NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Console Racing > Gran Turismo Series

Old 5 March 12, 13:52   #1
Leper Messiah

Default What exactly are PD doing

I still check out GTPs news page and it's like tumbleweed....nothing really new or exciting at all. That can mean two things:

1) they're hard at work beavering away at cool new content.

2) they're hard at work beavering away at new content I'll probably hate.

I'm still hoping it'll be 1.....praying for a classic track pack to inject some interest back in the game.

I've given up on standing starts tho......seems that's beyond PD for whatever reason.
Leper Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 12, 14:00   #2
Kazumi

I hope there's a new Tourist Trophy for PS3 and Vita

gaming lacks good bike games...
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 12, 14:38   #3
kamikaze666

i do nothing but standing starts, loving it.
kamikaze666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 12, 16:28   #4
Leper Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi View Post
I hope there's a new Tourist Trophy for PS3 and Vita

gaming lacks good bike games...
totally agree, TT is damn good on PS2 and an updated game on PS3 would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze666 View Post
i do nothing but standing starts, loving it.
Is that online? Only offline races that do standing starts are the single makes and that can get boring.
Old 5 March 12, 16:53   #5
kamikaze666

offcourse, join the only fun but watch out for wreckers!
Old 5 March 12, 17:54   #6
Leper Messiah

Quote:
offcourse, join the only fun but watch out for wreckers!
I only play offline, I want the option too!
Old 6 March 12, 12:44   #7
LittleZippyUK
Resident Drifter

*COUGH*Bathurst*COUGH*
LittleZippyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 12, 15:00   #8
Leper Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleZippyUK View Post
*COUGH*Bathurst*COUGH*
For real?..now THAT would get me back into it big time, I'm loving the Pcars version even though it's still not near finished.
Old 6 March 12, 21:30   #9
LittleZippyUK
Resident Drifter

I must mention these are LOCAL RUMOURS

Full story on the planet:

http://www.gtplanet.net/local-rumour...canned-for-gt/
Old 7 March 12, 08:32   #10
Leper Messiah

Quote:
I must mention these are LOCAL RUMOURS

Full story on the planet:

http://www.gtplanet.net/local-rumour...canned-for-gt/
Ah could be for GT6....hmmmmm I'll monitor this closely.
Old 10 March 12, 12:37   #11
JumpStart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
Ah could be for GT6....hmmmmm I'll monitor this closely.
At least I'll have time for GT6 since I could be retired when relelased...LOL!
JumpStart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 12, 15:00   #12
LittleZippyUK
Resident Drifter

More news - http://www.gtplanet.net/bathurst-scanned-for-gt6/
Old 12 March 12, 19:33   #13
Leper Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpStart View Post
At least I'll have time for GT6 since I could be retired when relelased...LOL!
I'd retire on your avatar piccie!

Quote:
oh well, GT6 will HAVE to be utterly awesome for me to risk getting it.
Old 13 March 12, 02:39   #14
markspeed

Quote:
I'd retire on your avatar piccie!

oh well, GT6 will HAVE to be utterly awesome for me to risk getting it.

Don't you recall saying this about GT5? I recall a whole lot of people saying this about GT5. I recall saying this about GT4. And I would not have picked that game up at all. But, my lovely sweetheart picked it up and suprised me with it on my birthday. I never look a gift horse in the mouth. And fortunately for both of us, I ground a lot of fun out of that game, as terrible as the A.I. was, and the tirewear, and the lack of day night change, I still enjoyed the challenge of doing all three 24 hour races. I didn't do them in real time, I used the pause button every two hours. I kept a log with pace notes and such at Gttimes.com. But GT5 failed to interest me. And I'm pretty sure GT6 will also. It's no longer about GT for me. That ship sailed in 2007.

It's now about somebody taking the fight to Forza. Untill someone does, so long as Turn 10 keep the development forward focused, that's where I'll stay. And I don't think Sony have the chops to up the development game anymore. All they focus on is graphics.
markspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 12, 10:26   #15
Leper Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspeed View Post
Don't you recall saying this about GT5? I recall a whole lot of people saying this about GT5. I recall saying this about GT4. And I would not have picked that game up at all. But, my lovely sweetheart picked it up and suprised me with it on my birthday. I never look a gift horse in the mouth. And fortunately for both of us, I ground a lot of fun out of that game, as terrible as the A.I. was, and the tirewear, and the lack of day night change, I still enjoyed the challenge of doing all three 24 hour races. I didn't do them in real time, I used the pause button every two hours. I kept a log with pace notes and such at Gttimes.com. But GT5 failed to interest me. And I'm pretty sure GT6 will also. It's no longer about GT for me. That ship sailed in 2007.

