NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > The Site > Site help and suggestions

Old 27 March 12, 02:54   #1
jgf

Default download issue

I downloaded the D Jag for GTL, when it finished I tried to d/l the Testarossa but instead get "Sorry, non premium members can only download 1 file at a time." I cleared the cache, same result. Visited a couple of other sites and came back, no help. Shut down Firefox, returned a few minutes later - still getting that message.
jgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 12, 00:19   #2
Skython

I'm having the same problem. I know this is almost 2 months later, but if you read this did you ever sort it out? I just downloaded a 512 kb update for Brands Hatch (for GTL) and then when I went to download Oran Park... It won't let me, same with all other files... I haven't gone over my limit either, as the timer was just reset. It resets at midday NZ time (20 minutes ago).
Skython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 12, 00:51   #3
jgf

This is still occurring. I just d/l'd a small (8meg) file, when it finished I tried another d/l only to be told I can only download one file at a time.
Old 7 June 12, 14:37   #4
SimDriver

Hey everyone at NoGripRacing im new here but i just waned to download the Toyota AE86 for GTR Evo but when you click chrome allways asks you where you want to save it but i clicked cancel to check something else fast and now it says that i have gone over my 100mb limit while i didnt even download something
SimDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 12, 05:33   #5
DoubleT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimDriver View Post
Hey everyone at NoGripRacing im new here but i just waned to download the Toyota AE86 for GTR Evo but when you click chrome allways asks you where you want to save it but i clicked cancel to check something else fast and now it says that i have gone over my 100mb limit while i didnt even download something
Same here....
Only I had not even started the download.
I realize that I'd already had the file I was about to download and never clicked the download button.
On my next try at a download, it stated that I only had the remainder...minus the size of the first file, even though that file was never downloaded.
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 12, 23:25   #6
jgf

"Sorry, non premium members can only download 1 file at a time."

Still occurring. I am not downloading anything, from this site or anywhere else, right now, but when I click the download button all I get is that message.
Old 1 August 12, 23:30   #7
Veloce
Administrator

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=292225

Quote:
I'm not downloading anything and I still get the message "Sorry, non premium members can only download 1 file at a time."?
Sometimes(rarely) the download script doesn't catch when your download finishes, and that results in this false positive. To counteract this, we have a checking system that runs every 15 minutes and fixes any stuck accounts which have been that way for 1 hour, so you just need a little patience and it fixes itself.
Veloce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 12, 02:10   #8
jgf

I cannot download the "Bundy Beach" track for rfactor. I've not downloaded anything today, and no red notice appears on the download page, but when I click the download button I get a message that I've exceeded my quota.
Old 28 August 12, 03:07   #9
roadrunner1954

http://205.196.122.248/t95y68v3kfog/...dyBeach_V3.rar
roadrunner1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 12, 03:46   #10
jgf

Thank you! Downloading now.
Old 28 August 12, 14:50   #11
Veloce
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgf View Post
I cannot download the "Bundy Beach" track for rfactor. I've not downloaded anything today, and no red notice appears on the download page, but when I click the download button I get a message that I've exceeded my quota.

so why is it when I go check in the database it shows you have downloaded that track today, and in fact the download finished 4 minutes before you made this post?

userid 1779 = http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/member.php?u=1779

filenr 36359 = http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36359

dtime 1346119561 (standard linux timestamp, created when the download completes and creates the database entry) = Tue, 28 Aug 2012 02:06:01 GMT
I am on GMT + 1 and the forum shows your post was created @ 03.10

since the only way that database entry can be made is by you initiating a download ... I have to ask what the hell is going on here , do you have some browser addon which tries to prefetch every link on a webpage is is intiating the download without you ever knowing / seeing it ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jgf1.jpg (96.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 20 October 12, 08:20   #12
jgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloce View Post
so why is it ...
Sorry, didn't see this til today. Have no idea what happened then, but no file was downloaded.

Had a different problem today. Waited 24 hours to d/l Bremgarten for rfactor (after d/ling it for GTR2), but all I got was an html file! Tried again and was told I'd used 100meg of my 100meg quota. So I wait til 8PM to try again. Hopefully I'll get more than an html file this time.

Am using Firefox in Vista; have a d/l manager (DTA) but do not use it at this site (it's used to queue d/ls so they can run in the background, but that doesn't work here).
Old 22 October 12, 01:15   #13
jgf

I just downloaded an 11meg file, then tried to d/l Bremgarten for GTL. All I got was an html file in my d/l folder, opening that shows:

Home
Downloadsv
Forum
Hotlapsv
Photosv
Videosv
Helpv
Donate
NoGripRacing.com
User Controls
Welcome jgf
Private Messages
Unread 0, Total 97

My Profile
My Files
My Photos
My Videos

Log Out
Nogripracing On Facebook
Support NoGrip
Please support NoGripRacing, our monthly server bill is $595

Donate

Donated this month: $255

Downloads Error
Daily Download Quota Exceeded.
Copyright 2003-2012 NoGripRacing.com Sitemap

I try to d/l the track again and am told I've used my quota for the day! So my quota is an 11meg file and an 8k html?! Something seriously amiss here.
Old 22 October 12, 12:17   #14
Merlin0859

I too had a very similar problem! I tried to download the new version of the Sgt500 mod for GTR2. My browser said the download was finished and I thought it was a little too fast. Checked the file and it was 8k not the 200some mb I thought it would be! No problem for me I'll just try tomorrow(knew it would take a couple days to get the mod anyway). When I saw the thread I just thought I'd mention it!
Merlin0859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 12, 12:25   #15
Veloce
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin0859 View Post
IChecked the file and it was 8k not the 200some mb I thought it would be!
usually that means it was an error page NOT the actual file, try opening those with notepad or your browser to see what it says
Old 22 October 12, 13:12   #16
Merlin0859

It's no problem either way. I was not at my main computer when it happened so that machine may have goofed something up! Goodness knows I wouldn't have! Haha! I'll just try tomorrow and see about it. If it does it again then I'll know there's an issue. I can live a whole day without the mod I'm sure! But thanks for the response anyhoo!
Merlin0859 is offline   Reply With Quote