NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > NFS : Shift 2

Old 28 March 12, 03:21   #1051
Kaerar

That's like the equivalent of CoD's zombie mode for Shift 2

Imagine all those mid-life crises chasing after you....
Kaerar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 12, 02:16   #1052
WinnerSD47

hanssluiter, Just throw texture of vinyls, we'll add them into the game.

ermo, I wanted to say that the problem of Crash in a career not because of mods. With Ferrari California the same thing.
WinnerSD47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 12, 18:57   #1053
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Is model export for SHIFT 2 possible with zmodeler?
Aldarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 12, 19:29   #1054
dimosbmw

I need some help editing tyres width.
I am editing e.g audi_s3.VDFM

00000054-00000057 = 1F 85 6B 3E = 3E 6B 85 1F = 0.23 // FL Tyre Width (float value)
00000058-0000005B = 0A D7 23 3F = 3F 23 D7 0A = 0.64 // FL Tyre height (float value)
I change the value in 0.25 = 3E 80 00 00 = 00 00 80 3E and save the file.
Result = No ingame changes

So i find out audi_s3_tire.VUD
<stage level="0" width="75" height="64" type="TW1" compound="1"
rear_width="75" rear_height="64" rear_type="TW1" rear_compound="1" />

I change width="75" to something bigger eg 95 not in stage level="0" but in an upgrade level eg level=2
Result: when i upgrade to level 2 tyres then i have new width so i think OK

But this does't working in all vehicles.
I need to know the comparison of the values in these 2 files. I mean 0.23=0.23m=230mm?? and if so then what the value 75 in VUD file means?
So if somebody can help me i will appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
dimosbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 12, 20:01   #1055
dimosbmw

Thank you JDougNY for the clear and quick answer.
Old 4 April 12, 03:04   #1056
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDougNY View Post
Yes, export as Shift1. You'll have to manually configure some of the shaders for your materials. Zmodeler can only process the shaders for Shift 1, and has not been updated for any of the new shaders in Shift 2.
Thanks.

I'm very new to using zmodeler but I have successfully brought a minor model edit into the game. But I have a problem.

I have edited a new wing onto the rx7 boot. After positioning it it looks good. I exported just the wing and added it into the rx7 body vud.

Here you can see it in game with the error. From what it looks like it hasn't taken the movement and rotation adjustments that I had done previously.

Upon reimport into zmodeler I have found that the wing has reset its position back to the default from what it was on the Toyota Supra. From what it looks like it could be an anchor (or bone? I'm not sure, haven't done model editing in years) problem. Anyone got any idea?
Old 4 April 12, 05:07   #1057
M12 Warthog
Banned

^^
When you moving the wing, its also move the pivot. You should moving back the pivot to center (red dot)
M12 Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 12, 07:19   #1058
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by M12 Warthog View Post
^^
When you moving the wing, its also move the pivot. You should moving back the pivot to center (red dot)
Quote:
Yes, as Warthog had stated, you need to reset your axes (pivot) on the object that you moved in Zmodeler, prior to exporting.
Thanks guys, got it working. I appreciate your help.
Old 4 April 12, 09:32   #1059
ermo

Default RX-8 MazdaSpeed Rear Spoiler for stage 1 body kit?

Would one of you modelling gurus be open to the idea of creating a rear spoiler for the RX-8 in the MazdaSpeed design as shown here?

I've always found it strange that it wasn't part of the RX-8 stage 1 body kit...

Last edited by ermo; 4 April 12 at 18:40. Reason: nitpick
ermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 12, 05:01   #1060
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Me again with another problem. After successfully adding a new wing to the RX-7 I tried adding a wing to a car that doesn't have a .meb file dedicated to the wing (Silvia S15). I added the wing meb into the body vud but the game does not want to load it. Is there some values I need to change in order to get it to accept an additional meb file?
Old 5 April 12, 15:39   #1061
ermo

Default How to make JSGME automagically back up and remove files on mod activation

Just a quick note that if your UCP compatible JSGME add-on mod requires removing stock game files, all you need to do is to include an empty version of the file you want to remove and tack on '-remove' to its file extension (thanks to darkcyde for the tip):

If you wanted to remove e.g the file <s2u_install>\some\folder\yourcarname.vhf.bml, you'd include an empty file called named <your mod>\some\folder\yourcarname.vhf.bml-remove in your mod folder structure and JSGME will take care of creating a backup of the file in question and move it out of the appropriate <s2u install> folder.