It's now about somebody taking the fight to Forza. Untill someone does, so long as Turn 10 keep the development forward focused, that's where I'll stay. And I don't think Sony have the chops to up the development game anymore. All they focus on is graphics.
Nah, I never said that about GT5, GT5 made me say that I'll think twice about GT6.

I was actually really looking forward to GT5 and was waiting to get a PS3 just for the game. And that's what I did, got the GT5+PS3 bundle. Not next time!
Old 13 March 12, 11:46   #16
kamikaze666

If gt6 comes to ps3 again and not ps4 it will be another jaggy fest with lowres textures :/
Old 14 March 12, 11:04   #17
Leper Messiah

Quote:
If gt6 comes to ps3 again and not ps4 it will be another jaggy fest with lowres textures :/
good point, I'm presuming GT6 will be on PS4. I hope it is actually, the PS3 was clearly not powerful enough for Kaz's vision for the game.
Old 16 March 12, 12:44   #18
thewarmer

No way I will be buying a PS4 Sony have laid their store out a few years back now,its all about Flashy Graphics & rehashed game's,also DLC is going to get worse before people finally have enough of it & stop buying lack luster products.

Also were is the market going to be for a new high priced consol with almost ever person on a normal income seeing wage's dropping & living cost's rising.

PS history as always been two versions of the GT series per PS life span I would be surprised if the changed that maybe they should go for lower setting & less cars & only Prem crop B-spec & dumping photo mode & the pointless special events.

Add more real world tracks & the classic GT tracks of the past tweak the AI & add better sounds.

GT needs a revamp it no longer as the Consol racing market to its self anymore & other do not take 7 year plus to make a game, I think they have done more damage with the way PD have handled the whole GT5 up's & down to have a big impact of the next series in the game what ever format it turn up on.

Turn Ten or Simply Mad studieo's could over take GT in the near future if PD fail to take on board all the faults that GT6 has shown up in just over 13 months or so.

So far for me the whole PS3 system as been a big fail yes its is a good media player but Game,s are too high priced for my pockets.

Most of my gaming is still on the PC games are more of a normal world price & for the most part came out for all formats but do not cost 60 or 70 Euros like Consol games do.

As for performance issue with in GT6 there are no excuses that Kaz & PD can hide behind,why stick with setting that were limited by the lack of hardware to run it,most people would drop the setting down to a leval where it worked with out too many issues.

No doubt this could have been done & that game would have still looked good its just the arrogance of PD's & that's the way they have handled all the issues so far, this is the way we are going to do this so just put up with it.

Still this is very much repeating what as been said before,Have a nice weekend all.
thewarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 12, 13:49   #19
Leper Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarmer View Post
No way I will be buying a PS4 Sony have laid their store out a few years back now,its all about Flashy Graphics & rehashed game's,also DLC is going to get worse before people finally have enough of it & stop buying lack luster products.

Also were is the market going to be for a new high priced consol with almost ever person on a normal income seeing wage's dropping & living cost's rising.

PS history as always been two versions of the GT series per PS life span I would be surprised if the changed that maybe they should go for lower setting & less cars & only Prem crop B-spec & dumping photo mode & the pointless special events.

Add more real world tracks & the classic GT tracks of the past tweak the AI & add better sounds.

GT needs a revamp it no longer as the Consol racing market to its self anymore & other do not take 7 year plus to make a game, I think they have done more damage with the way PD have handled the whole GT5 up's & down to have a big impact of the next series in the game what ever format it turn up on.

Turn Ten or Simply Mad studieo's could over take GT in the near future if PD fail to take on board all the faults that GT6 has shown up in just over 13 months or so.

So far for me the whole PS3 system as been a big fail yes its is a good media player but Game,s are too high priced for my pockets.

