NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > NFS : Shift 2

Old 30 April 11, 16:05   #51
StonerPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGP View Post
Yeah back 2 topic ....
hopefully we will get a new "bootpsa.bff" cause the file was modified by the patch 1.01

Mine still works after the patch, you sure your not thinking about the shift2u.exe?, it needs re-editing after the patch (as the exe get's updated to 1.0.1.0 - well it's supposed to), that's all i did and everything was back to working.
StonerPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 11, 17:11   #52
MoGP

Well ... I looked into the list of changed-files, which somebody else have
posted in this forum, it shows that the "bootpsa.bff" would be modified.
So I guess with the old file some modifications the patch did were not
applied??!!?? - just guessing

And jop of course I've edit the .exe again.

sry for my broken english - hope is understandable
MoGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 11, 11:33   #53
Hurby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGP View Post
Yeah back 2 topic ....
hopefully we will get a new "bootpsa.bff" cause the file was modified by the patch 1.01

Added BOOTPSA.bff for v1.01 to the first post.
Hurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 11, 12:29   #54
Jozef420

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddmattH View Post
Then I would oppose it, yes. But right now, it's hard to justify calling it piracy because it's the only way to get it now
Just went to Walmart last nite, NFS Shift 2 Unleashed LE Disc editions are all they have, so they ARE still selling it. Although, it is the same price as the normal version I've seen online(unless on special)

Got mine at Walmart 2 weeks ago too

edit: didn't realize how old the post was, just clicked on new posts and thought it was recent
Jozef420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 11, 20:44   #55
MoGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurby View Post
Thx !!
MoGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 11, 21:59   #56
prudislav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurby View Post
its needed to modify v 1.01 exe to get it work?
Cant find these The Limited Edition events:
Manufacturer Showdown (15 events), Old vs New (11 events), Single-Type (11 events)
-everything else is shown good

Last edited by prudislav; 8 May 11 at 09:01.
prudislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 11, 15:19   #57
Kaerar

BTW for the discussion on the legalities of piracy, Germany has already stated if it's on the disk it's not piracy to access it. All copies of the game ship with LE content and the LE side of things is often decided by the Publisher than the Developer so it's EA's loss not SMS's. For a long time now the big Publishing houses (EA, Actiblizzard, Ubisoft...) have been price gouging customers (not consumers) unfairly. The claim of piracy is rampant and due to lobby groups a lot louder than the reality of the situation. Not to mention this type of blatant insult to people shouldn't be tolerated by US, not the other way round.

Like everyone I like special/limited editions, but at the expense of the other players of the game, that's something I could never condone. Don't get caught up in the hype and hyperbole of the piracy fraud, as that's all it is folks.
Kaerar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 11, 15:55   #58
hIdd3N
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaerar View Post
BTW for the discussion on the legalities of piracy, Germany has already stated if it's on the disk it's not piracy to access it. All copies of the game ship with LE content and the LE side of things is often decided by the Publisher than the Developer so it's EA's loss not SMS's. For a long time now the big Publishing houses (EA, Actiblizzard, Ubisoft...) have been price gouging customers (not consumers) unfairly. The claim of piracy is rampant and due to lobby groups a lot louder than the reality of the situation. Not to mention this type of blatant insult to people shouldn't be tolerated by US, not the other way round.

Like everyone I like special/limited editions, but at the expense of the other players of the game, that's something I could never condone. Don't get caught up in the hype and hyperbole of the piracy fraud, as that's all it is folks.
But by releasing a modified exe or any other modified parts you are violating EA's copyright and EULA. And your Germany argument is only partially correct since German/European law says that breaking copy protection of any kind, private or business is forbidden.
And when bypassing Limited Edition signup you are effectively bypassing copy protection.

People should also be aware that by using mods/alternating the program you lose all support by EA.

And finally by releasing a modification, ea can make you accountable for any costs they have from fixing what you may have broken (support costs) - i'm not saying they do this, but they could
hIdd3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 11, 17:08   #59
Kaerar

That leads to further discussion about claims, persons, rights and all that other fictitious crap claimed authorities like to ram down peoples throats...

I'd LOVE to see EA try to prove that someone caused them loss of revenue over something like LE stuff. Especially when retailers charge between $60-$90 yet you can get the game legit for about $33...

"It's all bulls*** and it's bad for ya..."
George Carlin '08
Old 8 May 11, 17:59   #60
hIdd3N
Banned

Quote:
I'd LOVE to see EA try to prove that someone caused them loss of revenue over something like LE stuff. Especially when retailers charge between $60-$90 yet you can get the game legit for about $33...
Well see what Sony did to the guy who hacked the PS3 to reenable Linux Support.

It's basically the same thing. Good thing that EA isn't Sony... yet...
hIdd3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 11, 18:09   #61
StonerPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hIdd3N View Post
Well see what Sony did to the guy who hacked the PS3 to reenable Linux Support.

It's basically the same thing. Good thing that EA isn't Sony... yet...
And look at what happened to Sony.
StonerPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 11, 18:54   #62
Kaerar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerPimp View Post
And look at what happened to Sony.
My point exactly. These big corps think they rule the roost. But some simple words can tumble them in seconds...
Old 9 July 11, 18:19   #63
prudislav

Can you edit BOOTPSA for 1.02 version??
Old 16 July 11, 00:11   #64
xpertvision

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudislav View Post
Can you edit BOOTPSA for 1.02 version??
+1

i hope someone can update the unlockableitems.xml file for 1.02 , the game crashes and looses all DLC´s with this file...
xpertvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 11, 22:05   #65
prudislav

Quote:
Originally Posted by slike View Post
when i start BMW 135i vs Audi S4 race game crashes, i'm using modified s2u.exe and bootspa from unlock everything thread

Problem fixed, if you have any problems PM me or Hurby, to take an explanation
have this problem with all MAnufcturer showdown events ;-( on patch 1.02
Old 17 July 11, 13:00   #66
Vlad_

I have too this problem but only on pirated version of shift 2,can some body make fix for last patch??
Vlad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 11, 13:03   #67
Kaerar

Vlad you may wish to clarify whether you have a pirated version only or a bought version as well, as discussion of warez/pirated copies of the game are not allowed here...
Old 17 July 11, 14:09   #68
prudislav

i have bought version but not LE
Old 18 July 11, 02:11   #69
w2sjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertvision View Post
+1

i hope someone can update the unlockableitems.xml file for 1.02 , the game crashes and looses all DLC´s with this file...
Ask, and ye shall receive!

This BOOTPSA also has the DLC3 cars unlocked already, but you MUST have the modified BOOTFLOW that goes with this to get those cars. This should give you everything else...
Attached Files
File Type: zip BOOTPSA_v1.02.zip (322.4 KB, 180 views)
w2sjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 11, 03:14   #70
xpertvision

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2sjw View Post

This BOOTPSA also has the DLC3 cars unlocked already, but you MUST have the modified BOOTFLOW that goes with this to get those cars. This should give you everything else...
many thanks for you post but i dont get it...

this unlocks the patch 1.2 tracks/cars and the Limited Edition cars/tracks ?

if i extract the unlockableitems.xml in this file and inject it in my game it will work?

i have my game updated to 1.02 and it comes with the new DLC content cars/events, will i still have my DLC content + the limited edition stuff ?

thanks again
xpertvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 11, 06:12   #71
prudislav

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2sjw View Post

still crash in MAnufacturer Showdown (but in v1.01 it was working fine)

Last edited by prudislav; 18 July 11 at 06:49.
Old 18 July 11, 11:42   #72
w2sjw

Sorry for not being clear enough in my last post - I am using the savegame file from the first post in this thread & my own modified BOOTPSA, and I see everything available to me.

I will try and run a Showdown event after work & see if they crash on me. I quick-race a lot, not much more...
w2sjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 11, 13:37   #73
guldukat

Editing shift2u.exe to get the manufacture events seems no more working with Version 1.02.
You can see them, but if you try to race game crashes. To tried every race, but those i tested crashes the game. Any ideas??

And btw.:
Please stop this continuous/ongoing discussions about the legality. It blows threads to something unreadable.
Moderators should stop things or close or delete a thread, if it didn't follow the rules !!!!
If any other found something what you don't like, report it to a moderator and not spam the threads with those useless discussions.

Last edited by guldukat; 18 July 11 at 13:51.
guldukat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 11, 14:34   #74
prudislav

Quote:
Originally Posted by guldukat View Post
Editing shift2u.exe to get the manufacture events seems no more working with Version 1.02.
You can see them, but if you try to race game crashes. To tried every race, but those i tested crashes the game. Any ideas??
Single type and Old vs. new works fine by editing but Ma. Showdown still crashes.
Old 18 July 11, 15:02   #75
guldukat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDougNY View Post
Those discussions stopped on May 8th in this thread....until you brought it up again in bold lettering just now.
Uuuuuppppsss, ... sorry, didn't observed the date of the posts! Didn't had a look in this thread for longer time and was just a little annoyed,

Quote:
It seems that using the 1.0.1 executable, editing to activate all of the events works fine. I installed the game on a spare computer, patched to 1.0.1 and transferred the file over to my main machine. I just switch to that to run the manufacturer events.
Simply switching the exe's isn't a bad idea!!!
Old 18 July 11, 21:17   #76
prudislav

still i am curious if someone find a way to unlock manufacturer events in 1.02 strange that other LE races works fine
Old 18 July 11, 21:52   #77
worldstarter

On a patched game 1.02, editing exe 1.01 didnt work, also crashes at manufacturer events. Neither puting edited exe 1.00, still crashes. Maybe is not a exe problem.
worldstarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 11, 22:15   #78
worldstarter

Well, this is odd. Also retail, patched 1.02 game with 1.01 edited exe, i got crashes an all LE events (single tipe, old vs. new and manufacturer showdown). At least with the 1.02 edited exe, the only crashes are with manufacturer showdown.
Old 19 July 11, 06:48   #79
Destinkeys

Ibelieve the issue about the piracy that no-one has addressed is that the additional content was as a reward for PRE-ORDERING IT.

That is, before the game is even released, before the game was reviewed, before anyone had gotten a chance to find out whether it lived up to the hype, these people were willing to ponk their money down for something with nothing more than FAITH... And, apparently, most of you seem to think that that should have NO reward.

So, what is left? Why should ANYONE ever pre-order a game? Why should they provide a quick injection of cash to devs who may be strapped to finish the game (or work on releasing it as bug-free as possible)? Apparently, the rewards for doing so will be stolen and considered the personal right of anyone that DIDN'T show any faith in the title pre-release.

The ability of people to delude themselves that they are doing no wrong never fails to entertain me. And disappoint. Why not go out and steal a few credit card #'s while yuou are at it...? After all, another 'victimless crime'...

Oh yeah, that's right... You'd go to jail for that one. I fail to see the difference. Explain it to me.
Destinkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 11, 07:35   #80
Kaerar

I dunno if you'd have an open enough mind to accept the truth of the matter.

Unless someone has physically lost something of value then there was no crime. I would bet that you don't consider license's and service agreements to be anything other than business, when in actuality they are just alternate names for extortion.

Pre-Order bonuses are fine, but at the same time they introduce a discriminatory element that can frustrate or enrage people who find material (or in this case immaterial) things important.

The problem is not that something has been stolen, more that attitudes of people are so divergent you cannot please everyone. In your case I doubt much would please you.

Stealing CC's and gaining access to something that is shipped with the game are two entirely different matters and lumping them together is just ignorance on top of arrogance.

Faith is a pointless argument too. I have faith my car will start, does that mean I get a cookie? If someone wishes to pre-order a game, then fine, why should they worry about whether they get some exclusive bauble over someone who bought the game on release day?

OH btw the LE content, was just from the LE versions of the game NOT Pre-order only.

Say bye bye Mr 'Strawman' Destinkeys
Old 19 July 11, 07:35   #81
djotefsoup

It didn't depend on pre-orders, it's still on the shelves now. It's just more expensive than the normal edition from the same outlet.

EA WHY YOU GOTTA CHARGE MORE FOR MORE THINGS? WHY I OUGHTA...
djotefsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 11, 08:35   #82
guldukat

... ... ... Ooooohhhhhh Noooooooooooooooooo !!!!!... ... ...
Old 19 July 11, 08:54   #83
Dmitrij85

Maybe can someone help me out with one issue. I have all cars and events unlocked in my carear (with a help of hacked bff files), but not all decals appear in the painting menu, some are locked (it says that 22 or higher points require), maybe someone can help Me out (without advising to complete all carear events), thanks.
Dmitrij85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 11, 13:55   #84
worldstarter

Lol. Some of u make me laugh.
Do u realize that most of us live in different countrys?
And on some countrys there is regular version of the game only?
Do u think that if i see both version on the shelves i will not pick LE for a couple more $?
In any case is not my fault, is EA that is discriminating some of us.
Why some of us cant have that content? Because EA distribution in some countrys sucks?

And please back to topic.
Old 19 July 11, 18:06   #85
Mahjik

There is a lot of unsubstantiated entitlement going on in this thread.....
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 11, 14:12   #86
Freddodo

And the Manufacturers Event still doesnt work ...
Freddodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 12, 04:54   #87
burninrubber0

I know that it's very likely no one is going to answer, but how do you modify the savegame manually? I want to learn how it was done, not just get a modified save.
burninrubber0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 13, 08:48   #88
poet

Thanks @ all involved!

Was told not to get the LE version when I was buying, so never played these.
Stumbled across this thread and got it all working with 1.0.2 and UCP just fine.
Some of the best missions in the game!

Though what did they do to my lovely Porsche? The GT3 RS in the Meisterschaft missions is slippery as all hell. (though I'm only 3 seconds off the world record for Nurburg. Victory shall be mine! )
poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 13, 09:51   #89
poet

Edit:

New World Record Holder!

Nurburgring Sprint, Meisterschaft 911 GT3 RS. Pro/Hard.

Last edited by poet; 21 April 13 at 11:19.
Old 21 April 13, 14:21   #90
Kaerar

Meisterschaft 911 GT3 RS please let me in on what car this is

I've got 911 GT3 RS's never seen the Meisterschaft one though...
Old 21 April 13, 14:29   #91
poet

Quote:
Meisterschaft 911 GT3 RS please let me in on what car this is

I've got 911 GT3 RS's never seen the Meisterschaft one though...
Its the name of the Mission in the Single Type (Tier 14/15) part of the Limited Edition missions.

"911 GT3 RS Meisterschaft"
3 races - Nurbs sprint, Hockenheim and Nords. All night races.

The Car seems to be the standard GT3 RS fully works converted, though its far more slippy than I'd expect given how well the Cup R or RSR drives.

Edit: The XP requirements for the Nords race is to beat 6m28s!
What the hell were SMS smoking when they set that target??

Last edited by poet; 21 April 13 at 14:48.
Old 21 April 13, 15:51   #92
Kaerar

lol, it's not my fav car, but then I've only just managed to do 6m15s in the Works Reventon

Then again I haven't had enough time to play much recently XD
Old 21 April 13, 17:20   #93
poet

Quote:
6m15s in the Works Reventon
Very nice.

6.28 in a works GT3 RS doesn't seem possible though, managed a 6.44 so far, and that was far from clean...
Old 21 April 13, 20:52   #94
Kaerar

I think I'll have to have a go at this event, sounds fun
Old 30 July 13, 22:58   #95
Nori_Yaro

Is it possible to be fixed? I get a crash on manufacturer showdown with edited 1.02 exe.
Nori_Yaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 14, 01:57   #96
matt2308

I have the manufacturer showdown crash.... can someone help me??
matt2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 14, 11:26   #97
matt2308

Quote:
You have to have the game activated with a limited edition key.
sorry man i don't understand.... how i fix it??
matt2308 is offline   Reply With Quote