NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor 2

Old 10 April 12, 17:21   #101
Scorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
Didn't expect to see you posting here eduzbz. My impression was that rF2 wasn't for you. Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else...

It's great you want to discuss rF2. It will grow on you for sure, with a plus, this community is rather open to discussing isiMotor2.5 or any other rF2 matter.
Haha nicely done, i get that
Scorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 12, 17:24   #102
Scorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeymatis View Post
The first time i drove GTR2 without the aids i spent more time in the gravel than on the track .Gtr2 and RF are very similar in the way the game gives you the Sim experience . When you brake into the hairpin at hockenheim or turn one at Monza you really have to think about what you are doing .. As good as cars is , i feel that the whole sim experience is very sanitized in comparison ..RF2 on the other hand is never going to compete in GFX department but will wipe the floor with Pcars in longevity ( as will GTR3) For seat of your pants sim racing .

Want some fun afternoon racing ? , get pcars , Want to join a league and immerse your self ? get RF2, GTR3
I think this post is bang on. At least it is exactly how i feel. pCARS will be a good game to chuck on for a blast with some mates i agree with that. It will have a big list of cars and tracks and so is the perfect simcade title like Forza and GT5. But for anything else i think AC, rF2 and GTR3 if it ever gets finished will be the bread and butter for most folk who visit this and other forums.

Still at the end of the day all these rF2 vs pCARS posts are pointless really as they are both targeting different audiences one being a multi platform title with obvious compromises and one being a PC only title. It's not gonna stop though, can't seem to find any thread these days that does not include pCARS somewhere.

Last edited by Scorz; 10 April 12 at 18:03.
Old 24 April 12, 17:19   #103
tjc

Well well...

Very interesting reading in here... I see some opinions of pCARS have changed pretty drastically over this last month or so.

Thought it was weird that I hadn`t seen you over at WMD lately Nismo, I can see why now.

But I`m wondering (as long as you don`t mind saying that is, if you`d rather not say then fine) what changed your opinions on it so much?

You were singing it`s praises in many ways mate (as well as mentioning where it could be improved in your opinion too) and making excellent videos... you seemed to be really enjoying the process so I`m a bit shocked tbh to hear you slate it so much now.

Btw... you said a few times over at WMD that you never used to edit your screens and now an admission that you did?

I`d have PM`d you on this mate but you have PM`s turned off...

Good to know your still alive though...
tjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 12, 17:37   #104
Scorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc View Post
Well well...

Very interesting reading in here... I see some opinions of pCARS have changed pretty drastically over this last month or so.

Thought it was weird that I hadn`t seen you over at WMD lately Nismo, I can see why now.

But I`m wondering (as long as you don`t mind saying that is, if you`d rather not say then fine) what changed your opinions on it so much?

You were singing it`s praises in many ways mate (as well as mentioning where it could be improved in your opinion too) and making excellent videos... you seemed to be really enjoying the process so I`m a bit shocked tbh to hear you slate it so much now.

Btw... you said a few times over at WMD that you never used to edit your screens and now an admission that you did?

I`d have PM`d you on this mate but you have PM`s turned off...

Good to know your still alive though...
Basically mate i got over the eye candy factor and rF2 introduced a patch and a certain 370z that made me realise i was wasting my time with pCARS. It was so far behind to rF2 in terms of FFB and physics that i just can't be bothered to waste my time with it anymore.

Good to see you though mate. And about pics, i think you should go back over my posts and you will read that i always said if i had edited them. Been alot longer than a month btw since i visited the site. I gave up on it along time ago

Feel free to PM me on Youtube though man

Last edited by Scorz; 24 April 12 at 19:34.
Old 24 April 12, 18:00   #105
Kazumi

Contrast, Exposure, Color Curves can change an image (especially static) - that's not counted as edited by some as you usually do it with changing brightness conditions such as in real life (especially outdoors) or HDR rendering. Maybe that's where the confusing comes from. Probably it transforms rF2 impression more since their post processing (if there is any besides tone mapping?) isn't as advanced yet.
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 12, 18:31   #106
gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorz View Post
Basically mate i got over the eye candy factor and rF2 introduced a patch and a certain 370z that made me realise i was wasting my time with pCARS. It was so far behind to rF2 in terms of FFB and physics that i just can't be bothered to waste my time with it anymore.
That 370z is pretty fantastic

And I couldn't agree more on the FFB and physics. It's just so far ahead of anything out there and such a sheer joy to drive with.

