NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Sector 3 Studios > GTR3

Old 16 January 12, 01:54   #51
DurgeDriven

Even though it is 600pixels can't see any hint of jaggy tailights, cool.

Still need some 1920 to have proper idea but on last one imo it has a definition none of the other new sims have.

Not better per-say I just like it more on personal level.

Never been that Shift Dirt F1-2011 softer graphics guy.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 12, 02:52   #52
Kazumi

I see.

still Shift engine or the upcoming TD: Ferrari got a similar clean, vidid but not sterile look. as much as I can say that from a few pictures

I don't like color filtering like S2U or the usual Codemasters stuff either. maybe they should be made event based and not permanently. look at Dirt 2 natural lighting mod, they look better overall. same in Shift series in my opinion.
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 12, 12:17   #53
Bongomaster

Really looking forward to see what they do with this.

I call BS on the sounds though. There is no way the game will sound like that, and you can quote me on that when the game gets released. I think it's just an over-excited CEO raving about his product. I'll only listen to one of the actual developers or programmers, not a CEO. I hate it when CEOs, PR people, etc. get carried away and lead the public astray with their expectations. He kinda gives it away that they're recorded (not reproduced) sounds when he says "can you guess which track it is?". So I'm sure they have just been trackside with a mic.

Whatever, this emphasis on good sound gets a big thumbs up from me. Graphics have always improved while sounds have remained fairly stagnant . They are more important than ever in a racing game and I'm glad developers seem to be realising this. In fact, sounds are so important to me that I cannot play GT5, cos its sounds suck big time.
Bongomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 12, 14:43   #54
Jay Ekkel

The recordings on the teaser site were taken directly from the game, from the external cams. No BS involved.
Jay Ekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 12, 03:23   #55
NorthernUnion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongomaster View Post
Really looking forward to see what they do with this.

I call BS on the sounds though. There is no way the game will sound like that, and you can quote me on that when the game gets released. I think it's just an over-excited CEO raving about his product. I'll only listen to one of the actual developers or programmers, not a CEO. I hate it when CEOs, PR people, etc. get carried away and lead the public astray with their expectations. He kinda gives it away that they're recorded (not reproduced) sounds when he says "can you guess which track it is?". So I'm sure they have just been trackside with a mic.

Whatever, this emphasis on good sound gets a big thumbs up from me. Graphics have always improved while sounds have remained fairly stagnant . They are more important than ever in a racing game and I'm glad developers seem to be realising this. In fact, sounds are so important to me that I cannot play GT5, cos its sounds suck big time.
I've long been complaining about the poor quality sounds from sim racers. But i think these sounds being used in the teaser 100% acurate and will be used in the game. The reason i say this is because if you use the formula raceroom mod included in Race Injection just have a listen to the sounds of the car in the replays. Closest thing i've ever heard to a real F1 car. I can base this on my experieces at the 2002 Melbourne GP. If these are the same guys producing the sounds for GTR3 that produced the FRR sounds then i have high hopes for GTR3 and believe what Jay is telling us to be correct.
NorthernUnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 12, 03:27   #56
gears
Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernUnion View Post
I've long been complaining about the poor quality sounds from sim racers. But i think these sounds being used in the teaser 100% acurate and will be used in the game. The reason i say this is because if you use the formula raceroom mod included in Race Injection just have a listen to the sounds of the car in the replays. Closest thing i've ever heard to a real F1 car. I can base this on my experieces at the 2002 Melbourne GP. If these are the same guys producing the sounds for GTR3 that produced the FRR sounds then i have high hopes for GTR3 and believe what Jay is telling us to be correct.
You guys know Jay Ekkel is part of the SimBin team right?

I take him at his word, no doubt in my mind these are 100% in-game sounds.

They also say those screens (like the one in my avatar) are not photoshopped in any way, 100% in-game screens.
gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 12, 03:42   #57
DurgeDriven

I will be glad if they release retail/steam final only.

I got more of a kick out of trying a new sim like it is christmas
Almost like I know what I am getting in rF2 and pCARS without trying.

GTR, GTL demo you knew exactly what you were getting, just made you hangout that much worse.

edit: Esp. downunder we waited that long for GTR I heard of people almost ...almost ...jumping off buildings in Sydney........... rof
Old 17 January 12, 05:00   #58
hoboholic
Hobo strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
I will be glad if they release retail/steam final only.

