NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > General Discussion > Computech

Old 1 November 11, 09:39   #151
DoubleT

My last few driver installations, including 285.62 have NOT installed the Physx component by default. I've had to install it manually. It's not really a big problem. I'm just wondering if anybody else has seen this issue. The Nvidia control panel reports that it's installed, but on running DIRT3 there was no 'kick up' from tires and on trying to run S2 the Physx loader error message would appear. Simply loading the Physx component fixes both issues.
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 11, 10:20   #152
DurgeDriven

Checked system info mine shows latest version.
I did add/remove, reboot, install, reboot.

Did it give warning at the end of the Driver setup " component not installed "
( whatever)

Not keen the later drivers enable HDMi audio by default,
or the fact it overrides my afterburner settings.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 11, 14:56   #153
DoubleT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
Checked system info mine shows latest version.
I did add/remove, reboot, install, reboot.

Did it give warning at the end of the Driver setup " component not installed "
( whatever)
That's just it...you don't get a warning.
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 11, 11:12   #154
Siggs

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...iewdriver.aspx

12.1 preview drivers are out
Siggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 12, 23:34   #155
Skyle

What is the best/most stable Nvidia driver so far? I heard it depends on your GPU make/model so if it helps I have a MSi GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 2 GB. I currently have the 280.26. I've had some issues with the 285 and I'm not eager to try a beta one...
Skyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 12, 08:14   #156
DurgeDriven

Default Afterburner beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyle View Post
What is the best/most stable Nvidia driver so far? I heard it depends on your GPU make/model so if it helps I have a MSi GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 2 GB. I currently have the 280.26. I've had some issues with the 285 and I'm not eager to try a beta one...

I would retry the 285.62 whql.

Did you install properly

ie: uninstall driver, reboot, cancel driver install, install the new driver, re-install DirectX March09 and June10.

Someone is going to say you only need the latest DX9 which is BULL
depending on what games you actually RUN. sheesh

So take my advice just run both every driver install in order it can't hurt and If you don't you can possibly find a older shooter or sim wont start ....ie: DX /runtime error......................... doh

Oh yeah use 3DMark2006 as a good baseline for performance and image quality between drivers,
if nothing else it makes sure it is running within 0.5%.

Anyways.........AB beta

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=2839

Log
Quote:
Added AMD Tahiti graphics processors family support

Added core voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON 7970 graphics cards with CHL8228 voltage regulators

MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 4.3.0. New version gives you the following improvements:

1. Added new profile settings allowing to limit the framerate independently during gaming and during videocapture. Limiting the framerate during gaming can help to reduce the power consumption as well as it can improve gaming experience due to removing unwanted microstutteing effect caused by framerate fluctuations. Limiting the framerate during videocapture can improve resulting video smoothness

2. Added Vector 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode support for OpenGL applications

3. Added Raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode support for multithreaded OpenGL applications (e.g. ID Software's Rage)

4. Added workaround for AMD Direct3D driver issues causing OSD to be invisible in Direct3D8 and Direct3D9 applications when using Raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode
Now unofficial overclocking can be enabled without typing in the EULA into the configuration file. In this case the EULA is displayed and you're forced to accept it during MSI Afterburner startup

5. Added power user oriented command line switches allowing to extend Overdrive clock limits on AMD graphics cards attached to Windows desktop
Old 11 January 12, 12:49   #157
Skyle

I unninstalled 280.26, got rid of it for good with Driver Sweeper, also had to unninstall an older 275 (didn't even know I had it, it's gone now though) and installed 285.62, it's been running good for now.

I'm using MSI Afterburner 2.1.0, which came with the card,should I get the 2.2.0? My main concern is that it's a beta one...

The only benchmark I've used so far is the Crysis one, and I'm a little confused about these things, I keep hearing that Heaven is the best, or Furmark, or 3DMArk...no idea...

Thank you Durge for the advice!
Old 11 January 12, 13:17   #158
DurgeDriven

Quote:
I unninstalled 280.26, got rid of it for good with Driver Sweeper, also had to unninstall an older 275 (didn't even know I had it, it's gone now though) and installed 285.62, it's been running good for now.

I'm using MSI Afterburner 2.1.0, which came with the card,should I get the 2.2.0? My main concern is that it's a beta one...

The only benchmark I've used so far is the Crysis one, and I'm a little confused about these things, I keep hearing that Heaven is the best, or Furmark, or 3DMArk...no idea...

Thank you Durge for the advice!
Unless you need 7970 support ( wish) or need the OSD improvements I would stick with v2.10.

edit:

Yeah Crysis is good test but it is hard to compare and guage results against similar setups.

This is where Mad Onion 3DMarks ( 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, Vantage and 2011 ) mainly the latter three are useful.

