Originally Posted by x26112
This mod is good but it breaks the transmission. Whenever you crash or go into reverse, you can't up-shift. It gets stuck in reverse. In AT it does at least.
Originally Posted by mekoita
Hi You all. Thanks for feedbacks. But I'm not mantaining this mod any more cause I've unistalled Dirt from my HD.
BTW, I didn't notice any transmission-reverse problem, and my mod doesn't touch any mech-value of cars that's related in any way with transmission. So I can't guess why there should be these kind of problems.
I don't say that You don't have any problem. But maybe You've to verify some circumstances to help solving:
- Do You play with wheel, pad or keyboard ('cause I've tested the mod with a Logitech DFP only without any problem, maybe problems come with other controllers)?
- Do You have installed other mods of any kind ('cause I've tested the mod with a frec Dirt install only)?
Let me know, maybe I can try to help.
I have a Momo. No other physics mods are installed. Only DIRT_bloom_utility.exe. I did find a lame workaround, though. You have to use the Reset Vehicle menu and it will go forward again. Shame because this is my favorite physics mod for DiRT. I tried them all.
It's very irritating to have to reset each time you go in reverse. Totally breaks the flow.
Too bad you quit working on it...
I tried a few different vehicles and it only seems to effect the cars using automatic trans. Buggy's and trucks work fine and manual trans is OK too. So it is something in the mod that's causing it. Hope you can find the time to fix it.
OK, did some messing around with the Impreza .csv file. I found the following values that are different from the originals. Columns 8, 78, 98, 99, 278, 279.
Using CSVed 2.2.3, I opened your file and restored the default values one by one and saved.
It turns out that the values in 278, 279 are the ones causing it.
Default = 9, 7 respectfully
Yours = -14, -14
All affected cars have this -14 value at 278, 279 whereas the buggy's are left default.
It seems the problem is the negative number (-14). Changing the value to 0 or higher fixes the issue. I restored 278 to default values and set 279 to 0 as per DirtTweaker 0% on all the cars. The mod is perfect now IMHO.
With this mod, tweaked wheel and car settings, DiRT ROCKS!
All we need to do now is convert the Czech maps over from RBR. LoL!