NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Sector 3 Studios > GTR3

Old 2 April 12, 15:15   #151
danil89

They should include the new Koenigsegg Agera.
danil89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 12, 15:18   #152
ChrisDanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel98 View Post
A carrer mode, when we start in nacional races and start climbing to the FIA GT( with license) and better car sounds.
Some sound news: http://insider.simbin.com/tesla-road...nd-of-silence/
ChrisDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 12, 18:35   #153
ADAKAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel98 View Post
A carrer mode, when we start in nacional races and start climbing to the FIA GT( with license) and better car sounds.
AMEN to that !!!

I want a REAL carrer. When you start your own team. Maybe some sponsor (even imaginary). You buy or rent a race car in one class.

If you are good, you get offers from existing teams in the same class with better car or in higher classes.

You get invitetions for one-off starts, for example in Porsche in 24 LeMans.

You have like unlimited time to get to the top.
For wins, points, championchip titles you get cash, you buy or slightly modify your car. For example better spliter, bigger rear wing, better rubber... and so on.

And the most IMPORTATNT thing.

Simbim, pleas add from the start EDITOR FOR THE COCKPIT !!!
For example, i love when a car has a big display of gear in cockpit. Like Maseratti in GTR2 or Gillet Vertigo. But i would like to have that in my fav. Lister Storm. WHY I CANT HAVE THAT ?

make it as "unlock acivment" or ad simple editor of your cockpit. For example difrent stearing whele, different display and other switches an so on .... its a very simple thing, but adds so much fun to game play. And god damm WE SPEND most time in our virtual cockpits. We want to arange it how we only want. Period.
ADAKAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 12, 19:56   #154
jeff323

Maybe I'm somewhat alone on this one, but I just wish GTR3 will be more like GTR2. There is just something about the feel of that game that I just adore. I honestly think I may prefer it to rfactor. But, GTR Evolution and Simbin's other recent titles just don't have as good of a feel or dare I say sense of immersion that GTR2 has for me. My wish is for GTR3 to have modern day graphics but have much of the same feel as GTR2 with some added gameplay depth like a career mode which has been discussed.
jeff323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 12, 16:50   #155
IWE

KTM X-Bow (still haven't seen any proper game with this car)
IWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 12, 17:53   #156
DragonGaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff323 View Post
maybe i'm somewhat alone on this one, but i just wish gtr3 will be more like gtr2. There is just something about the feel of that game that i just adore. I honestly think i may prefer it to rfactor. But, gtr evolution and simbin's other recent titles just don't have as good of a feel or dare i say sense of immersion that gtr2 has for me. My wish is for gtr3 to have modern day graphics but have much of the same feel as gtr2 with some added gameplay depth like a career mode which has been discussed.
+1
DragonGaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 12, 22:38   #157
stinkybritches

Quote:
Maybe I'm somewhat alone on this one, but I just wish GTR3 will be more like GTR2. There is just something about the feel of that game that I just adore. I honestly think I may prefer it to rfactor. But, GTR Evolution and Simbin's other recent titles just don't have as good of a feel or dare I say sense of immersion that GTR2 has for me. My wish is for GTR3 to have modern day graphics but have much of the same feel as GTR2 with some added gameplay depth like a career mode which has been discussed.
You are not alone.
stinkybritches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 12, 06:49   #158
triskele10

Quote:
+1
triskele10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 12, 13:17   #159
Cham3leon

+1
Cham3leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 12, 13:26   #160
Berger R - 74

Quote:
maybe i'm somewhat alone on this one, but i just wish gtr3 will be more like gtr2. There is just something about the feel of that game that i just adore. I honestly think i may prefer it to rfactor. But, gtr evolution and simbin's other recent titles just don't have as good of a feel or dare i say sense of immersion that gtr2 has for me. My wish is for gtr3 to have modern day graphics but have much of the same feel as gtr2 with some added gameplay depth like a career mode which has been discussed.
+1
Berger R - 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 12, 18:08   #161
jeff323

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkybritches View Post
You are not alone.
Haha! Ok, good to know that others share my feelings. Well, I've got my fingers crossed and I REALLY hope Simbin is reading this! I have really tried to get into Race '07 and GTR EVO, but just can't...
Old 14 April 12, 23:07   #162
branefart

Quote:
+1

Also on my wishlist is for it to be out already.

*closes eyes/opens eyes, dangit!
branefart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 12, 03:27   #163
MrMopar427

<--------------
MrMopar427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 12, 11:45   #164
Sphinx666

Quote:
Well said. I think it's due to the fact that is the most complete off the shell sim. And for those that love endurance racing like myself, I think it's the one that captures that type of racing the best. And the incar sounds were the most realistic also. GTR 1 was I think the first to replicate the tranny sound I might be wrong.

Last edited by Sphinx666; 15 April 12 at 12:09.
Sphinx666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 12, 23:52   #165
GTHO_PhaseIII

Quote:
Another +1 to this!

A small suggestion I'd like to make though, is that it would be great if they could implement pit stops in practice and qualifying and have an option to run with a realistic tyre bank for the weekend. I reckon little things like that would make such an incredible difference and go a long way to making you feel like you're actually part of a team taking part in a complete race weekend!
GTHO_PhaseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 12, 01:40   #166
50ftElvis

I sure hope that SIMBIN referring to getting back to the "roots" with GTR3 definitely means it has that GTR2 driving feel. Being able to effectively use the right amount of "braking" has always been a favorite of mine, also.

I hope GTR3 is presented with a current graphical structure that can come somewhat, close to pCARS. (SMS has done the sim community a huge favor in becoming the graphical benchmark in the industry.)

I would also like to see an improved multi-player menu, as well as a solid net-code to provide more cars on track with minimal lag (someone Nitrous the internet! lol)

So, GTR3? GTR2 on graphical steroids!

50ftElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 12, 21:03   #167
jeff323

Well I'm glad to see that I am in fact not alone with my feelings that the newer Simbin titles don't feel and look quite as good as GTR2 did! Hopefully Simbin reads these forums from time to time and will take note! I just hardly ever play GTR Evo and the others because I can't get that into them, they just aren't as addicting to me. Fingers crossed! It's going to be a major let down for me if GTR3 just looks like a prettier version of Race '07 and the like.
Old 24 April 12, 14:16   #168
120hazz

AI lapping traffic fast! we need that to be fixed..
120hazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 12, 14:35   #169
gears
Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ftElvis View Post
I sure hope that SIMBIN referring to getting back to the "roots" with GTR3 definitely means it has that GTR2 driving feel. Being able to effectively use the right amount of "braking" has always been a favorite of mine, also.

I hope GTR3 is presented with a current graphical structure that can come somewhat, close to pCARS. (SMS has done the sim community a huge favor in becoming the graphical benchmark in the industry.)

I would also like to see an improved multi-player menu, as well as a solid net-code to provide more cars on track with minimal lag (someone Nitrous the internet! lol)

So, GTR3? GTR2 on graphical steroids!

It's funny, I had same idea for pCARS: GTR2-type game with pCARS graphics.

I was immediately attacked and flamed by the seniors and managers and told that an "updated GTR2" would not sell; that GTR2 was too hardcore for the masses.

So I guess it's up to SimBin to make that happen.
gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 12, 16:59   #170
Kazumi

Making a game that attracts to masses and then the masses don't care...

Fans and enthusiasts are unhappy, masses well... they simply don't care.

Happens to often... just make it as good as possible

In the end that all what one can do anyway.

Don't get me wrong I'm all in for career mode, offline challenges (driving school... updated ) and pick up online races (with matchmaking racers - racers, wreckers - wreckers) - some people want a challenge in as least time as possible. Maybe they learned from Race + Add-On and Race Pro Feedback.

It will be interesting how it compares.
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 12, 17:51   #171
zeymatis

Default thumbs up

Quote:
Put my vote down for this man as well
zeymatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 12, 18:12   #172
Kazumi

Well... even if one don't like GTR2 that much it's still a great package. That says much.

Just don't be disappointed if there are quick race or even an arcade mode as in GTR Evolution (but I doubt and if it shouldn't be the first menu point IMHO) - not everything to streamline its presentation is necessarily bad, as long as it doesn't lead to less good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHO_PhaseIII
A small suggestion I'd like to make though, is that it would be great if they could implement pit stops in practice and qualifying and have an option to run with a realistic tyre bank for the weekend. I reckon little things like that would make such an incredible difference and go a long way to making you feel like you're actually part of a team taking part in a complete race weekend!
Good point

But it depends... I remember in GT1 World 1 or 2 years some teams really needed to pet their tires due to the weight penalty ("balance of performance")

In a series where that's not so important and you get more tires per weekend that effect would diminish. AI and online also need to be adjusted to that.
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 12, 23:08   #173
AndreiRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gears View Post
It's funny, I had same idea for pCARS: GTR2-type game with pCARS graphics.

I was immediately attacked and flamed by the seniors and managers and told that an "updated GTR2" would not sell; that GTR2 was too hardcore for the masses.

So I guess it's up to SimBin to make that happen.
If that is true, it only proves what I always knew, that is going to be Shift 3. I'm missing those 25 Euros now to buy Sniper Elite V2.
AndreiRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 03:25   #174
Paul_in_DC
Uploader

Wish list... hmm, let's see...
  1. They release it before my grandchildren die of old age.
  2. It doesn't take a supercomputer to run it.
The rest is gravy.
Paul_in_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 09:28   #175
GTHO_PhaseIII

A better AI would definitely be a welcome addition for people like myself, who only race offline. Which reminded me of something else:

I'd like to see a sort of "Race engineer" mode added for when you switch over to your co-driver. In GTR 2, when you do a driver change, your camera stays in the car and the autopilot takes over. But what if your perspective was to be in the pit garages, with all the data you would normally find there; such as the positions of all the cars on the track and their lap times, as well as all the telemetry for your car. To complete this feature, you would have the ability to communicate with the AI co-pilot, issuing him with orders, etc. For example, if a safety car was to come out but you wanted to stay on track for strategy reasons, you could order him to stay out (or pit, if that's what you wanted). If you needed to save fuel to make it to your last stop, you could order him to back the pace down a little, or if you were good on fuel, order him to push on to the end. Things like that.
GTHO_PhaseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 12, 15:17   #176
gears
Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHO_PhaseIII View Post
A better AI would definitely be a welcome addition for people like myself, who only race offline. Which reminded me of something else:

I'd like to see a sort of "Race engineer" mode added for when you switch over to your co-driver. In GTR 2, when you do a driver change, your camera stays in the car and the autopilot takes over. But what if your perspective was to be in the pit garages, with all the data you would normally find there; such as the positions of all the cars on the track and their lap times, as well as all the telemetry for your car. To complete this feature, you would have the ability to communicate with the AI co-pilot, issuing him with orders, etc. For example, if a safety car was to come out but you wanted to stay on track for strategy reasons, you could order him to stay out (or pit, if that's what you wanted). If you needed to save fuel to make it to your last stop, you could order him to back the pace down a little, or if you were good on fuel, order him to push on to the end. Things like that.
Awesome idea
gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 12, 15:36   #177
renard
Hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_in_DC View Post
Wish list... hmm, let's see...
  1. They release it before my grandchildren die of old age.
  2. It doesn't take a supercomputer to run it.
The rest is gravy.
+1
renard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 12, 17:23   #178
Blackbrird99

GTR3 License –> Aquila CR1 Sports GT - http://t.co/dYNw7SKw
Blackbrird99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 12, 09:44   #179
Cham3leon

Well, Paul_in_DC is right, but if you can afford to be more ambitious than usual, there are some things all of us always wished for.

As I once said, if you give me a racing game that drives like GTR2, and stack up a load of content on it organized in a career mode similar to the one in the Gran Turismo series, I would never need another racing game ever again.
Cham3leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 12, 20:33   #180
AndreiRS

Dude, after all these licenses, I'm afraid I will never see anything that looks like a Porsche, BMW, Lamborghini or any of the most known cars on this sim...
Old 1 May 12, 16:52   #181
bentley speed 8

Well that may not matter if the game can be as moddable (or even more!) than GTR2.
One other thing I would like is the ability to port over the GTR2 addons to this game.
Hope it will be easy, so that the game will already have a quite a lot of things at the start
bentley speed 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 12, 17:52   #182
AndreiRS

Yeah but the content from GTR2, graphically speaking is like mario kart into gran turismo 5. In GTR2 we already have tons of different graphic and sound quality, it pretty weird to me, a guy overtaking me on a pretty good made car, and me on a thing that sounds like 28kbps internet online radios.
Old 3 May 12, 06:53   #183
Copyright

Working windscreen wipers.
The RACE/GTR EVO series had these and a much better looking rain effect on the windscreen. Problem was it was never heavy enough for me to actually need to turn them on.
On that topic, may I also hope for rFactor 2 style drying track? or close to it.
Copyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 12, 15:48   #184
mirrorman

Many many thing are on my wish list... but 1st them alll... are these cars (that I think, still are nor released either on Gtr2 nor on Rfactor)

The simply amazing AGERA R!!! (Either for GTR2 or for Rfactor!!)

Also for GTR2 or/and Rfactor:

The invencible.... Veyron Super Sport!

and the zeziest car on ze Planet (and on the Galaxy...)

The lovely Zenvo ST1!

and last but not least... the wildest Porche "like" mean machine ever bulit...

the 9ff GTR9!!!

As nobody yet.. has released any of these on GTR2 and on Rfactor... I consider that omission almost a true crime... unforgivable... (lol) buy all the GTR2 and Rfactor extreme afficionate (lets say... almost life dependent) guys like me!!!

I hope I can see those on GTR3, and so I will become an addict of that game.. as soon as it comes out of the shelf ...
mirrorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 12, 23:36   #185
AndreiRS

I think this 9ff car was more like a test, they already released the GTurbo 1200 which reaches 414km/h or something like that...
Old 9 May 12, 15:04   #186
mirrorman

dont know about if as a test or not... but it look great an is as fast as lightning (the GTR9)

...of course I would also include that one you ve talked about... (a true tiger on wheels...)

But,,, the GTR9 seems "sexier" lol...
mirrorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 12, 15:15   #187
Pizzaman
Minifreak & Muscleman

Wishes:
Pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 12, 08:46   #188
PierB1

Default I wanna fly!

I wish AERODYNAMICS, and particularly the WAKE EFFECTS!

I realize how hard it would be to represent such phenomenon in a realistic way, but it's also a key factor in real life, and I believe it would give sim racing a whole new dimension

Have a fast day,

Pier
PierB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 12, 03:04   #189
NorthernUnion

By wake effect are you meaning slip streaming?
NorthernUnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 12, 09:00   #190
Copyright

Since GTR2 already has slipstreaming/drafting I guess he means the turbulent air thrown back and out from behind the car, it would seem pretty useful for a 'proper' open wheel sim. Not sure how much it affects heavy touring and GTs.

Edit for post below: Whoops.

Last edited by Copyright; 14 May 12 at 11:02.
Copyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 12, 10:48   #191
PierB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernUnion View Post
By wake effect are you meaning slip streaming?
Oops, wake effect seems to belong to the aviation jargon!

I see that the right word for what I meant is drafting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draftin...erodynamics%29

It sure applies also to heavier cars (Nascar, etc), and even trucks...

Anyway I don't think it's featured in GTR2... or does it?!

Have a fast day,

Pier
PierB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 12, 17:03   #192
AndreiRS

Hehhehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYTR8jKUIaY
Old 14 May 12, 17:07   #193
LeSunTzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierB1 View Post
Oops, wake effect seems to belong to the aviation jargon!

I see that the right word for what I meant is drafting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draftin...erodynamics%29

It sure applies also to heavier cars (Nascar, etc), and even trucks...

Anyway I don't think it's featured in GTR2... or does it?!

Have a fast day,

Pier
Yes it does.
LeSunTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 12, 18:54   #194
dartguy

Yes, in GTR2 you can really use the draft to pass. But you can also feel the draft when a car comes up on your bumper. It actually pushes you faster. Try it with Champ cars at Indy Oval.
dartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 12, 21:48   #195
AndreiRS

The new to sim racing people also feels that when they need to brake hahahah.
Old 14 May 12, 23:06   #196
joao_13_pt
Banned for duplicate account

I just wish they could 'mix' some files so that 1 file in GTR3 would be the same as 2 or 3 in other sinbim games
i LOVE GTL and GTR 2 but i just get so paranoid when editing them -.- it gets really frustrating
oooh less incompatibilaties
i for example haven't got a really fast pc, so some games with low graphics have lots of problems (wich is understandable) but still it gets annoying
Sooooo....just make the most perfect game in the world...pretty please
joao_13_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 12, 03:57   #197
jeff323

My other BIG wish is PORSCHE!!!!!! I've been so upset lately that Simbin can't secure licensing from Porsche anymore! They pretty much are the industry standard of GT cars. Licensing from all the other manufacturers that run in the FIA GT classes would be nice too.
Old 15 May 12, 05:32   #198
NorthernUnion

One name people...Lamborghini!
I hope they have Lambos in GT3.
NorthernUnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 12, 19:25   #199
AndreiRS

And I hope to see porsche and lambo.
Old 5 September 12, 08:45   #200
Pete Conway

I think I be happy for...
*A better AI.
a thinking one instead of a...
"I will not move even though the blue flags are waving"
"I cannot be driven off the circuit"
"I must slow down and stay behind this back marker"
"I must steer into your path at 180 mph in the breaking zone to defend"
"I am gonna be real crap for the first few laps then be GOD"

Mates plus!
*I would like an online mode where a couple of mates can race against the field of AI, (with choice of field size)as some of us want a bit of real competition but are not in the same class as most of the 'Simmers' I see on line, (I know there are 'lesser leagues' but the 12yo's that knock you off are too prevalent there)

*A career mode as mentioned in an earlier post with the addition of 'Cash' for when you hear "You Break it... You fix it" that may help us in receiving pain for a crash...no more 'gung-ho'

* I nearly forgot...NO STEAM, I will not allow Steam to control my life and simply will not buy GTR3 or use it if presented with it for free if it needs Steam for activation...NO STEAM

*I have so far been loyal to Simbin as I own GTR, GTL, GTR2, and GTREvo/Race07... with only GTL and GTR2 now installed. 'GTR2 gets 90% of my play time'
Pete Conway is offline   Reply With Quote