try them eventually, just to see, but for now, rfactor is like a completely different game with this wheel.
Lunsmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 March 11, 19:20   #43
ZeosPantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunsmann View Post
I haven't tried your controller.ini tweaks, and don't know how they would go with the new wheel.
You still have default rfactor ffb enabled unless you copy the controller.ini lines over. Interested to know the difference once you apply it.
Unread 23 March 11, 21:19   #44
Blackout

plus remember that FFB is / will be different from mod to mod.. they will all not be the same.. nothing to do about that..
Unread 24 March 11, 22:25   #45
DragonGaru

Hi ZP and the rest of simracers,

i just bought my first wheel to play the beloved rfactor (choose a DFGT) and never even tried with default ffb settings.

Since i already knew this thread i immediately installed LEOFFB and RF and followed your settings.

I can see (and feel) the potentiality, but i'm far for settings things the way i want, or at least, the way i think it should feel. Truth is i've never had a wheel before and also truth is that i never drove most ofthe cars and never drove a race car, so i lack the complete knowledge how the wheel should behave and feel (strenght , resistance, precision, and other parameters).

I have many questions in my head..

I've been working and tweaking around steering ratio values (some say 15:1 is the right thing for most of the cars, race cars (lighter and with more power use less - and what is less? - 14:1?, a F1? - 12:1? - i know a bike is 1:1..)

My goal is to match the rotation degrees of my wheel on the car i'm driving to the real rotation degrees on the wheel of that car, and with that obtain also the correct steering ratio of that car, for that i need to adjust the steering lock.I've been reading and i think i figure the formula right: (wheel degrees /2) / steering lock = steering ratio.

Well, i'm simulation purist, so my goal is to match all the parameters from real life to the sim, hoping to get the most faithful experience.

One of my biggest questions at this day is: with the limitations of my gear (e.g. i know that DFGT has good FFB, but it's far from the real life feeling, of course, it can reproduce, but never with 100% fidelity) if i match all the real parameters of real life into the sim, will i have the closest feeling of it or, because of that gear limitations, i'd would might just not being to specific and be more into free adjust based on my feeling and testing untill i arrive what i consider an immersive feeling?

I'm sorry for my english and sorry for the mess of ideas, but i'm into this tweaking for days and i really feel confused.

Ok, but for now, at least, one thing you have to answer me:

you say to set speed sensitivity to 0%. Well, i've tried your settings with no adjusts of my own, and never, never worked for me. With SS at 0% my wheel almost doesn't react.

To feel things as i think is in the way of the feelings that you say your settings reproduce have to set SS to around 50%.

Do you have any clue why 0% SS isn't working for me?

(ahh.. im referring to speed sensitivity in game. When you refer SS is also in game? or its another parameter outside to be adjusted? or both?)
TY in advance
DragonGaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 March 11, 04:04   #46
ermax

There is Speed Sensitivity and there is Axis Sensitivity. They are completely different things. You want all you Axis Sensitivities set to %50. %50 is liner. Speed Sensitivity is the setting you want to set to 0%. What speed sensitivity does is make your wheel more sensitive at low speeds. This is to make it easier to get out of the pits and stuff like that. But sometimes in low speed turns it will kick in and cause the wheel to no longer be 1:1.
Unread 25 March 11, 13:42   #47
DragonGaru

ty ermax,

when i finished the post i return to my testings and realize that.
In-game is not speed sensitivity but axis sensitivity. I could find speed sensitivity in the
controller.ini and that was and is at 0%.

my axis was and still is at 50%. Btw, do u use 50% axis on the pedals too?

Meanwhile, my testings continue and im still far from the desired result:

i want my wheel to be smooth on turning (a bit like having a good power steering) without loosing precison, and still have a vivid counter (?) ffb. In other words, if i push the values of ffb effects, the driving becomes heavy but i can feel counter ffb, if i decrease ffb, the driving becomes lighter (wich i like and i think more like real driving) but the ffb becames way to secundary, not affecting my driving and not "pushing" my reflexes.

Did i made myself clear?
Unread 25 March 11, 16:20   #48
freejrs

Super interesting thread. I will eventually get round to trying this out.

Im glad I popped back to NoGrip for a quick look now.

Thanks for this work Zeos.
freejrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 March 11, 18:35   #49
ZeosPantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonGaru View Post
i want my wheel to be smooth on turning (a bit like having a good power steering) without loosing precison, and still have a vivid counter (?) ffb. In other words, if i push the values of ffb effects, the driving becomes heavy but i can feel counter ffb, if i decrease ffb, the driving becomes lighter (which i like and i think more like real driving) but the ffb becames way to secondary, not affecting my driving and not "pushing" my reflexes.
What you may want to try is using just Real-Feel (remove leo's) and setting the in-game effects level to LOW. That will disable all bump effects and basically just leave a speed based return to center which is more realistic for heavy power steering cars.

This tutorial is more to exaggerate the minuscule forces that would otherwise not be in default FFB and found in un-power steered cars. The purpose of FFB in general is to relay information about the car that would normally be felt through the seat of your pants. Loosing grip on the rear end of a car isn't felt through a real steering wheel on a car until you are backward. You feel the back end go out with your inner ear and auto-correct the wheel instantly. So unless you have a full motion rig that can simulate slipping you need to feel it in your hands. That is the only way that you can correct it fast enough.
Unread 25 March 11, 22:44   #50
DragonGaru

well, ive done a couple of laps without Leoffb and with low on ffb settings and.. it seems more like it.

Gotta do more testings to arrive to more conclusions though.

btw, how do i disable leoffb? i just removed the leo ini and dll from the plugins folder, is there any (proper) way?

thanx again for all the help you gave me folks (and again a special thank you to the man with the plan - ZeosPantera)