Not only do you get a good stress test and quality test but you get a massive ORB to compare your results to in some cases identical specs. So you can see if your PC is even running to its maximum potential, most people never know.

The best thing about 3DMark is using results as your baseline for hardware changes or problems.

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 11 January 12 at 13:42.
Old 11 January 12, 13:46   #159
Skyle

Thanks again Durge, you've been really helpful, but I have one more think to ask. Can you reommend an overclocking guide, an easy to understand one? It's the first time I'm doing this, and don't want to set my PC on fire...
Old 11 January 12, 14:05   #160
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Thanks again Durge, you've been really helpful, but I have one more think to ask. Can you reommend an overclocking guide, an easy to understand one? It's the first time I'm doing this, and don't want to set my PC on fire...
The Twin Frozr is standard or O/C version.

I don't want to sound dismissive, my advice to people is leave them alone.

Standard Frozr 2GB is 822/4008 O/C version is 880/4008 so 7% on GPU will get you maybe a few frames if your desperate. You may get 900Mhz and a good 5fps+ ...you may also damage the GPU.

I have brought O/C cards for last 4/5 generations because they offered superior cooling @same clockspeeds and left them at that.

Best thing that can kick a high end card into gear is a high end Processor.
Old 11 January 12, 14:25   #161
Skyle

I thought I already wrote in the first post, sorry, it is the OC Edition. I already got 950Mhz but anything beyond that just gives me a black screen in games, or sometimes it just resets itself to the stock clock speeds. I also tried gradually increasing the voltage but when I hit 1100mV it started to heat fast, and the fans were going crazy, that's why I'm a bit worried not to do something stupid.
Old 11 January 12, 14:59   #162
DurgeDriven

Quote:
I thought I already wrote in the first post, sorry, it is the OC Edition. I already got 950Mhz but anything beyond that just gives me a black screen in games, or sometimes it just resets itself to the stock clock speeds. I also tried gradually increasing the voltage but when I hit 1100mV it started to heat fast, and the fans were going crazy, that's why I'm a bit worried not to do something stupid.

@950MHz you should be running 100% fans that is why fans go crazy and it heats up.

I run 100% fans at default super over clock speeds, I rather put up with a bit of fan noise you quickly get used it.

I not going to offer info mate other then run it 900MHz and 100% fans, so you have at least 5% headroom.

I know you read reviews with 1000MHz with voltage but that is perfect environment, usually they run on a test bench in low ambient, hardly real world over wide range of scenario.

PiC: To run fans 100% you must make O/C profile too ie: My clock-speeds are default.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled 1.jpg (115.1 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 11 January 12 at 15:15.
Old 11 January 12, 15:32   #163
Skyle

Currently my fan speed is on auto, and the time I used 1100 mV I they reached a little more than 5000 rpm at one point, and on 100% fan speed I get around 4300 rpm.

The noise is not really a problem, I just want to make sure it's safe and speeds like that don't damage my card.

This is my default setup:

And these are highest clock speeds I could reach so far:
Old 11 January 12, 15:40   #164
DurgeDriven

1. The blackscreen would be because that voltage is probably to low for 950MHz

edit: 100C were is my glasses lol
Old 11 January 12, 15:50   #165
Skyle

Quote:
1. The blackscreen would be because that voltage is probably to low for 950MHz

edit: 100C were is my glasses lol
Actually, after raising the voltage to 1050mV, 950MHz is (somewhat) stable, but 1000MHz is not, and, as I said, I increased the voltage to 1100mV and I got 5000 rpm on the fans while when I set them to 100% they do 4300 rpm...
Old 11 January 12, 16:13   #166
DurgeDriven

I rather just forget the drama and get the fastest card I can afford
with good cooling.

Like stock GTX460 ( 675MHz) would have cost me 150 less but they would not be happy doing 815MHz with a stock cooler in SLi.

My cards are tested at 1.088v@950MHz / 4300MHz (3DGuru) but in perfect enviroment they say woooo turn it down to 900MHz ........
http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigaby...-soc-review/18

........but really a decent headroom is 10% imo so that would be 850MHz ......... what is the use of me over-clocking for 35MHz core.

You can get better fps gain by just turning a few in-game settings down a notch.

All extreme overclocks like 950/1000MHz use maximum voltage I doubt you will find a test at v1.050

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 11 January 12 at 16:25.
Old 18 January 12, 05:31   #167
Apex1972

Quote:
@950MHz you should be running 100% fans that is why fans go crazy and it heats up.

I run 100% fans at default super over clock speeds, I rather put up with a bit of fan noise you quickly get used it.

I not going to offer info mate other then run it 900MHz and 100% fans, so you have at least 5% headroom.

I know you read reviews with 1000MHz with voltage but that is perfect environment, usually they run on a test bench in low ambient, hardly real world over wide range of scenario.

