NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor

Old 19 November 12, 22:39   #1
Lucas1969

Red face rFactor vs Windows 8

Hello i planed to buy an new PC and i would like to know if rFactor work on Windows 8
Lucas1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 12, 13:45   #2
Slobbeman

yes
Slobbeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 12, 19:15   #3
ermax

The TryMedia version works on Win8x86 but will not work on Win8x64. ISI is working on a new version that removes TryMedia and replaces it with their own copy protection that will support Win8x64. You can refer to this thread for more info:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...Testers-needed

I have personally tested this version on Win8x64 and it does work. There is a bug with the activation they need to resolve but I doubt it will take more then a week to release a final version.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 12, 14:39   #4
Slobbeman

I use Win8x64 and rfactor not even start caramba when use orginal isi rfactor exe but works with rfactor exe 3.07 MB ? the dedicated server works fine but with rfe plugin server crash with a error with win 8 just when installed RFE plugin other wise dedicated servers works on Win8x64 pc. let see if isi update a new exe we can use/buy or get free all that have pay for rf1 or we stay with win7 that is also a solution
Old 22 November 12, 15:48   #5
gbriden
Donated

So I have NO-DVD and game starts and runs fine then after 5 - 8 minutes it Crashes EVERY time has anybody had this issue and if so any clue as to a fix yet.
gbriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 12, 14:59   #6
Slobbeman

i look at this forum it looks like they have some prb with orginal rfactor exe on windows 8 some updates seem to be coming november 2012 http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...Testers-needed and i found this http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/help/reac...your-computer/ so some updates i hope they fix . so win 8 people that have problem with rf 1 has the only solution if they wanna have windows 8 instead off windows 7 to use a cracked exe only things that works on rf1 vs win 8
to isi have a working update or new exe file ...
Old 23 November 12, 16:25   #7
wombat666

Windows 8 is just Windows 7 with touch screen capabilities, you would be better off sticking with a W7 64bit variation.
wombat666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 12, 21:11   #8
ermax

We here the same junk on every Microsoft release. WFW 3.11 is just Win3.1 with networking capability, 95 is just WFW without running over the top of DOS, XP is just 98 with new GUI, Vista is just XP with new GUI. Win7, the golden child is 100% new and now, Win8 is just Win7 with a touchscreen GUI.

All of these claims are totally false. All of these claims slowly fade away and people try to forget they ever said them. Win8 will be bashed for a while and then slowly people will see it isn't all about Metro and they will all wonder why anyone would run any older OS.

I will say it sucks to loose the old Start Menu. They should have both. The new UAC changes are just going to create a whole new batch of confusion. But if you look past Metro there are more changes that seam to be overlooked.

When it comes right down to it Vista was not as bad as people made it out to be. I think UAC just confused to many people. WinME wasn't as bad as people made it out to be either. People are just miss educated and take the media as gospel. I remember reading the credentials of the writers in one of the major computer rags. Most of them had like 4 years of experience. I was a teenager and already had more experience then these clowns that claim to be the authority. I stopped reading the mags after that. They were to frustrating with all the opinions that were way off base. These guys are "writers" not IT guys.
Old 27 December 12, 11:58   #9
coldlm

Rfactor 1.225 and Rfactor 2 working file on Win 8 64bit
coldlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 13, 13:42   #10
ermax

Yes 1.255c works fine in Win8x64.