NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Simbin Race Series

Old 7 April 12, 13:23   #1
nigave
Uploader

Default Adding Race Injection to Off-Line install.... Is it possible ?

Hi Guys,

I still have not resolved my FFB issues with my full Steam Install and have reverted to Offline mode. I picked up a very cheap copy of RACE Injection off Amazon last week but it wants to install to Steam again. Can I load the contents to an Offline install which includes RACE07, GTR EVO and RACE-ON ?

Thanks, Nigave
nigave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 12, 14:38   #2
Jempy
Donated

Personnaly I doubt it is possible.
If Race Injection may only be installed with Steam, it won't work another way.

I think you should try to find why you have problem with your FFB.
You are not surely the only one with this wheel of yours and why would it work with the other ones and not with yours ?

Did you try to create yourself your own FFB settings in place of using the ones of the game ?
I'm not using Race Injection, but it's surely the same as in the original Race 07.
Jempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 12, 15:44   #3
Petrolmania
Easily Distracted

Couldn't you just add it the normal Steam way and turn Steam to offline mode once done?
Petrolmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 12, 16:26   #4
nigave
Uploader

I have never used Steam in Offline mode before. I will give it a try out. Thanks.
Old 7 April 12, 16:37   #5
Jempy
Donated

Before turning to Offline mode, be sure to use it once with Online mode ... just to get the updates or patches if necessary.

I always use Steam Offline ...even in league championships without problem.
Old 7 April 12, 16:47   #6
Petrolmania
Easily Distracted

Also, as above. there is aan option for various games about updates. i went through all mine yesterday after discovering it as I may be without internet for a while soon and this has to be done online (turning offline) as it can't be put into offline mode with no internet.

My suggestion is, go to your games library. Right click on one game at a time and dfo this:

1. When you right click, there will be a drop box. Go down to the bottom and click on properties.

2. The box you get, click on "updates" tab.

3. If the message in the little box says "Do not automatically update this game", change it to the other choice. "Always keep this game up to date."

What this will do is you will only have to do the next step when neccessary and anything you have on Steam will update if needed without you haveing to go through any more steps.

Now, when done, go to the top of the Steam thingie, top left corner, click on "Steam", and in the drop down, click "go offline", let it restart and you're done. This HAS to be done online. But this will put Steam in offline mode. I would assume some games may still not work like Silent Hunter 5 which needs THIER serivice to work so is a separate issue, but most games should work fine.

In future, if you want an addon, or just to update just do the same again, start Steam, got to the Steam tab and turn it back online. Fairly simple once you know where it is.

Cheers.
Den.
Old 7 April 12, 16:52   #7
Jempy
Donated

Next about your FFB

I read that some have a random problem with FFB, working or not working any longer.
Most of them close the game and Steam, open both again ... and FFB starts working again.
Strange but ...worth a try.
Old 7 April 12, 19:19   #8
nigave
Uploader

Since I did a full HD wipe a few weeks ago with Windows 7 I have had this problem with Steam. rFactor, GTR2, P & G, F1 2011 etc all have full FFB so it's not the G25 that's at fault. It's really driving me mad because once you've had FFB you don't want to drive without it again.......!!

Nigave.
Old 7 April 12, 19:30   #9
Petrolmania
Easily Distracted

It may be a long shot but try this. Through Steam, go to the games library. Right click Race07 and again go to properties.

In the properties open the "Local files" tab.

Click "Verify integrity of game cache", Let it run and check your files. If it tells you any are missing, then have it replace them and see if that helps. Maybe somehow some ffb info is missing/damaged? I dunno, but if a file does not match during this,Steam will replace it.
Old 7 April 12, 20:18   #10
nigave
Uploader

When I right Click on RACE07 and get Properties, my options are General, Sharing, Security, Previous Versions and Customize. am I in the correct place because I can't see the Local Files tab. Please confirm that I am in the right place ?

Appreciate the help, Nigave.
Old 7 April 12, 20:37   #11
Petrolmania
Easily Distracted

I get general, updates and local files.
Old 7 April 12, 22:06   #12
nigave
Uploader

Do you mean the Icon for RACE07 with the following numbers "05e281791c36d8d409c7c55aba2bb47aa395c7f5" I still only see General,Security, Details and Previous Versions ?
Are you on Windows 7 ?
Old 7 April 12, 22:31   #13
Petrolmania
Easily Distracted

Yes, WIN7 here. I'm thinking you're thinking a desktop icon?

Where I'm talking about is in the Steam menu. When you click on game library there is a list of your games down the left side. Where it says "Race07" right click on that.

I don't use any desktop icons or start menu links for Steam as I always start them from Steam to save clutter.
Old 7 April 12, 22:50   #14
nigave
Uploader

Petrolmania, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I was in the steamapps folder within the Programs Files (x86) folder. Found it, tried it but no joy, still no FFB. I'm sure it's related to DirectX 9.0c somehow but W7 runs D11 which I'm told should work fine.

Many thanks for your help. How's the weather in Toronto ? My son is living and working there for the past 15 months as an Architect since it all went down the tubes in Ireland.
Old 7 April 12, 22:57   #15
DurgeDriven

I had Race, Evo and STCC

I wanted no steam , NOCD offline install but I wanted selected content from each.

I installed each offline then simply worked out which files I needed to copy over, was not that hard even for me. :p

Then I backed that up and did a fresh OS and I used that folder ever since on any
partiton although I have given it a miss anyways.

Dont see why if I brought Injection I could not do the same thing..........
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 12, 23:10   #16
nigave
Uploader

Race Injection doesn't give you the option of an Offline install. It goes straight to Steam. All the others allow you to install Offline. I was surprised by this because I thought that it would be straightforward to have an offline copy with working FFB.
Old 7 April 12, 23:12   #17
Petrolmania
Easily Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigave View Post
Petrolmania, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I was in the steamapps folder within the Programs Files (x86) folder. Found it, tried it but no joy, still no FFB. I'm sure it's related to DirectX 9.0c somehow but W7 runs D11 which I'm told should work fine.

Many thanks for your help. How's the weather in Toronto ? My son is living and working there for the past 15 months as an Architect since it all went down the tubes in Ireland.

Did you TRY the way I described? Or do you have the Steam client deleted?

Anyways, warm here, sunny and 11C. We had no winter (as usual) and was mild all year. I dread Toronto summers as I hate it when it gets any hotter then 20C and T.O. hits 40C plus with extreme humidity!!

Luckily I'll be moving this month about an hour and a half Northwest. just enough to get away from the extreme heat!!

Speaking of Ireland, the town is Dundalk!! HAHAHAA!!!
Old 13 April 12, 10:16   #18
nigave
Uploader

A few days later and another full hard drive wipe and full 7 etc reload and I'm back in business. Won't speak too loud or too soon but FFB is working in full Steam mode. Gets a bit tedious and you become reluctant to load anything else in case !