NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Files > Downloads

Unread 12 July 10, 21:33   #1
System
Automated Poster

Default Indy Car 2007 Indy 500 Setup for GTR2 by hEiNz12

A setup to use on the Indianapolis Oval track with LVracerGT'S 2007 Indy Car mod. It works good for me, but is far from perfect I think.
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 July 10, 21:33   #2
System
Automated Poster

Default A new version is uploaded

Version 0.2 of "Indy Car 2007 Indy 500 Setup" is uploaded. View the file details
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 July 10, 12:10   #3
APTEM

APTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 July 10, 20:45   #4
Chris308

Downloaded your set-up and it's pretty good. 350 km/hr works out to 218.75 MPH. In the garage it shows a VMax of 232MPH.
The set-up I use shows 228 MPH in the garage. On the track I get a VMax of 220MPH (alone), w/ a lap-time of 42.607.
I tried running a 50 lap race w/ 33 car grid, and opponents set to 120%. I qualified over 5 secs better than 2nd place, and lapped the field in 12 laps !!!!!!!!
I've tried adjusting the parameters for drafting & tried to get the opponents to go faster, but NOTHING works.
This seems to be a problem w/ the game as I have had this happen w/ all open wheel mods on oval tracks. The only reason I can think of for this is that the game is set-up for road courses & can't handle ovals. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Chris308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 July 10, 07:44   #5
retep87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris308 View Post
Downloaded your set-up and it's pretty good. 350 km/hr works out to 218.75 MPH. In the garage it shows a VMax of 232MPH.
The set-up I use shows 228 MPH in the garage. On the track I get a VMax of 220MPH (alone), w/ a lap-time of 42.607.
I tried running a 50 lap race w/ 33 car grid, and opponents set to 120%. I qualified over 5 secs better than 2nd place, and lapped the field in 12 laps !!!!!!!!
I've tried adjusting the parameters for drafting & tried to get the opponents to go faster, but NOTHING works.
This seems to be a problem w/ the game as I have had this happen w/ all open wheel mods on oval tracks. The only reason I can think of for this is that the game is set-up for road courses & can't handle ovals. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Open AIW in the some track folder with notepad and edit best adjust on 120 % to 1.3 maybe.
retep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 July 10, 09:27   #6
Asio

I have the slow Ai problem too. I think that is releated with the mod becouse if you look to the AI's camera car you will notice that they don't use the full trottle and that they never go faster than 300km/h on the straights. I tryed to found a solution with the Ai setup guide in this forum bu I didn't find anything. In any case I don't think that raise the best adjust will fix the problem becouse the AI just stop at 300km/h
Asio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 July 10, 04:47   #7
patrik1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris308 View Post
I think you should give the this setup the ai too, otherwise they use the default .hdc based setup, which will result in very slow top speeds for them (alternatively you can edit the default setup elements in the .hdc file, but i don't recommend that). if you hit 'default' in the garage menu (that's what the ai drivers are using if you don't give them a proper setup), you can see that the wing setting is 18 or something both front and rear which is way too much for an oval. If you name the .svm files correctly and put it into the right place it should work - at least it did for me...

If i remember correctly real drivers in indy use negative wing settings for indianapolis, which behave almost like a wing of an aeroplane - it lifts the car and reduce drag so that they can go faster and faster... In 2007 top qualifiers did 225 mph laps (in practice there were even better laps some in the 226-227s) which is well under 40 seconds per lap.

here are some real world lap-times: http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/var/assets/stats/500/2010-fastest-race-lap-1951-present.pdf
patrik1345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 July 10, 07:23   #8
Malmst33n

Malmst33n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 February 17, 00:19   #9
Manmilk_Fanboy

where can i find the indycar mod?
Manmilk_Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote