NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GT Legends > GTL Multiplayer

Old 21 March 12, 23:08   #301
Nappe1
Uploader

Thanks JJC. Can you edit the Matra's opening post to have link to race invitation for Sepang? Would help following things a bit.
Nappe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 12, 23:10   #302
JJC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappe1 View Post
Thanks JJC. Can you edit the Matra's opening post to have link to race invitation for Sepang? Would help following things a bit.
I don't have that power here
(but would be happy to have it boss )
JJC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 12, 23:48   #303
JJC1

Server's up
Track:

> Shanghai International Circuit

Let me know how many laps
Old 22 March 12, 00:03   #304
rookiedaz
Mr. Buggerit

Blimey, you're right on the case with the server setup Lav, nice going fella, and many thanks for the results page also.
rookiedaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 10:26   #305
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJC1 View Post
Server's up
Track:

> Shanghai International Circuit

Let me know how many laps
Let it stay in 28 laps for now. There's 3 weeks before next race, so quite few things might happen before that. I'll keep you posted from possible car updates, etc.

IF I am still in charge, the race invitation will be published on thursday 5th of April.

My race report / blog update will be coming tonight.
Old 22 March 12, 10:42   #306
Cale

- Standings > click
Cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 14:50   #307
seniordan

Still so much to learn....

I have been into sim racing for some time now (started GPL back in 1998) but I have to admit thereīs still one or two tricks of the trade to be learnt.
The opening stages of the race were quite entertaining, circulating somewhere around 14th to 16th position, holding the opposition off, passing, trying to outbrake someone, sliding wide or just going round with that big grinn we all recognize so well.
But then come the pitstops. I had decided lap 14 would be a quite appropriate moment to dash into the pit to have things done that should be done during pitstops. Emphasis on the word "should"
However somewhat distracted by a number of cars that seriously intended to rob me of my position, I suddenly found myself past the pitlane entrance in lap 15 with an alarmingly flashing red light in the fuel gauge !
Had to slow down to reach the pits and consequently lost the minimal gap I had on the competition but luckily reached save habour. I read somewhere that it is recommended to at least practice one pitstop on any track just to be sure you know where to stop etc. But hey what can go wrong when youīve been into simracing the for such a long time ? Well quite a few things really. As I hadnīt practiced this particular exercise here, it took me I think five times reversing out off theĻpitlane and re-entering hoping that my sleeping/dead mechanic would jump back to life again.
Also, if you decide that itīs just fuel that you need, itīs wise to give all the other options a no. Right , I forgot that too. All in all it cost me about two laps on ,mind you, the last car on the grid. Needless to say I feel like and I admit

Isnīt this a shame for my teamie Petemate who has done such a great job so far. P&D are in desperate need of some extra points after two races already !

Oh dear, Oh dear, oh dear

Yet, I had great fun last night, wouldnīt have missed it for the world and thanks especially Nappe for taking over things and thanking the rest of the pack for great racing.

Cheers, (Senior) Dan
seniordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 15:25   #308
bluemaz

I haven't seen the replay yet, however i'm pretty sure i crashed into the car in front of me (Rob69 ??) at turn 5, i think that he had to suddenly brake to avoid a car which had spun. Whoever i bothered as a consequence of this, please accept my apologies.

As for the rest of the race and quali session... bufff, i spent hours strugglin' with the Alfa. I tried severals settings and lines, but none of them allowed me to bring my laptimes closer to other Alfa drivers ones. Starting from the back of the grid gained some positions trying to survive the first chaos laps. Soon after race status normalized, fell again to the back group due to my poor pace, my only target was finish the race. At lap 14 did my first refueling attempt, but as it was my first race at Sepang, i wasn't able to find the pit entrance 'cause i hadn't practice it before!
Came back to track and tried to save fuel in order to make a second attempt which resulted partly successful, as i ran out of fuel a few meters away of my pit crew

Despite feeling that i'm getting nowhere with this little italian, i won't give up!!

Last edited by bluemaz; 22 March 12 at 15:35.
bluemaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 15:39   #309
senyorlobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemaz View Post
Despite feeling that i'm getting nowhere with this little italian, i won't give up!!
Non ti preocupare compagno di squadra. Presto i buoni risultati arriverano e il tuo piccolo alfa italiano volera per i circuiti di formula 1

Jose (senyorlobo)
senyorlobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 15:55   #310
bluemaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by senyorlobo View Post
Non ti preocupare compagno di squadra. Presto i buoni risultati arriverano e il tuo piccolo alfa italiano volera per i circuiti di formula 1

Jose (senyorlobo)
あなたは非常に楽観的ですが 、私は私ができることはすべてやる約束します!
Old 22 March 12, 16:00   #311
Geoffers

Not too bad a race for me, managed what I considered to be first non-alien .

Start was terrible, Mini isn't the fastest off the line & the long run to T1 meant I dropped from 12th on the grid to somewhere in the 20s before T1 . Had a clear run into T1 so recovered a few places on the brakes & survived the understandable door bashing in the first two tight corners. However all hell broke loose at T4, the Alfa on my left appearing to completely miss his braking point & ploughing into the BMW ahead which sent him careering through the pack .

Threaded my way through the carnage & was now back upto 12th. Battled with Jotapu, Yavvedo & Petemate for a few laps & when that had sorted itself out circulated about 8th until my pitstop. Decided not to change tyres which turned out to be a mistake as for the last 10 laps I was 2-3s a lap slower than earlier in the race. Was upto 6th after all the stops were completed but had to drive as hard as the car would let me over the last few laps as Petemate & Zsoca were closing in. Luckily the race finished before they caught me .

Congrats to Cale, Daz & John.

3 weeks until the next race !
Geoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 16:09   #312
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniordan View Post
But then come the pitstops. I had decided lap 14 would be a quite appropriate moment to dash into the pit to have things done that should be done during pitstops. Emphasis on the word "should"
However somewhat distracted by a number of cars that seriously intended to rob me of my position, I suddenly found myself past the pitlane entrance in lap 15 with an alarmingly flashing red light in the fuel gauge !
Had to slow down to reach the pits and consequently lost the minimal gap I had on the competition but luckily reached save habour. I read somewhere that it is recommended to at least practice one pitstop on any track just to be sure you know where to stop etc. But hey what can go wrong when youīve been into simracing the for such a long time ? Well quite a few things really. As I hadnīt practiced this particular exercise here, it took me I think five times reversing out off theĻpitlane and re-entering hoping that my sleeping/dead mechanic would jump back to life again.
Also, if you decide that itīs just fuel that you need, itīs wise to give all the other options a no. Right , I forgot that too. All in all it cost me about two laps on ,mind you, the last car on the grid. Needless to say I feel like and I admit

Quote:
At lap 14 did my first refueling attempt, but as it was my first race at Sepang, i wasn't able to find the pit entrance 'cause i hadn't practice it before!
Came back to track and tried to save fuel in order to make a second attempt which resulted partly successful, as i ran out of fuel a few meters away of my pit crew
http://sefi.dyndns.org/~nappe1/NG-F1...uide-lined.txt

Once again, I pasted this link to this thread earlier FOR A REASON. Now you two paid the price not reading it. (Or if you read it, then you just did not paid any attention to it.)

Let's look some history from Sepang, shall we?
2008: http://sefi.dyndns.org/~nappe1/NG-F1VC/round02_s.png
  • Mogget -> Out of fuel due not practicing pit stop.
  • Jevgen -> Out of fuel due autopitter and non working pitcrew.
  • Fillneuve -> Out of fuel due not watching laps.

2009: http://sefi.dyndns.org/~nappe1/NG-F1...Bremgarten.txt
Just take a look of DIV2 results list, do I need to say more?
Code:
18   22  Kettiyama                Lotus Ford Cortina       2    Out of fuel
20   24  cap7                     Mini Cooper S 1275       1    Out of fuel
24   28  GVRC Paolo               Alfa Romeo GTA           1    Out of fuel
25   29  Martin Palic             Lotus Ford Cortina       1    Out of fuel
2010: http://sefi.dyndns.org/~nappe1/NG-F1...nds_sepang-gp/
...Sepang being 3rd race of the season reduced this, but nevertheless, Epicname still ran out of fuel.

2011: Not a single documented out of fuel problems, but plenty of DNF's which did not write race reports so I expect few hiding in there.

It has been always hard to new comers to pit... I have never understood exactly what makes it so tedious task to practice it before races, but Sepang being second race and having not so obvious pit entrace, seems to collect quite few of these.

