NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Black Bean Games > WRC 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17 November 11, 07:04   #1
Hezemans
 
Hezemans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 61
Default Safari DLC WRC2 not for PC?

WHAT!!!, it seems this dlc is only for xbox?
Hezemans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 11, 14:09   #2
Doohie
 
Doohie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium
Age: 43
Default

Do not despair...
Don't buy it.
only two stages, actually one stage but the other one is in reverse.
The stage is around 4 minutes long...and i don't like it (PS3)
shame on you Milestone
Doohie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 11, 14:26   #3
Hezemans
 
Hezemans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 61
Default

There will be a free dlc for PC, it seems?
Hezemans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 11, 14:46   #4
Roadhog
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 56
Default

Appears BlackBean is picking up a bad habit from Codemasters... DLC's should be free unless there are massive in my mind. If they were to add another country with 6 stages and an SS, I would consider the purchase if the price was reasonable.

Hoggy
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 11, 13:16   #5
RichardSon
 
RichardSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Default

The WRC 2 'East African Safari Rally' DLC is now available for download at 400 MSP on Xbox360 Marketplace and 4,99 on PSN.

The PC version of 'East African Safari Rally' DLC will be available for free along with upcoming DLC. Stay tuned!
RichardSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 11, 16:40   #6
Kaps
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Croatia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSon View Post
The WRC 2 'East African Safari Rally' DLC is now available for download at 400 MSP on Xbox360 Marketplace and 4,99 on PSN.

The PC version of 'East African Safari Rally' DLC will be available for free along with upcoming DLC. Stay tuned!
What upcoming DLC?
Kaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 11, 10:13   #7
thewarmer
 
thewarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg
Age: 48
Default

All DLC should be free on what ever System,the whole DLC thing as it stands now is a money making racket the only things they should charge for is full upgrade,s & not just a odd map here or track or cars.

The whole DLC thing as got out of hand.

Talking about Dirt 3,s DLC sucked as it was just locked content a very under hand trick indeed.

Like some one said if the new content is of a massive updated nature then maybe its fair to charge for it. but these little bitty Charged DLC,s are wrong,but its a good way of making quick money for sure.
thewarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 11, 09:34   #8
doe074
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarmer View Post
Talking about Dirt 3,s DLC sucked as it was just locked content a very under hand trick indeed.
while i despise Codemasters' DLC policy, that's not true. the DLC itself was never part of the installation. the only thing included on the disc were the preview pictures for the selection screens. you could unlock those with a trick, but that was all you could unlock.

the fact that each DLC download was 50 to several hundred MBs should have told you that it was not disc-locked content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarmer View Post
Like some one said if the new content is of a massive updated nature then maybe its fair to charge for it. but these little bitty Charged DLC,s are wrong,but its a good way of making quick money for sure.
i don't like to be nickel-and-dimed either, but nobody works for free. and content requires a lot of work, even if it's just a couple of cars or a single stage. it's not reasonable to expect completely new content for free in this day and age when production values are higher than ever before.
doe074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 11, 01:15   #9
MaddmattH
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doe074 View Post
while i despise Codemasters' DLC policy, that's not true. the DLC itself was never part of the installation. the only thing included on the disc were the preview pictures for the selection screens. you could unlock those with a trick, but that was all you could unlock.

the fact that each DLC download was 50 to several hundred MBs should have told you that it was not disc-locked content.
Then how do the AI opponents drive DLC cars that I haven't purchased? I clearly saw a BMW M3 behind me in a rally event...
MaddmattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 12, 20:49   #10
SPEEDACE
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: uk
Default

hi all are we STILL going to get this free safari WRC 2 addon on pc?
SPEEDACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 12, 17:48   #11
sovietkong
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doe074 View Post
while i despise Codemasters' DLC policy, that's not true. the DLC itself was never part of the installation. the only thing included on the disc were the preview pictures for the selection screens. you could unlock those with a trick, but that was all you could unlock.

the fact that each DLC download was 50 to several hundred MBs should have told you that it was not disc-locked content.


i don't like to be nickel-and-dimed either, but nobody works for free. and content requires a lot of work, even if it's just a couple of cars or a single stage. it's not reasonable to expect completely new content for free in this day and age when production values are higher than ever before.
Then how come so many other companies, smaller companies release free dlc. In the FPS genre for instance TF2 updates have been completely free even before they added the hats and F2P model, and Red Orchestra 2 has had numerous updates adding game modes and free maps. RPG last year the Witcher 2 has had free updates as well. They never charged a dime to customers for the extra content.
sovietkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 12, 17:59   #12
sovietkong
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default

I wouldn't blame Milestone for charging for the DLC on consoles because they are releasing it for free on PC. The reason most likely for this is that the consoles require them to charge for DLC. The same thing happened with Valve and the L4d series. Valve wanted to release free DLC on consoles but Sony and Microsoft wouldn't let them, therefore they had to charge for DLC on consoles while releasing it for free on PC. I'm thinking this may be the same scenario, it at least looks to be the same thing.
sovietkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

www.nogripracing.com 2003 - 2014
Page generated in 0.25669 seconds with 11 queries