NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Other PC racing games

Old 22 March 12, 17:09   #51
DreadedKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giig View Post
This is the most realistic I have seen, I have to try this game!
DreadedKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 12, 17:16   #52
Giig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedKane View Post
hey mang!

I dont know what he's doing with this or what he plans to do.. I sure hope he does go forward with is. It's a tricky demo to get with all the tracks. Love to hear what you think of it!
Giig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 12, 07:37   #53
Aernouts

Quote:
Yes you can download several tracks for it too i think all Netkar namie (or whatever its called) will work.
This was the first playable Alpha version he did release there was not even a rider model on the bike.

Look at this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Iazq...eature=related

Here the game was still in early stage
Look at graphics, animation, physics

Physics of the first playable Alpha version are 1000 times better then GPBikes is after 4 years of development.

But...... i dont think we will ever see a full version, after all he stopped working on it completly
Aernouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 12, 11:12   #54
firstRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giig View Post
I know what you mean about "impressed and disgusted" at the same time lol. Its so hard to get what you want in these 'games'...
It is. But I'm a reasonable type of guy so I try to fit the game and go looking for what it does well and have fun with that rather than the other way around. I imagine I will discover more fun that way. So I will train until I get good laps with MotoGP 10/11 and only then decide what I really think. Also I don't run cockpit view although I admit it feels more immersive on the straights and it can be fun to do corners as well but in the end I wanna see the bike and I'm less frustrated by overhead cam and I always played that way.

In MotoGP 10/11 the tuck-in feels awsome, the sense of speeed is great, engine sound is ok and the tracks look good. But sudden falling off looks like an arcade-joke from the past and you get no warning, suddenly the dude just jumpes off the bike. The bikes in the menu are by far the worst I've seen on a PS3 graphics wise. I was shocked, you can literally see the pixelsquares. And I couldn't hit one corner right, I was driving around like a drunk.

So I have some hours ahead forcing myself to adapt and learn and then we'll see. I'm gonna run Monza race in my career mode in SBK this weekend as well. I have a chance to not end last in the wet (qualified 20th) but they killed my laptimes in the dry so we'll see what happens.
firstRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 12, 21:23   #55
DreadedKane

I got a smooth lap around SBK 2011, occasionally. Once I get consistently smooth laps I will make a video for you. Been playing 2011 online this week and I'm starting to get the bug again. Even with it's shortcomings regarding simulation racing shoulder to shoulder with others from around the world is still a heck of fun!
Old 24 March 12, 14:28   #56
Giig

Quote:
I got a smooth lap around SBK 2011, occasionally. Once I get consistently smooth laps I will make a video for you. Been playing 2011 online this week and I'm starting to get the bug again. Even with it's shortcomings regarding simulation racing shoulder to shoulder with others from around the world is still a heck of fun!
Sounds like you guys are having some fun with it.. that cant be bad!

We had some awesome sessions in SBK09 online huh Kane?.. Some of the connections were amazing, with you and Europe and south America and Canada.. all smooth...

Looking forward to seeing a vid.. you still using your wheel?
Old 24 March 12, 18:32   #57
DreadedKane

Yeah the net code is still really good, I think it's the best thing about 2011. Still using the wheel, I had to get a new one because my last one stopped working properly. I can't imagine using anything other than the wheel, it gives me so much precision in the corners and for adjusting my racing line.
Old 28 March 12, 07:23   #58
firstRACER

Actually, after having a bunch of more starts tested out the best thing IS to lean forward and max throttle. Leaning renders a slight advantage over holding neutral. And the rest is simply up the bike how many horsepowers it has compared to the other racers.

I did the Monza race and I don't know if the wet test that was done successfully during first practice mattered at all but on the second practice i clocked the fastest lap. Well that didn't help me since I had qualified 20th (and was reasonably happy with that). Ended race in 21st.

