Driver/Division chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Geoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 February 17, 06:32   #403
SpecialKS

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasparGTL View Post
Hm, not good. The Alpine factory is not pleased with me.
Was hoping for a great battle with Eifelblitz in the Abarthand perhaps B2 in the big car.
Exactly the same intention here. Chose the Abarth because I was slightly faster with it than with the Elite and the Alpine. But unfortunately it was only a short fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasparGTL View Post
It seemed to work with our different strong points and we met on lap 1 and 2. But then I made a mistake in the last esses and lost contact with B2. Eifel waited I think, HATS OFF, twice, to get together again but alas he was victim of his kindness and died in his little Abarth.
Then I was all alone and far behind. I played with chat a bit and killed myself......
Sorry - I indeed did not wait but made a mistake on my own and left the track .
Generally the sidled part of the track is a challenge for me independant of the car I drive. There are two places where I prefer to crash/leave the track/get in trouble Consequentially I crashed out for good at one of these favorite places . Have to check whether I actually could finish one single race at this track

Results to be posted tonight (mediafire is blocked at my office).
SpecialKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 February 17, 07:49   #404
Nappe1
Uploader

This went a lot better. Most likely due sticking to the plan I made after choosing the car.
At first: Daz, No I did not plan to be lapped once.

As I knew being about 20 seconds per lap slower than the Leading Div1 machinery, I did also knew that If I don't pit twice, it will be extremely close call that I won't be lapped and I do not survive to the finish. So, As I expected to be far behind after first lap ends, my plan was to start with the full tank, pit after lap one for quick refill, then run to lap 8 and take full tank taking me to the finish line.

However when first lap was nearing to completion, I found myself from spot #6. So I decided to stay on track one lap more. after lap 2 I pitted filled the tank to full and had fully open road to keep driving steady 4:17 laps as planned.

Everything beyond excelency all the way to lap 9, when I pitted second time, taking fuel for 6 laps. As I nowadays drive with XD turned off (it certainly has too many interesting values distracting my little engineer mind from the primary action which is driving fast) I took 10 liters too much. If I had known my position against the overal leader, I could have taken only 50 liters (as for 5 laps) and so gained more time to hunt down Oldgeezer. As you will see from race report (which SpecialKS will soon post, thanks for that mate) I was reaching Oldgeezer about 2-3 seconds per lap. However I ran out of time to get anywhere near overtake zone.

It seems that my real strenght is in endurance races, which is actually logical as I do like driving long distances in real life too. 2-3 times a year I drive to lapland (depending exact place there it's 800-1000km drive) and even my girlfriend has gotten used to it that we'll do it with max 2-3 stops. My personal record for single day drive is from Alvdal, Norway to Pieksämäki, Finland (Via Umeå and Vaasa) which is ~1200km (+ 4 hour ferry). that took around 18 hours. Of course it is different driving with speedlimits and traffic rules than in race track, but nevertheless...

Too bad that the endurances in GTL are in short side.
Nappe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 February 17, 11:15   #405
CasparGTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialKS View Post
Exactly the same intention here. Chose the Have to check whether I actually could finish one single race at this track
Mate, if you have doubt, go back there on your own when you have an hour to spare and kill that ghost.
If you have a bit of patience, first make SURE you understand each corner and take a good line, focus on exits first, THEN entry and speed. (you seemed nervous and came out on the wrong spot at several corners)
I do this all the time, resulting in calmness instead of nerves and much more joy when you improve your laptimes. Treat the car as a real one, you wouldn't crash a precious Abarth or your neck would you?
Next up is Charade, another track you need to know well before going fast. It's a brilliant ride in the countryside if you can look at it that way. You can even just stroll around first and have a look at the nice trees and mountainside.
Good setups are all around you, just ask. I can send you some great ones by mail if you want.

I hope we can battle longer next time.
CasparGTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 February 17, 11:16   #406
Dominiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap7 View Post
Here are the results files.
Do you have a server replay and if so, could I have a copy?
I had GTL problems again. My screens went black three times. The first two were on a straight so it was recoverable apart from being mysteriously put back five seconds. The third time was at the worst possible place (the heavy braking at the short right hander) and it was end of race.
I'd like to see what my car was doing form the server's point of view in order to assess where the problem lays.