The doc I linked, has some other annoying things covered and tells also how to try to avoid them.
Old 22 March 12, 16:42   #313
Malcolm Reynolds
Donated

Quote:
i ran out of fuel a few meters away of my pit crew
Hate to brake it to you at this stage - but once you're in the pit lane, you can get a virtual push from your pit crew - simply by keeping your foot on the gas pedal
That is a strange pit lane though, I practiced it a few times and still nearly missed it.
Malcolm Reynolds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 17:58   #314
wilb47
Donated

having just looked at the replay i wish to apologise for causing the crash i thought i had given enough room before coming across, agian guys i am so sorry
wilb47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 18:02   #315
wilb47
Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by stophel1992 View Post
Hi Guys not the Best race i am a litlle bit angry
crashed in my side at the 4. Corner not the problem but keep me a the gras again not so big problem but i have not so good grip and than he try to move inside again and i have no place i AM on the curb then he spins and i feel like in a demolition derby but ok next race please !!!!
i am so sorry thought i gave you enough room clearly not

Last edited by wilb47; 23 March 12 at 15:10.
wilb47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 19:14   #316
JJC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynolds View Post
Hate to brake it to you at this stage - but once you're in the pit lane, you can get a virtual push from your pit crew - simply by keeping your foot on the gas pedal
I found recently that you also need Autoclutch enabled (F2) and to be in gear
Old 22 March 12, 19:41   #317
seniordan

Nappe, Thanks for sharing the info with us again.

From now on for me you shall be:

THE WISE AND RESPECTED RACE MASTER

Cheers, Dan
seniordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 19:46   #318
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:

Cheers, Dan

we'll see how long it takes me to destroy that with my classic Race Rage Seizures.

Anyways, I truly hope that Matra is okay. Any of the GVRC guys have more info what has happened?
Old 22 March 12, 19:50   #319
KDiesel

After Melbourne disaster, finally get some action with Merc and it was combined fun&fear. I take quite good start and gained couple places, but tappinī cap and myself out in hairpin and dropped 15th. We have great battle 6 laps or so but that ruined my tires and he passed me. Pit stop with Merc took ages (120L + tyre change), but god dammit it was fun!!!! I canīt wait for next race....

Kimi

P.S This must be stupiest race report eva Whereīs replay btw...
KDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 21:56   #320
rookiedaz
Mr. Buggerit

http://downloads.gamers-crib.com/Sim...n%205/Replays/

Try here Kimi.....JJC posted a link in double quick time last night!

Race report....well, fiddled around with the gearing a bit in quali to find some more pace and ended up on the 2nd row. Was satisfied enough with that, but was also realistic enough to know that getting anywhere near Cale in his 911 was going to be hard work. given that he had got deep into the 21s....

Luckily, for once, he made a total horlicks of the start, and I jumped Cap and Jotapu off the line, passed Cale 200 yards later, going into turn 1 in 3rd. Was pressing John closely over the lap, but got unsighted slightly on a turn in point late on lap 1, hit the kerb too hard and nearly spun it, and it let Cale through. Had a grandstand seat as he attacked John hard, eventually forcing his way through in turn 4, John obliged to run wide so I sneaked by also.

Cale then had a go at DC, but nearly lost it into the hairpin, I inherited 2nd, but then spun in front of John at turn 2 about 4 laps later. Kept a watching brief on the battle up ahead, and overtook as first John and DC, then a few laps later Cale all pitted.

Had already been trying to save the tires for a few laps, knowing I didn't want to change. I had kind of worked on that being the only way to challenge Cale in any way, but he was too fast on the laps after pitting for my old tires, I came out after the stop only 4.8 down, ended the race about 20 seconds down, ah well, gave John food for thought at least....

I've watched the replay of lap 1, that is proper carnage! As an impartial observer, I would just make the point that it seems not many people in the pack were giving each other racing room at times there, not only is it a long race, but it's a large grid, and I'd have thought there was enough experience out there to get us all in the race for longer than 1 lap. Fingers crossed it's the only time this year it happens......although there are several terrible turn 1s coming up, and China is most definitely on that list....
Old 23 March 12, 06:51   #321
Cale

Race Report

Qualifying
Good quali. The difference to Melbourne was quite dramatic as the track seemed very well suited to the 911. I was only a tenth away from my last years time in the Kadett, which was very surprising. And I do feel I could have gone quicker if needed. Especially on the first sector.

Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiedaz View Post
Luckily, for once, he made a total horlicks of the start,.. Had a grandstand seat as he attacked John hard, eventually forcing his way through in turn 4, John obliged to run wide ...

Cale then had a go at DC, but nearly lost it into the hairpin...
Daz there very succesfully listed just about everything that went wrong with my race.