Most of my gaming is still on the PC games are more of a normal world price & for the most part came out for all formats but do not cost 60 or 70 Euros like Consol games do.

As for performance issue with in GT6 there are no excuses that Kaz & PD can hide behind,why stick with setting that were limited by the lack of hardware to run it,most people would drop the setting down to a leval where it worked with out too many issues.

No doubt this could have been done & that game would have still looked good its just the arrogance of PD's & that's the way they have handled all the issues so far, this is the way we are going to do this so just put up with it.

Still this is very much repeating what as been said before,Have a nice weekend all.
I agree with all that except photo mode...I like photo mode! In fact it's one of the worst aspects of Forza 3 that I can't export photos because I don't have a Live gold account...thats sucks bigtime. There's a fricken USB slot on the damn XB360 let me put a memory stick in and xfer photos goddarn it!!
Old 4 April 12, 12:20   #20
epicname
Donated

played gt5 for the 1st time in ages. great fun lapping the nurburgring online. i cant complain
epicname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 12, 01:31   #21
markspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicname View Post
played gt5 for the 1st time in ages. great fun lapping the nurburgring online. i cant complain

I played Forza 4 for the first time in 3 days. I had tremndous fun lapping the Nurburgring in a Sonax Liveried AMG/Mercedes of my own making, both on and offline. I can complain! And often do!
Old 5 April 12, 13:07   #22
Jimmy The Fox

It seems they're preparing a GT Academy version/DLC pack.

I wonder if this will include Silverstone, all the cars and track challenges they use in the real Academy.
Jimmy The Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 12, 13:56   #23
BLeeKii

Tourismo lost me when they brought out that abomination called GT4 & GT3 was the only reason I bought the PS2 in the first place.
Luckily I found TT Suprbike Real Road Racing & then privately imported the 2 follow-on's other wise I would've thrown out my PSony long ago.
Needless to say Ive moved onto PC gaming & will never waste my money on a console again!
Great memories & thanks for the introduction to something bigger & better Kaz'
BLeeKii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 12, 15:23   #24
Leper Messiah

I still have a butchers at the GTP news page every now and then.....got to be the most boring news page ever if I'm honest. Seems to bang on about the GT academy stuff more than the actual game!
Old 8 April 12, 13:40   #25
PorscheDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy The Fox View Post
It seems they're preparing a GT Academy version/DLC pack.

I wonder if this will include Silverstone, all the cars and track challenges they use in the real Academy
hope so
PorscheDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 12, 14:06   #26
freejrs

Tourist Trophy 2 or get the funk out!!!!

Amazingly you'dve thought I would've leant my lesson after buying a PS3 for GT5 alone but I would actually buy another God damned PS3 just for TT2.

Yes I am mentally unstable at the best of times.
freejrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 12, 18:34   #27
markspeed

Quote:
if I'm honest.

NO, lie to us!
Old 10 April 12, 13:58   #28
Leper Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by freejrs View Post
Tourist Trophy 2 or get the funk out!!!!

Amazingly you'dve thought I would've leant my lesson after buying a PS3 for GT5 alone but I would actually buy another God damned PS3 just for TT2.

Yes I am mentally unstable at the best of times.
I'd get TT2 in an instant as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspeed View Post
NO, lie to us!
ok....it's an interesting news page that constantly drags me away from the WMD forums!
Old 12 April 12, 12:13   #29
thewarmer

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...886cd9a37d2c3f

Looks Like Sony are in deep DOO DOO,& are losing vast amounts of money.

This sheds some more light on why things have been the way they have.

Though TV sales are the biggest loser it read pritty much like they have struggled across the bored.

Do not get yours hopes up for a PS4 anytime soon,you never know maybe they will sell PD off, ok maybe that is just a joke.
thewarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 12, 14:59   #30
Shinzah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarmer View Post
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...886cd9a37d2c3f

Looks Like Sony are in deep DOO DOO,& are losing vast amounts of money.

This sheds some more light on why things have been the way they have.

Though TV sales are the biggest loser it read pritty much like they have struggled across the bored.

