NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GT Legends

Old 16 March 12, 13:18   #1
aspirin
Donated

Default Race Finish Messages

If I remember correctly, there is a way to get rid of those stupid messages at the end of a race. I searched this forum for 'messages' and searched the whole 'Misc. section' without any success. Is anybody out there, who could help me with that (not so important problem, I admit)?

Cheers, rainer
aspirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 12, 13:22   #2
ravenmorpheus2k
Banned

Dunno, but if you could replace them I'd replace mine with "You're crap, go get another hobby, loser!" when I finish outside the top 3, or "You're still crap, the opposition were just even worse than you!" when I win.
ravenmorpheus2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 12, 13:47   #3
gears
Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmorpheus2k View Post
Dunno, but if you could replace them I'd replace mine with "You're crap, go get another hobby, loser!" when I finish outside the top 3, or "You're still crap, the opposition were just even worse than you!" when I win.
I see you're a fan of positive reinforcement
gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 12, 15:32   #4
grojosan

You'll find the messages in GT Legends\UIData within the file game.dic. Open the file with notepad or another editor and edit the corresponding text message. Save the file and that's it. If you don't want any message at all, replace the text with an empty string (""). Most messages have a maximum length, which is documented in the file. If your message is to long, it will be cut.
grojosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 12, 11:27   #5
Pizzaman
Minifreak & Muscleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmorpheus2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grojosan View Post
You'll find the messages in GT Legends\UIData within the file game.dic. Open the file with notepad or another editor and edit the corresponding text message. Save the file and that's it. If you don't want any message at all, replace the text with an empty string (""). Most messages have a maximum length, which is documented in the file. If your message is to long, it will be cut.
Oh goody goody goody!
Pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 12, 15:43   #6
aspirin
Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by grojosan View Post
Thank you very much. It works! The empty string works, too, if you change the original English message and the message in your native language to "". Grüezi, rainer
Old 24 March 12, 02:17   #7
rainmaker62

Tried it...didn't work. Any ideas?
rainmaker62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 12, 10:05   #8
aspirin
Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker62 View Post
Tried it...didn't work. Any ideas?
Since I don't know, how to attach files to this post, I copied the text in question. The first messages are the original ones, followed by my my (German) ones. The 'no message' string did work once, but then I got the original messages again, although I deleted them

// 1st place message
"Congratulations! You just won the race!" = "Kees van Keuken strikes again" // Max36
"Fantastic! You are number one!" = "Der dicke Mann gewinnt" // Max36
"Great racing! They ate your dust" = "Les Pays-Bas! Doux points!" // Max36

// 2nd place message
"Superb! Go get em' tiger!" = "Da war einer noch besser" // Max36
"Great Driving! Next time it'll be 1st" = "Gewinnt halt 'mal ein anderer" // Max36
"That's a top drive by anyones standards" = "Hurrah! Zweiter! Grrrrr" // Max36

// 3rd place message
"Nice drive! That's a podium finish" = "Och menno! Nur Dritter!" // Max36
"Well done! You made the top three" = "Irgendwann krieg' ich Euch alle!" // Max36
"Way to hang in there! Keep that rubber burning" = "Das kommt nur vom Zusatzgewicht." // Max36

// outside 3rd message
"Bad luck! You'll get them next time" = "Ihr könnt mich 'mal!" // Max36
"Keep trying! You need to crack the top three" = "Das darf doch nicht wahr sein!" // Max36
"Don't give up! You can do it!" = "AAARRRGGHHH!" // Max36

And now, I need a massage, rainer
Old 29 March 12, 06:04   #9
Tkrau

"They let you on the track?!?"

"You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny."

"OK, so here's the deal - we held a meeting to discuss just how totally pathetic your driving is. And it is. And we felt sorry for you. So we decided that even you deserve one win, and this is it. Enjoy. And know that the rest of us never got out of 2nd gear."
Tkrau is offline   Reply With Quote