Got massive wheelspin on the start when shifting to second. Lost some places there. Then passing John... not very smooth. Trying to pass DC... overshoot the braking a bit and then it was all about the Porsche effect - trying to throw a hammer with the handle first - spun and dropped back to 4th. Luckily we had enough of a gap before Cap and Kimi so I didn't fall that far down the order.

At that point I was slightly worried about my chances of a podium finish. I might have enough pace to run down the leaders but passing wasn't going to be easy. And that's what I needed to do if they were pitting later than me. Thought about pitting early so I would have clear track and do the pass that way, but looking at the gaps behind, I would have been in heavy traffic when I came out from the pits.

First relief came when Daz spun on lap 8. Then I was able to close the gap to John and DC. They were sliding a lot so a tire change looked inevitable for them. I decided to take it easy and just cruise, not trying anything silly like before. (Sidenote: That KGC looks really great from behind! Especially the brake lights! )

Come lap 14, DC and John both went to the pits for some fresh rubber. In the process of cruising I had saved enough fuel to make an extra lap on the first stint. When I came out of the pits in front of Daz the race was pretty much in the bag if there were no problems.

Great race for me but I'm not too happy about the situation with the cars. With all my mistakes I was still nearly 20 seconds in front at the finish. I think I'll give it a couple of more races and if it still looks like this, maybe I have let the 911 go. The car is great, but maybe a bit too great.

Grats to Daz and John for the podium and big thanks to Nappe for taking over the organizing!

Hope everything is OK with Matra.
Old 23 March 12, 07:50   #322
bluemaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynolds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJC1 View Post
I found recently that you also need Autoclutch enabled (F2) and to be in gear
I knew that this option was enabled in my .PLR file, but i didn't know how to finish the trick many thanks to you both for this useful info

Quote:

I totally agree with you man
Old 23 March 12, 10:16   #323
Aramid
Heinz Melkus + RS 1000

afaik autoclutch is not necessary
Aramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 12, 10:22   #324
johnw

Very much a race of race of two halves here. First half was great fun, lots of action & spent most of the time looking in the mirror while at the same time trying to stay with DC. Leapfrogged DC in the pits and saw that I was about 17 seconds behind Daz. Thought I would at least be able to get close, given the fresh rubber but it wasn't to be. Cale got even further away and I was only able to reduce the gap to Daz by a few seconds before the finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale View Post
Great race for me but I'm not too happy about the situation with the cars. With all my mistakes I was still nearly 20 seconds in front at the finish. I think I'll give it a couple of more races and if it still looks like this, maybe I have let the 911 go. The car is great, but maybe a bit too great.
Tough one to call, it could have just been a great track for the 911. If you think that at Melbourne I was only a few seconds behind at the end, but didn't have to change tyres there. Also, you might find that you'll have some competition now that Daz has got a handle on his tyres! Next time I might just try holding you up for the entire race, rather than just half of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale View Post
(Sidenote: That KGC looks really great from behind! Especially the brake lights! )
It's a shame we're not using team skins again, this is the one Cap did for me. Thanks Cap

Last edited by johnw; 23 March 12 at 10:33.
johnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 12, 11:22   #325
Cale

Thumbs up

Sweet!
Old 23 March 12, 12:34   #326
Nappe1
Uploader

Guys, wait until you see my unofficial alternative score tables after china. It's rather interesting. Especially Manufacturer's championship. Nissan of course has taken some lead... almost as much as Porsche is behind the mid pack and Ford being completely underdog with single driver, but other than that, It is really tightly packed up.

The two sub classes (over and below 2000cc) are for just plain statictics, but still fun to look in to.

EDIT: and blog update comes today.

Last edited by Nappe1; 23 March 12 at 13:00.
Old 23 March 12, 13:01   #327
ravenmorpheus2k
Banned

Please could you change my team name to Morpheus Racing in the standings and any other data.

Mogget has abandoned me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
It's a shame we're not using team skins again, this is the one Cap did for me. Thanks Cap

Nice. I do like Caps skins, especially as he gives that extra bit of shine by rendering them - wish I could get my head around doing that...

Given there are only 2 skins for the KGC110 I think it might be a good idea to have personal skins in use - I noticed there were two black ones on Wednesdy, Cap and whoever else was in the KGC110.

This was the case last season when each car had all it's default skins used up - for example I ran the Batmobile Pantera because Cosworth was using the stock #86 Pantera skin.

I'm sure we're all capable of downloading a couple of extra skins.

Last edited by ravenmorpheus2k; 23 March 12 at 13:14.
ravenmorpheus2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 12, 15:07   #328
Nappe1
Uploader

Couldn't wait three weeks , I fixed the system so that It will show now all the scores, but automatically drop two worst scores out after next race.

Here's your unofficial score tables, after Sepang:

http://maailmantuska.mooo.com/~nappe...lt_scoring.txt

P.S. I was wrong about the Porsche being a lot behind.... Yet, the places 2-4 are very close each other.
Old 23 March 12, 15:17   #329
johnw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmorpheus2k View Post
Given there are only 2 skins for the KGC110 I think it might be a good idea to have personal skins in use - I noticed there were two black ones on Wednesdy, Cap and whoever else was in the KGC110.

This was the case last season when each car had all it's default skins used up - for example I ran the Batmobile Pantera because Cosworth was using the stock #86 Pantera skin.

I'm sure we're all capable of downloading a couple of extra skins.

I'd love to, but wouldn't want 30+ people to download a skin just to satisfy my vanity Best to leave the decision to Matra/Nappe... hopefully a couple more KGC drivers will join
johnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 12, 21:56   #330
rookiedaz
Mr. Buggerit

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
Also, you might find that you'll have some competition now that Daz has got a handle on his tyres!
Steady on now! Not sure that the Skyline has the out and out pace needed to really push Cale in the 911, but it'll certainly be interesting to see how the different circuits play out in amongst the different cars for sure. And I do seem to have found a bit in the setup between Melbourne and Sepang, so for sure I'll be trying to put you and Cap on the back foot John......
Old 24 March 12, 05:44   #331
JaY130R

There is a specific Castrol BMW skin I would love to use as well
JaY130R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 12, 15:55   #332
toergisch

Would like to paint and use custom skins for Matra and me, too!
toergisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 12, 23:38   #333
rookiedaz
Mr. Buggerit

So has anyone got any news on the whereabouts/state of health/state of mind of our old friend Ernst/Matra-Rancho? Getting a bit concerned that something untoward has happened to him, I dearly hope I am wrong in that assumption....

On a further note, just tried Shanghai for the first time in a year, what a pile of dung this track really is, I'd nearly forgotten....
Old 25 March 12, 07:22   #334
Nappe1
Uploader

Still nothing from Matra...
He has not visitted here since thursday 15th...
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/member.php?u=3626

I really wonder what has happened...

As there is quite lot interest making personal skins, I will announce later on deadline when they need to be submitted. There will be a test race, probably week before Shanghai, where the new skins are tested and all new skin users need to be attend. Otherwise particular skin won't be accepted.

Accepted skins will be put in single skin pack to make downloads easier.

And as Matra being still away, reading race invitations becomes really important, as I can't edit the Matra's posts to reflect download changes.
Old 25 March 12, 14:38   #335
JaY130R

Shanghai is not my favourite, battling with the beemer.
Old 25 March 12, 14:49   #336
ravenmorpheus2k
Banned

Quote:
Still nothing from Matra...
He has not visitted here since thursday 15th...
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/member.php?u=3626

I really wonder what has happened...

As there is quite lot interest making personal skins, I will announce later on deadline when they need to be submitted. There will be a test race, probably week before Shanghai, where the new skins are tested and all new skin users need to be attend. Otherwise particular skin won't be accepted.

Accepted skins will be put in single skin pack to make downloads easier.

And as Matra being still away, reading race invitations becomes really important, as I can't edit the Matra's posts to reflect download changes.
Just a small note on the personal skins thing - I know I kicked this off by suggesting the KGC110 drivers should use a skin each, preferably a different one each, as there are only 2 skins...

...but I didn't mean for everyone, just what we did last year - that those cars with more drivers than skins get more skins one way or another.

But if everyone is to be allowed personal skins I have a "classic" skin I'd like to use on the 911S, if I can find a template for it...

I wonder what has happened to Matra though?
Old 25 March 12, 15:50   #337
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmorpheus2k View Post
Just a small note on the personal skins thing - I know I kicked this off by suggesting the KGC110 drivers should use a skin each, preferably a different one each, as there are only 2 skins...

...but I didn't mean for everyone, just what we did last year - that those cars with more drivers than skins get more skins one way or another.

But if everyone is to be allowed personal skins I have a "classic" skin I'd like to use on the 911S, if I can find a template for it...

I wonder what has happened to Matra though?
It does not matter how many skins I need to add to skinpack, If I have to do it in any.

However, I am not willing to start fixing peoples skins, so What I want to see is complete working standalone skins (means packed correctly as any quality skin you can now download), which have everything needed in place. If something is missing, I will inform the submitter and unless he delivers fixed version before deadline, skin will not be added.