Do not get yours hopes up for a PS4 anytime soon,you never know maybe they will sell PD off, ok maybe that is just a joke.
Sony isn't the only mega-corporation thats suffered large losses for the past four years. Hardly news, they predicted a 220b yen loss, and made a mistake, and counted a 550b yen loss instead. Yeah its alot of money. But its not going to destroy the company.
Shinzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 12, 18:14   #31
markspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
Sony isn't the only mega-corporation thats suffered large losses for the past four years. Hardly news, they predicted a 220b yen loss, and made a mistake, and counted a 550b yen loss instead. Yeah its alot of money. But its not going to destroy the company.

I wouldn't be so sure. Many a company have seemed ok and that they would continue on their merry way, than suddenly collapsed like a house of cards in a breeze. Enron, Sega. Fortunately for us Sega is still around, but in a severely diminished capacity. Kodak. Saturn, Pontiac.

Probably some others I can't recall.

Sony need to get back to the basics. They need to get back to what made them the successful industry leader oh so many decades ago. I think Sony have gotten too big for their bridges. They are not going to topple Apple's cool factor, so they need to go the other direction. They need to get back to making stuff for the tech geeks. Stop trying to milk the mindless masses like Apple does with high design, and mega prices. Make high quality affordable kit for the geek. Real geeks don't abla "Cool Factor" thanks the stuff of the brainless windtunnel tested hairdo D-bags. Geeks rock features, content, multi-functional stuff that confuse the mindless masses. This is what launched Sony in the late 70's early 80's. I know cause I owned about half of them. My first Sony, was the original My First Sony. I think it was like 1978. I was a loyal Sony guy almost all my life. But Samsung have stolen my business from them by making better products at lower prices.

And Samsung is about to steal me away from Sandisk too. Cause those pesky Koreans are the only ones that make a MP3 player that lets you actually change the battery. What a concept. Apple can take their use and throw it away garbage and well, throw it away. I'd like to have battery life, and be able to change it out too. I'd like to keep using my device long after the battery won't hold a charge.

At least Sandisk will let you upgrade the storage capacity. Majorly Geek Friendly! Unlike Sony and Apple. I recall even the Zune's storage was not upgradeable. Shame on Bill Gates not making the Zune Geek friendly. That's probably why it failed. Tried to make it too much like the Die-pod.

Samsung= players with just about everything you want. Long batt life. Changeable batt. Large capacity. Upgradeable capacity. 3 design sizes. 5.0, 4.0 and 3.6 display sizes. Which also determine the size of the device. Who wants a quarter dollar sized mp3 with short batt life, no upgradeability, no changeable batt, and terrible sound quality. Not a geek that's for sure.

Ok, now I've turned my rant into a Samsung commercial. Sorry everyone. I'm just fed up with Sony, that's all. They used to be my port of call in the sea of techno-geekdom. Now there like a demilitarized Zune. Pun partially intended!
Old 27 April 12, 18:54   #32
edubz123

Nintendo also had their 1st quarterly loss ever (nearly half billion $USD).

Console/handheld guys need to (re)figure out their market niche and come up with something.

Agree w/ Markspeed, Korean companies are moving up the ladder creeping into traditional Japanese levels.
edubz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 12, 02:32   #33
cool3865

so did PD give up on the game?? i thought they were going to release a car pack every 2 months but its been forever since the last one
cool3865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 12, 17:00   #34
kamikaze666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool3865 View Post
so did PD give up on the game?? i thought they were going to release a car pack every 2 months but its been forever since the last one
Yea because gt5 has a shortage on cars

Of anything gt5 needs more tracks, they used the track generator as an excuse to give the game a poor amount of tracks and ugly outdated ones.

Old 9 May 12, 17:31   #35
Kazumi

What PD doing is the GT Academy and there will be one new track, Motegi

http://www.gtplanet.net/new-motegi-s...ewards-in-gt5/

So apart from that I wouldn't expect new content until July.
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 12, 01:29   #36
cool3865

Quote:
Yea because gt5 has a shortage on cars

Of anything gt5 needs more tracks, they used the track generator as an excuse to give the game a poor amount of tracks and ugly outdated ones.

well most of the 1,000 cars are different trims, FM4 is getting close to 1,000 cars and they are still doing 10 cars every month
cool3865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 12, 15:39   #37
Leper Messiah

Too little far too late for me, I now have a Fanatec CSR to use with F3 and F4 when I get it. GT is more or less dead to me now, and that is something I NEVER thought I'd say.