NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GT Legends > GTL Multiplayer

Old 9 February 11, 20:33   #51
Greg Munch

...yeh, but now trying to direct connect my league it screen-froze immediately on enter of connection and then timed-out each time trying to connect?
Greg Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 11, 17:09   #52
JJC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Munch View Post
...yeh, but now trying to direct connect my league it screen-froze immediately on enter of connection and then timed-out each time trying to connect?
You need to describe more exactly what you do, and what you see, especially with the error messages

There are several error messages that are very similar and have different causes (e.g. "General Error"... can have several causes)

and/or make screenshots

describe the "screen freeze"
what happened after the screen freeze?
did you need to reboot? if not then how did you continue?

what is "enter of connection" ? which button did you click? on what menu?

what timed out? any message? show us a picture?

JJC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 11, 10:54   #53
Spuderzz

I would like to try and get online with GTL and join you guys on the WNR league. I have read many of the posts here at NoGrip regarding this subject and I'm a little confused. Like many others no doubt, I have a heavily modified version of GTL with addon tracks and cars gathered over the years from various sites. Will this be ok for online racing? Or should I install a 'vanilla' version of GTL specifically for online use? I appreciate the update patch will be needed, but what about the nocd?

If a separate installation is needed, how is this done? I have played about a little trying to do this already, however when the pc reads the disc, the 'install' option is not available (I assume this is due to the gtl.exe already being present in the C: drive directory).

Also, in the dim and distant past, I may have registered my online key, howerver I never raced online and there is no way I would be able to remember what password I used. Will I still need to go through the process of deleting an account as described earlier in this thread?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Spuderzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 11, 11:07   #54
redi
Superator

Location: On a thin crust covering a huge ball of hot molten stone whizzing through space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuderzz View Post
I would like to try and get online with GTL and join you guys on the WNR league. I have read many of the posts here at NoGrip regarding this subject and I'm a little confused. Like many others no doubt, I have a heavily modified version of GTL with addon tracks and cars gathered over the years from various sites. Will this be ok for online racing? Or should I install a 'vanilla' version of GTL specifically for online use? I appreciate the update patch will be needed, but what about the nocd?

If a separate installation is needed, how is this done? I have played about a little trying to do this already, however when the pc reads the disc, the 'install' option is not available (I assume this is due to the gtl.exe already being present in the C: drive directory).

Also, in the dim and distant past, I may have registered my online key, howerver I never raced online and there is no way I would be able to remember what password I used. Will I still need to go through the process of deleting an account as described earlier in this thread?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
A modified game is no problem to go online, unless you modified the default cars of the game.

Installing a vanilla version should work, but you'll need to directly start setup.exe from the DVD, so not through the autostart menu.

If you don't remember your online registration, just register a new name in the Multiplayer section (fill in name and password and click 'Register' at the lower left instead of the big button at the lower right of the screen).
redi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 11, 13:36   #55
Spuderzz

Thanks redi, I'll have a go with my existing installation and see if I can get online.
Spuderzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 11, 14:03   #56
Vette4Life

I'd love to go online but I don't want to download 10Gigs of stuff with more than half of that I found not interesting... I could do another install of GTL only for online play, but damn... 10Gigs...
Vette4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 11, 14:16   #57
redi
Superator

Location: On a thin crust covering a huge ball of hot molten stone whizzing through space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette4Life View Post
I'd love to go online but I don't want to download 10Gigs of stuff with more than half of that I found not interesting... I could do another install of GTL only for online play, but damn... 10Gigs...
Downloading 10GB is only if you want to race on the Altbierbude servers, it is not required to get into the (Altbierbude) lobby and join, for example, the Gamers Crib public server or the WNR League.
redi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 11, 16:20   #58
Vette4Life

Yeah I know, but for now I don't really want to go in a league since I don't have my steering wheel yet...

What do I have to do for the Gamers Crib public server ?
Old 28 February 11, 16:33   #59
JJC1

Quote:
What do I have to do for the Gamers Crib public server ?
nothing... it only runs default cars and tracks
Old 28 February 11, 18:22   #60
Vette4Life

Oh yesh, it's the one that nobody ever uses ? XD
Old 28 February 11, 18:40   #61
JJC1

Quote:
I wouldn't say that
GamersCribTC65_LapStats.html
Old 28 February 11, 23:53   #62
JJC1

Quote:
Thursday 19:00 GMT onwards it will be crawling with very fast and nice drivers
(and some not so nice joe-publics )
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=243130
http://www.gamers-crib.com/forum/sho...085#post145085
Old 1 March 11, 01:39   #63
Vette4Life

Ah ok... Nice ^^

I'll check that out sometime, thanks
Old 1 March 11, 13:48   #64
guybo

Exclamation

Above is mentioned the Hosts file. WTF is that? It's a system file located ...windows\system32\drivers\etc\ for Windows systems. Edit it using a plain text editor (like Notepad).