PiC: To run fans 100% you must make O/C profile too ie: My clock-speeds are default.
got a question for ya durge. I have been running an XFX 550Ti at 1000MHz for some time now. I have not messed with voltage and left fan on auto. I have not issues so far. It has been about 6 months running at this speed. I think it reaches about 50c when im playing rfactor for a few hours. any input you have will be appreciated.
Apex1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 12, 12:25   #168
DurgeDriven

50C I would probably leave the fan alone.

I don't like upping voltage on video cards, I just buy SOC and run as they come.

Sorry no help mate esp. with 550Ti ( no experience with this one as I never recommended one is all )

Here is a decent 550Ti O/C test you can see how much more they push it and voltages used and framerate gained in game tests there.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...clone-ii-oc/19

Obviously not all flavours of 550Ti will do that good.
Old 19 January 12, 04:49   #169
Apex1972

Apex1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 12, 06:45   #170
DurgeDriven

Default ATi 12.1

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx
Old 28 January 12, 16:21   #171
DurgeDriven

Default ATi 12.2 Preview

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...iewdriver.aspx
Old 6 February 12, 01:59   #172
DurgeDriven

Come on Nvidia it's been oinks lol :p

......and it better have rfactor2, pCARS SLi fixes or I am going back to ATi, I swear.

lol

Personally I think developers should pay to jump the cue.
Old 27 February 12, 08:47   #173
DurgeDriven

Default 295.73 whql

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html
Old 27 February 12, 11:40   #174
BAD808

I have had these drivers for almost a week now, have certainly helped with a lot of the problems I had.
BAD808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 12, 18:54   #175
SwiftyOne

Another new driver from nVidia v296.10 ...With improvements for rfactor2 and others
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
SwiftyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 12, 21:14   #176
DurgeDriven

Boosts SLI performance in rFactor2 ...............just gone and flogged my SLi setup

Old 13 March 12, 21:28   #177
SwiftyOne

Quote:
Boosts SLI performance in rFactor2 ...............just gone and flogged my SLi setup

NOOOOooooo! you are kidding? ....Boosted my Sli by 10-20 FPS (Oh yes it did!)....Best driver so far...Long live nVidia

Swifty
SwiftyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 12, 21:34   #178
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyOne View Post
NOOOOooooo! you are kidding? ....Boosted my Sli by 10-20 FPS (Oh yes it did!)....Best driver so far...Long live nVidia

Swifty

Damm ! hehehe

Well I went from GTX460 SOC's to GTX570 SOC so scaling would need to be really good before I will lose anything.

Plus the 570 has better lower fps.
Old 5 April 12, 02:38   #179
rocky289

Anyone having stuttering issues with GTX560ti.
Been running fine for a couple of months prior to this.
rocky289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 12, 02:58   #180
DurgeDriven

Default Nvidia Beta

301.24 Beta

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ta-driver.html

* FXAA Technology
* Adaptive Vertical Sync
* Frame Rate Target
Old 10 April 12, 22:33   #181
rocky289

Definately an improvement.
Frame rate stays on 60.
Still get occational flick.
rocky289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 12, 09:54   #182
Leper Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyOne View Post
Another new driver from nVidia v296.10 ...With improvements for rfactor2 and others
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
tried this driver and i had no display input 1/2 way through installing and my monitor went blank. did a system restore from safe mode to get back to where I was (ooooooooooold drivers, havn't updated for yonks). Anyone know what happened, I don't want to risk it again until I know what to do.
Leper Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 12, 03:48   #183
DurgeDriven

Default 301.42 - whql

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/44967
Old 24 May 12, 12:16   #184
maccam26

Durge, you seem pretty adept in PC's, do you think in Iracing I should disable the 4X AA and try using the FXAA in the NVIDIA control panel for Iracing specifically? I currently run Iracing with fairly high settings on everything & use Vsync as it seems to keep the stuttering down. Just wondering if this might help me add a few more eye candy items.

My system is roughly:
MSI G43 Motherboard, I5 2500K @ 4.2, 8gb 1333 DDR3, 2 * 1gb 560 MSI cards in SLI.
maccam26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 12, 15:08   #185
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccam26 View Post
Durge, you seem pretty adept in PC's, do you think in Iracing I should disable the 4X AA and try using the FXAA in the NVIDIA control panel for Iracing specifically? I currently run Iracing with fairly high settings on everything & use Vsync as it seems to keep the stuttering down. Just wondering if this might help me add a few more eye candy items.

My system is roughly:
MSI G43 Motherboard, I5 2500K @ 4.2, 8gb 1333 DDR3, 2 * 1gb 560 MSI cards in SLI.
I do not have iRacing mate but I would for sure grab the latest NVidia Inspector and make a profile and have a play and test.

Do a Fraps fps test without VSync when heavy load
Use AfterBurner OSD for GPU/Memory Usage

Inspector v1.9.6.5
http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-I...load-2612.html

AfterBurner v2.2.1
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Both recent versions as well.
Old 24 May 12, 15:45   #186
maccam26

Thanks Durge, will do and have a go.
maccam26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 12, 11:58   #187
fisher racing

12.6 beta. This driver is fantastic.

Finally moved up from 12.1. Glad I did.

Amd is moving away from monthly driver releases.
Read the notes.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...st126beta.aspx
fisher racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 12, 12:30   #188
SANTANA_DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher racing View Post
12.6 beta. This driver is fantastic.

Finally moved up from 12.1. Glad I did.

Amd is moving away from monthly driver releases.
Read the notes.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...st126beta.aspx
good to hear. thxs for the heads up !
SANTANA_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 12, 14:45   #189
Siggs

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...tadriver1.aspx

12.7 beta now out
Siggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 12, 16:52   #190
fisher racing

12.6beta and 12.7 beta cause my second card to run at 400/1200mhz instead of 157/300 at idle.
It returns to normal after starting and exiting any game.

Not a big problem but a problem none the less.

Sticking with 12.6 beta because it looks so good.
fisher racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 12, 01:43   #191
DurgeDriven

Default 306.23 - whql

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Legacy Support Notification:

GeForce 6-series and GeForce 7-series GPUs will be moved to legacy support after GeForce R304 drivers.

GeForce R310 drivers (the next major family of drivers) will not support these products.
Old 16 September 12, 02:47   #192
umma gumma
Uploader

for ATI/AMD, I see here they have a catalyst software suite v 12.8 ( which includes a driver ) dated 8/15/2012. I installed it and driver details in W7 are listed as:

driver version: 8.982.0.0
driver date: 7/27/2012

however below that they still have a beta 12.7 listed, dated June 2012

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...vista64.aspx#1

any idea why they leave the ( presumably older ) beta driver on the page?
umma gumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 12, 22:23   #193
DurgeDriven

Default AfterBurner v2.2.4

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
Old 12 October 12, 05:47   #194
DurgeDriven

Default 306.97 - whql

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/49949
Old 20 October 12, 22:33   #195
Andy 22673

Default Black Screen during ATI driver uninstall

I have a issue when updating drivers on my system. During the catalyst/driver uninstall my screen goes black and it does not tell me to reboot my computer. I half to manually push the button to shut the computer down and restart. This has been happening for a while. Currently I have the 12.9 beta installed. I'm running a Ivy Bridge 3570k system with a HD7850 GPU and Window7. Any help with this issue would be great.

Thanks,

Andy

I am running driver sweeper as well.
Andy 22673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 12, 12:54   #196
DurgeDriven

Default 310.33 - beta

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...&postcount=191

Well R310 is out
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/50294

" Goodbye 6 and 7 series it was fun but no one loves you anymore " .....

lopl
Old 24 October 12, 13:11   #197
ColdBrain
Donated

LOL I remember the old days when the 6600GT was considered one of the best all-around cards... Poor me had no money for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy 22673 View Post
I have a issue when updating drivers on my system. During the catalyst/driver uninstall my screen goes black and it does not tell me to reboot my computer. I half to manually push the button to shut the computer down and restart. This has been happening for a while. Currently I have the 12.9 beta installed. I'm running a Ivy Bridge 3570k system with a HD7850 GPU and Window7. Any help with this issue would be great.

Thanks,

Andy

I am running driver sweeper as well.
I have the same issue and a search told me it was a mobo BIOS issue... For now what you can do is to install Windows standard VGA driver, reset (screen will go black), then you proceed as normal with uninstalling Catalyst, rebooting into safe mode, cleaning drivers, rebooting again and installing the new Catalyst drivers. Worked for me to get an error-free install.

BTW Driver Sweeper is outdated, look for its successor - Driver Fusion.
ColdBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 12, 21:46   #198
Andy 22673

Thanks Zpectre,

I saw the thread on the bios update as well so I flashed my AsRock Z77 Extreme4 with the latest version but have not noticed a change. On the next uninstall I'll try the VGA trick.
Andy 22673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 12, 09:38   #199
DurgeDriven

Default 310.54 - beta

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/51747
Old 20 November 12, 16:43   #200
niko060206

hallo guys ,perhaps you are a good help for me ,nobody has been capable to help me until now.From two months,I need to reinstall the nvidia drivers every 4 or 5 time that I turn off and I turn on the desktop ,because it has deteriorated,in other words ,long time to charge the page ,while I open internet the cursor stops and slows ,and when you go in the control pannel don't see the invidia drivers ,in fact there are no more (not in program files ), you try to reinstall and not is possible ,you must go in safe mode unistall the old drivers and after reinstall all ,now works normally until after 4 or 5 times.....somebody can help me please ?
niko060206 is offline   Reply With Quote