NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Slightly Mad Studios > Need For Speed: SHIFT

Old 23 April 11, 14:26   #1
DoubleT

Question SHIFT and Physxloader.dll

So a few days ago I was gifted an MSI HD6950 (2GB). I removed all the Nvidia drivers...including the Physx component (using the add/remove in Windows7 CP), shutdown the system and swapped out my GTX470. NFS SHIFT hasn't worked since. It goes through the startup video and into the game menus...but then stops working at the track loading. It's looking for a physxloader.dll file.

Last edited by DoubleT; 24 April 11 at 00:08.
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 11, 14:28   #2
NVIDIAGeek

It's very simple. Download the PhysX Software from here and install it. That's it.
NVIDIAGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 11, 14:48   #3
DoubleT

Thanks for the reply...On downloading it and trying to run setup...I keep getting a message that the installed version is newer than the one you linked to. Thing is...I don't have any additional entries in the add/remove for anything Nvidia related. I'll check the registry to see if anything exist there.
Old 23 April 11, 17:32   #4
DoubleT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDougNY View Post
@DoubleT
Try deleting the graphicsconfig.xml file...it's located in your documents folder (under NFS Shift). The game needs to detect your new card, so that it can update the graphics XML file for use with your card. Basically, the game needs to be told to stop running optimizations for Nvidia and change over to ATI....deleting that XML file should take care of the problem.
Thanks...but that still did not fix it.
Old 23 April 11, 17:37   #5
DoubleT

I installed the newest version of driver sweeper and ran it in safemode also. It found and removed an old entry for Physx. That cured the physxloader.dll missing message...but the game still won't go past the track loading screen. It crashes as the spinning circle goes to track loading. I deleted my in game profiles and figured building a new one would solve the issue...but no go.
Old 23 April 11, 18:26   #6
NVIDIAGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
I installed the newest version of driver sweeper and ran it in safemode also. It found and removed an old entry for Physx. That cured the physxloader.dll missing message...but the game still won't go past the track loading screen. It crashes as the spinning circle goes to track loading. I deleted my in game profiles and figured building a new one would solve the issue...but no go.
That was happening to me too. See here: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=225935. I don't know what I did but after sometime it was all right. It's like it fixed it's own problem. Weird......
NVIDIAGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 11, 20:07   #7
DurgeDriven

1. re-installing the version off the Shift DVD first.

2. Manually delete a few folders and user entries
Delete aeiga registry

3. Otherwise driver sweeper in safe mode.
/ disable GPU in device manager/ reboot , etc.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 11, 04:11   #8
DoubleT

I completely removed NFSShift along with my unpacked folder, mods and NFS entries in the Documents folder and everything else Revo uninstaller could find. Rebooted and reinstalled SHIFT....it still doesn't work. All this from just changing to the HD6950. I can't even revert. The GTX470 was sold...great!
Old 30 April 11, 06:17   #9
DurgeDriven

You only have weekends hey. ?

When all else fails I will go a fresh OS.

Even if you have to borrow / buy a small drive so not to touch yours if that is a problem.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 11, 13:47   #10
DoubleT

Oh well! It was good while it lasted anyway. Now it goes to the box...with the other four EA titles. Thanks though for all the suggestions. Maybe one day later on I'll 'futz' around with it...but not now. All my actual sims run great rFactor, LFS, NKP, GTR2 and the entire RACE series...so I won't be reformatting anytime soon. See you on track. Thanks.
Old 8 November 11, 12:06   #11
rhmitul

Just ((restore to a point)) before u erased what ever it is that you erased.
rhmitul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 12, 05:24   #12
LA1IMPALA

go to your Shift 2 install disk, it has a folder phys install, run the installer, remove then reinstall physloader. You may have to do the same for shift2
LA1IMPALA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 12, 13:09   #13
Swiftracer

yeah, shift gets problems with newer physx for some reason, just install from the disc, and uninstall the newer ones first, as a few people have said allready! also after latest uninstallion, run ccleaner registry scan, so any weird values are deleted...
Swiftracer is offline   Reply With Quote