I got more of a kick out of trying a new sim like it is christmas
Almost like I know what I am getting in rF2 and pCARS without trying.

GTR, GTL demo you knew exactly what you were getting, just made you hangout that much worse.

edit: Esp. downunder we waited that long for GTR I heard of people almost ...almost ...jumping off buildings in Sydney........... rof
I remember when I found GTR 2 in Big W one day knowing nothing about it... only that it was a racing game and the back cover looked great with the BMW brake light
Ended up getting it for Christmas in 06 which led me to NoGrip
hoboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 12, 05:40   #59
NorthernUnion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gears View Post
You guys know Jay Ekkel is part of the SimBin team right?

I take him at his word, no doubt in my mind these are 100% in-game sounds.

They also say those screens (like the one in my avatar) are not photoshopped in any way, 100% in-game screens.
Yes i realise Jay is part of the team producing GTR3.
Old 17 January 12, 05:48   #60
NorthernUnion

Hey Durgedriven and Hoboholic: Youu guys are in NSW, which NRL sides do you guys follow? Go the mighty Warriors!!!
Old 17 January 12, 07:09   #61
hoboholic
Hobo strikes again!

Quote:
Hey Durgedriven and Hoboholic: Youu guys are in NSW, which NRL sides do you guys follow? Go the mighty Warriors!!!
I dont follow NRL... I used to watch it until they decided that rules dont really matter, for example in a scrum they dont even attempt to put the ball near the middle of the scrum... whats the point in having it anymore?
But if I had top choose a Rugby League team it would be the Newtown Jets (lower tier team that used to be in the NRL many years ago.)

When it comes to Football I prefer the real kind... Liverpool FC

And just so I can make this post partially on topic... GTR3 does look pretty good, really interested in seeing how the development pans out.
Old 17 January 12, 07:31   #62
NorthernUnion

The modern rugby league scrum is all about restarting play. Got to better than resetting scrum after scrum after scrum as they so in that other rugby.
Newton huh? Tommy R was one tough son of a bitch for a half back!

And also back on topic....man i can't wait for GTR3 to be released.
Old 17 January 12, 11:45   #63
DurgeDriven

Quote:
I played league with Castle Hill High and rugby for Baulkham Hills Unitied.

As a lad it was Souths all the way, Eric Simms and co.

After school years followed Parramatta through their heyday.
Best matches were catching the train to Redfern. ( Eels vs Rabbitohs )

Legend who changed the Game.
Quote:
Churchill (South Sydney Captain ) would say something and then Eric would turn and bang one over the black dot, then they'd talk a bit more and Eric would turn around and bang another one over.'

Before Simms, field goals were worth two points. If they had allowed it to continue Simms would have left the game dead on the floor, so the NSW Rugby League changed the rules and the one-point field goal was created.

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 17 January 12 at 12:03.
Old 17 January 12, 11:59   #64
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboholic View Post
I remember when I found GTR 2 in Big W one day knowing nothing about it... only that it was a racing game and the back cover looked great with the BMW brake light
Ended up getting it for Christmas in 06 which led me to NoGrip
I remember getting a 7800GTX and thinking wooo this GTR is going to smoke........and waited and waited lol

We had to get them from US they never released GTR in Oz till after GTR 2 was out.
Old 18 January 12, 03:27   #65
NorthernUnion

Quote:
I played league with Castle Hill High and rugby for Baulkham Hills Unitied.

As a lad it was Souths all the way, Eric Simms and co.

After school years followed Parramatta through their heyday.
Best matches were catching the train to Redfern. ( Eels vs Rabbitohs )

Legend who changed the Game.
Wow Eric Simms? Thats going back aways.
Old 18 January 12, 11:40   #66
triskele10

More news

http://insider.simbin.com/license-ch...ette-c6-r-gt2/
triskele10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 12, 12:12   #67
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Wow Eric Simms? Thats going back aways.
That was when I believed in Santa.

First TV around same time, I remember Bob Dyer Show, Rin Tin Tin , Lassie and off course Disneyland every Sunday night. lol

Football was what I liked to watch most and Bathurst a few years later ( still B&W)
Old 18 January 12, 12:29   #68
-=Prodrive=-
Uploader

Hmm, the fact that they are just grabbing individual licences for cars perhaps indicates that they have no actual "series" as a licence? So GTR3 will be a bit like GTR Evo?
-=Prodrive=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 12, 12:35   #69
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Prodrive=- View Post
Hmm, the fact that they are just grabbing individual licences for cars perhaps indicates that they have no actual "series" as a licence? So GTR3 will be a bit like GTR Evo?
That would be disappointing.

