NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > General Discussion > Computech

View Poll Results: [Logitech G27] or [Fanatec GT3 RS V2+CSR Elite pedals]?
Logitech G27 15 65.22%
GT3 RS V2+CSR E pedals 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 April 12, 08:14   #1
Vaselkov

Question [Logitech G27] vs [GT3 RS V2+CSR Elite pedals]

I want to upgrade my old MOMO Racing wheel with one of these two wheels. So I am asking your opinion/experiance about G27 and GT3 RS V2+CSR E pedals. If you have one of these please say all positive and negative things.

I heard bad things about Fanatec's wheels quality and support, but they have much more realistic FFB and pedals is just in another level, I think. In my country Logitech wheel would be a little bit cheaper than Fanatec's. Also I really prefer durability, because I can't spend so much money every 1-2 years on a wheel.

I would love to hear your opinions.
Vaselkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 12, 11:19   #2
guybo

I had CSP's and they are very expensive and shoddily built. I had to take them apart regularly and had to replace the hall sensors several times. For every race I won with that terrific load cell brake, I lost 2 because the gas wasn't working right or the clutch was screwed up or that wonderful brake wasn't working. After 1 year they failed and I never bothered to fix them. Just too much hassle so I threw away $220 only to get 1 year out of them. If you are not mechanically inclined you won't be able to use them after a couple months. Also, they had a problem with not being detected by my system- this happened almost daily. So I'd get in game, fid a game online or start an offline race, go to press the gas and nothing happens... no pedals AGAIN

G27 + nixim mod. I had a G25 for 5 years and I was really tossed up between getting a G27 and getting the T500 RS I finally ended up with. The g27 will last much better.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 08:24   #3
DurgeDriven

I was just online with another guy telling me they wont replace his just out of warranty CSR either.

I waited 2 weeks for replacement for faulty brand new carrera ( garbage quality control )

I have made official complaint with Fair Trading over them.

They also only offer only 1/2 the warranty everyone else gets.
Any other country I know of you get 2 years warranty on a Carrera.

You never have to show Logitech anything.
They send a replacement wheel without question ASAP .....as it should be.
DurgeDriven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 09:17   #4
Sphinx666

I accidentally voted for the G27 so -1 sorry
The Fanatec wheel is equal in quality to the G27 but the CSR Elite pedals with or without the inversion kit are a bit better then the Logitech ones.
Sphinx666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 12, 10:49   #5
Beaverz

I trust Logitech more for long term reliability, so G27 it is.
Beaverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 12, 16:30   #6
bogdantw

Probably a late answer but I'll have a go at it anyway (might help someone else reading this).
First off - I voted for the Fanatec option.

Reason:
Like you, I had an old Logitech wheel and was looking for an upgrade.
Cost was an issue, so I wasn't aiming at anything too special or sophisticated.

My first choice was G25, which I bought used at a pretty decent price.
Initial impressions were positive - huge step up from my old wheel, loved the pedals, the 900 degrees of rotation, much nicer feedback, responsiveness and overall quality.
Was not too impressed with the steering precision, still quite noisy, still random rumble vibrations, crackles, gearings etc. and still the constant feeling of a center deadzone (mostly when racing Shift 2).
Soon enough I started spending more time fiddling with settings than actual racing, and could never escape the nagging feeling that something is missing or "it doesn't feel right".

So I decided to try something different, pit it against the G25, keep the winner and sell the loser.
The model I found was GT3 RS with the (cheaper) CSR pedals.

After a quick setup I started up Shift2 and ... wow! If there is one word to summarize the experience it has to be "smoothness".
Everything I felt missing from G25, the Fanatec had in spades: no deadzone, no time wasted fiddling with settings, very silent, extremely precise and again ... silky smooth. Well, the choice was obvious and bye bye G25.

Now I find racing a much more enjoyable and richer experience than ever before and I'm feeling very pleased with the choice I made.
Hopefully the wheel will last for many years, but only time can tell (build quality wise I have nothing to complain about).

I still think the G25 is a very competent wheel and, for the price, it's hard to fault.
But wheels are subjective, so before settling for one make sure you try as many as possible. You'll never know which one is right for you.
bogdantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 12, 15:01   #7
edubz123

Logitech peripherals are so popular (just literally dominate the sim racing scene in terms of % population) that you will benefit from the large community with better driver support etc. as developers pay attention to G25/G27 users.

I've enjoyed my G27 for almost 2 years now, prices are now touching USD$200 so I think that's great value.
edubz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 12, 18:02   #8
Sphinx666

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubz123 View Post
Logitech peripherals are so popular (just literally dominate the sim racing scene in terms of % population) that you will benefit from the large community with better driver support etc. as developers pay attention to G25/G27 users.

I've enjoyed my G27 for almost 2 years now, prices are now touching USD$200 so I think that's great value.
Exactly. The G25/27 offers exactly the same experience as the Porsche or RS500 wheels at a lower price. The RS is twice the price of the G25/27 where I live and it offers the same value, and if you want the H shifter you have to pay some more. The Fanatec wheels are closer at the price but still some considerable amount of money more to have good pedals and sequential + H shifter.

I would describe the G25/27 as relatively cheap and very good. You can't beat that.
Sphinx666 is offline   Reply With Quote