NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Simbin Race Series

Old 7 May 12, 00:34   #1
jon08

Default [Race Injection] 2 questions: cubemaps and "green wheels" bug

Hi everyone!

I have installed Race Injection and, as it works like GTR Evo and Race 07, I want to put my GTR Evo cars and tracks into my RI installation in order to have all in only one installation.

So I have copied and pasted track (Nurburgring, Nordschleife...) and that works great! I did the same with the car which aren't in RI and that works also, but I have two problems: the first isn't really important, it's in the window of the choice of categorie (WTCC 07, WTCC06, CSR ...), my news cars have an empty square, there isn't logo like WTCC Extreme (see the first attachement).
The second problem is that some cars have "green wheels" bug. Like if the rims file isn't present (see the second attachement).

Then, I would to do some tests with cubemaps. I search which file does the "light reflection" (white parts on cars). I try all EMAP_XXX.DDS files in Gamedata\TEAMS\ but when I delete all this files, the "light reflection" effect is again here, so I think it's not one of theses files. It's in the car files?

So, to conclude:

1) How to have logo for new categories of cars?
2) How to fix the "green wheels" bug?
3) What is the file of the "light reflection" effect on cars?

Thanks for any help friends
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Race_Steam 2012-05-07 02-20-30-90.jpg (149.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Race_Steam 2012-05-07 02-20-47-63.jpg (147.1 KB, 109 views)
jon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 12, 18:04   #2
jon08

Hmm, ok, I've found the file for reflection: emap.dds.

Now, there are always these two problems: empty categories square and green wheel bug.
Old 8 May 12, 18:32   #3
takumi69

iīm not sure why you want to merge the installs by yourself?
Normally the race series merges itself into one install, unless you have done something strange/different, like mixing online and offline installs. Race07 is the base and everything else (GTRevo, Raceon, Race injection) are addons that will merge into one install by default.
takumi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 12, 20:36   #4
jon08

I installed Evo some times ago in a proper directory. After, I installed Race Injection in an other proper directory. But I saw that there are some cars which are in the two games, so I want to put the cars which are in Evo but aren't in RI, in the RI directory.
Old 8 May 12, 22:37   #5
takumi69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon08 View Post
I installed Evo some times ago in a proper directory. After, I installed Race Injection in an other proper directory.
That is is your problem. By default the installs merge together and you wouldnīt need to do this by yourself.
But as you seem to like the hard way, these should be the locations of the files you are missing:
GTR evolution / Addons/GTR evolution/Gamedata/Teams/Wheels
GTR evolution / Addons/GTR evolution/Uidata/Menu/Textures
Old 9 May 12, 01:15   #6
jon08

Thanks! That works!!

But I've an other problem: productions cars don't appears.
Old 10 May 12, 21:33   #7
takumi69

The easiest way to solve this, is to uninstall RI and install it in the same directory as your GTRevo install is. This way the RI addon will merge right into the install (under Addons) and you have all in one game, without the need of copying files over by yourself.
I guess you didnīt get what i meant in my previous posts (maybe because English isnīt my native language).
Old 11 May 12, 20:20   #8
jon08

I tried to install RI in the same directory that GTR Evo but when I launch Race07.exe, the game is launch but bug at the "press a boutton to continue" with a message about minidump.

I tried to launch the game with race_steam from RI installation, the game is launch but I don't have Evo cars :/

Maybe I must to install Evo in "online mode" because my RI installation have "race_steam.exe"???
Old 14 May 12, 00:48   #9
takumi69

So you did try to mix online and offline installs (see post #3)?
This wonīt work, as RI is only available as online install the others must be online installs also or they wonīt merge.
Old 11 November 12, 12:43   #10
wongguy

I made several attempts to properly I mix offline and online content, But it seems I manage to make it work. The problem you have discuss with the class and logo not showing is the 2 folders with the respective game:

GTRE: / Addons/GTR evolution/Uidata/Menu/Textures_Mamba
RI: Uidata/Menu/Textures

GTRE and RI uses different folder to get the dds files for the menu. What you need to do is to merge (copy and paste) everything from GTRE's Texture_Mamba folder into RI's Texture folder without overwriting any existing RI files.
wongguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 12, 22:22   #11
CaptSlower

1/ all simbin front ends have different menu texture folders - race07's is Textures, GTR Evo's is Textures_mamba and so on. Just make sure you transfer all the relevant ones into Race injections default menu texture folder and you are sorted. This will solve the 'empty' icon syndrome.

2/ the green wheels bug is down to the fact that some mods use standard wheels from the original game and their location is shared and called from the cas file at the very top. Race Injections locations will be different to GTR Evo etc. Open up the .cas files with notepad and look for the incorrect entry and adjust it to the shared location in Race Injection.

3/ cubemaps are used, and again some are used from the original game content. It is most likely down to the above point. If not, you will have to manually correct it.
CaptSlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 12, 00:47   #12
Arc Anjil

I would like to know about this "cubemap" thing. I suspect it is what causes a custom skinned car to be real shiny and washes it out. I use GIMP and there are a few mods (like the MMG 2007 F1 mod) that my custom painted cars look all super shiny and washed out in game (black looks dark blue, etc).

Does anyone know how/why this is?
Arc Anjil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 12, 16:13   #13
CaptSlower

cubemaps provide the reflections on vehicles, these are configured in the shader properties, and cubemaps look different depending on the shader choice.

Typically when cubemaps start to 'whiteout' they affect the underlying colour - like seeing dark blue instead of black body. In this case opening up 3dSimed and checking shader properties will probably reveal it's set to 'add alpha reflect', changing this will change the 'sheen' if you like.

There are also loads of different cubemaps and they be changed around as well, some have different environments and different levels of gamma. Substituting will allow you to see the best one.
CaptSlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 12, 22:22   #14
Arc Anjil

Anything using cube map or a SPECOCC file, I have to save my PSD file into a DDS with DXT5 and interpolated 8 bit with 12 mipmaps, instead of the regular DXT1. It takes care of all the too glossy, washed out color of the car. Why do some modders use that stuff? I don't see any difference in the cars compared to Simbin's cars or my regular custom-skinned cars.
Arc Anjil is offline   Reply With Quote