alexmezza
Premium Member

If you don't want to hijack this thread, use the BPR one :

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=133616

alexmezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 February 16, 12:57   #502
Alonso Racing

Hey guys,

are there any informations of a release from the 1995-1996 Le Mans Cars for GTR2? That would be great, because actually i'am searching for more cars to complete some starting grids for the Le Mans races. I have installed some great mods, but especially for 1994-1996 there are not so much cars available.

Best regards

Alo
Alonso Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 March 16, 08:33   #503
Datak71

Hi guys!
...wondering if any release occured. A few month ago, I / we though it was about to finnally happen. Lights were green, and according to you, Vacan-D, Alex, erba,...,juste a few skins were missing, and you have told us you will release what you have and update later. It never happened. That was in last November.
So, we all asking : what has gone wrong? ...We don't blame you. We can't. We just would like to know, because we were so happy... We understand that you can be busy in life. I had myself to keep away from forums for long because of personal reasons. But I did'nt give up with my projects. My Le Mans is updated at F1 classic, and I'll try to give news of my Kremer K8. ...so please, don't give up with your fantastic project. And please, try to give news. Just a little thing, to tell us it's still alive. To restore hope. We are still counting on you. We are still supporting you. Dont give up!
Friendly,
Datak
Datak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 March 16, 09:00   #504
harvestmouse

"Wondering if any release occured." The answer is no.

I don't know, there are 3 or 4 GTR2 projects in this position. Almost ready, but not quite. I think the game is starting to lose popularity now (Verde said he was finished with GTR2) and I'm wondering if it's worth waiting to finish full mods.

Personally (and this isn't directed to anybody) I think release car packs as you have them; then if you finally complete all your cars release it as one big mod. I think the longer you wait, the less impact they'll have and the smaller the community to enjoy them. Where as if you release cars sooner, more chance of keeping players around that little bit longer.
harvestmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 March 16, 09:16   #505
Verde_msk
Verde

Thats true. Better to release something than nothing at all))

btw, I really think next 90s gt mod will be for something new like Assetto Corsa or rF2 for example.
I even started some new cars last summer, but can't finish it soon because of hard work and other...
Verde_msk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 March 16, 09:58   #506
Datak71

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvestmouse View Post
I think release car packs as you have them; then if you finally complete all your cars release it as one big mod. I think the longer you wait, the less impact they'll have and the smaller the community to enjoy them. Where as if you release cars sooner, more chance of keeping players around that little bit longer.
You are right my friend.
Obviously, things go often this way. Don't give anything to people, and they start to forget. Give them a little piece of fun, and they are back for a long time.
Unread 3 March 16, 13:14   #507
harvestmouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde_msk View Post
Thats true. Better to release something than nothing at all))

btw, I really think next 90s gt mod will be for something new like Assetto Corsa or rF2 for example.
I even started some new cars last summer, but can't finish it soon because of hard work and other...
Can you mod properly for AC? Isn't RF2 basically the same engine as GTR2/RF but with add ons? Can't GTR2 be made to look just as good?

I have GSCE and with some graphic plug ins I can't really tell the difference between GSCE and GTR2, but maybe that's just me as I think the FIA97 mod looks ok!!

I'm busy now, but for certain people I'm happy to make some stuff; like logos or such
Unread 5 March 16, 00:07   #508
old man

Just my 2 cents worth . . . I often look here for new cars for LM mods, and others, as I feel each car added, obviously, fills the grids.

After a great many years reading/watching my motor racing DVDs, books and magazines I feel these mods bring these lifeless photos to life.

I look forward to each addition and really appreciate the work and effort you guys put into these masterpieces.
old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 March 16, 16:28   #509
Datak71

+1...
Unread 5 March 16, 17:15   #510
erba72

I don't think GTR2 lost people, if we loved GTR2 few years, we love it for the rest of our life. I said it, I want it : GTR2 is again here, again in the head of alls simracers, definitly one of the best simulation game ever ... easely in top 5 of simracing (if we don't coun't rally games) and he is so definytly not died.