I'm about to throw in the towel with GTL. Nothing's changed, nothing gets updated, the install is exactly the same as it's been for three years and it's just going from bad to worse. No other game or application has any problems. All the hardware is fine. Sigh.
Dominiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 February 17, 13:36   #407
evilclive

Glad that the finish line freeze was AFTER the race was completed, I was a little paranoid over that and wondered if my 3rd place would be lost!!
Managed to find a little time at the weekend to test a few cars around a track that I know from GPL. I might be familiar with the track, but these cars don't behave like 1967 GP cars.
The Abarth was an option, but it would have been a challenge to stay awake as 90% of the lap was flat out, just waiting for the next corner to arrive and input some steering??
I liked the Volvo P1800 and got some good times in it, but the fuel consumption was a bit heavy and it looked like I might need 3 stops if I was too aggressive.
The SWB 250 GTO felt good and I was tempted to run with that, but again fuel consumption looked critical at full race pace.
As pitstops are my Achilles heel, I was very aware that each stop presented the opportunity to screw things up, so I was looking for something with "in flight refuelling and zero tyre wear". I quickly discovered that the Corvette did not meet my criteria, although it was very fast, and might even need 4 stops if I wanted to finish the race with any rubber on the wheel rims.
I did not have a setup for the Fez 250 GTO group 1 car, but thought I should at least give it a go. I was expecting around 6 laps from a tank, which would put it alongside most other cars and require 2 stops minimum.
Very surprised to find that I could almost squeeze 10 laps from a full tank!!! This had to be the car for me. I did not find any time for further practice until pre race qually last night and was stunned to set a PB by some 2 secs on my first flying lap.

John fired his E-type off the grid to pass me into T1 and relegate me to 3rd. Cap was in another league as far as I was concerned with his pole time, but maybe John was vulnerable in that E-type?? It depended on fuel consumption or tyre wear perhaps.

Cap, John and myself were able to pull away from the chasing pack as soon as we could use our extra grunt, and I was encouraged when I found that I had a higher top speed than the E-type and that a pass might be possible on the long straight in a few laps?
That all went t**s up when I touched the grass coming back through the endless Esses and cold tyres did the rest!!
Re-joined behind 3 battling cars. 2 of them were group 2's and it was relatively easy to power past them, but then I had a red 250 GTO ( Dominick) who refused to offer a passing opportunity for several laps. I thought that I might get a chance with slipstream down the long straight but I did not have the confidence in my braking to risk it. Then I spotted that I was quicker past the café on the return run. On the next lap I timed it wrong and caught him too early forcing me to lift and lose momentum. The next lap I got it right and was able to slip past and take off after John, who I could see occasionally up ahead.
The rest of the race was a waiting game for me hoping that either ( or both) Cap and John would pit early, or for longer than I intended to. All I would need was fuel, the tyres would easily last the race .
I should have known better!! Those two are too experienced to get caught out by such a simple miscalculation and there stops were only a lap before mine.
Although I managed to :-
a) hit my pitbox first time
b) disable tyre change
c) re fill tank with fuel

without any probs, I think I missed the "repair" option and although before the pitstops I was only 5 secs behind John, I rejoined approx. 30 secs back. I also realised that I did not need to take on a full tank, 75% would have got me to the finish comfortably!
BTW Is there a way to preset your pitboard instructions?? or do you have to run through the options at each stop and amend what are default settings??
The rest of the race was quite lonely and I only lapped a couple of cars.
Interestingly I found the car easier to drive as I lost grip on worn tyres and could drift it through the corners, setting my FL on the penultimate lap. Perhaps I should start races with second hand tyres??!!
Grats to Cap who was flying in his GTO and to John who certainly had that E-type hooked up.
Looking forward to Charade, which might present a different challenge.

3rd place was a satisfying result

Last edited by evilclive; 3 February 17 at 10:27.
evilclive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 February 17, 16:39   #408
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclive View Post

BTW Is there a way to preset your pitboard instructions??
Not that I am aware of Clive, it is possible in P&G using XD but not in GTL, unless anyone knows different.

Having run out of Div 1 drives, it was a Div 2 car for me. Tried both the 250 SWB & the E-type Coupe and although the Ferrari was quicker, the Jag seemed to steer better & was easier to get through the endless Esses alongside the river. However I was going to struggle to win the class with Daz driving a 250 SWB.

Race started well as I nipped ahead of Dom, but his 250GTO was soon past come the long straight. Passed a recovering Clive later on the first lap but lost the place again on the uphill drag from T3. Onto the long straight I was amused to see Daz driving through the lake on the right, but the smile was wiped from my face as his car suddenly shot across the track into my path approaching the kink. Was sure the ensuing collision would have killed my car, but no, it still drove OK only lacking a little front grip. Daz had waited for me to rejoin & we set off to regain lost places.

Having regained a few I had to slow down & start short shifting otherwise I was not going to make 8 laps before pitting. Then came the second mishap, just got a rear wheel on the grass coming out of the slow LHer at the bottom end of the track & spun off into the River! Fortunately it was very shallow & I was able to get back on the track.

Pitstop completed it was then a case of driving hard to try to recover any more places. Eventually caught Mike's 250 SWB with 2 laps left but despite trying could not find a way past, well defended Mike.

Congrats to the podium, thanks to Cap for the server & hope you all enjoyed it.
Unread 2 February 17, 20:43   #409
SpecialKS

Cool

Results:

gtl-gtr2-racing.lima-city.de/Virtual63WSC_01022017

Unread 2 February 17, 20:44   #410
mikeharley

My goal was to survive to finish and I did it and I got 5th! Superhappy... Only once went off the track.

Geoffers: Last two laps were scary for me... Had to stay on track and keep you behind. Heartrate was like 200 and my hands were sweatting. Last lap I had to take extra closely and keeping lines in good smooth... It was fun.

Congrats to podium!
mikeharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 February 17, 14:09   #411
BillThomas

Thanks Geoff, Cap7 and Kurt for organising this Series, the Server and the detailed Results. Congrats to the Podium, it was an enjoyable evening. New PBs in qualifying and the race, had short battle with Casber. He tried to overtake me on one of the tracks many curves where he was quicker than me in his Alpine. Tried to pass me around the outside, don't know if he was thrown by lift off or we actually touched, I didn't feel anything in my 250 GT SWB so gave him a "Sorry" and carried on.

Passed Nappi1 whilest he was in the pits and then had a battle with him for a 2 or 3 laps he'd catch or pass me in windy bits and I'd pull away or repast him on the fastest section.

Pit stop went to plan, not repairing bodywork, not replacing tyres and filling the fuel tank. Had a quiet drive to the end except for leaping a fence, just after the lake, and finishing up in a Calvert or a least an up ramp with a marshal with a green flag at the top and back onto the track. Luckily the car handled OK enabling me to finish the race.
BillThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 February 17, 18:19   #412
CasparGTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillThomas View Post
had short battle with Casber. He tried to overtake me on one of the tracks many curves where he was quicker than me in his Alpine. Tried to pass me around the outside, don't know if he was thrown by lift off or we actually touched, I didn't feel anything in my 250 GT SWB so gave him a "Sorry" and carried on.
Of course you didn't feel a thing!
haha, just kidding.
I was trying to take advantage of my cornering speed but underestimated it at the same time so I went off road.
Unread 5 February 17, 06:00   #413
BillThomas

Geoff can you please provide a link to the next race track, Charade?
Unread 5 February 17, 10:27   #414
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Geoff can you please provide a link to the next race track, Charade?
This one Bill.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=43661
Unread 5 February 17, 11:42   #415
BillThomas

Geoff is this link correct? Latest table of races (I know of, Post #228) shows the track as Charade whereas your link is for "Clermont - Ferrand 1965 Full & Light".
Unread 5 February 17, 13:25   #416
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Geoff is this link correct? Latest table of races (I know of, Post #228) shows the track as Charade whereas your link is for "Clermont - Ferrand 1965 Full & Light".
Yep, its correct Bill, Clermont Ferrand & Charade are the same track, just different names.

Oh yes, it is the 'Full' version we will be using.
Unread 5 February 17, 14:23   #417
BillThomas

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
Yep, its correct Bill, Clermont Ferrand & Charade are the same track, just different names.

Oh yes, it is the 'Full' version we will be using.
Thanks Geoff for clarification, I have heard of Clermont Ferrand but not Charade!
Unread 6 February 17, 21:09   #418
Geoffers
Premium Member

GTL 1963 World Sports Car Championship

Round 14 - Wednesday Feb 15th 2017

Track: Clermont Ferrand 65 Full

Race - All Divisions
Qualifying - 30 mins - 8pm UK/9pm Europe
Race - 16 laps - 8.30pm UK/9.40pm Europe

Fuel Usage - x2

Server - Virtual63WSC
Password - 63WSC

Cars

Division 1
Chevrolet Corvette C2 (D)
Ferrari 250 GTO
Jaguar E-type Lwt (D # 851 & 853)
Shelby Cobra 289 (D # 873)

Division 2
Aston Martin DB4 GT
Austin Healey 3000 (D)
Ferrari 250 GT SWB
Jaguar E-type Coupe (D # 820)

Division 3
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA (D)
Lotus Cortina (D)
Triumph TR4
Volvo P1800S

Division 4
Abarth 1000 TC (D)
Alpine A110 1000
Lotus Elite (D)
Mini Cooper S 970 ‘65

Cars marked (D) are default GT Legends cars

Add-on cars download pack http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1...C_car_pack.rar

Thanks to The Sky & NeelJ for the track & Cap7 for the server.
Unread 14 February 17, 19:42   #419
cap7
Premium Member

Server's up.
cap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 February 17, 23:38   #420
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Server's up.
Unread 15 February 17, 06:37   #421
SpecialKS

Looking forward to this one - even without any practice
Unread 15 February 17, 23:33   #422
Geoffers
Premium Member

Points standings after round 14:

Driver/Division chart:

Unread 16 February 17, 05:31   #423
Nappe1
Uploader

Avoiding collision with alfa who was not fast enough for my 1000cc mini took me the la-la land in lap one. And this finalized my div 4 drives. Not that it made much of a difference, as I was going to be 4th in my class anyway with extra refill handicap.
Mini was the only car that I survived and made fast laps in my practice sessions. That's why I changed my original plan about using my last div4 run in St. Roch. It is easy to be wise afterwards but maybe I should have skip this race alltogether. After 3 more div4 cars showed up, I had nothing to win. Or then start with Corvette and dnf in lap one. Result would been same execpt I still would have the last div4 run unused and I would have scored full 9 points for div1.

3 more serious races for me (2 for Healey and one for Triumph) and in rest three I will be helping mike to find setups and in race I am just filling the starting grid.

As I have heard many times that it's all about the practice, I have set target for the Saint Roch: before the event day, I will have driven the course thru at least 300 times. Started last night with 15 practice runs.
Unread 16 February 17, 06:15   #424
BillThomas

Thanks Geoff for organising the Series and Cap7 for providing the server. Not my favourite type of track, too many sharp curves. Set new PB in qualifying and another on lap 2 fighting with, I think, Clive's Abarth and Kimi's Volvo. After that I had a short battle with Kurt after he had an off, then I managed to pull away.

I pitted on lap 8 and Kurt on lap 9, he managed a faster pit stop and rejoined ahead of me and then slowly drew away from me leaving me to finish last on the road.
Unread 16 February 17, 06:31   #425
SpecialKS

Found a driveable setup for the 250GT SWB, so I decided to take it for this one.

Set pb's in quali and race and was on my way to a possibly below 3:50 record lap - but obviously I wanted something inaccessible and had my first of several major offs which dropped me to last.
Made a late and quick pitstop after lap 10 without repair and without new tyres which enabled me to pass Bill again. After the pitstop a smooth one with the intention to see the chequered flag.
Really like this track - it's a real challenge and kind of a French Nordschleife.
Did one lap on the old Charade track way back in 1987 during my first holidays
in that region (was kind of a public road at that time).

Thanks all for organizing this series.
Unread 16 February 17, 09:07   #426
evilclive

Grats to the podium guys and thanks for selecting such a fun circuit.
As usual, I only did a few laps on the server on Tuesday evening to check that I had the correct circuit etc. and just grabbed the Abarth as something to run around. I knew the track layout from GPL races, so nothing too scary.