This makes the install process mostly hands off, which is usally a 'Good Thing(tm)', as you will be testing the same install experience as your users will see.

In fact, the UCP itself includes a couple of such files in <s2u install>\MODS\<UCP folder>\TOCFiles\ if you want to see a working example.

P.S. Thank you for the wing, JDoug!
P.P.S JDoug, if you are poking around in S2U and the UCP, perhaps you could let me know if there are more files that you'd personally recommend unpacking and dummying out in addition to the ones that we already unpack?

Last edited by ermo; 5 April 12 at 16:22.
Old 5 April 12, 19:14   #1062
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Quote:
- Deactivate the "yourcarname.vhf.bml" file for the car by renaming to "yourcarname.vhf.bml.bak"

- Edit the *.vhf file (the text based file), adding in your new wing meb under a new Matrix ID #. Also revise the "Heirarchy" line by incrementing "matrices" and "subobjects" (+1 for each) for your new meb

- Go to the "..\Vehicles\physics\collision\" folder and locate the collision file for your car named "yourcarname.xml". increment the value in this line by +1
Code:
        <prop name="Shapes" elements="xx">
Then copy an existing data block for a wing, paste in correctly and rename for your new meb

- Call for the new meb in the body VUD file for the upgrade stage of your choosing
Worked perfectly, thanks
After smashing my head against my desk for about an hour trying to figure out what I did wrong, it turns out I was missing a bracket.
Old 8 April 12, 12:43   #1063
Krieger22

Since my previous question got missed in the excitement over the Ferraris (I can understand ), I'd like to ask again: Is it possible to add custom vinyls into the game? If yes, how? The community vinyl section seems pretty empty...
Krieger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 12, 23:03   #1064
RiZzo444

Tell me please, where are the decals manufacturers?
RiZzo444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 12, 09:45   #1065
RiZzo444

Quote:
If you're referring to the manufacturer logos, they are located in the following folders
"...\GUI\manufacturerlogo_big\.."
and
"...\GUI\manufacturerlogos\.."

If you have unpacked "GUIMANUFACTURERLOGO_BIG.bff" and "GUIMANUFACTURERLOGOS.bff", you should have the files.
Big thanks!

One more question. I replace the winker textures on Silvia S14 (nissan_s14a_misc_diffuse.dds, nissan_s14a_misc_specular.dds). I save in DDS as was, import this texture in Nissan_S14A.bff and when i want to see this car in the game, the game does not load a car, infinite loading.
Tell me please, how to replace the texture in cars?
Sorry for my English, thanks.
Old 9 April 12, 15:49   #1066
RiZzo444

2JDougNY
You really helped me, thank you very much! it works

Last edited by RiZzo444; 9 April 12 at 18:43.
Old 10 April 12, 11:09   #1067
dequaded

Prompt please where is prescribed sources of the files. For instance where there is record that about for gearbox answers the file common.gdf and for engine aston_martin_db9.edf. I think this base whole. Also I moded Aston Martin DB9, BMW M6 and Porsche GT3RS in accordance with original - an engine and gearbox. Porsche GT3RS is near 7.50 in Nordschlaife - its like in real life. Aston Martin DBS and DB9 is use one engine file. This does impossible an installing the different power beside cars DBS - 510 and DB9 - 444 HP. Thanks to community Shift 2 become to a nice simulator of a stock cars.
dequaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 12, 15:08   #1068
dequaded

Colossal thanks to you JDougNY!!! If you have written in which file specified .vdfm, my gratitude would be infinite.
Old 10 April 12, 15:48   #1069
dequaded