Otherwise, for the skinpack, alls skinners haven't any news of Vacant-D... we hope all he is ok ...
erba72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 March 16, 12:05   #511
Oederland

Dear everyone,

Sorry for cross-posting, but I have the feeling you might be able to help out. Some of you likely remember good old Sports Car GT. It's more than 10 years ago, but back then I liked to play that game a lot, as it offered a great variety of Le Mans cars, both GT and prototypes. I never really did any cars myself, but maybe some of you remember a guy called EnduroLM (that was me ) who put together lists of Le Mans / ALMS / FIA-GT cars created for SCGT at a long defunct forum (it might have been called something like speedsims), and where necessary, I also uploaded those cars on that forum. Long story short, that forum went down some day, I hadn't made any back-ups myself, I moved on and didn't have that much time left any more anyway.

Now some while ago I thought again of SCGT, and I gave a search to find out whether one could still retrieve some of those cars. Even back then already a lot of cars were converted from other games, e.g. there was a BPR mod (which is still available at Racecarsim). I'm mainly interested in the 90ies cars as such, not necessarily the SCGT versions, so I wouldn't mind to turn to a more up-to-date game if these cars/mods were available. Via Google I came across e.g. the SCC mod, however, this seems to start with 1998. But in this thread I found a picture of the TWR-Porsches which were created by Nugit for SCGT (BTW, Rookieofthemans, who was mentioned here as well, was that guy who uploaded cars at bhmotorsports, but he was into earlier Le Mans cars of the 70ies and 80ies mainly (no "newer" cars), among others those weird Domes). Back then we also had at least one of the C41 from 1995, although it must have been a rather early low-poly work and could have been a just slightly modified mesh from another car (too long ago to remember details). However, I remember that rather shortly before that forum went down, someone had created several of the LM95 or LM96 cars including prototypes, among others versions of Kremer K8 (of which we had already had cars before, the yellow Daytona95 #10 and the LM94 GULF #5 by Rene Falcon / Maltese, still available for SCGT here), definitely a Kuzdu (and possibly another version of the Courage cars), and likely some WR.

Long story short, and forgive me reminiscing about good old days , can anyone help me out whether there is any mod with those cars, or whether someone still has a collection of these SCGT cars (maybe someone even made a back-up based on my lists ), or, as some of you seem to have some of those cars, trying to convert those into your mods, how's the progress / which cars do you plan to make?

Best

Oederland

Last edited by Oederland; 12 March 16 at 12:21.
Oederland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 March 16, 18:08   #512
Vacant-D
Uploader

Hi All

Firstly, I'm back. Sorry for the long period of silence. New job, new country, new computer and no internet until today have basically kept me out of action since just before Christmas. Hence the complete lack of any news on my part!

Oederland. If you search for the prototypeSCC 2.49 mod for GTR2 it contains a very high quality kudzu, There is also Courage C41 and Ferrari 333SP (along with models of the R&S MK III and later versions of the WR (some of the cars just mentioned aren't in 95/96 liveries yet). Also the TWR WSC95 is available for GTR2 somewhere.
Vacant-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 March 16, 11:35   #513
bobwilliams

Arrow

Hello Oederland,

[off] Aahh, Sports Car GT! What a lovely game! My love started with it! ... coming from Need For Speed III I remember how fun was racing with my red Momo Force, pretending to race real endurance races... these were the years when I travelled through Italy with my dad to race my kart and see the Ferrari Challenge/Italian GT Championship races ... I'll never forget SCGT, it all started with this[/off]

Now that the most important things are said , I can tell you some of the missing prototypes of the 90's GTR2 lacks at the moment - I've compiled a list here, although it hasn't received update since the 2013, so new models may have been added in the last three years, especially by the said superb SCC mod.

(just dload the document attached in my post about my errr, failed, attempt in creating a whole new mod and go to the page #12)

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...5&postcount=59

EDIT: I can tell you by now the 911 Carrera RSR has been added to the GTR2 'car list' by a modeler nick-named Wildman, while one of the two kind of Kudzu is present as Vacant-D affirmed, the Audi R8R is out too. We lack a Lola Sintura, a Spice, an Hawk, a Keiler and a Kudzu (if you know these... I sincerely can't say a word on regard).