I had intended to get onto the race server early and try out a few more cars,( maybe the Volvo?) but real life got in the way, so with only about 10 mins of qually left I bit the bullet and stuck with the little Abarth. I was concerned about the lack of raw power to get up those long hills, but figured that as it was such a benign car I ought to get to the finish?
Without a proper lap I started last on the grid and immediately caught a warning as I had to go into the pitlane to avoid the rear of the car ahead!! Following the pack the lack of horses under the bonnet was obvious as they all pulled away on the straight.
I feel here that I should apologise to Bill2. He must have wondered what the hell I was doing as we approached the beginning of the downhill switchback and I shot past him on the inside, only to hit the bank and spin.
Well....for me the section before that from T2 onwards was absolutely flat out in the Abarth with no lifts. My ideal line into the twisty section was a late downshift and barely touch the brakes until the first real hairpin. I discovered that Bill's method was different and he was braking where I was merely downshifting. As a result I was suddenly closing at an alarming rate on the expensive rear end of a Ferrari 250 GTO. So I threw it down the inside hoping that I could keep the little tin box on the tarmac and avoid taking Bill out of the race....it almost worked, but the tighter line required defeated the grip of the cold tyres and the rest is history.
I made too many mistakes to ever challenge the main pack and most of my race was run on my own. I did pick up a few places from others misfortune and also lost a couple when I discovered that taking a tight line on that final corner put the entire Abarth to the wrong side of the white line and gained me a SnG!!
But, that Abarth was HUGE fun around this track. Throwing it down the hill through the series of hairpins at stupid speeds, then from the bottom of the valley it was flat out all the way up the hill ( at least, as long as there were no abandoned Volvos parked on the track !!)

At the end of the Race I was catching Bob's Alfa and there might have been a chance of gaining another place, but by then the tyres were reaching the end of their useful life and I asked just a little too much of them. Yet another spin dropped me back too far and I cruised to the finish in 7th(?) place....with a big grin on my face.
Unread 16 February 17, 15:19   #427
BillThomas

Clive, I'd have thought by now you'd known I'm a cr*p driver. I'm unable to drive tight corners without braking into them and modulating the accelerator around them, whereas I can attack fast long curves. I'm too old and set in my ways to change now.
Unread 16 February 17, 17:14   #428
evilclive

Quote:
Clive, I'd have thought by now you'd known I'm a cr*p driver. I'm unable to drive tight corners without braking into them and modulating the accelerator around them, whereas I can attack fast long curves. I'm too old and set in my ways to change now.
No excuses on my part Bill. It was lap 1, I should have been a little more circumspect when following other cars and expected the car ahead to perhaps brake earlier than I needed to. It did make things rather interesting though!!!
Unread 16 February 17, 22:02   #429
SpecialKS

Smile

Results:

gtl-gtr2-racing.lima-city.de/63WSC_Clermont_15022017

Unread 16 February 17, 23:33   #430
Geoffers
Premium Member

Thanks Kurt.
Unread 20 February 17, 13:06   #431
Geoffers
Premium Member

GTL 1963 World Sports Car Championship

Round 15 - Wednesday Mar 1st 2017

Track: Col St Roch (Hillclimb)

Race - All Divisions
Practice - until 8.30pm UK/9.30pm Europe
Race - 2 runs - 8.30pm UK/9.30pm Europe

Fuel Usage - Normal

Server - Virtual63WSC
Password - 63WSC

Cars

Division 1
Chevrolet Corvette C2 (D)
Ferrari 250 GTO
Jaguar E-type Lwt (D # 851 & 853)
Shelby Cobra 289 (D # 873)

Division 2
Aston Martin DB4 GT
Austin Healey 3000 (D)
Ferrari 250 GT SWB
Jaguar E-type Coupe (D # 820)

Division 3
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA (D)
Lotus Cortina (D)
Triumph TR4
Volvo P1800S

Division 4
Abarth 1000 TC (D)
Alpine A110 1000
Lotus Elite (D)
Mini Cooper S 970 ‘65

Cars marked (D) are default GT Legends cars

Add-on cars download pack http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1...C_car_pack.rar

Thanks to Jcrr for the track & Cap7 for the server.

Notes

This is the third of the hillclimbs in this series. Like the previous hillclimbs it will be run as a time-trial in 'Qualifying' mode, with drivers setting off individually at 1 minute intervals. Each driver will get 2 runs, with the best time of the 2 counting for the final results.

Starter for this event will be Nappe1.