What worked for me after much consternation was doing what Post #2 above says- deleting my account. Everytime I do anything to my profile (change profiles for example) I have to delete my account and re-register.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 11, 17:05   #65
JJC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybo View Post
Above is mentioned the Hosts file. WTF is that? It's a system file located ...windows\system32\drivers\etc\ for Windows systems.
there is a picture in post #1
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/at...8&d=1263659467

Quote:
Edit it using a plain text editor (like Notepad).
Yes and be careful when you save the file, that you have saved to the name hosts without a ".txt" extension

If your system is set up to hide file extensions, then it's easy to make the mistake where you save to hosts.txt
(if you see two files called hosts, then you know that your Windows is hiding extensions)

Quote:
Everytime I do anything to my profile (change profiles for example) I have to delete my account and re-register.
Are you sure? That should not be necessary, you can use any number of profile names (your in-game name) with the same lobby login name. I have used at least 10 different profiles with mine.
Old 2 March 11, 13:21   #66
guybo

Yes, I'm sure. It's reproduceable too. I have had a hell of a time with it. And when it deleted my settings after wrangling with it, my saved game offline career got wiped out and my hardware settings go ruined. I didn't check the sensitivities and it turns out that my brake was set to 0%... ruined my race yesterday (online race) as I was 2 seconds SLOWER with the new profile than the old one and I couldn't figure out why until too late

I saw the link to the pic in post one but it wouldn't load for me- I figured it was a dead link (old post) so I just added something to explain. Thx for the clarification though.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 11, 16:52   #67
JJC1

Quote:
...I saw the link to the pic in post one but it wouldn't load for me- I figured it was a dead link (old post) ....
maybe you were not logged in when you looked?
Old 30 October 11, 09:49   #68
JJC1

On Friday the 'bude Lobby was moved to a new machine with a new IP address (94.23.231.41)

For some of you the domain name which the games uses (www.gtl-server.net) still points to the old address.
It may take a day or two before the change is visible in your area.

easy temporary fix....
drop the attached LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT into your GTL folder

when the domain name gets updated in your area you can remove the fix
you can check with a ping command like this....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gtl - lobby ping.JPG (48.1 KB, 664 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT (12 Bytes, 158 views)
Old 18 November 11, 00:12   #69
Flouwford

is the server working?

i cant find the keys folder in regedit.
i have deleted the lobby.txt file, then it gives me general error message when trying to register.

using the old DVD game. and can connect to the "official" lobby. but nothing going on there. any solutions?

EDIT. found the key in a completely different place. deleted it, and ad to resubmit it when i went online. typed it in without any spaces or dashes. still gives me general error.

i deleted GTl completely. cleaned the folder in C aswell. and cleaned regedit aswel, removed the licence, and the GTL folder. everything.

did a fresh install, and then after the install i updated, the copied the patch into folder. and then decompress.
game worked again, like a new one, created new profile etc. and had to enter the online key again, with no dashes or spaces. still, general error again.

then copy the simbin lobby to folder, i can connect there. but too quiet.
then copied the bude lobby to folder, general error on registration and on login.

please help me!!!

Last edited by Flouwford; 18 November 11 at 11:14.
Flouwford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 11, 05:02   #70
hpiracer
Uploader

I may have to jump in here... Just tried to connect with to the GT Legends server...

Cannot Connect to Server.

I had been running on line right up until two weeks ago...

anybody got any help for this??
hpiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 11, 18:40   #71
JJC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiracer View Post
I may have to jump in here... Just tried to connect with to the GT Legends server...

Cannot Connect to Server.

I had been running on line right up until two weeks ago...

anybody got any help for this??
did you try the fix in post #68? (2 posts up )
Old 27 November 11, 02:56   #72
mississippi

Hello i use to race with the No-grip GTL league a logn time back somes of you may no me. well i lost my copy of GTL so i downloaded a copy off net . and i do not heve a good online key . do i have two heve a online key two play GTL online now days ?
mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 11, 13:20   #73
JJC1

@mississippi check your PMs
Old 29 December 11, 11:19   #74
Biggi

Hi, I have never played GTL Online, only offline, I tried to go online via first post - I have made 2 txt files in GTL directory with IP adresses, registration, clicking on big arrow, inserting my online key, email adress... Game written - Registration successful, I log on.... wait and game wrote - It's unable to connect the server Can you help me please? I'm not noob... I play Richard Burns Rally online and there's online instalation more difficult, I only have zero experiences with GTL..

Thank you, Biggi CZE
Sorry for my crappy english
EDIT: now it's working... don't know where was problem
LAST EDIT: Need HELP - I can get to the lobby, but always when I want to connect to the another game, it says - Cannot join the game - track is not installed. WHY? Because it's for example Monza or Imola and it's game default track.... I don't understand this... I really want to race online, but it seems, it's too difficult to join game for me

Last edited by Biggi; 29 December 11 at 13:38. Reason: situation
Biggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 11, 16:11   #75
dartguy

Hi Biggi,

In GTL, when you don't have the track installed, it lists one that you have. It's unfortunate. Your best bet would be to go to Altbierbude and install their autoupdater, then you will be able to connect to most of the servers on the list.
dartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 11, 16:21   #76
Biggi

THX, when it's installed, how set it? there are some things, that I don't understand...if you can help me on ICQ 443353102
Biggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 12, 08:50   #77
GS351

Question Gtl multiplayer error

HEY,
Couple of questions to clarify pls..
. For multiplayer online, I enter serial ,then which log in ? If its raceroom details, I did that and keep getting error ..

Deleted serial and re entered, followed steps but no luck..

Why is it sooo difficult to have a simple process for pc games..

Thanks for your time..
GS351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 12, 22:04   #78
EndPin

Just downloaded the car class patch, but cannot find how to install it. Do you just copy files to the correct folders? The updater still tells me that it isnt installed.
EndPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 12, 00:24   #79
Petrolmania
Easily Distracted

The updater hasn't updated your install? Or have I missed something?

I downloaded the class patch and took a look. I'll ask the obvious: Did you unzip the zip file? If so, you should have a GameData folder. Yes?

If again, yes, drop the GameData folder into your GTL root folder (you'll see the game's "GameData" folder in there if you look into it.) and when prompted, hit overwrite.
Petrolmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 12, 15:31   #80
EndPin

I found it - I tried downloading it from the site and replacing folders etc., like you said above and that didnt work. Then I went back to the updater and looked around and finally found it under the Tweaks tab. Anyway there was a place to install the car class patch. You have to install it, you can't just replace and overwrite folders. At least that's what I had to do. Thanks for the info anyway.
EndPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 12, 15:34   #81
Petrolmania
Easily Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndPin View Post
I found it - I tried downloading it from the site and replacing folders etc., like you said above and that didnt work. Then I went back to the updater and looked around and finally found it under the Tweaks tab. Anyway there was a place to install the car class patch. You have to install it, you can't just replace and overwrite folders. At least that's what I had to do. Thanks for the info anyway.
Well, I'm glad you got it working.

Cheers!!
Den.
Petrolmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 12, 21:48   #82
JJC1

I have updated the pictures in post #1

some people are still confused

you do not need any .TXT files

Yes you can make it work if you have the .TXT files
and if they have the correct address in them.

But that is a problem-waiting-to-happen
The next time that the 'bude moves the lobby to a new machine, you will not be able to connect again
Old 23 February 12, 18:45   #83
kimika

hello guys are new to the forum .... I have a problem and I don't know how! when they are in the multiplayer game tells me that the host is updated or changed ..... help me please! I tried everything but I do not know how to do! thank you so much everyone!
kimika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 12, 19:36   #84
JJC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimika View Post
hello guys are new to the forum .... I have a problem and I don't know how! when they are in the multiplayer game tells me that the host is updated or changed ..... help me please! I tried everything but I do not know how to do! thank you so much everyone!
sounds like you need the GDB Renamer
Old 23 February 12, 20:26   #85
kimika

Thanks soooooo muchhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kimika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 12, 22:40   #86
hpiracer
Uploader

alright, this is bunk.............

WTF????

I go through all these steps, about 100 times last weekend. Finally got it working... and then go to run online today...................... CAN"T LOG IN????????

haven't changed one thing. Nothing, and now I can't even register......... or log in.

this is total crap!

could someone kindly tell me what is going on?
more importantly, can somebody make this work, PERMANENTLY....????

PLEASE.

thanks

Jeff
EDIT:

for some odd reason, the password and login name had been edited in the .plr file. Not sure how it happened, but the password was set to ALL CAPS, when it was originally saved in lower case. copied the old info from a back up .plr file... now in the lobby.

Windows 7 is a bitch, juss sayin......
hpiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 12, 18:16   #87
dale999

Works like a charm! Great guide! I'd buy you a beer if I could!
dale999 is offline   Reply With Quote