I'm seriously considering getting a belt-motor wheel like a Fanatec just so I can experience the FFB in full glory.
gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 12, 19:35   #107
Scorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gears View Post
That 370z is pretty fantastic

And I couldn't agree more on the FFB and physics. It's just so far ahead of anything out there and such a sheer joy to drive with.

I'm seriously considering getting a belt-motor wheel like a Fanatec just so I can experience the FFB in full glory.
It's such an amazing feeling car, opposite lock for fun and with the right setup you can lap sideways Love it! That and the classic F2's
Old 24 April 12, 20:37   #108
tjc

Quote:

Good to see you though mate. And about pics, i think you should go back over my posts and you will read that i always said if i had edited them. Been alot longer than a month btw since i visited the site. I gave up on it along time ago

Feel free to PM me on Youtube though man
Ahh well... everybody is entitled to their opinion and I can`t offer one on rf2 yet as I`ve not tried it. I most definitely will try it as I`ve liked what I`ve seen and read about it and I really liked rfactor (after hating it when I first tried it though)

It`s a pity you feel like you do about pCARS though Nismo but if that`s what you feel, that`s what you feel. You don`t think then that pCARS will improve over time in the areas you don`t like?

Ahh yeh, your right, I do remember you saying that about your screens (you`d always say if you had edited them) I just don`t remember reading that very often is all...

I`m sure I`ll catch you around here man but yeh... I`ll maybe drop you a line on YouTube too.

Good to have a wee chat with you though and at least I know now why I won`t be seeing you over at WMD.
Old 25 April 12, 09:43   #109
ColdBrain
Donated

This thread is the biggest source of rFactor fanboyism on the forum. No, on the internet!
ColdBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 09:49   #110
mrpowcz

What did you expect in rF subsection..
mrpowcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 12:13   #111
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Ahh well... everybody is entitled to their opinion and I can`t offer one on rf2 yet as I`ve not tried it. I most definitely will try it as I`ve liked what I`ve seen and read about it and I really liked rfactor (after hating it when I first tried it though)
Mate if I have to sue I am getting new pedals and you and me going to Spa
in F3s won't take no for a answer.

One session there screen shots will be a side dish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled 1.jpg (136.8 KB, 66 views)
DurgeDriven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 12:33   #112
Scorz

Quote:

It`s a pity you feel like you do about pCARS though Nismo but if that`s what you feel, that`s what you feel. You don`t think then that pCARS will improve over time in the areas you don`t like?

Ahh yeh, your right, I do remember you saying that about your screens (you`d always say if you had edited them) I just don`t remember reading that very often is all...

I`m sure I`ll catch you around here man but yeh... I`ll maybe drop you a line on YouTube too.

Good to have a wee chat with you though and at least I know now why I won`t be seeing you over at WMD.
Tbh Tj i don't really want to back over it all now mate. It's all in this thread and tbh it's like banging your head against a brick wall. I just don't like SMS and the way they do things with regards to physics and more importantly FFB, which is the single most important thing for me in a sim. Once that feels crap, i can't be bothered with it anymore. I stuck round for a while hoping it would change but it didn't so i have no time for it now. There are better feeling sims already out and one on the way that should be just amazing going by their previous sim. So basically no mate, i can't see them getting it right as SMS have their plan and they will stick to that plan whether me or a 1000 others decide to post saying it's not hardcore enough etc as an example

If you enjoy it then cool mate but not for me

Want to talk about rF2 though and AC, then i'm all ears
Old 25 April 12, 14:14   #113
tjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
Mate if I have to sue I am getting new pedals and you and me going to Spa
in F3s won't take no for a answer.