This is terrible - to communicate in a foreign language especially if you do not know it. You understand me not quite exactly. But I understand you very well Its in .crd file in line Vehicle Physics Model and come without expansion like a porsche_997gt3rs, not like porsche_997gt3rs.vdfm. Thank to You JDougNY!!!
Old 11 April 12, 17:45   #1070
RiZzo444

Is it possible to create a new category of decals? I want to use my personal stickers.
Thanks.
Old 11 April 12, 18:46   #1071
LUSITANER

Does anybody know how the opponent-choosing system works? i think it is based on car performance indicator plus the car class, so it wont put a 900PI modern road car against a 900PI gtx car.... but this ends in boring races where if you use a pagani zonda r all the opponents will be goddamn Radicals.

What i wanted to know is where can i change the car class and base PI of each model in game so that i have a bigger variety of opponents.?
LUSITANER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 12, 19:29   #1072
LUSITANER

Quote:
You change the car class in the CRD file.
You change the base PI by editing the statistics MRDF, which requires the use of a hex editor. You'll also want to use my translation of the MRDF file to know what addresses to edit in the file. My translations thread is stickied.

BTW - I just tried a "same class" quick race with a stock Zonda R and got a decent mix of cars.
Thanks for the answer, however as im new into modding shift 2 (packed btw) where can i find the MRDF file? I unpacked Lamborghini_reventon.bff and i see no MRDF in... do you know in which bff it is or do i need to unpack the game?

O btw - about your decent mix of cars, maybe thats because you have speedhunters pack which adds more gtx cars... by default i think shift 2 only has 2 gtx vehicles
LUSITANER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 12, 17:02   #1073
ermo

+1 to JDoug's post and in addition:

I would advise you to create a custom mod in <s2u install>\MODS\<your custom mod> and copy <s2u install>\path\to\file into <s2u install>\MODS\<your custom mod>\path\to\file\ and edit it there and activate and test it.

That way you build your changes step-by-step and you can always do a comparison test with the unmodified UCP.
Old 12 April 12, 19:26   #1074
ropo

Default Stock wheels and uprated tires

When upgrading tires in-game I would like to keep the factory wheels on some cars. Can anyone tell me which .xml file I would need to tweak to do so? Or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks in advance.
ropo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 12, 05:51   #1075
RiZzo444

Hi. Help me please! I have a problem. I made a sticker on the windows and livery for the silvia s14. Added the path in the files RCF. In the game livery is working, everything is ok, But the stickers on the windows are not displayed. I've done on these instructions http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=258368 , http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...&postcount=182
Old 13 April 12, 06:20   #1076
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Some of the windows on various kits don't paint on correctly. The Silvia S14A is one of them.
Old 13 April 12, 13:31   #1077
Aerex
Uploader

Audi R8 front bumper without canards requested by Chainspoon
Attached Files
File Type: rar Audi R8.rar (80.9 KB, 19 views)
Aerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 12, 14:35   #1078
RiZzo444

Someone has Silvia S15 without a rear wing? Give me please.
Old 13 April 12, 23:56   #1079
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Hey guys, I've been messing with wheel replacement/edits and I've got a bit of a problem. I've edited the wheel to have more 'dish' but it ends up clipping into the brake rotor.

Is there a way for me to push the rotor + brakes back without editing any meb files? (This wheel replaces the standard wheels on the car)
Old 14 April 12, 02:17   #1080
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

I've edited the meb files accordingly for the stock brakes but once upgraded they swing back to normal position (in race mode as well).
Old 14 April 12, 02:35   #1081
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Yeah I see it now. I was running into problems adjusting the offset with the structure that they have placed for upgrades on the tires.
Old 14 April 12, 09:57   #1082
RiZzo444

Matt Powers 2011

Old 14 April 12, 14:44   #1083
RiZzo444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldarris View Post
Hey guys, I've been messing with wheel replacement/edits and I've got a bit of a problem. I've edited the wheel to have more 'dish' but it ends up clipping into the brake rotor.