I felt like "What? What did I do? 1st?". Maybe the lap was just simply alot better and margins are small.
Old 28 March 12, 08:25   #59
DreadedKane

I did a ten lap race in championship mode and set up my bike for qualifying because I thought there was a qualifying round. Turns out there wasn't and I had to race on qualifying tires, needless to say they died after two laps and I couldn't turn the corners very easily. It helped me out in the next race though to brake later and get into the corners faster.
Old 29 March 12, 09:44   #60
firstRACER

Quote:
I did a ten lap race in championship mode and set up my bike for qualifying because I thought there was a qualifying round. Turns out there wasn't and I had to race on qualifying tires, needless to say they died after two laps and I couldn't turn the corners very easily. It helped me out in the next race though to brake later and get into the corners faster.

But there are no quali tires in SBK 2011, only softs and softs don't quit after two laps? Do they? I have tire wear off so I wouldn't know for sure. And probably you need to change your general race settings for sessions to "real". I think only quickraces exclude qualifying.

And yesterday I ran a Brno quickrace at professional for the fun and for the trophy and it was tricky so I had to redo the race a bunch of times but then I kept holding first place for most of the race and on the final lap hillclimb I look back to see where my nemisis is and of course lose the line and run out in the grass, fall over and have to redo the whole race. That's me right there, an absolute classic to mess up in the final bends.

Last edited by firstRACER; 29 March 12 at 09:58.
Old 29 March 12, 23:11   #61
Giig

Last year I was out on a trackday, the checkered flag came out, I went by, did two turns and the next thing I know, I am sliding on the track, on my ass, looking at my bike flying three meters above me, twisting and writhing in the air...

What happened? Still dont know... Those last laps can be a killa!

Old 30 March 12, 20:04   #62
DreadedKane

Woah Giig take it easy out there man! We need you around for your insightful commentary

On second thought the problem might not have been the tires but the fact I was running Ducati. I ran the Duke again yesterday and it handles like a brick, will need to test it some more before I can be certain.
Old 3 April 12, 10:03   #63
firstRACER

I changed to manual gears just to test out a little only to realise that in career mode you can only change back between race events, not in sessions or between sessions. So I had to run Misano in Manual gears. It took pretty much the whole practice 1 to get used to but in the end I put in fastest lap in all sessions since AI is not as aggressive in the fast right turns on that track. It felt great starting from pole position but less great to - apart from being slow starter in the first place due to a weaker bike - now also losing time putting in first gear after lights go out. So I immediately lost like 8-9 places at the start and slipped further down to 11th and worked my way up from there to finish in 8th. So that's disappointing in a way but still I'm happy I scored some points with my best result yet especially since I very nearly crashed from collision and also missing the fast right once and going off track at speed

Next up Brno which is a track I like and know well. This time with autogears and 50% race so I'm hoping to get a good finish althoug it is hard to tell how fast the AI will be on that track.
Old 3 April 12, 14:23   #64
Giig

Default Tom Sykes & Joan Lascorz

Smooth lines... However...

http://www.crash.net/world+superbike..._accident.html
Quote:
Kawasaki Racing rider Joan Lascorz has been air-lifted to hospital after suffering a suspected fractured vertebra in a high-speed accident during post-race testing at Imola.
'fingers crossed'
Old 3 April 12, 16:06   #65
hoboholic
Hobo strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstRACER View Post
Regarding the poor starts I had, it seems one thing that made them worse was that I was leaning forward at the start. The best thing seems to be to max throttle and just hold still with neutral weight distribution for takeoff and then a few seconds later maybe lean forward. I will investgate further...

