NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Files > Downloads

Old 18 September 11, 15:11   #1
System
Automated Poster

Default Pikes Peak Race07 for Race 07 / GTR Evo / Race On by av8erjm

Conversion of Pikes Peak from GTR2 to Race07 w/ permission from keni1. This is a dirt version of Pikes Peak, which in talking to people in the area still has quite a bit of dirt instead of asphalt
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 11, 15:14   #2
System
Automated Poster

Default A new version is uploaded

Version 1.0 of "Pikes Peak Race07" is uploaded. View the file details
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 11, 15:25   #3
gears
Donated

Thanks!
gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 11, 15:52   #4
CaptainAwsome

where can i find the GTR2 version?
CaptainAwsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 11, 15:56   #5
Gen660

Downloaded this, unzipped, installed to proper location. As I am setting up the game, as soon as I select hill-climb, game crashes to desktop immediately. I tried three times to try and run this track, crashed every time. Any idea's on how to make this track work? I want to try it, I loved the Pikes Peak track in Dirt.
Gen660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 11, 16:20   #6
rouven1987

I just tested it, track works fine, but it doesn't have the right setting for hillclimb. When I start a time attack, it doesn't put me to the starting grid. Instead, it's doing a running start from somewhere before. Then when i pass the starting grid, no time is kept...
rouven1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 11, 17:59   #7
Gufo_Tave

This one tend to crash...
Gufo_Tave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 11, 19:45   #8
ecikus

...question..grip on dirt? is there need for some special "specialfx.tec" file cas of dirt grip?xsector problems?
ecikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 11, 20:26   #9
ecikus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecikus View Post
...question..grip on dirt? is there need for some special "specialfx.tec" file cas of dirt grip?xsector problems?
ok its in the folder that fx file...sorry
ecikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 11, 20:31   #10
speedevil

ouuu ... I was hoping that finally someone created usable Pikes Peak (at least as it is in DiRT), but it is unfortunately just another conversion graphically disgusting and poorly working old track Pikes Peak from rFactor
speedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 11, 00:27   #11
av8erjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedevil View Post
ouuu ... I was hoping that finally someone created usable Pikes Peak (at least as it is in DiRT), but it is unfortunately just another conversion graphically disgusting and poorly working old track Pikes Peak from rFactor
Sorry your disappointed. constructive critisim, next time read the description and it will tell you what your getting or better yet consruct your own and let people say yea or nay. I know next time if ever I convert a track I may just keep it to myself. Like my Granpappy used to say" if you can't say anything nice-------
av8erjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 11, 08:19   #12
Jerz1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedevil View Post
Why don't you make it yourself? Don't complain about it so much. If you don't like it, just say it but stop whining like this. Just not fair, I think av8erjm had a lot of work with this track.

Thanks btw, it works fine and it's fun to drive
Jerz1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 11, 14:14   #13
domino1596

I love Pikes Peak, thanks
domino1596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 11, 15:01   #14
rouven1987

since you didn't say anything about my earlier post: is it possible that you could change the track into a real hillclimb version with standing start and working clock? or am I the only one with those problems? I installed it just like you told in the readme...
Old 19 September 11, 17:49   #15
Jerz1993

[QUOTE=rouven1987;1454243]since you didn't say anything about my earlier post: is it possible that you could change the track into a real hillclimb version with standing start and working clock? or am I the only one with those problems? I installed it just like you told in the readme...[/QUOTE/]

Works fine here, don't know what you did wrong, IF you did something wrong.
I have a lot of other mods as well, so don't think that's the problem, but could be that it doesn't work correctly because of any other mod? Maybe you should try to re-install the mod.

I hope it wil work, because it's a lot of fun when it works!
Old 19 September 11, 19:56   #16
speedevil

>>> Jerz1993

I acknowledge that the author had the job, but sorry, I can not pretend to enthusiasm, while author for this work not deserve praise .....
but when someone with something publicly boast, must accept the also negative feedback - if the author can not accept criticism, let them prefer with nothing to boast publicly
speedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 11, 20:58   #17
rouven1987

@Jerz1993: In which mode are you running the track? I tried it in time attack with the results i described...
Old 20 September 11, 08:31   #18
Jerz1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouven1987 View Post
@Jerz1993: In which mode are you running the track? I tried it in time attack with the results i described...
Also Time attack.
Old 20 September 11, 16:22   #19
av8erjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouven1987 View Post
sorry guy didn't mean to leave ya' hanging I never ran it in time attack so I didn't know what you where talking about and like I said before I'm new to this converting thing and I'm trying to figure it now not to put you off but I think I'm treading in 10' of water here
Old 20 September 11, 16:53   #20
av8erjm

@Rouven1987 When I run the time attack it puts me up on the back road and then when I start it says lap will not count becauseI cut the track. Is that what your getting or something else??
Old 21 September 11, 18:06   #21
Gen660

Success!! I found my problem, and yes, it was me, not your track. I had unzipped the download, and dropped the whole thing into locations folder, I didn't read instructions. When installed CORRECTLY, it works fine. Sorry for any headaches or problems. I had sent you the minidump file this morning, and I was still working solutions here. No cookie for me. Thanks again, great work!
Gen660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 11, 14:32   #22
rouven1987

@av8erjm: yes, that's exactly what i am getting... and don't get me wrong, i really appreciate your work, the track itself is great
Old 22 September 11, 14:43   #23
av8erjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen660 View Post
Success!! I found my problem, and yes, it was me, not your track. I had unzipped the download, and dropped the whole thing into locations folder, I didn't read instructions. When installed CORRECTLY, it works fine. Sorry for any headaches or problems. I had sent you the minidump file this morning, and I was still working solutions here. No cookie for me. Thanks again, great work!
Glad you got it working because I ws getting no where, hope you enjoy it
Old 22 September 11, 14:47   #24
av8erjm

@rouven1987 I'm trying different things kinda trial error but haven't stumbled on to the right thing yet.
Old 22 September 11, 15:03   #25
rouven1987

yeah, no need to hurry...it's just strange that it obviously works fine for others like Jerz1993 for example
Old 23 September 11, 10:09   #26
FerrariMan96

I'm getting a Microsoft C++ Runtime error, which I think means I've run out of RAM or something? It even occurs on lowest GFX settings though I thought this might happen on my crappy laptop

Windows Vista Home premium with 2GB RAM if it helps. Need that upgrade
FerrariMan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 11, 22:02   #27
mik37

Thank you for this.
For anyone who like the track, look at this crazy japanese drive beaten the 10 minute mark this year:
Tajima's Record Breaking Run Pikes Peak 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VAJaZAV-gQ
mik37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 11, 19:55   #28
rebelinho

does it work with gtr evolution or only with race07??

it would be nice to do this awesome hill climb in gtr evo
rebelinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 11, 17:30   #29
spampolha

In my gtr evo when i play time atack, pratice... the game back to the desktop...
spampolha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 12, 19:21   #30
QA51M

hi thanks for taking the time and effort to make this brilliant track but i cant enjoy it because i cant get it to work. im trying to run it on RACE 07 with the race injection expansion pack. it recognises it, but when i get on the track everythings black and i cant see anything apart from my brake lights. i can drive around but its like the sun blew up or something lol. any suggestions??
QA51M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 12, 22:22   #31
JimmyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8erjm View Post
@Rouven1987 When I run the time attack it puts me up on the back road and then when I start it says lap will not count becauseI cut the track. Is that what your getting or something else??
In the aiw file it should have a line
"
[TIMEATTACK]
Pos=(406.898,28.230,-215.096)
Ori=(-0.003,1.978,-0.002)
"
without the "" this goes just before the
[PITS]
TeamIndex=0
line
and POS =X,Z,Y coordinates while the ori line = pitch and yaw (I think) which changes the angles of the vehicle.
You have to use something like 3dsimed to get the x,y,z coordinates and make sure you are on the track, not cutting a corner or such (don't forget, when you put them in the time attack POS they are X,Z,Y.
I am not 100% sure of this as I have never had timeattack in files I have converted (never had the request) but it may be worth a look av8erjm.
JimmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 12, 10:52   #32
kirk wahammett

This track + Subaru Impreza = WRC
kirk wahammett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 12, 22:06   #33
BudLight

I was hoping there was a dirt track addon!javascript:emoticon('') THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!
BudLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 12, 13:05   #34
Cucco

Hey, I have a problem, when the map loads the game crash and says runtime error... Any solution?
Cucco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 12, 16:38   #35
Cucco

i've fixed all, nice track
Cucco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 12, 06:35   #36
warrior1962

bellissimo
warrior1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 12, 06:45   #37
jackolson

Thanks for the great track. Please help me resolve one problem though, TIME ATTACK, time does not start at the DEPART line. I am running the WRC cars on this track, it's amazing. Please help with the TIME ATTACK problem. Thanks.
jackolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 12, 19:10   #38
jackolson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolson View Post
Thanks for the great track. Please help me resolve one problem though, TIME ATTACK, time does not start at the DEPART line. I am running the WRC cars on this track, it's amazing. Please help with the TIME ATTACK problem. Thanks.
Help please...how to make the time start on Time Attack on this track. Thanks.
Old 26 July 12, 19:18   #39
jackolson

The track is great. I've been running several cars on it and it's okay. No crashes. But there a few concerns, maybe we can have a look into these:

1. Pikes Peak is best for Time Attack. But the timer does not start.

2. The dirt part of the track is just as fast as the tarmac part. I mean, the grip feels the same. Maybe we can have a looser feel on the dirt parts.

3. Hope the camera positions can be fixed. During replay, most of the shots are from behind something else, cannot see the actions of the cars.

Thanks and more power. It would really be great to have a very good dirt track, then maybe someone can come up with the Group B Rally cars

I play GTR Evo btw, offline.
Old 27 July 12, 17:02   #40
jackolson

Old 28 July 12, 00:52   #41
jackolson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolson View Post
Old 24 February 13, 09:50   #42
Skruffy

Quote:
Just got to test it tonight, work and everything...lol
Does exactly what yours did in the above quote...and practice mode makes you do a long straight line....guessing from the finish back through the tollgate...

did get a going the wrong way notification .... tested it to see if it did it...so that actually is working correctly...lol One of the things several other tracks miss.

It's still pretty cool track, but the hillclimb functionallity, isn't quite right yet.
thanks again, and i'll see if i can find anything different in the other hillclimbs that maybe solves, and let you know.
best wishes and thanks for all the work you've done and...i still think it's a cool track, just so you know.
Skruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 13, 10:16   #43
Skruffy

OK check and compared ...found one thing on thwo Woking Hillclimb tracks thast's different than this one...
so far...lol

Time Attack is set to start at startline for the 2 that work...Pike's starts at the finish line...from what i'm reading and seeing ingame.

Can't say that'd help...but it is maybe one of the things would have to be adjusted...
track builders would know better, might try asking one of them who's got it to work...

best luck and hope it helps some.
Skruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 13, 22:45   #44
DiffikultD

Quote:

sorry guy didn't mean to leave ya' hanging I never ran it in time attack so I didn't know what you where talking about and like I said before I'm new to this converting thing and I'm trying to figure it now not to put you off but I think I'm treading in 10' of water here
I've been putting off getting this mod because of the amount of bugs a lot of people seem to be experiencing. Also, because why would you not run this in Time Attack mode to test? It's Pike's Peak! That's the only way this track is run.

And a couple of screenshots would be nice.

Last edited by DiffikultD; 25 March 13 at 22:52.
DiffikultD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 13, 01:17   #45
DiffikultD

Well, I finally tried it out and, uh...I really WANT to like it, but it's far too unpolished. It's a shame the uploader didn't try to address some of the issues discussed earlier in this thread and release an update.

In addition to the Time Attack, timing, and starting postion issues (still a real head scratcher), there are many graphical issues to be dealt with - sky under mountains; the bottom third of the track doesn't have a single visually smooth curve.

I could put up with this track, except for one very aggravating thing. This mod includes a specialfx.tec file that overwrites an original game file.

I suppose it's no big deal, if you like random white squares appearing on your windscreen inside the cockpit, or if you want ALL of your cars to lose control on ALL of your other tracks when riding a curb at the apex. (BTW, the uploader has talked about this specialfx.tec file in other threads, but not here for some reason. Nice.)

I give it 2 stars out of 5. One for trying and one because I like Pike's Peak, but it's going in the recycle bin for now.

DiffikultD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 13, 09:04   #46
mogh
Uploader

DONT WORK CLOSE THIS TRACK LINK
mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 13, 14:56   #47
alex3000

Startup track the game crashes
alex3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 13, 21:47   #48
juan1102

At all how want a full Street Version of PikesPeak here is the link gor Download : http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1765
juan1102 is offline   Reply With Quote