NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor

Unread 10 December 16, 22:20   #1
pawgy7

Default Any new cars coming for the 55 mod?

I downloadedand installed the new colors for the 55 mercedes but it would be nice to see a few different 1955 cars in this mod.
pawgy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 December 16, 22:49   #2
DurgeDriven

Probably because I don't think that is permission mod pawgy, ripped from GTL, so taboo here.

Get GTL and Lemans 55, awesome mate !

Everything you see above is repacked as JSGME mods, click 1 or all

LM55 is highlighted, that many makes and colour you won't decide

GTL Essentials looks as good as GTR2 Essentials
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 December 16, 09:39   #3
skiffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
Probably because I don't think that is permission mod pawgy, ripped from GTL, so taboo here.
By hastily jumping to the conclusion that it is a ripped mod, I think that you have completely misunderstood his request.

I believe he is actually talking about the entirely separate Mercedes W196 mod produced by Team Players and the skin pack that they produced to flesh out the grid by replicating the liveries of the other teams that competed in the 1955 F1 season.

pawgy7, I'm afraid that is all that you'll get from that modding team - they started out on producing a full mod for the 1955 season, along with quite a few other mods, but nothing was ever finished and the team fell apart years ago. I believe that there is a different modding group that is now working on the 1955 season though, so you may eventually get the full grid that you want.
skiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 December 16, 13:59   #4
pawgy7

Thanks to both for your reply's. I was refering to the 55 mercedes w196 mod. As a car it is quite fun to drive. I am addin some paint and decals to some of the skin pack for a little more diversion but nothing spectacular. It is great at the Monza High banks as seen on TV.

Regards
Pawgy
pawgy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 January 17, 22:57   #5
Formerly Punko353

pawgy7,

Yea, I still stop by here once in a while...

I closed down Team Players for a couple of reasons. The main reason was I was tired of putting hundreds of hours of work into doing a mod only to have it ripped off. The last mod I did was the Gurney Eagle Tribute and within 2 days I got pictures of it ported over to another sim, and the person was bragging that there was nothing I could do about it...

There was something I could do (and did it), that was to stop making free mods. I stopped working on the 55 mod and closed down Team Players. It really made no difference to me if the racing community never got to drive it or anything else I had in development.

Bob Russell (Punko353)

That being said, I have my racing rig still set up and it is the mod I enjoy driving the most. The Mercedes was just a sampler for that mod and the physics were refined a lot by Bristow on all the cars to the point he was quite happy with them so they were pretty much done except the couple of cars (Vanwall and Gordini) that had not been developed yet.

There is a possibility that I could be released if the circumstances were right.

It is a blast to drive and its a shame you all never got to enjoy it.
Formerly Punko353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 January 17, 23:51   #6
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiffle View Post
By hastily jumping to the conclusion that it is a ripped mod, I think that you have completely misunderstood his request.
His request was for more variety in a 1955 carset does it matter one is Grand Prix and one Lemans, Mercedes W196 was derived from the Mercedes 300 SLR

I know he can't get what he wants in that sim and I got a fair idea what he likes and I think he would like LM1955

I don't even know if he has GTL so there you go.

The mod is wonderful quality skins rich and deep, you have to see it, video does not do justice.

I never said it WAS ripped, I said I THINK it has been ripped, big difference.

If anyone was hasty it is you
Unread 11 January 17, 00:28   #7
Formerly Punko353

Since this is the rFactor forum I assumed he meant the Team Players 55 Mercedes. I don't remember who but someone asked permission to do the 1955 season by just painting the Mercedes with the colors and numbers.

I could be wrong but that is how I read it.

Bob
Formerly Punko353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 January 17, 00:38   #8
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Punko353 View Post
Since this is the rFactor forum I assumed he meant the Team Players 55 Mercedes. I don't remember who but someone asked permission to do the 1955 season by just painting the Mercedes with the colors and numbers.

I could be wrong but that is how I read it.

Bob

Personally Bob I think you better off putting any unreleased work into Assetto Corsa

http://www.virtualr.net/mercedes-ben...c-new-previews

Because nothing surer, if you did a rFactor version it's going to ripped into AC or AMS quick smart..

... and that is what 90% drive
Unread 11 January 17, 15:39   #9
JeKoCZ

Luigi70 after creating hundreds of cars for F1 Challenge, is porting over all his work to rF1 and all the cars are ingame. There's a bit of everything, from '50s to '70s and some prewar '20s and '30s in his pipeline aswell (or at least, I remember seeing some of those models for F1 Challenge). But '55 is definitely at the top of his list.

The team I was part of (CROMS, now named OMS or something like that) that made the '65 mod is currently working on a scratch made '58 mod aswell.

Then there is a scratch made (?) '49 Talbot for GTA San Andreas ( http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandre...bot-lago-t26c/ ) that could be converted aswell, and I've seen few models that were going to be added to the '37 mod such as the conversions from the dead game SRW, an Alfa Romeo 2300 converted from somewhere else and a Fiat Mefistotele (which is also known as the Beast of Turin) and that's pretty much it, but they all pretty much disappeared so God knows where they are or if they'll ever be released.

The old game "The Saboteur" had a lot of '30s and '40s race cars (which were badge-less, but clearly Alfas, Ferraris, Talbots, Mercedeses and the like, both in GP and sportscar form) aswell, which could be converted as both the game and the studio that developed it simply shut down, but again, nobody cares so nobody works on them.

As the "original" '55 is officially dead as confirmed above by its own author, these are all the -possible- alternatives you have.
JeKoCZ is offline   Reply With Quote