One session there screen shots will be a side dish.
Lol...

Don`t worry DD you won`t be getting no for an answer mate...

Get the pedals and I`ll get rf2 and we`ll burn some sim rubber and do loads of screens...

Sounds good to me.

Old 25 April 12, 14:20   #114
tjc

Quote:
Tbh Tj i don't really want to back over it all now mate. It's all in this thread and tbh it's like banging your head against a brick wall. I just don't like SMS and the way they do things with regards to physics and more importantly FFB, which is the single most important thing for me in a sim. Once that feels crap, i can't be bothered with it anymore. I stuck round for a while hoping it would change but it didn't so i have no time for it now. There are better feeling sims already out and one on the way that should be just amazing going by their previous sim. So basically no mate, i can't see them getting it right as SMS have their plan and they will stick to that plan whether me or a 1000 others decide to post saying it's not hardcore enough etc as an example

If you enjoy it then cool mate but not for me

Want to talk about rF2 though and AC, then i'm all ears
Yeh that`s cool Nismo, don`t want you to go back over it all mate just wondered why it seemed to go so wrong for you is all.

As I said to DD, when I get rf2 and then AC I`m sure we`ll all do plenty of talking about both.

Old 30 April 12, 01:33   #115
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Lol...

Don`t worry DD you won`t be getting no for an answer mate...

Get the pedals and I`ll get rf2 and we`ll burn some sim rubber and do loads of screens...

Sounds good to me.

For the hassle they are sending me a set of demo ClubSport Pedals

rF2 you can go through full replays while sitting in pits and snap away.
My F3 room you do not need to worry about setups either ( it is fixed )
It is room for rookies to come and people will help.
No matter how good/bad someone is they all treated the same.
F3 Spa that is it, like NG my room ain't a democracy.
DurgeDriven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 12, 00:21   #116
gears

rFactor 2 Immersion

http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-im...-video-trailer

gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 12, 18:48   #117
DoubleT

I run both RF2 and PCARS. It's just a bit too early to predict who the clear winner will be.
RF2 has a very life-like feel as viewed through the cockpit...especially in the vintage F1 cars at SPA.
These are the best of the lot in RF2 right now...both in term of handling and immersion. Both Renaults series need considerable work in the default handling.
PCARS seems to have (at this point anyway) slightly better optimization. Some of the cars are quite fun to drive and handle as they should. Others...not so much. Having run them for many years, I can tell you "The kart is absolutely horrible".
The visuals for things like flame, etc... are better done in PCARS than any other sim ever released. SMS knows how to do flames...and 'washboard' sound effects.
The lighting for US HWY1 is second to none. I drive that road quite a bit and they have it 'spot' on.
PCARS has lots of potential.
Only time will tell.
Both suffer overall in the sound catagory at the moment. I find that a bit disappointing . The DRM mod showed us that sound can be done right in sims. If an independent modder can do it, then I'll expect nothing less from the big developers.
Both titles, with the exception of RF2's F1 cars need mass added to the models.
Both suffer from the horrible 'shaky' camera syndrome. I still don't know why they went this route. It didn't work for Codemasters before...and it doesn't work for either ISI or SMS now.
Both offer lots of fun but have lots of shortcomings at this stage.
It'll be very interesting over the next few months. It's early. Let's wait and see.
One thing is for certain, everybody will have to 'up' their game significantly, given the as yet to be released sims waiting in the wings.

