NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 25 August 16, 12:36   #401
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilliams View Post
LOLLOLOL, a real panacea, I'm sorry for all the 'Project Corsa' developers out there!

Personally I'm also a fan of the prototypes, and it's good that there's a sort of Reborn version of these thanks to the passionate far-sight of the unique Dave Henrie. Really, his 'Gandalf the Grey' avatar has sense!

I will upset a few skinners of random default cars and mods.

About 30% are packed from GameData
only 10% of those are packed with Talent in correct class.

The rest more then likely have them in Talent or included in the car with a read me what to do with the rcd.

I have to wonder....it would have been faster just to add for a example GameData\Talent\WSGT to the zip then to do a read me, heck of a lot easier for some newbie too.

After all isn't the whole idea of mods to make them seamless as possible.

Packaging is something GTR2 skinners could learn from their GTL counterparts.
DurgeDriven is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 August 16, 13:23   #402
Wozza_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozza_UK View Post
OK sorry to be a pain but this is really annoying me now. It's ruining the immersion of what is a really great mod.

I seem to remember reading a post somewhere that gave a fix for this possibly posted by Barry(?). However I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know of a solution, please?

Thanks,
It's OK I've managed to fix it. It seems the sounds in Reborn are from an old mod and the error has always been there. The solution is to delete or rename the following file:

GameData/Sounds/GTR2/Tires/roadroll_in.wav

I've done that and the 'clutter' has gone and it doesn't seem to have effected anything else.

Happy days.

Wozza_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 August 16, 09:21   #403
bobwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozza_UK View Post
It's OK I've managed to fix it. It seems the sounds in Reborn are from an old mod and the error has always been there. The solution is to delete or rename the following file:

GameData/Sounds/GTR2/Tires/roadroll_in.wav

I've done that and the 'clutter' has gone and it doesn't seem to have effected anything else.

Happy days.

Same thing happens with the 360 GT... I thought I was mistaking. Thanks for having noticed this (and having reported).
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 September 16, 18:03   #404
MikeKlimek

So I finally got around to trying this mod by setting up a full NGT grid at Monza at 102% difficulty. WOW! This mod seriously transforms this game. It is light years ahead of the vanilla installation. The AI can make mistakes, but they aren't boneheaded either. I really enjoyed the experience.

Quick note for anyone who tries this for the first time like I did: If you're driving a car like the Porsche 911 GT3-RS (like I was) and discover that it won't refuel in the pits because the crew keeps telling you to turn off the ignition--even though it is turned off--follow the instructions in post #320 of this thread. Problem solved (many thanks to Yurich & MoerasGrizzly).

And many thanks to the authors of this mod. This is GREAT racing!

Last edited by MikeKlimek; 22 September 16 at 22:10.
MikeKlimek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 September 16, 21:15   #405
Chronus

Location: Local Group, Milky Way, Solar System, Pale Blue Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlimek
So I finally got around to trying this mod by setting up a full NGT grid at Monza at 102% difficulty. WOW! This mod seriously transforms this game. It is light years ahead of the vanilla installation. The AI can make mistakes, but they aren't boneheaded either. I really enjoyed the experience.
[...]

And many thanks to the authors of this mod. This is GREAT racing!
You're welcome Mike.

That's what we were aiming for - people further enjoying GTR2 (and Race07/rFactor, when applied to it).

Cheers
Chronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 September 16, 21:54   #406
MikeKlimek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
You're welcome Mike.

That's what we were aiming for - people further enjoying GTR2 (and Race07/rFactor, when applied to it).

Cheers
I would say you definitely succeeded!

BTW, if you have a post you can direct me to that explains how to make the equivalent changes to Race07/rFactor, I'd much appreciate it. If not, no biggie, GTR2 with the reborn mod will keep me busy for awhile.
Unread 23 September 16, 00:05   #407
Chronus

Location: Local Group, Milky Way, Solar System, Pale Blue Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlimek View Post
BTW, if you have a post you can direct me to that explains how to make the equivalent changes to Race07/rFactor, I'd much appreciate it.
Ah, sorry, I have posted several times a sort of a guideline on how to adapt Reborn's AI to Race07 or rFactor...but don't remember in which threads. [Note: By the way, try and join Reborn with Vince Klortho's tips for rFactor, you'll be surprised.]

If you follow Barry's advices (Barry the Master, our IRG expert on GTR2 and F1C's AI), you can easily adapt Reborn to both sims.

Try and reach Barry (PM him), he'll gladly help you too.
Chronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 September 16, 00:35   #408
MikeKlimek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
Ah, sorry, I have posted several times a sort of a guideline on how to adapt Reborn's AI to Race07 or rFactor...but don't remember in which threads. [Note: By the way, try and join Reborn with Vince Klortho's tips for rFactor, you'll be surprised.]

If you follow Barry's advices (Barry the Master, our IRG expert on GTR2 and F1C's AI), you can easily adapt Reborn to both sims.

Try and reach Barry (PM him), he'll gladly help you too.
Ok, thanks!
Unread 10 January 17, 18:36   #409
Pokkel121

Great to see our work still being enjoyed IRG!
Pokkel121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 January 17, 11:02   #410
bobwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkel121 View Post
Great to see our work still being enjoyed IRG!
I think it's because the newest platforms can only offer mere better graphics and a more populated multiplayer experience.
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote