NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Warthog Games > Richard Burns Rally

Old 29 April 12, 15:00   #1
rafa281

Default Can't save my controller settings

Hi there,

I've just intalled RBR and what happens is I can't save my controller settings. I have to set it all up again everytime I run the game because they go back to default.

Anyone had/has this problem? PLease help!!!
rafa281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 12, 15:55   #2
Kazumi

Make sure it asks you to save / overwrite while leaving the set-up menu.

That way ingame (while racing) changes are never saved (for example sound balance) if you leave.

Or save your profile manually.
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 12, 17:40   #3
rafa281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi View Post
Make sure it asks you to save / overwrite while leaving the set-up menu.

That way ingame (while racing) changes are never saved (for example sound balance) if you leave.

Or save your profile manually.
I do choose to save when prompted while leaving the options menu. That's the problem, even then the game won't save my controller settings after I quit to the desktop. When I run the game again and go into the controller settings it's all back to default.

Doing some research on the net I've found out that you must untick the read-only box of the game folder. That doesn't work either.

I'm stuck!
Old 29 April 12, 20:32   #4
Kazumi

Mhh... please try if it saves sound or one of the other settings.

It might be that RBR detects one controller device as new if you use more then 1... but that wouldn't return to the default settings as far as I know
Old 29 April 12, 23:44   #5
rafa281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi View Post
Mhh... please try if it saves sound or one of the other settings.

It might be that RBR detects one controller device as new if you use more then 1... but that wouldn't return to the default settings as far as I know
Yes, it's saving all the other configurations, except for the controller setup. I use manual gear changing for instance and default is auto, this setting(manual gears) is being saved.
But I don't have any other controler(s) plugged in.

If at least I knew of a file that refers somewhere in it to the controllers maybe I could find a solution but I can't find anything like that in the game's folders.

By the way, I'm using Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64 bits, but all my other games work normally(using win7 compatibility mode) and I've had this issue before even back in the Win XP days.
Old 30 April 12, 17:08   #6
Huno

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa281 View Post
Hi there,

I've just intalled RBR and what happens is I can't save my controller settings. I have to set it all up again everytime I run the game because they go back to default.

Anyone had/has this problem? PLease help!!!
Why don't you start RBR with RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe instead? It worked for me.

Regards
Huno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 12, 17:35   #7
rafa281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huno View Post
Why don't you start RBR with RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe instead? It worked for me.

Regards
No go.

Thx anyway!
Old 30 April 12, 17:54   #8
rafa281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huno View Post

Regards
Ok, problem solved, but the one that worked for me was the ...NoSSE.exe.

Thx a bunch guys!!
Old 5 May 12, 10:51   #9
Skython

I'm on Windows 7, and none of these have worked. Mine still sits me on Automatic when I want manual, and the controller settings have to be redone every time I start RBR. I've tried it with SSE.exe, and NoSSE.exe. Can someone possibly lend out a hoof to help?

And while I'm on the topic of RBR doing weird things, screenshots saved via F11 seem to be saved nowhere. It says that it has saved them but there isn't a screenshot folder in RBR, so I don't know where they are.
Skython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 12, 15:34   #10
Kazumi

Screenshots should be in RBR main folder but as far as I can see it's some issue with write access if both don't work properly.

IIRC people said not to install it in program files folder. But maybe that still don't help, I dunno
Old 6 May 12, 06:12   #11
Skython

Where do you have it installed. Because you got yours to work, so if I follow you I could probably get it working. The Screenshots sorted themselvs out, because I made a Screenshots folder and they start appearing in there.
Skython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 12, 17:43   #12
Huno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skython View Post
Where do you have it installed. Because you got yours to work, so if I follow you I could probably get it working. The Screenshots sorted themselvs out, because I made a Screenshots folder and they start appearing in there.
Usually RBR is installed directly in C, not in the program files folder.

Regards
Huno is offline   Reply With Quote