Last edited by DoubleT; 20 May 12 at 15:10.
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 12, 14:20   #118
Scorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
I like and own both RF2 and PCARS. It's just a bit too early to predict who the clear winner will be.
RF2 has a very life-like feel as viewed through the cockpit...especially in the vintage F1 cars at SPA.
These are the best of the lot in RF2 right now...both in term of handling and immersion.
PCARS seems to have (at this point anyway) better optimization. Quite a few of the cars are fun to drive and handle as they should. The visuals for things like flame, rumblestrip sounds, etc are better done in it than any other sim ever released.
The lighting for US HWY1 is second to none. I drive that road quite a bit and they have it spot on.
It too has lots of potential.
Only time will tell.
Both suffer overall in the sound catagory at the moment...which is a disappointing . The DRM mod showed that sound can be done right. If an independent modder can do it, so should the big modding houses.
Both titles barring RF2's F1 cars need weight added to the models. It's as if they have no weight to the various chassis.
Both suffer from the horrible 'shaky camera' syndrome. I still don't know why they went this route. It didn't work for Codemasters before...and it doesn't work for either ISI or SMS now.
Both offer lots of fun but have lots of shortcomings too.
It'll be very interesting over the next few months.
One thing is for certain, everybody will have to 'up' their game considerably...given the unreleased as yet sims waiting in the wings.
IMO and not as a fanboy as i enjoy alot of sims. pCARS does not in the slightest warrant or deserve to be even mentioned in the same breath as rF2 and alike. It is a multi platform title that still to this day going by the latest videos i have seen shows the same cheesy physics that i gave up on a few months back. The only people that believe these physics are correct or/and they will make it better are poeple with a vested interest in the title. I am so happy i gave up bothering with this title all those months ago now and continued believing all the crap they spout about Pre-Alpha this and that.

I think you are correct with your rF2 observations btw, i would agree there, but pCARS has a HUGE hill to climb to even be mentioned alongside the old sims like rF1 and GTR2 let alone rF2. The fidelity in physics and FFB of rF2 is literally light years ahead of anything SMS can produce. Established mods teams in rF1 offer far more convincing behaviour and physics than SMS can produce

SMS are a console developer that will make a lot of money from their crazy title but are a joke IMO when it comes to how a simulated car feels.

Last edited by Scorz; 13 May 12 at 14:55.
Old 13 May 12, 14:29   #119
zud the spud
is breathing manually

Scorz, You're right, pCARS isn't on the same level as rFactor 2 but it's a massive step up from the Shift games. Everything is still pretty early but there is potential, especially with the involvement of race drivers and the promise of laser scanned tracks.

I think the main area that the biggest improvement could be made is in collision physics. You can't bump draft in the oval cars without spinning out, it feels really wonky.
zud the spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 12, 14:47   #120
Scorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zud the spud View Post
Scorz, You're right, pCARS isn't on the same level as rFactor 2 but it's a massive step up from the Shift games. Everything is still pretty early but there is potential, especially with the involvement of race drivers and the promise of laser scanned tracks.

I think the main area that the biggest improvement could be made is in collision physics. You can't bump draft in the oval cars without spinning out, it feels really wonky.
Yes, i give you that zud, i totally agree and have said in the past it's a fixed SHIFT. So yes i agree totally but to keep seeing this game mentioned alongside a sim as brutal and exciting as rF2 inpaticular, bugs aside, and other more established sims such as iRacing and NetKar is beyond a joke now.

Last edited by Scorz; 13 May 12 at 19:32.
Old 13 May 12, 15:26   #121
Chronus

Very, very impressive.
Chronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 12, 15:32   #122
Scorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
Very, very impressive.
Thank you
Old 14 May 12, 21:23   #123
GLENNYBOY1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gears View Post
Very nice ,Good job Scorz.
GLENNYBOY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 12, 11:22   #124
simel

Even though I have both sim's...For about the last month I have only been playing pCARS because IMO it just has more content at this stage of development than rf2......plus I really enjoy the on-line time trials in pCARS....
simel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 12, 15:11   #125
kosmoface

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboholic View Post
And also, the FFB in Project CARS doesn't feel much different to rF2 for me.
Interesting. Do you drive with many aids on? Because I also have a DFGT and feel a world of difference between the two titles:

rf2: delicate, nearly lifelike, something I have to grit my teeth in, because I feel the tires rubbing over the street (really!), it feels like a simulation, so I have to feel my way over the course

pCARS: muddy (if not to say arcade) and to be honest there's not much difference between one and the other car. Can't feel much of a simulation there. Plus I really don't feel much through the FFB. It's like driving drunk... at least for me.