You might not care but for what it's worth MotoGP 10/11 seems to fare alot better with holding smooth corners. Got that game yesterday and with that game my first impression is that I'm both impressed and disgusted at the same time.
The thing that always worked for me was leaning back slightly at the initial jump and then leaning forward while feathering the throttle until I was stable
hoboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 12, 19:56   #66
firstRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboholic View Post
The thing that always worked for me was leaning back slightly at the initial jump and then leaning forward while feathering the throttle until I was stable
Heh, really? Didn't try leaning backwards since it just seemed unwise. But I don't think the throttle needs feathering, the traction control is strong as it is.
Old 4 April 12, 17:57   #67
DreadedKane

I keep the throttle planted just under the rev limiter until the lights go out then floor it. I only play online but it usually gets me a decent start.
Old 5 April 12, 04:23   #68
hoboholic
Hobo strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstRACER View Post
Heh, really? Didn't try leaning backwards since it just seemed unwise. But I don't think the throttle needs feathering, the traction control is strong as it is.
Leaning back for the initial jump puts more weight on the rear wheel for the launch and gives a bit more traction, and of course you don't need to really feather it, just lift off slightly so that the wheels can regain that little bit of traction they lose
hoboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 12, 21:38   #69
firstRACER

I'm trying to figure out the best gear ratios for Silverstone. I ride the Honda for SMS Racing and it has 175hp. However, when I look at the telemetry at the end of Silverstone first (main) straight the bike only max out 166hp. I use auto gears and I can't push the revs to the red before swiching gears. It sort of safe-swithches early. I though maybe fiddeling with individual gear ratios would help that out but no it didn't. I think it does rev to the red when I'm in Time Trial mode with auto gearbox. Maybe because during career you upgrade the bike to that stage? But when raced at Misano with manual gears I could of course gear up once the the revmeter started hitting the red and I guess it maxes out more torque that way and utilise the full potential of the bike's hp? What to do? In the advise for setting up gears it says check the engine specs but they are nowhere to be found in-session. How to optimise gears?

Edit: Finished Silverstone 14th after qualifying 8th. I have to do much better exits just to hope to defend my position at the next corner because everyone else have faster acceleration and speed and my best chance is to try to overtake with late braking and closing the trail. 14th overall championship position while teammate Svitok is in 22nd. When I joined the team the target was 18th. And I constantly get to hear how badly things are going and they constantly raise the bar for main rival to beat... wtf man! Such jerks.

Edit2: Just tried the same bike and the same team in TT and now at the end of Silverstone main straight the bike got to 270km/h at 179hp although it is listed as 175hp bike. This without touching any settings. I remember my topspeed was 262km/h in career mode at this point of the track. The times I now put in was 1,6 sek better per lap! The same bike I use in career mode is significantly slower.

Last edited by firstRACER; 6 April 12 at 23:58.
Old 13 September 12, 14:41   #70
firstRACER

Regarding smooth lines. If you crave that in a motorcycle game then go play SBK 08 on PS2. You'll find it there for sure. Great game too.
Old 20 September 12, 11:07   #71
jazzu99

Welcome.

Do you realize maybe, if there is a possibility of putting a dedicated server for SBK 2011? And that would be possible, for example, changing the length of the session, etc?

The answer thank you in advance.
jazzu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 12, 10:28   #72
DreadedKane

SBK 2011 does not support dedicated servers which I think would make the game a whole lot more popular IMO
Old 28 September 12, 14:08   #73
Giig

Quote:
SBK 2011 does not support dedicated servers which I think would make the game a whole lot more popular IMO
Old 14 December 13, 19:06   #74
humanbooks

cool game tis SBK 2011,only bad ting (No mouse sterring controllers),the old game like MotoGP2 ave mouse+keyboard,and no solution still now,i have dearc in internet,no way to ave it,i ave use ppojystick wit Superbike 2001 and it's work (before i install NVIDIA G-Force because SBK2001 doesn't work wit).so old game are better ten new games,ai friver in SBK2001 are very realist,but in the new games moto?crasy ai,also in MotoGP 13!!!!!!!!!
humanbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 14, 14:49   #75
humanbooks

Great,now i can use NVIDIA G-Force with the great old SBK 2001 pc game,i have download a patch for sbk 2001 windows xp,install it,and now i change résolution to max (1600*900) with high détails.the menu is in 800*600 but when i start race,it's change to max.
humanbooks is offline   Reply With Quote