NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Sector 3 Studios > Simbin Race Series

Old 29 April 12, 23:51   #1
rafa281

Default Skipping gears

Although I have an old MS Sidewinder usb wheel some people with G27 and TSWs have reported the same issue. Every now and then when I'm racing when
I change down a gear it is skipped so for instance, if I'm in 4th and change down to 3rd, instead it goes down to 2nd which usually sends me off the track.

I was having the same issue in rFactor which apparently was cured by changing the line "Repeat Shifts=" in my .plr file. I changed the default 0 value to 2 and haven't had the problem since. Is there a similar way of correcting this problem in Race 07/GTR Evo?

Thanx in advance!
rafa281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 12, 00:40   #2
Rumbly

I think it's in realism options by the name of "hold button for gear". Switch to OFF or 0 or whatever.
Rumbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 12, 02:08   #3
rafa281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbly View Post
I think it's in realism options by the name of "hold button for gear". Switch to OFF or 0 or whatever.
I've seen that option inside the controller advanced options, I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Thx a bunch!
Old 30 April 12, 02:32   #4
rafa281

Ok, just checked it and it was already off.

Thx anyway!
Old 2 May 12, 00:18   #5
rafa281

Guys, if any of you have any idea how I can fix this I would be over the moon about it. Because I have this game on Steam and I love playing it online, I recently acquired this MS wheel and like I said the problem was solved in both rFactor 1 and 2 by the line in my .P
PLRs mentioned in my thread starting message.

I couldn't find this same line in any Simbin title's .plr. So, please guys give me a hand because this game is the only one I play online. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thx in advance!!
Old 2 May 12, 01:35   #6
slickdevel

I have a DFGT that skipped gears on downshifts. The problem was a failed microswitch under the paddle, there was a small hole in the middle of the "dome", the moveable part of the switch, once replaced, no problem!
slickdevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 12, 01:52   #7
jgf

You may be experiencing "switch bounce" caused by stuttering of the contacts within the switch, this can occur on closing or opening of the switch. Some circuits are more susceptible to this than others, so your controller might work on fifty other computers but consistently cause you trouble.

You can try an aerosol contact cleaner (rarely works for bounce issues); replacing the switch (may get a better one, may get one much worse); or, if you're electronically inclined, an R/C network around the switch will fix the problem. A small, about 1k, resistor in series with the switch and capacitor, about 1uf, in parallel with it will absorb the spurious signal, giving a clean switch action.
jgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 12, 02:16   #8
rafa281

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdevel View Post
I have a DFGT that skipped gears on downshifts. The problem was a failed microswitch under the paddle, there was a small hole in the middle of the "dome", the moveable part of the switch, once replaced, no problem!
The thing is that not only have I solved the problem on both rFactors by modifying a line in my .plr but also I'm not having the same issue in Richard Burns Rally. There must be something else(I hope..).