Take care.

p.s.: welcome back Vacant-D! Moved to the U.S.?
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 March 16, 19:59   #514
Vacant-D
Uploader

Hi Bob

Nope, I'm in Germany now
Vacant-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 March 16, 17:15   #515
Verde_msk
Verde

Hi all.
Will anybody release some of finished skins?
Verde_msk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 March 16, 09:18   #516
harvestmouse

Hans has been releasing some 98LM skins that are really nice for the LMRT 993. Tonitan has been making a lot of skins..........no idea what he's doing with them though.

Both of which are the years after this mod.
Unread 29 April 16, 17:39   #517
Dark Side

Are there any news on these beautiful skins? I see most of the GT cars from 95-96 are already about done judging by the pictures posted along the way so I was wondering if any more progress has been made?

Thank you!
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 16, 03:37   #518
fisicof1

So guys, back in the game after ages of wasting time at AC. Was checking back here for some updates of the projects I followed before switching over, when I just realized what Mr. 90s GTs wrote in the 1st post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacant-D View Post
[...]1995 - CONFIRMED/COMPLETE
CARS ALLREADY RELEASED BY OTHERS
#1 Euromotorsport - Ferrari 333SP[...]
Throwed it up to Google, unfortunately no result for this specific car. Does anybody have a link on that? Would be way too awesome!

Btw sorry for OT, but had to ask for that car. Keep up the good work, Vacant-D
fisicof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 16, 10:35   #519
Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisicof1 View Post
So guys, back in the game after ages of wasting time at AC. Was checking back here for some updates of the projects I followed before switching over, when I just realized what Mr. 90s GTs wrote in the 1st post:

Throwed it up to Google, unfortunately no result for this specific car. Does anybody have a link on that? Would be way too awesome!

Btw sorry for OT, but had to ask for that car. Keep up the good work, Vacant-D
it's on esport racing check for 333sp challenge.
Unread 11 May 16, 12:28   #520
fisicof1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
it's on esport racing check for 333sp challenge.
Thanks a lot!
fisicof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 July 16, 15:26   #521
Oederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacant-D View Post
Hi All
Oederland. If you search for the prototypeSCC 2.49 mod for GTR2 it contains a very high quality kudzu,
Sorry for the late reply. As far as I can see on the car list at this site there's no Kudzu included. But even if there were it would probably be not the right version. I was thinking of the DG-3 as seen at Le Mans 1995 (for which we had had an SCGT version in that livery back then; we also had the two WR LM94 from Le Mans 1995 and the two Kremer K8).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilliams View Post
Now that the most important things are said , I can tell you some of the missing prototypes of the 90's GTR2 lacks at the moment - I've compiled a list here, although it hasn't received update since the 2013, so new models may have been added in the last three years, especially by the said superb SCC mod.

(just dload the document attached in my post about my errr, failed, attempt in creating a whole new mod and go to the page #12)
Thanks for pointing to this. Unfortunately the late 90ies is where I start to lose interest (with e.g. Porsche 996 GT3-R ). I'd rather prefer to go with early/mid 90ies cars, they are cooler , also those protoypes going back to Group C cars with the roof taken off and such, but seems I have to wait for the GT cars to be released then for a start into the 90ies LM revival party

In any case, if anyone has still some SCGT files lying around I would be glad to receive a copy, feel free to contact me via PM. Thanks!

Last edited by Oederland; 10 July 16 at 15:36.
Unread 10 July 16, 16:43   #522
JeKoCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oederland View Post
Sorry for the late reply. As far as I can see on the car list at this site there's no Kudzu included. But even if there were it would probably be not the right version. I was thinking of the DG-3 as seen at Le Mans 1995 (for which we had had an SCGT version in that livery back then; we also had the two WR LM94 from Le Mans 1995 and the two Kremer K8).
The Kuzdu is included and it's the DG-3 as seen at Le Mans in 1995.
JeKoCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 July 16, 16:19   #523
Oederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeKoCZ View Post
The Kuzdu is included and it's the DG-3 as seen at Le Mans in 1995.
Alright, then the list I was linking to seems to correspond to an earlier version or it's just incomplete, whatever. But yes, it makes sense, I just received some SCGT files and Waterford was the author of those early 90ies prototypes (they were released in 2005 ), and his name is also mentioned below that list (had overseen that before).
Unread 6 August 16, 15:41   #524
nospheratez

Just found it at the Sochi's Sportscar Museum.

