NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Leagues > Sunday Night Racing

Unread 6 January 17, 20:29   #1
cap7
Premium Member

Default SNR - Sun 8th Jan - P&G Abarth Gr5 + Mini Gr5 @ Pukekohe

SNR - Sunday 8th January - Power & Glory Abarth Gr5 + Mini 1275S Gr5 @ Pukekohe 2013

Track: Pukekohe 2013

Cars: Power & Glory v3.2 Abarth 1000TC Gr5 + Mini 1275S Gr5 (except Britax)

Qualifying: 19:00 GMT (60 mins)
Race: 20:00 GMT (38 laps)

Password: Auckland

Server: * NG PnG v32

Please note we are using P&G v3.2. Please make sure you have the correct version.

Thanks to INTEL48 and RR1CHO~XR~ for the track & GTLW for the Power & Glory mod.
cap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 January 17, 14:19   #2
Clive Loynes

Oh dear!

Roller-skate racing downunder!
Clive Loynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 January 17, 21:02   #3
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Yay, love the little'uns!
rookiedaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 January 17, 21:55   #4
Clive Loynes

Just tell me, why does the back end of the Arbarth have castors on it?
Unread 8 January 17, 17:54   #5
Clive Loynes

I think that the car set on the server is wrong.
Unread 8 January 17, 18:17   #6
Dominiek
Premium Member

No little ones on the server at the moment. Big fa(s)t Mustangs and so. Change of plan or did I get on the server too soon?
Dominiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 January 17, 18:27   #7
cap7
Premium Member

Oops, got the Allowed and Disallowed lists round the wrong way

Sorted now.
cap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 January 17, 20:22   #8
Lalethor

Never happened in all "my career" with P&G, FPS fall down to 10/15 in turn 1 on the 2 lap
Impossible control the car and I finished my race upside down, hope anyone coinvolted in this..
See you next races!
Lalethor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 January 17, 22:32   #9
Clive Loynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalethor View Post
Never happened in all "my career" with P&G, FPS fall down to 10/15 in turn 1 on the 2 lap
Impossible control the car and I finished my race upside down, hope anyone coinvolted in this..
See you next races!
Oh dear!
Was that you creaping past the pits? I ducked out from behind the car in front and found you almost parked on the piece of track that I wanted.

Hope I didn't end your race. I took some damage but was able to carry on.

Sorry.

EDIT: Ooops! No it was Dan that I belted. Same story as above. Sorry Dan, didn't expect to find you there.

Last edited by Clive Loynes; 8 January 17 at 22:45.
Unread 8 January 17, 23:19   #10
saguenay500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalethor View Post
See you next races!
It happen to me also at this place; I saw a car in the air - yours- then I get a strong video lagging and finish in the dish...
Eric
saguenay500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 January 17, 12:53   #11
seniordan

@Clive,
No problem Clive and sorry for my walking pace.I was trying to regain speed after an untidy exit of the fast corner to the start finish line which sent me across the track into the pit wall. Your nudge certainly helped making things move again. In fact to an extend that I summersaulted over the fence into the infield. Found my way back and managed to continue my race albeit with a lap down which took the pressure off so I could enjoy my racing even more.
That was the longer version of saying: That's racing.

Cheers, Dan
seniordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 January 17, 14:19   #12
Clive Loynes

LOL
When I looked at the replay and saw that you had cleared the fence I was impressed to see you still running later on.

Same with Dom. I think that he ended up the wrong side of the fence at the start of the straight.
Unread 9 January 17, 15:31   #13
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

He did, following contact with me.....I've checked the replay, and there was a big lag that ended up with our cars no longer alongside each other but actually sharing the same bit of road, the result of which was Dom flying like he'd been hit by a Tomahawk Cruise missile. I waited because I suspected this was the case, although I felt no contact, utterly ruined what was a really good, close battle we were having.
Unread 9 January 17, 17:32   #14
Clive Loynes

I noticed that someone was warping during qually but crashed in my attempts to hit the "Tab" key to find out who it was.
Unread 9 January 17, 18:47   #15
Dominiek
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Loynes View Post
LOL
When I looked at the replay and saw that you had cleared the fence I was impressed to see you still running later on.

Same with Dom. I think that he ended up the wrong side of the fence at the start of the straight.
With a little help from my friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiedaz View Post
He did, following contact with me.....I've checked the replay, and there was a big lag that ended up with our cars no longer alongside each other but actually sharing the same bit of road, the result of which was Dom flying like he'd been hit by a Tomahawk Cruise missile. I waited because I suspected this was the case, although I felt no contact, utterly ruined what was a really good, close battle we were having.
Not really. Initially my poor Mini was just rolling. It was only when it got right up to the fence that it actually jumped over it. Even for me it's quite hilarious in the replay. Equally funny was my consequent cross country excursion with only the Mini's little head bobbing in and out of sight of the tarmac bound contestants.

I told you to 'Go' because I'm of the opinion that in a case like this, where the disadvantaged party has no chance of a speedy recovery at all the offending party should just continue their normal race when given the blessing of the disadvantaged party. What's the point of having someone idling around a race track for a whole lap? It's immersion killing, puts two people out of the race rather than one and might even hinder other drivers.
I'm the first to support gentleman racing but I think in a case like this, it's taking it too far. When the situation is irreparable, a 'lap of shame' is not going to undo it. We're all old farts grown-ups. We should be able to recognize when it serves no purpose for the offender to just hang about and greenlight them in such a case.

As a compensation the disadvantaged party gets needling rights for at least a month. Which you will suffer....
Dominiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 January 17, 15:27   #16
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

I like it little enough when it IS my fault Dom, but in this one we have a nice gap between the two cars one second, then the cars are intermingled the next, which then resulted in your poor little Mini exiting stage left at a rate of knots no longer on it's wheels, catapulted away like it was being fired from an aircraft carrier......But, we were both trying to leave racing room, I could have run down the inside a few times, and you could have chopped my nose off more than once, it was an unsatisfactory way to end the situation all round...