Originally Posted by scottydog
Is there any reason why a specific wav file wouldn't play the sound ingame?
Trying to make my own sound mod for the 787b, but there is no ingame sound even though the wavs and all file paths in the aud file are ok...
Need more details mate, that's really stripped of info.
In anycase, try the following in an atempt to diagnosis the problem:
1) Bitrate and sample rate of the .WAV ?
(should be 16-bit, and 22.050Hz, 44.100Hz or 48.000Hz - last one is better)
2) Is the volume in that specific .WAV sample high enough to be listened in game togheter with other engine samples and sound effects?
(try adjusting the slider in the Audio options of the game, i.e, if it's an engine .WAV sample and just for a test try to decrease the volume sliders for the other sounds/effects. If still not working, try next to raise the volume in the specific .WAV sample)
3) In the .AUD file, is the path for that specific .WAV file really OK ?
(watch for spacing, spelling and/or weird/wrong characters; small things as these pass unnoticed many times)
4) If it's an engine sound sample, and still in the .AUD file, is the MinimimRPM and MaximumRPM for that sample within the values that it was supposed to be listened?
(make sure that it also has no characters typed by accident, that might break the parameter string)
5) ...and the pitch, is the NaturalRPM with correct values and/or making any effect?
(again, make sure that it also has no characters typed by accident, that might break the parameter string)
6) Is the .AUD file name matching the respective line pointed out in the .CAR file of the vehicle you're trying to make sounds for?
(if not, correct that and restart game)
There might be other small situations that are caused by simple and common human error (files not in place, silent gaps in the specific sample, etc, etc) but I can't recall more atm.