More disappointing if it drove like it as well .
Old 18 January 12, 12:41   #70
guritza

Quote:
That would be disappointing.

More disappointing if it drove like it as well .

Thatīs what it looks like, thatīs why iīll stick with GTR2
guritza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 12, 13:11   #71
Copyright

Quote:
It sure looks like it, along with the 'playseat' and 'raceroom' trackside ad boards make me think it will be like Evo/Race On in that regard. I actually uninstalled Evo ('cause it was sorta crap but not for the reasons everyone always mentions)
That said, if GTR3 drives like a improved version of STCC/Retro packs, that will be brilliant. The sounds and physics were in my opinion actually a step up from GTR2 and the whole Race 07 series has amazing force feedback. I hope they keep it up.

I do hope if they have to flesh out the field with individual licenses, that they make the choices better than Evo, especially the terrible cloned car skins, it's one thing to have fictional skins but at least make them believable. Retro pack once again did much better at that.

If they are doing an unlicensed series I also hope that they cherry-pick the best cars and tracks, the P4 suggests this is possible. I'd like to see the P4, a Saleen, a Lambo and an Audi R8 battle around a championship set up like a 1980s F1 season with a wide selection of exciting tracks.

If the P4 is just a Camaro cup style bonus, cool. Wonder what the have planned...
Copyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 12, 13:28   #72
-=Prodrive=-
Uploader

I'm pretty sure "Johnny XBOX" won't care one bit that they would have no actual real series or merely a "fictional" one, and as a multiplatform release, thats the market they are catering for (consoles).
-=Prodrive=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 12, 15:33   #73
gears
Donated

Quote:
I'm pretty sure "Johnny XBOX" won't care one bit that they would have no actual real series or merely a "fictional" one, and as a multiplatform release, thats the market they are catering for (consoles).
How do you know it will be multiplatform?

Quote:
There are no details offered as to whether GTR 3 will remain exclusive to the PC or if it'll be console bound too.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nnounces-gtr-3

Last edited by gears; 18 January 12 at 15:44.
Old 18 January 12, 17:56   #74
Kazumi

Quote:
yeah... little use licencing GT1 2012 or ALMS and that kind of stuff.

they can still create real-ish racing series. you can have a licence and then half the tracks are missing (Forza, GT5)

maybe add some cars they couldn't get anyway (DTM for example, maybe some formula cars like they already did in the past (well, not that they fit a GTR )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyright
I do hope if they have to flesh out the field with individual licenses, that they make the choices better than Evo, especially the terrible cloned car skins, it's one thing to have fictional skins but at least make them believable.
I agree they look fictional and some cars are just never used in any series (the weird Seat in the GT3-like series for example)

but that's just Evo... no one can say they can't do better. we have to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyright
If they are doing an unlicensed series I also hope that they cherry-pick the best cars and tracks, the P4 suggests this is possible. I'd like to see the P4, a Saleen, a Lambo and an Audi R8 battle around a championship set up like a 1980s F1 season with a wide selection of exciting tracks.

also Le Mans wouldn't be bad... maybe one of the more expensive tracks to licence. again no use to fully licence one race. but with a good selection of cars. maybe that's just me... I think endurance races like LM, sebring and so on wouldn't be bad . they can still make the events 10 laps optional...
Old 18 January 12, 18:54   #75
O-ZERO_Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi View Post
I agree they look fictional and some cars are just never used in any series (the weird Seat in the GT3-like series for example)

but that's just Evo... no one can say they can't do better. we have to see
The Seat you mean is it the Seat Cupra GT, if so it's a real racing car. Ran in Spanish GT and GT Open. But the WTCC Extreme cars are pure fiction.
O-ZERO_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 12, 19:21   #76
Kazumi

good point...

still the GT3-like series could have been more semi-fictional with better cars and paints. all WTCC and STCC tracks fit them...
Old 19 January 12, 11:08   #77
Bongomaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by triskele10 View Post
Wow, that Corvette sound sample is sweet. I may have to eat my words about the sounds not being in-game, since Jay is apparently at SimBin and says they are legit. I sure hope I was wrong!

Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up until I see gameplay footage with those kinds of sounds. If they pull this off, it will be ground-breaking.

PS. on the licencing. I really hope they don't have a racing series license, because that will draw too much of the game's focus that could better be spent mixing it up a little. I would much prefer a mix of race-able cars; modern fia gt-series, '80s formula 1, dtm, super gt, group b rally, can-am prototypes, le mans, historic racecars, but most importantly, production cars that we can relate to and tune/upgrade for racing.
Bongomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 12, 19:45   #78
jandri
Uploader

http://insider.simbin.com/wip-chevro...ette-c6-r-gt2/
jandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 12, 03:45   #79
NorthernUnion

Goods great. Looking forward to hearing the sound effects.
Old 26 January 12, 03:50   #80
gears
Donated

Quote:
Goods great. Looking forward to hearing the sound effects.
Sound effects are here:

http://insider.simbin.com/license-ch...ette-c6-r-gt2/

Scroll down to just below the youtube video. There's a small player called "track #1" with in-game sounds
Old 27 January 12, 03:26   #81
NorthernUnion

Wow thats in game sound effects? I can hardly contain myself.
Old 22 February 12, 16:54   #82
jandri
Uploader

http://insider.simbin.com/wip-pagani-zonda-r/
Old 23 February 12, 19:38   #83
pascal1973

Please give us 3D surround support......
pascal1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 12, 21:07   #84
jandri
Uploader

http://insider.simbin.com/a-little-spring-treat/
Old 7 March 12, 01:00   #85
stepy

Is it due for release this year ? hope it plays more like gtl, gtr2 than that race rubbish.
stepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 12, 03:46   #86
NorthernUnion

I rather enjoyed that race rubbish.
Old 7 March 12, 04:28   #87
Copyright

Me too, whether it was the less powerful cars, the better FFB or a combination of, I actually had lots of fun, successful races, unlike GTR2 where I can't feel the car slip away until the game decides to throw me out of the turn.
Race series (GTR Evo excepted) was much better for letting me feel my grip limits, so's rFactor 2. So I hope that GTR3 builds upon the Race/STCC series in a sense.
Copyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 12, 12:07   #88
hoboholic
Hobo strikes again!

I agree with both of the above, GTR2 wasn't exactly that great at letting me feel the car. And the AI wasn't the best either, and I race offline a lot.
"that race rubbish" has provided me with not only a lot of great championship battles with AI offline, but also with greater feel for the cars I'm driving.
Old 15 March 12, 17:39   #89
Berger R - 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepy View Post
Is it due for release this year ? hope it plays more like gtl, gtr2 than that race rubbish.
exaclty

i hope too, that game is more like GTL, GTR2,
but i fear that it will be more like race07

servus
Berger R - 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 12, 20:08   #90
stephenk24

I really hope that SImbin gets a couple of licenced series, or this game will loose tons of sales early on while people wait for mods... I still play gtr2 all the time, which I still find amazing since it's such an old game. Still the best game ever though IMO! I am sure that I will purchase it, although I worry that my pc wont handle it... And I know absolutley nothing about graphics cards and how to upgrade...
stephenk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 12, 23:40   #91
AndreiRS

GTR2 has the best interface/menus ever!
AndreiRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 12, 23:47   #92
Heidfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenk24 View Post
I really hope that SImbin gets a couple of licenced series, or this game will loose tons of sales early on while people wait for mods... I still play gtr2 all the time, which I still find amazing since it's such an old game. Still the best game ever though IMO! I am sure that I will purchase it, although I worry that my pc wont handle it... And I know absolutley nothing about graphics cards and how to upgrade...
Got to agree to a certain extent.

I bought RACE and looked forward to GTR-Evo but the lack of real championships kind of put me off it; actually went back to GTR2...in fact, I went back to GTR1 and did seasons with the AI in that. Ok the AI wasn't brilliant, but little things like the garages having the teams sponsership boardings up just made it so much more 'real' in the sense that the teams, cars, drivers and events where as close to real as we can get in-game. Racing real-livered cars in the correct championships just adds to the game.

Hopefully they've got hold of some sort of GT licence (Blancpain, GT3, GT1 etc). Fingers crossed.
Heidfeld is offline   Reply With Quote