If there's problem in test race (or skin owner does not show up in the race), those skins are removed from final skinpack and they are not allowed to be used.

So, this is merely ment for the guys knowing what they do.
Old 25 March 12, 15:55   #338
ravenmorpheus2k
Banned

Quote:
It does not matter how many skins I need to add to skinpack, If I have to do it in any.

However, I am not willing to start fixing peoples skins, so What I want to see is complete working standalone skins (means packed correctly as any quality skin you can now download), which have everything needed in place. If something is missing, I will inform the submitter and unless he delivers fixed version before deadline, skin will not be added.

If there's problem in test race (or skin owner does not show up in the race), those skins are removed from final skinpack and they are not allowed to be used.

So, this is merely ment for the guys knowing what they do.
Well in that case I'll add a 911S skin to use. It's a "classic".

Don't worry I know what I'm doing, as I'm sure you know.
Old 25 March 12, 19:32   #339
rookiedaz
Mr. Buggerit

I'm quite happy with the skin on the Skyline, but is there any possibilty of making it a bit louder?.......
Old 25 March 12, 20:10   #340
Geoffers

Not bothered about what my Mini looks like, now if someone could make it go faster I would be interested .
Old 26 March 12, 08:38   #341
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
Not bothered about what my Mini looks like, now if someone could make it go faster I would be interested .
maybe you are missing "Go Fast" -stripes.
Old 26 March 12, 09:49   #342
Geoffers

Quote:
maybe you are missing "Go Fast" -stripes.
Mine has a couple on the bonnet!
Old 26 March 12, 12:27   #343
Malcolm Reynolds
Donated

Go faster stripes are all well and good, but some of us (names withheld for legal reasons) could do with some go slower stripes - painted backwards maybe
Malcolm Reynolds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 12, 14:37   #344
Nappe1
Uploader

NOTICE!
Submit deadline for personal skins is 2nd of April, 2012.

Send them zipped to email address: lasse(dot)karkkainen(at)gmail(dot)com and use "F1 Venue 2012 Skin: <driver name>" as subject. If both of your team members have personal skins, you can also zip both team members skins to same package.

Notes about making skins:
DO NOT USE already existing skin number, but create new one. So, no already in series existing skin replacement. All skins will be checked for possible physics cheats and if any found without good explanation, will cause skin not qualify and also a next race automatic DQ. (so be careful when editing .car file. best idea is just change the needed lines to make it as new skin.)

Test race will be 4th of April. Race will be small sprint race on track which is announced later, so it won't prevent having WNR race in same evening.
Old 27 March 12, 16:10   #345
JaY130R

I would like to use this skin which is already available in the Downloads section:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=29678

not sure if I need to email Nappe??
Old 28 March 12, 08:38   #346
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaY130R View Post
I would like to use this skin which is already available in the Downloads section:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=29678

not sure if I need to email Nappe??

I will add that to test skinpack.
Old 2 April 12, 06:24   #347
Nappe1
Uploader

Today is last day to submit skins...

I have so far received following player skins:
- JaY130R
- Kanadanmajava
- JohnW
- Cap7
- Mai Por
- Senyorlobo
- De Martini
- Raven Morpheus
Old 3 April 12, 06:13   #348
Nappe1
Uploader

Submitting skins has been ended.

We'll have testing night tomorrow, wednesday 4th of April. Hopefully as many as possible racers could make to race, so that we'll get eliminated all possible errors.

NOTICE summertime and different race time due WNR having race later evening. BST is british summer time.
Shanghai GP,
- 5 laps race,
- 25 minute qualify.
- Qualify starts 19:00 BST
- Race starts 19:25 BST (one hour before WNR race)
- Standard password: Tyrrell P34

I will arrange skinpack to JJC tonight, so he can put it up for download.
Old 3 April 12, 12:36   #349
CasparGTL

A buddy of Woz and myself, Nescafe, is working on a skin for our team. I hope it will be ready for next update.
CasparGTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 12, 12:56   #350
Nappe1
Uploader

Next update for the skins is after bahrain, when there's another 3 weeks break.

KAD Mini is really close having ver 2.0 out before test session as well. Depends how late I am able to push tonight. New version fixes all graphical bugs (thanks to Tokin and motorfx) previous ones had and thanks to motorfx, includes more skins that previous one.

The rumoured KAD Works spec 5 speed gearbox is still in works, so it won't happen before spain...