NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Sector 3 Studios > GTR2 > GTR2 Hotlaps

Old 27 February 12, 10:42   #1
kiki93

Question Problem with Replays

Hey everyone, i have a problem. I drove, a personal best at Monza Junior, 49.411, and next day i drove even better 49.234. I returned to garage, made some setup changes and went on track again. I eventually failed in improving my time, so i returned to main menu in order to choose some other track to drive. But when i looked at monza junior, game was again showing that my personal best is 49.411, not 49.234. I think maybe it is because in the first case when i made 49.411, i immediately quit to main menu, didn't drive again.
Also in section Replays i haven't got my 49.234 lap, only 49.411. Please help because it would be shame that i submit time 49.234 which is by the way very good, but without any proof(correct .vcr file)
kiki93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 12, 06:52   #2
aSa
One of The P&G guys

In my experience GTR2 engine is able to correctly save (=extract) HOTLAP replays only for the last stint (the time between being in garage). That means if you make a good lap, visit garage and start another set of laps but with no luck, you have lost your hotlap replay for your good lap.

Of course the lap is visible in the FULL replay but picking it from there is something I haven't even bothered to try yet (I think it is possible). And somebody might consider that as a hacked lap.. ; ) which it basicly is because it is not an original, GTR2 created hotlap.

cheers.. aSa C[_]

NB:
So after a successfull lap and visiting garage, don't start another stint, but exit the session and go save your hotlap replay (OR let a nifty program like VcrSaver do that saving for you automatically, but you will still need to exit the session after garage time).

Last edited by aSa; 28 February 12 at 07:08. Reason: Added a wonky ad : )
aSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 12, 10:04   #3
kiki93

Ok, now i understand that with replays, but you haven't answer me is this the case also with statistics? As i understood, the game won't save my new personal best in statistics if after visiting garage i go to another stint and have no luck in improving time??Sorry for bothering
Old 28 February 12, 10:16   #4
aSa
One of The P&G guys

I haven't checked the situation with statistics. It is possible that it is lost also. I haven't been keen on build in GTR2 statistics info, because it also counts times for laps that I would consider invalid.

cheers.. aSa C[_]
aSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 12, 10:13   #5
kiki93

Thanks