Cars will be set off according to divisions with Division 1 first. Nappe1 will call each division to the line & will set each driver off with a countdown using 'chat', make sure you have 'chat' enabled. It would be best if the fastest drivers in each division went first.

It is advisable to turn off your engine whilst waiting for the start to avoid using fuel & running out before finishing!

Practice will run from server start until 8.30pm UK/9.30pm Europe.

Please keep chat to a minimum during the runs, preferably not at all (except for the starter of course!) until everyone has finished their run.

If you are caught by a faster driver/car, kindly let them pass at the earliest opportunity.

Once you have finished your timed runs or if you retire, please press 'ESC' & return to the paddock, but please stay on the server until the conclusion of the event. Otherwise your times and/or presence may not be recorded & you may be missed from the results

Any drivers who do not complete a run will be given the same finishing position & any relative championship points.
Unread 27 February 17, 17:17   #432
seniordan

My good friend Peter Greendike would like to join us in Wednesday's Hillclimb fun.

Dan.
seniordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 February 17, 19:26   #433
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniordan View Post
My good friend Peter Greendike would like to join us in Wednesday's Hillclimb fun.

Dan.
Unread 28 February 17, 19:59   #434
cap7
Premium Member

Server's up.
Unread 1 March 17, 10:56   #435
Nappe1
Uploader

Unread 1 March 17, 11:50   #436
BillThomas

Quote:
Server's up.
Thanks Cap 7 went on OK last night but it is not available now.
Unread 1 March 17, 12:10   #437
SpecialKS

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappe1 View Post
Great vid, great track

But - my best so far is 5:21 in the 250 SWB
I think I'll start as last on the grid in order to avoid overtaking maneuvers

CU tonight.
Unread 1 March 17, 13:23   #438
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialKS View Post
Great vid, great track

But - my best so far is 5:21 in the 250 SWB
I think I'll start as last on the grid in order to avoid overtaking maneuvers

CU tonight.
I at last got my Adruino Mini development kit and started development last night... If we are lucky, I will have small robotic friend plugged in USB port and giving the starting squence messages. If this happens, I will be running in any else spot than last as I have started from there almost every single hill climb since start of Virtual ETCC series.

We'll see how far I get with the code sending keystrokes via USB HID device before the race is too close to begin.
Unread 1 March 17, 18:57   #439
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappe1 View Post
I at last got my Adruino Mini development kit and started development last night... If we are lucky, I will have small robotic friend plugged in USB port and giving the starting squence messages. If this happens, I will be running in any else spot than last as I have started from there almost every single hill climb since start of Virtual ETCC series.

We'll see how far I get with the code sending keystrokes via USB HID device before the race is too close to begin.
And my robotic friend is ready to send us on our way. Starting interval will be one minute and there will be 30 seconds and 10 seconds pre-notices, before "GO GO GO!" As the chat messages are sent by programmed USB dongle, the timing will be very exact.
Unread 1 March 17, 19:41   #440
Nappe1
Uploader

hmmh... Server might need a restart. Lobby says that EvilClive is in the WSC63 server, but when I join, I am the only one in there....
Unread 1 March 17, 19:45   #441
johnw

I've just joined, can you see me?
johnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 March 17, 19:52   #442
johnw

Geoff and I are in.
johnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 March 17, 19:58   #443
cap7
Premium Member

I've restarted the server, try it now.

In my experience sometimes the lobby is a bit behind what's actually happening on the servers, it doesn't seems to refresh sometimes.

Having said that, I did rebbot the router this morning, forgetting the server was running at the time, that might have caused odd things to happen as well.
Unread 1 March 17, 22:00   #444
Nappe1
Uploader

Thanks everyone joining, Congrats to everyone who were able to do their personal records.

I have other commitments in two weeks so have a nice races at Enna and Goodwood. I will return to one more hillclimb and one endurance before the season ends.
Unread 2 March 17, 10:50   #445
evilclive

I was shocked when I saw in chat how much practice some of you put in for these events. Up to 500 runs up a hillclimb!!???? are you guys serious or what??
I am actually kicking myself, because I almost took the Cobra or Corvette just for the sheer stupidity of it. I would have been a cert for class win I think?