I really like the movielike graphics of pCARS, but without the physics of rf2 I get bored pretty quick. rf2 physics with pCARS graphics would be my dream, but unless that happens it's rfactor 2. Driving with 200 mph I'm not much interested in graphics, I'm more interested in the next braking point and how my car handles and rf2 delivers in this regard.

Right now I find most of rf2 pretty ugly, but that doesn't matter (and the interface is horribly unusable, in both titles), because there will be brilliant looking mods, I'm sure. If somebody kann mod lifelike physics into pCARS later on, well, we'll see.
kosmoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 12, 23:50   #126
F2kSel

I just tried rF2 after many months of not touching it and I couldn't believe how bland it looks feels and sounds.

I see some say FFB is better in rF2 than pCARS but I feel almost no road or grip, probably as I'm using G25 and it has to be turned down.

But the graphics look so ugly, every thing looks like it's done with crayon.

Add to that a few other problems I have with it such as 2-3 mins track loading and alt tab to desktop halving my FPS I don't think I'll be doing much with it.
F2kSel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 12, 00:16   #127
mrpowcz

I do like the ffb, in last build there is generally lots of grip with all cars. To have maximum feel its good to have 100% force both in profiler and ingame. But this does terrible things to wheel when you're on grass. I really hate that .
mrpowcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 12, 01:56   #128
scootergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybo View Post
When was the last time a beta was representative of the finished product? People are judging rFactor2 according to what they see today not according to the POTENTIAL of what they see today. I'm beginning to think that ISI made a mistake by releasing this beta because people just have no clue what a beta is.

rFactor2 has the team working on it that made rFactor1. pCars has the team working on it that did Shift. That's all I need to know. I'm a sim racer, have been since I discovered RBR in 05. rFactor 2's graphics are not finished.
Page 30 GTR 2 Manual Attached showing subcontracted development team + consulting...
At the top you will see Ian Bell's name followed by Andy Garton and rest of the so called arcade devs that made most of the peoples on this forums boards top 5 favorite SIM!! GAME!!

2ndly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blimey!_Games
It is amazing how in this day and age people still fall for the blind leading the blind.

Above link and attached info is factual. My bet is 100% or close to 100% of people who loved gtr one and gtr2 liked it as much as rf1. Since GTR is a polished version of ISI gmotor ENGINE. I am pretty sure Mister Guybo will tell us he loved GTR2 and GTR legends so much so he also has the gtr legends mod for race 07.

So your favorite game was made and developed by the same makers of shift. Wow it really amazes me how narrow minded people can be. It is like handing some one a pepsi that has a different name on it yet they won't even try it... no no i know it is not good even though i never will try it.

Mind Blowing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gtr2-manual.jpg (152.7 KB, 10 views)
scootergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 12, 02:05   #129
scootergeo

Quote:
IMO and not as a fanboy as i enjoy alot of sims. pCARS does not in the slightest warrant or deserve to be even mentioned in the same breath as rF2 and alike. It is a multi platform title that still to this day going by the latest videos i have seen shows the same cheesy physics that i gave up on a few months back. The only people that believe these physics are correct or/and they will make it better are poeple with a vested interest in the title. I am so happy i gave up bothering with this title all those months ago now and continued believing all the crap they spout about Pre-Alpha this and that.

I think you are correct with your rF2 observations btw, i would agree there, but pCARS has a HUGE hill to climb to even be mentioned alongside the old sims like rF1 and GTR2 let alone rF2. The fidelity in physics and FFB of rF2 is literally light years ahead of anything SMS can produce. Established mods teams in rF1 offer far more convincing behaviour and physics than SMS can produce

SMS are a console developer that will make a lot of money from their crazy title but are a joke IMO when it comes to how a simulated car feels.
You spelled behavior and people incorrectly. You can read my above post as well, obviously you also need a history lesson on race Sims.
scootergeo is offline   Reply With Quote