Is there a way for me to push the rotor + brakes back without editing any meb files? (This wheel replaces the standard wheels on the car)
wow! nice wheel! When release?
Old 16 April 12, 07:33   #1084
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiZzo444 View Post
wow! nice wheel! When release?
When it's done I'll think about releasing it.

-

I'm not sure if many people care about little details like this but I added a visible intercooler to the FD RX-7.

I'll put up a link if people are interested.
Old 16 April 12, 08:18   #1085
kochanie2106
Uploader

It rocks. Nice "little Detail"...
Im interested...
kochanie2106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 12, 11:07   #1086
RiZzo444

I was also interested in..
Old 16 April 12, 12:27   #1087
chainspoon

So am I.But I think it would be more realistic if the colour of the intercooler is a little darker.
chainspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 12, 15:11   #1088
RiZzo444

S15 Boso Garage
Old 16 April 12, 15:58   #1089
peter_muffay

is it possible to raise the shadow resolution? Especially those little shadows around the car-chassis are of low res.
peter_muffay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 12, 21:06   #1090
RiZzo444

it is possible to apply ingame stickers on the windshield?
Old 17 April 12, 01:01   #1091
simmaniac87

I've been trying to set up a duplicate R8 Spyder that runs Michelins ala Aerex's tire mod but I also want it to run different racing liveries so it doesn't have Yokohama sponsors. I've got the car to show up with the right tires by making a new .crd and having it direct to the tire .vud. What do I have to change to get it to use a new .rcf and _hr.rcf file?

So i tried to copy the file format of Falken 997 and it loads the new .rcf files but its stuck on endlessly trying to load the model

Last edited by simmaniac87; 17 April 12 at 05:22.
simmaniac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 12, 01:13   #1092
Kaerar

Aldarris I care about the little details like that, especially on RX-7's (though now I have a 2.5l TT Soarer in my shed instead ). That Front mount looks epic! I wonder if the FC could get similar love...
Kaerar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 12, 17:10   #1093
Ishigami

Hey guys I'm currently working on repaint for the C6R and I would like to use the rims of the Z06R for it.
Would anyone be so kind and tell me how to do that?

I hope something like that is possible by editing a config file or something of that sort.
Ishigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 12, 18:22   #1094
Ishigami

Oh okay... that is probably beyond my skills... well at least now I know. Thanks!
Ishigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 12, 19:01   #1095
Dmitrij85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldarris View Post
When it's done I'll think about releasing it.

-

I'm not sure if many people care about little details like this but I added a visible intercooler to the FD RX-7.

I'll put up a link if people are interested.
I am interested
Dmitrij85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 12, 00:30   #1096
simmaniac87

That worked like a charm! Thank you so much JDougNY!
simmaniac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 12, 23:22   #1097
Aldarris
Idontfinishanyth

Here is the rx7 intercooler change.

**FOR UNPACKED GAME** Files go in the vehicles/mazda_rx7/ folder. As always backup your files beforehand.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9r7uy8wm8czvbpo

I have not edited LODC as it is quite a pain to edit it. So at extreme distances you will not see the blue from the piping.
Old 19 April 12, 03:20   #1098
patrickptk2009

hi guys! i am braziliam and i dont speak english too...
but i need help, i curently unpacked my shift 2 with patch 1.02(dlc's) but when i will play i search for the dlc's tracks and it just desapears after unpack.
so,i need a fix for this,if any know to place dlc's tracks in unpacked game please tell me i need to play in the new tracks with ferrari mods!
thx guys!
patrickptk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 12, 11:54   #1099
Aerex
Uploader

Audi R8 Spyder works body mod requested by chainspoon
Attached Files
File Type: rar R8S.rar (207.3 KB, 17 views)
Aerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 12, 13:51   #1100
dimosbmw

Is there any way to remove the shake of the mirrors, wipers and bonnet while the car is revving up?
I think that this feature make the car seems (optical) scattered. My opinion.