In the end I chose the Lotus Cortina as somehow the right car to see on this road...and because I can't drive those infernal front wheel drive boxes!!
I think I did 2 aborted ( crashed) runs before Wed evening. Then about 10 attempts early evening with maybe 2 complete runs, with a best of 5:27secs.
On to pre event practice and a few more attempts, gradually learning the course and I started chipping seconds off my runs. Got it under 5:00 just before the event started.
Then I saw John's time at around 30+ secs faster!!!??? and those infernal Minis in the 4:30's.
I don't know if others found that all of the walls and barriers were "sticky" and the slightest contact would grab the car and pull it sideways. So keeping it clean was a priority.
My first run netted a 4:51 (?) with a "make sure you post a time" approach as the route began to make sense.
I felt that I could find some more time if I risked a little more so I attacked the 2nd attempt. I was showing at around 3 secs up at around halfway and was hoping to pinch a couple more on the top half of the climb, when I got a little out of shape under braking and the front end was grabbed by the scenery. Extricating myself from that screw up cost me around 6 secs and spoiled a possibly good run.
Maybe with 500 attempts I might get that Dagenham Dustbin into the 4:30's but that would be a perfect run and any thoughts of challenging John in his TR4 would be dreamland.

Grats to all of those who completed the climb, and especially the fast brigade!
............and still kicking myself for not trying the Corvette and sneaking a class win, but I suspect that one or two others might feel the same??? lol
Unread 2 March 17, 10:52   #446
Geoffers
Premium Member

Results for Col St Roch

1st - JohnW (Triumph TR4) 4m26.169s
2nd - Cap7 (Alpine A110 1000) 4m38.850s
3rd - Mike Harley (Mini 970) 4m39.475s
4th - Daz (Abarth TC) 4m41.005s
5th - Geoffers (Mini 970) 4m42.534s
6th - SeniorDan (Mini 970) 4m47.150s
7th - Nappe1 (A-H 3000) 4m49.345s
8th - Clive (Lotus Cortina) 4m51.392s
9th - Eifelblitz (Ferrari 250GT SWB) 5m05.995s
10th - Bill Thomas (Volvo P1800S) 5m16.875s
11th - Caspar (Alpine A110 1000) 5m32.975s
12th - Peter Greendike (Mini 970) 6m02.275s

Last edited by Geoffers; 2 March 17 at 13:07. Reason: time corrections
Unread 2 March 17, 12:24   #447
CasparGTL

Well, that was big messup.
On both runs I crashed. On the first run I was stuck on a wall for a long time and before I could get away Harley came screamin round the corner and couldn't avoid me anymore. How he still got 4.43 is beyond me, well done.
It was fun but I still have fps issues with GTL (not rFactor etc) where I get sudden drops in fps for some seconds and then all is well again.
Grats to all!
After the runs we did a race and then I could get 5.05 easily.....
Unread 2 March 17, 19:38   #448
seniordan

For Evil......
Congrats to Evil Clive for finishing 8th with hardly any praccy at all. Well done!
Of course it's understandable that you get nowhere near the times of "us"(Huh??) aliens when you know we take things very seriuosly. Preparation for the average event is pretty tough. Things will invariably start with a firm group hug followed by some reconnaissance laps on foot, 10 laps is considered a bare minimum, and then after a light lunch and a couple of beers for old friendship's sake, we'll jump on our bikes for another fifty laps, lead by Cap who will provide us with interesting details on the track's structure and possible danger spots. Next some of us (Cap and Daz) rush off to the gym for a 5 hours workout session while the rest of us return to the pub for a technical analysis(huh????) of the coming event and another couple of beers for God knows why's sake(sorry). Finally we get out the cars for at least 500 laps to become familiar with the track. John likes to drive in front which we allow him to do. The same goes for the race, John hates driving behind someone and because he tends to get very depressed if he has to, there is a general understanding to always grant him first place. Mind you we think he isn't aware of this, so mum's the word.

If you'd ever feel the urge of completely shredding the peck order, I'd say: Put some effort in your racing man !

Cheers,
Dan (never really successful ex- GPL driver)
seniordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 March 17, 23:30   #449
Geoffers
Premium Member

Oh well done Dan, now everyone knows the secrets of how the aliens are so quick!
Unread 2 March 17, 23:31   #450
Geoffers
Premium Member

Points standings after round 15:

Driver/Division chart: