NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > NFS : Shift

Old 25 October 11, 20:23   #251
Treebeard

Great Mod, thanks everyone for all the hard work.
It looks good and handles very well with my wheel.
A question, if I may, is the HD MOD already incorporated? If not, can it be added?
It already looks good, but as I have a fairly powerful PC, I may as well use it

Cheers.
Treebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 11, 01:34   #252
djotefsoup

Yep, you should be able to drop it right in at any point after you install the DLC (since it has skins/skinfixes for dlc cars).

Work slowly continues on this thing, lots of false starts and mini losses of interest, but I try and keep it at "one line change I actually save to disk a day" at least
djotefsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 11, 15:41   #253
Treebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by djotefsoup View Post
Yep, you should be able to drop it right in at any point after you install the DLC (since it has skins/skinfixes for dlc cars).

Work slowly continues on this thing, lots of false starts and mini losses of interest, but I try and keep it at "one line change I actually save to disk a day" at least
Thanks for the quick reply
Treebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 11, 21:54   #254
2JZpower

Overhaul 2 is absolutely great... is the nfs shift nurburgring 20,800m long?
If so i am reporting times close to the actual times of some production vehicles!

Only complaint.. i noticed the mclaren F1 brakes are very weak... to the point where if the vehicle is rolling it's difficult to make it stop lol.

Also, what is the latest release?
2JZpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 11, 03:03   #255
djotefsoup

The McF1 is kind of an odd car right now, a lot of it was put together by RandomShift, then we ran over that with a bulldozer without thinking about what was already different. I seem to recall that it was given weaker brakes than it had in the stock game too. This is apparently a Real Thing the Real Car suffers from as compared to newer supercars.

Rowan Atkinson mentions a few things about them here:

Quote:
The McLaren brakes are not good. They are probably best described as ‘very 1992’. They are Brembo, quite sophisticated things in their day, but they seem poor by modern standards. You can see why some F1 owners have developed their own.
Quote:
For those who aren’t aware, the F1 has no electronic aids whatsoever. No stability or traction controls, no ABS, not even servo-assisted brakes. When did you last drive a car with non-servo disc brakes? The engine was technologically advanced for the ’90s, with electronic engine management and variable valve timing, but in effect the high technology stops at the clutch, which is carbon – very nice, very light – beyond which the drivetrain is so simple, it verges on the vintage. The driver of a blower Bentley would feel very much at home. No power steering, simple manual ’box, rear-wheel drive, rifle-bolt gear change and cast-iron brakes that require a good push to function.
But yeah, the car is a bit odd in Overhaul right now

The version in the downloads section should be the latest one.
Old 4 November 11, 22:09   #256
ermo

@Djo, you referenced v2.1 of the OVHM above --yet the download version is still at 2.0?

Am I missing something obvious here? Did you release 2.1 yet? Or did I just earn a whack with the "when-it's-ready-stupid"-bat?

Last edited by ermo; 8 November 11 at 20:27. Reason: change from single to double quotes
ermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 11, 22:26   #257
djotefsoup

I think I just copied and pasted that from my build, sorry
Old 7 November 11, 10:56   #258
matt2380

I just had a lot of fun driving the Gumpert around the ring.

There's definitely still plenty of life in Shift 1! Looking forward to your updates dj.
matt2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 11, 20:32   #259
ermo

@djo, the FFB in my OVHM2.0 install feels sort of ... light (using identical profiler and in-game FFB setting strength) with identical RX-8 chassis files and identical HDTs when I compare to a run with S2U + UCP on the same track.

Is this to be expected? Is the FFB in S2U really that much 'better'? I'm only happy to post more information as needed.

Last edited by ermo; 8 November 11 at 20:50.
Old 8 November 11, 20:55   #260
djotefsoup

Does profiler include the controllerdefaults .xml?
Old 8 November 11, 20:58   #261
djotefsoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2380 View Post
I just had a lot of fun driving the Gumpert around the ring.

There's definitely still plenty of life in Shift 1! Looking forward to your updates dj.
Thanks
Old 8 November 11, 21:45   #262
ermo

Quote:
Does profiler include the controllerdefaults .xml?
Not that I know of. Can you elaborate? Or perhaps we should do it the other way around: In your educated opinion, what would I need to do to ensure an apples-to-apples comparison betwen S1 OVHM 2.0 and S2U besides keeping the same settings in the Logitech Profiler UI and the in-game UI?
Old 8 November 11, 23:11   #263
djotefsoup

Try copying \S2U\ControllerDefaults\PC\yourinputdevice.xml to \Shift\ControllerDefaults\PC\yourinputdevice.xml (just back it up or something) and (in-game) re-load the default controller configuration for the device so those settings are written to your player profile. The files are quite different from what I can see. No idea if you'll like it more though
Old 9 November 11, 00:33   #264
ermo

Even with the same controller files, the difference in feel is rather striking. It's almost as if SHIFT ignores the FFB damper strength settings. Weird.

Then again, the RX-8 in SHIFT has always felt weird and tended to oscillate left-to-right.
Old 10 November 11, 13:39   #265
young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermo View Post
Even with the same controller files, the difference in feel is rather striking. It's almost as if SHIFT ignores the FFB damper strength settings. Weird.

Then again, the RX-8 in SHIFT has always felt weird and tended to oscillate left-to-right.
Yep, the RX-8 is kind of weird to drive. You can learn to compensate for it but then all the other cars become kind of weird to drive to you

I have a question:
Whenever me and some AI dummy are touching on the track, even when slightly and in a harmless angle, I more or less loose control over my car. That is, I do not fly off track but the game just seems to ignore my steering input.
Like two cars are driving closely side by but only because your opponent left of you, you cannot steer right anymore. It really feels odd and I never had such a thing in any racing game before.
Is this just me ? Can this be turned off ?
young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 11, 22:57   #266
djotefsoup

You can revert \tracks\_data\physics\materialpool.xml to restore the original behaviour AFAIK. Might need to also revert terrainpool.xml, haven't checked them independently of each other. You will get back the styrofoam cars and offroad boulders of stock shift without them though.

I will add the RX-8 to the list of things to look at , I believe it might be one of the cars where there was an unexpected difference in tyre sizes between different model groups.
Old 20 November 11, 18:15   #267
x26112

Hi all, finally got myself to unpack the game to install v2.0. Was running v1.3 packed. Some things I noticed are strange. My shiny new v2.0 Works Murcielago is a sick dog compared to the old v1.3 version. Cant ever hit 6th gear on any track, top speed dropped by 40mph, and acceleration is terrible. Yes I reset everything to default. Even sold the car and rebuilt it. Tire squeal sounds are also missing. Is all of this normal? Thanks.
x26112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 11, 21:28   #268
djotefsoup

Yep, known issue, for the moment you can claw some speed back by adjusting the final drive ratio back a bit. It's the fix for other works cars (works viper being the main example) where you could simply never set the final drive long enough to reach the end of the engine interacting badly with it, and the final drag values some cars ended up at were a bit borked for some cars in 2.0. For the moment you should be able to shorten the final drive and lower downforce to get it so it's at least competitive.

Have to say though it's not quite the game-beating car it was in the next release, so it'll be better (as in not "ass") but maybe not entirely back to what it was in stock Shift
Old 24 November 11, 16:17   #269
x26112

Quote:
Yep, known issue, for the moment you can claw some speed back by adjusting the final drive ratio back a bit.
Thanks for the feedback dj, but I am reverting back to 1.2 then. Don't like the idea of "tweaking" a broken car.

Is a new "fixed' version in the works?
x26112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 11, 07:57   #270
ermo

*poke*

Is the old girl still alive, dj? Did you find something obviously wrong with the RX-8?
Old 29 January 12, 00:52   #271
yawnboring

awesome stuff ! worked perfectly !

is the le manse prototype mod compatible with overhaul ?
( http://www.nogripracing.com/details....r=30681&page=1 )
yawnboring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 12, 00:04   #272
aivokaira

Quote:
I believe that's

Code:
<Object name="PDA" RelativePosition="-0.140 -0.1 0.25" RelativeOrientation="0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000" />
in \gui\hud\*.xml. They work on x-y-z coordinates and you can move the Z position entry forwards and backwards to make them nearer or further from the camera.
Hi,
I'm trying to get my "minimap" bigger when using tiny-HUD mod. Now it's way too small for my old 19" 4:3 monitor and I really wasn't able to do much with the tips from thread page 3.

I've found the xml-files from the \Overhaul 2\Step4-Extra options\Alternate HUD elements (TinyHUD)\OVH2-TinyHUDelements\GUI\hud\ and tried some values for the PDA RelativePosition. Didn't notice much changes. I'm playing from the bumber view with aspect ratio of 4:3, so I should modify the "hud_bumb.xml", right? Am I doing something wrong? What values would do the trick?
Thanks in advance!

Very nice work with the mod btw, much appreciated!
aivokaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 12, 00:07   #273
Kazumi

the track map? there's a seperate .xml file for it somewhere...

...\GUI\hud\hud_maps.xml

Last edited by Kazumi; 30 January 12 at 00:38.
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 12, 14:21   #274
aivokaira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi View Post
the track map? there's a seperate .xml file for it somewhere...

...\GUI\hud\hud_maps.xml
Thanks for the quick answer!
But I thought I could modify the track map bigger, and keep the rest as they are set with tiny-HUD mod. And just by changing a one or two values from the mod-folder (OVH2-TinyHUD Elements).

There was an example case back in the page 3 in this thread and they got it solved with the info I mentioned above. The file you suggested (hud_maps.xml) found in installation folder :\NFS Shift\GUI\hud\ has loads of values and I wouldn't want to change the track map data for every track separately.
Old 30 January 12, 19:27   #275
Kazumi

yeah but, that didn't work out it seems

description in hud file is very confusing

PHP Code:
<!-- 

Extent:

AtRest is the value in meters that will be visible on the 2D map on each side of the player's car when at rest.
 SpeedMultiplier is the value multiplied by the player'
s speed to widen the extent of the 2D map viewIncreasing this value will expand the map quicker.

Max is the maximum value in meters that will be shown around each side of the player's car.
-->

<Extent AtRest="180.0" SpeedMultiplier="0.035" Max="300.0" /> 
these will make the map zoom in and zoom out.

you want to it to extent less at rest, and less extent at max speed and/or a higher max speed.

so it should be lower 1st value, lower 3rd value... second to have it dynamically adapted at speed, like

PHP Code:
<Extent AtRest="90" SpeedMultiplier="0.035" Max="250.0" /> 
then tweak a bit... that should work
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 12, 21:05   #276
aivokaira

Thanks for the tips!
That did the trick
Using values <Extent AtRest="90.0" SpeedMultiplier="0.035" Max="200.0" /> helped a lot.
Old 10 February 12, 15:28   #277
Dogzero1

I'd like to thanks the modders involved in overhaul. It has transformed my shift perception. It's fantastic.

ps, any one working on more dynamic replays.......ie directors mode that switches from cars to action to overtakes etc aka GP4?
Dogzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 12, 10:18   #278
Mindz i

Is there a way to increase or decrease the "look to apex" effect? In LFS it's adjustable. I know there isn't one from within the game, but I'm not sure if there are file settings within Vectorslide's mod for this.
Mindz i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 12, 17:02   #279
esurwd

can you please make overhaul 2 for the packed version? i really like the AI from this unpacked version
esurwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 12, 10:02   #280
Tompisti

Hi everybody, I'm quite lost here...I have a patched ( not US ) version, unpacked (CD version), JSGME, with DLC_Pack_By_QCM_Full_1.55 activated, but still no Ferraris...I guess I'm missing sg. here...this shortcut update perhaps ? I really didn't get this "loose" thing though I read the forum dealing with it... I'm not a native english speaker...I would really appreciate some extra info on this...do I need the overhaul mod at all ? Maybe Shift 2 ? Forza motorsport cd ? thank You in advance...
Tompisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 12, 16:16   #281
spoiler6666

Default Only two available garage slots?

Hello from germany,

thought I would unlock additional slots by winning the final in brands hatch. Unfortunately I still have only two slots Is it possible that this is caused by the overhaul mod? In a privious installation of shift without the overhaul mod I could use more than 2 slots. Any ideas? The JSGME-mod-order is attached. Sorry for my bad english!

Thank You very much in advance!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NFS - Mods.jpg (73.8 KB, 24 views)
spoiler6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 12, 06:24   #282
makah21

Thumbs up Hell Yes

Thanks so much for everyones efforts, always loved the game sounds, looks. You all have figured out a way to fix all the crap I hated about this game. This tutorial is perfect. Oh yeah I am a nube. Only problem I ran into was the fact my copied folder was checked as read only.
makah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 12, 13:37   #283
thegame1615

after installed ovh2 , ive found that there are some car that in "my car" like tier 3 or 4,
but i am only level 1 so that is abnormal.
and i though it was dlc but then i removed the dlc by JSGME and the problem didnt be solved.

How can i removed the car that i didnt bought ? i don wanna sell it cause i enjoy making money myself....

thanks!
thegame1615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 12, 23:48   #284
Junkie1962

Red face

Nicely done on the Mod, but perhaps you should Hi-Lite the part where there should be a space after renaming the exe folder so dummies like me don't have to do it 3 timesAfter I figured it out all went very well
Junkie1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 12, 16:27   #285
Driverd00d

Whenever I try to buy a DLC car from the car lot it doesn't buy it. The screen saying "Do you want to buy it using cash" comes up, but after I hit yes it does nothing.
Driverd00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 12, 22:34   #286
irokez85

Guys thanks for the mod, it is great but I am a little bit confused about other mods installation. What should I install first?

1. Overhaul 2
2. SunMod
3. Shift HD Mod (without Tune Tyre Smoke)

Or first 2&3 a then overhaul2?

I would like to have best experience and visuals with Shift - I bought it today and tomorrow my DFGT is coming

Thanks,

Irek
irokez85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 13, 20:54   #287
LamboMantisMan23
Possible Huracán Owner

Exotic DLC Link is down 'No file with that ID'
LamboMantisMan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 13, 20:28   #288
poet

nm, unpacking seemed to triple load times and made the stutter 10x worse, heh.

Last edited by poet; 9 January 13 at 21:09.
poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 13, 14:08   #289
omihalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboMantisMan23 View Post
Exotic DLC Link is down 'No file with that ID'
Use this link:
snip

Last edited by CX650; 27 January 13 at 15:09. Reason: Unauthorised link.
omihalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 13, 14:26   #290
JDougNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by omihalcon View Post
Use this link:
You need to remove the download link from your post. You do not have my permission to provide my work to others.
JDougNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 13, 10:42   #291
poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDougNY View Post
You need to remove the download link from your post. You do not have my permission to provide my work to others.

Are you going to provide your work to others?
Old 7 February 13, 09:13   #292
poet

Well, "your" work, was very nice once I found it via Google.
I guess you made the whole exotic DLC pack all by yourself? Nicely done.

Anyway, had completed the game and got another faster drive so gave this another bash.

Top work everyone involved! Really quality package.

Oui, je t'aime!
Old 8 February 13, 20:30   #293
JTC_CWB

Hello!
I'm a crazy old man (52) and can anyone tell me how to give more grip in the car (as in Pcars) because I consider the best of all OVERHAUL "simulators" that there is, and what is lacking is only a little more "GRIP "to become a work of art! Someone please suggest me?
Thank´s!!
Best regards
JTC
JTC_CWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 13, 11:23   #294
bennobas

hello can anyone help me out a little bit. the image that goes with the following instruction is missing
ii) Let's check if our unpacked copy of Shift works!

In order to run using unpacked game files, Shift.exe needs to be run with the -loose command line parameter. Create or modify your existing shortcut to Shift.exe and add "-loose" at the end, as shown:

so my question is where do i add -loose?

thnx
bennobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 13, 14:39   #295
craigstys

Default Right click the desktop shortcut....

Then click the "Properties" tab. Add it to the end of the Target script. Remember the space before the -loose entry. Click "Apply" and you are good to go.
craigstys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 13, 16:58   #296
Bobin

Hi guys,i just bought this game at Steam Sale and i want to try this mod. I am stuck at this point. Download Ferrari/Exotic DLC cars and Exotic DLC tracks and JSGME. All of this links doesen't works.
Pls provide me some working links.
Thx a lot.
Bobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 14, 19:43   #297
coolblazer

When i try to enter a race, game is crashing. What should i do? İ did everything about steps.

Last edited by coolblazer; 1 January 14 at 20:01.
coolblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 14, 10:12   #298
NitrousOxideUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolblazer View Post
When i try to enter a race, game is crashing. What should i do? İ did everything about steps.
I fixed a similar issue in last few days by installing "PhysX-9.13.1220-SystemSoftware" because I removed all Nvidia drivers when I changed to AMD graphics card in October.

The last release from Ageia before the takeover by Nvidia (installed by something I tried to run since card swap) was not recent enough for Shift 1 and 2 to run.
NitrousOxideUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 14, 04:27   #299
asukhama

hey, i've been wanting to try out Overhaul mod for a long time now, but i can't get it to work for the love of it.

i've followed every step in the guide, after installation i can see the logo and everything, but whenever i try to play the game it will crash. More specifically, i have only one option (new profile), "Start Career", after watching that horrible unskippable intro the games starts loading the brandon hatch test lap, it crashes consistently during that particular loading screen.

My original packed version on Shift loads fine, anyone got an idea?

edit: seems to crash during loading at any race (career or quick).

I've used the bff unpacker in the guide post, unchecked read only on the entire folder and then used the mod enabler which i downloaded from a different website (since the one posted in the guide is no longer available on that website). Lastly, i've added -loose to my shortcut, without succes. You think my version of the mod enabler is causing this? Cause honeslty, i'm clueless.

Edit 2: i overlooked the version of my game. I bought it on Origin a while ago, but when i check the shift.exe properties Details tab, it says i have v1.0.0.0. I tried updating the game with the dvd patch (both EU and NA), and i still have v 1.0.0.0? Appaerantly, the game didn't auto update and i also can't seem to update my origin version with any of the available official patches

Last edited by asukhama; 3 April 14 at 05:48.
asukhama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 14, 12:12   #300
yellowgh0st

Default H shifter config

Does this mod adds key mapping for individual gears? Like can you set keys for g1 g2 g3 g4 g5 g6 rather then the default gear up and gear down ?
yellowgh0st is offline   Reply With Quote