Hey, guys! Is this project is dead for release? It seemed that the progress went so well and everybody have been so excited and since then there's nothing but silence.
nospheratez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 August 16, 09:00   #525
99dk

Still woundring if theres any sigh if release? I think it would be best to just release all the current work and finnsh others lather..

Feels wird if i do some lm95 skins for my kremer k8 and there are barely any other cars to race against XD lol
99dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 August 16, 22:51   #526
old man

Please don't give up 99dk.

When your K8s are released it might inspire others to release something new.
Unread 18 September 16, 13:29   #527
Dark Side

I'm sorry for being a pain, but are there any updates? Many skins seem just about done... is there any hope for a release in the future?

Thank you
Unread 16 October 16, 16:59   #528
Datak71

PLEASE ANYBODY!!! Tell us this project is not dead... It has been so a pain to see all those cars being ready for a release, but never released... Once upon a time, some months ago, all the lights were green... But Something happened. What? We don't know... Just hope this isn't something bad for you, modders. Please, tell us everithing is okay...
Unread 17 October 16, 01:32   #529
old man

Sorry for going off topic, but, Datak71 are you still working on your LeMans 80s track?
Unread 25 October 16, 11:03   #530
Datak71

Yes i am! Slow progress lately, because i was in an operation abroad. Plus i brocke my pc, and had to use my old one, not able to lauch 3dsimed, even if i have copy of my files on external hdd. Just baught a new one, so...
Unread 26 October 16, 08:42   #531
old man

Thank you for the reply. I hope everything is fixable and look forward to whatever you can produce.
Unread 31 October 16, 23:09   #532
james02s40

It's 2016 soon to be 2017 is this deader than dead? It was a very good idea and the best years for sports car racing. All is lost with this? I keep checking back because the topic is something I'm very much interested in but if it's dead I would like to know. Too bad though.
james02s40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 November 16, 08:23   #533
99dk

No one has taken the ting to the table.. they all kept the work but not sure when it was right time to do an release. I guess they were waiting for a whole package that never came..

Otherwise i have been working on some 90snprototypes at a own topic.. im an amature but i should defintly fill some grids.
Unread 1 November 16, 16:36   #534
Crimson764

Quote:
Originally Posted by james02s40 View Post
It's 2016 soon to be 2017 is this deader than dead? It was a very good idea and the best years for sports car racing. All is lost with this? I keep checking back because the topic is something I'm very much interested in but if it's dead I would like to know. Too bad though.
If I remember correctly, the OP (Vacant-D), was moving house and into another country to boot. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's dead, it's probably just on hold until further notice. Of course, we don't know that for sure unless he, himself, gives us an update.
Crimson764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 January 17, 18:28   #535
HansKindler
Uploader

Hi All,
In 1996 there were around ten 911 GT2. Maybe i can paint a few.
HansKindler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 January 17, 06:00   #536
old man

That would be nice. You're work is always appreciated.
Unread 11 January 17, 06:27   #537
alexmezza
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansKindler View Post
Hi All,
In 1996 there were around ten 911 GT2. Maybe i can paint a few.
Check first post of this thread about missing paints.

All Porsches from '96 are painted, if I'm right...
alexmezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 January 17, 17:53   #538
99dk

the question remains.. will they be released? no offence but so many years has gone with this project.. From my recent conversation with vacant D so was he preatty bussy at the moment.. So i assume we wont se any skins of this mod avaible anytime soon..

so I would love if Hans would do them. IF the 1996 skins wont see tthe light anytime soon.. maybe Hans is the one that could bring them to the community..

atleast then im preatty sure we would have some skins avaible for 1996 atleast..

for other news.. me and Vacant d will try to do the courage c36... but he skins will be done when he has time for them.

@Hans kindler feel free to do any le mans 1996 skins! great job so far on the riley!

but!!
For the kremer k8 entrys.. they have been sorted out by some other community members + me..

thanks to Alex and shylphide. I can include le mans 1996 liverys for the kremer.

Im just waiting on Alex to finnish up the last things with his contribution. hes doing the lm95 liverys too... when alex has sent the completed files... i will finnish up the car and release it here at nogrip...

so Hans.. you can ignore doing the k8 liverys.. considering imo that my model with the help of alex and shylphide is alot more sutible then using another fictional model..

by Alexmezza

by Sylphide
Unread 13 January 17, 19:07   #539
Tano

Great Job! and yes...good news!
Tano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 January 17, 21:52   #540
HansKindler
Uploader

Great News with the K8. I will paint the Riley. Two Ferraris 333 SP were also at the start.
HansKindler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 January 17, 16:23   #541
Dark Side

Quote:
Great News with the K8. I will paint the Riley. Two Ferraris 333 SP were also at the start.
The Rocketsports / Belgium Racing 333SPs are done already!
What could be still done from the LMP field is the LMP2 Debora LMP296 which also exists. Also, maybe, the Kudzu DLM on the older '95 Kudzu available (same livery almost)
Unread 19 January 17, 20:09   #542
99dk

The wr lm96?
Unread 24 January 17, 16:46   #543
Gotcha

Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread or anything but I just wanted to thank HansKindler for some excellent skins for 90s Le Mans cars, especially the new '98 Porsche GT2s. Would there be any time for '98 LM Vipers (Oreca and Chamberlain) in the future? I haven't found those skins anywhere, and have been wanting to compile a '98 LM grid for years now...

Back on topic, I also want to thank 99dk and all the others for some great-looking Kremers and hopefully also C36 and early WR LMs. I've been following this thread for a long time now, the cars look great, and can't wait to drive them on the track!
Gotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 January 17, 09:32   #544
Alonso Racing

@Gotcha: There is an Le Mans 1998 Mod you can find on http://gtr2.forumgratuit.org/ Sorry, if it's not allowed here to post other links It's a bit difficult to register there if you're not french But i also found the mod on this website, which exist all 5 Vipers from 1998!

Personally, i just need three cars for 1998: The Kremer K8 and both of the Joest Porsche
Alonso Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 February 17, 18:47   #545
miuqana

The Joest Porsche 98 we only need the skins. From 95 and 96 a lot of cars are missing, mostly prototypes, The GT just needed to be skinned, apart from that stunning Renault Spyder...
miuqana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 February 17, 10:12   #546
harvestmouse

Calloway C7R GT1? I'm sure there are others.
Unread 6 February 17, 15:27   #547
99dk

Well im not gona say alot but if the community would like to help and contribute maybe i could do a car or 2..

For the moment i have barley made any results.. i spend alot of time waiting on another contributer helping me sorting out the kremer k8.. he was doing fixes and updates.. but alot time has gone without any news or progress.

I i think i have lost my patience and will most likely resume my work..

So by that.. expect some new updates and progress of the kremer!

BUT! I need help.. i cant the the cockpit gaues and motec to work.. i would like to if anyone would be intressted to help with this corncern.. otherwise expect a electronic free cockpit.

Then theres some skins to fill upp with.. the car is lacking lm95 liverys!

When i sorted out the k8 and the c36.. if there will be more cars in the furture i will support with my 3d experience. I feel i dont have alot energy for making complete ingame cars.

If i would do any gt cars the reanult spider and dauer 962 are looking like an intressting deal! But remeber i will only offer 3d meshes for them incase i have the energy or desire to complete them.. the finnishing procedure from model to ingame would most likley be up for the community.
Unread 7 February 17, 10:29   #548
harvestmouse

Well if you do those 2 cars. I will help out with the skinning.
Unread 7 February 17, 12:18   #549
99dk

well thats something great atleast.. now we would just need some intressted to bring the models ingame
Unread 7 February 17, 15:58   #550
harvestmouse

I'm not sure this is the best site for that tbh.