NoGripRacing.com
Unread 5 February 17, 12:14   #1
miy1925hassun

Default Gtr 3

It seems it may finally be happening people. http://www.bsimracing.com/more-gtr3-...w-screenshots/ What do you think ? Is it legit ?
miy1925hassun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 February 17, 12:27   #2
David Wright

I think its legit. They seem to have a pretty good grasp on what a GTR sequel should feature though the Blancpain logos on the screenies apparently can't be taken as an indication they already have this license.

Will it happen? The GTR franchise has been plagued with problems in the past. In 2007, GTR for XBox was canned because of licensing issues. The last GTR announcement in 2011 was canned because of development partnership issues. Lots of things can go wrong. GTL2 has been postponed because of ill health. So who knows? Its still early days.
David Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 February 17, 14:19   #3
GTR233

Some Sector3 team members have said at RFR that they have been working for several weeks now with Simbin crew : GTR3 will not interfere with RRE as it is a different project and only a (small) part of Sector3 team is working on it. So yeah, this time GTR3 will be back in 2018 for sure
GTR233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 February 17, 17:32   #4
miy1925hassun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR233 View Post
Some Sector3 team members have said at RFR that they have been working for several weeks now with Simbin crew : GTR3 will not interfere with RRE as it is a different project and only a (small) part of Sector3 team is working on it. So yeah, this time GTR3 will be back in 2018 for sure
I can only hope so I've been waiting for a proper endurance racer(or at keast a sportscar racer) for a long time now. I mean there is rFactor 2 and I'm having the time of my life with the Enduracers ES mod but it still doesn't have that "tightness" if you will compared to a dedicated game like GTR 2 or other Simbin titles have.
Unread 6 February 17, 20:13   #5
smokey1226
Premium Member

This is the latest? I've seen at RaceDepartment.

http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...n-2018.131230/

http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...leased.131425/.

It says they hope to have a Playable game out, ( a few cars & 1 Track ), by Summer & Full Version out in early 2018. Looks good, can't wait. If your a GTR2 fan, it's worth the time to go over & read & look at early Pics.
smokey1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 February 17, 22:00   #6
JoeSchmoe

As long as they keep the core attributes that made GTR2 popular for so long, with those graphics it should be great! Hope they tune up the AI though........
JoeSchmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 February 17, 11:11   #7
syhlif32
Premium Member

Was first very excited but it is very early.
Taking the best features from Gtr2 and RRE would make a great sim.
Hopefully sales on PS4 and XBox and bring in sufficient money so the PC version can get Modding!
syhlif32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 February 17, 18:34   #8
nasdriv87

I hope I can buy a new or make a update on my pc to play this...

I do have all titles from Simbin, even RaceRoom and R3E...
nasdriv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 February 17, 05:51   #9
pistoncup
Uploader

I hope they can add all the LED night lights to the cars .
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 February 17, 17:09   #10
scca1981

While I hope its successful and builds on what GTR 2 was, I feel like i'd be more excited for a GT Legends 2 instead. Maybe 70s/80s cars this time?
scca1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 February 17, 17:25   #11
Nordschleife

Quote:
Originally Posted by scca1981 View Post
While I hope its successful and builds on what GTR 2 was, I feel like i'd be more excited for a GT Legends 2 instead. Maybe 70s/80s cars this time?
Or between the World Wars. Twenties and thirties might be interesting. No downforce, some powerful cars at the end of the thirties. I've hardly seen any cars of this era.
Nordschleife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 February 17, 17:27   #12
scca1981

That would be cool too. Maybe as a separate selectable class.

Don't get me wrong I love modern race cars. But every game has them now. Its the same cars over and over just in a different game.
scca1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 February 17, 20:17   #13
JoeSchmoe

I agree with that, even the newest sims I have are only for the "Classic" content. Both Nord's and scca's ideas are far better that another batch of the same old stuff. But I'm quite biased........
Unread 9 February 17, 20:18   #14
PassiveObsessive
Uploader

To be honest I can't think of a modern sim that doesn't have GT3 cars in it now. I think fleshed out IMSA fields would go down well in a GTL2.

For GTR3 I hope it gets a licence for a good series or two with varied cars.
PassiveObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 February 17, 23:00   #15
Pete Conway

To be honest I feel that it's not the content that we should concern ourselves with as that is always addressed by the community (assuming it's on a modifiable platform) it's the basics that I hope are scrutinised so that all of the 'hard coded' stuff doesn't work against us.
The things I'm on about are Mainly AI oriented though to some extent would affect the On-Line players too,
>Pit stop work and Strategies, Repairs and variables in set up between teams with similar cars.
>Proper flag usages with punishment for Crazy AI behaviour, along with the game's ability to note the difference of the player taking a short cut and the player being launched off by a AI competitor.
>The ability for the AI to overtake with minimum loss of time and fuss.
>That track limits affect the AI as well as the player.
>Variables in wear/damage repair (not just the same old always 99.5 seconds for suspension etc) more things to go wrong with. engine/transmission/brakes/electrics/Tyres all of which could affect the outcome of races.
>Changing light levels throughout the day and light, and changing weather over the course of the race.
>A better work around for the old and outdated 'Cold brain' which most times sees the player able to charge from the back to front in two laps.
I'm sure some of the old hands here will tell me that much of this is available in A/C, PCars, RF2 or whatever else I have no experience of, but it's always the things that modders can't really change that are the things that spoil a great game, or at least leave us wanting.

I'm wondering if On-Line could include the 'private groups' with the rest of the field made up with AI.

Something of a 'wishlist' addition would be for a Race weekend to include the possibility of a 'race card' where the player and indeed the some of the AI could participate in more than one race over the weekend via different classes at different times, though that would probably be best left for GTL2 as it's more likely that today's GT3 drivers would not be allowed to run the wheels of a proddy car just before a Championship decider in their £1 million race car.

Either way I'm looking forward to having to spend a heap of wedge on a PC to play this 'hopefully' new sim
Pete Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 February 17, 14:05   #16
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Conway View Post
To be honest I feel that it's not the content that we should concern ourselves with as that is always addressed by the community (assuming it's on a modifiable platform)
I really doubt GTR3 will be a mod platform, and I think the days when modders will provide your primary content are over.
Unread 10 February 17, 18:08   #17
niconob1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
I really doubt GTR3 will be a mod platform, and I think the days when modders will provide your primary content are over.
Absolutely agree.
niconob1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 February 17, 18:33   #18
Pete Conway

So really then it's nailing itself to the list of generic Forza/Gran Turismo clones with less cash behind it and a strong history in a different format... marketing disaster waiting to happen.
Pete Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 February 17, 22:02   #19
syhlif32
Premium Member

Quote:
Assetto Corsa is and has been for the last few years the platform with most new mods.
And while I do not know the exact numbers I would think they out sell all other platforms in respect to DLC.
The trick for me looks to be to support modding but bring out high quality tracks and car packs.
While I am not a fan of the encryption system AMS does that or similar system could protect intellectual rights.
RRE with offline mode and modding would sell like hot cakes
syhlif32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 February 17, 01:46   #20
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
Assetto Corsa is and has been for the last few years the platform with most new mods.
And while I do not know the exact numbers I would think they out sell all other platforms in respect to DLC.
The trick for me looks to be to support modding but bring out high quality tracks and car packs.
While I am not a fan of the encryption system AMS does that or similar system could protect intellectual rights.
RRE with offline mode and modding would sell like hot cakes
I think what David meant is that you no longer see the multitude and in-depth of mods like you used to see in the past. It has been so for a number of years now.

You no longer see things released or in the making with the size and scope of P&G for GTR2, Redline GTP for NR2003, SBDT's GTR2002 for F1-2002, and others like F1 1979, DRM revival and Historix for rFactor. Not to mention GPL, which has also lived beyond any expectations thanks to the modders.

While I'm sure the AC and RF2 current modders do their best for the given platforms, I don't think modding in those can even compare. It's not even close.
Modding no longer offers what used to be complete game changers, with huge and quality content that, in the circles of mainstream gaming, could be considered as huge expansions, for free, for a given game.
We can blame the baren racing platforms and the increased complexity of these newer sim games, but IMO it's also a state of mentality of a newer and different userbase. And not just from the general userbase but also from those running a business with racing games, who seem to much prefer to do without it.
DucFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 February 17, 02:01   #21
DucFreak

Quote:
(...)
GTL2 has been postponed because of ill health.
(...)
Those are really, really sad news.
I've just read the latest info on RD and hope the fella recovers (health comes first).
I guess the complete silence from the developer, for what has been a year now (following the only bit of initial news we had), was not making for a good prognostic of the state of the game.
Very sad for me because GTL2 was the only racing game I envisioned bringing me back to sim-racing in that passionate way, that "hands at work" motivation sense which I used to get all those years ago.
I still think that GTL2 development could still happen with the right people, more so with the ammount of talented modders that do know about these cars and are probably willing to help and participate. But yeah, it is very sad.

Not too interested in GTR3, tbh. The racecars now are a lot more generic (IMO) and utterly "electronic-ized" (even more), although at least GTR3 would be a propper racing game made around a real racing series, and not yet another mish-mash of generic cars&tracks content.

I honestly doubt that, today, GTR3 can top the release of GTR and its improved sequel GTR2, looking back in their respective days. For that time period, GTR was a well born racing game, with great foundations. The right racesim at the right time.
GTR was really desired back then (more so following the colossal release of SBDT's GTR2002 mod) and I don't think that's the case today, although the name certainly has weight (from its past success). It brings expectation because of that and, I believe, this newer game title is mostly riding on that.
Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be really good.

Last edited by DucFreak; 11 February 17 at 02:38.
Unread 11 February 17, 02:43   #22
DurgeDriven

More chance to improve sound with Unreal 4 Duc ?

Blancpain GT Series, 24hr features, physics, tyres, FFB and full DLC seasons they would grab a good share of the GT3 market.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 February 17, 03:00   #23
DucFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
More chance to improve sound with Unreal 4 Duc ?
Yeah, could be (who knows?). Heard good things about the audio in Unreal Engine latest versions, but that was not about racing games.
With that said, I believe you can use UE4 and still use another sound-engine of your choice (Miles, Wwise, Fmod, etc), so maybe this new SimBin team will use what was in R3E and implement it there (no idea, really)? Just speculating, no idea tbh.
Unread 11 February 17, 04:41   #24
JoeSchmoe

R3E does sound great.......
Unread 11 February 17, 14:19   #25
pistoncup
Uploader

Raceroom GT3 car sounds are very good . The cockpit sounds are best I have heard in any game.
The engine sounds are like you are in the car.

Last edited by pistoncup; 12 February 17 at 03:18.
Unread 12 February 17, 00:17   #26
PassiveObsessive
Uploader

Fairly sure I heard/read somewhere that the main guy who did sound for RR3 is going to assist with GTR3. I think there will be a bunch of other people too, but that guy will be involved. Don't quote me on that though.
PassiveObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 February 17, 21:07   #27
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Yeah we are going to use Unreal 4. In GTR3 we will have full weather adjustablity, day night cycle, much improved car damage over what is industry standard at the moment as well as a new particle system and a modern UI system. Additionally we are going to improve on the physics found in RaceRoom Racing Experience and take over the best bits of the audio from RaceRoom as well.
Sounds good p

Quote:
We want to make the tech as shareable as we possibly can. I know at some point you have to branch it off and make it bespoke to the client, but we plan to have a shareable code base that we can pretty much tailor to any racing game, be it Formula One, GTL, WRC etc
Sounds great

http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...bin-uk.131589/
Unread 15 February 17, 21:14   #28
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Yes it has to be that, simple as. GTR has always been about offering the user this unforgettable driving experience and we need to 100% achieve exactly the same with GTR3.

I refer to what I said earlier, GTR had a driving school before, GTR had the ability to turn driving aids on and off so why would we do it any different? At the end of the day it’s about offering an experience everyone should enjoy whatever settings you may choose.
A sim that MUST have aids in a menu ? Which don't ? that is not real !

I still think they all miss the point of multi versions.

Each version tailored specifically for Novices, Ama and Pros alike !

It should not be about what settings you can choose but what you can't.

It would be a obvious way of increasing sales as well ?

As a novice got better he would buy the next version then go to Pro paying each time but a reduced price.

Each version would have "some" unique content......... like a training car for each level.
Unread 15 February 17, 21:24   #29
pez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
It should not be about what settings you can choose but what you can't.
In terms of assists like ABS, TCS or auto-clutch, the most realistic setting would have them almost all forced on with modern GT racers.
pez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 February 17, 21:34   #30
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by pez2k View Post
In terms of assists like ABS, TCS or auto-clutch, the most realistic setting would have them almost all forced on with modern GT racers.
Yes for sure but the levels should be different for gentleman, ama and pro alike.

You can still spin a real GT3 with TC
So there should be 3 definitive TC grip levels across the 3 versions with Pro being the hardest

There would be no aids on cars that do not historically have them.

So gentleman version would have say low damage , AMA would have mid damage and Pro would have full but you would only be able turn off completely in the gentleman version.

that would be trick

It would get rid of fantasy arcade settings for Pros
Free up at least 2 menus

Like in Pro version there is many buttons I would ban but in Gentleman they could use them.

Example: Gentleman would have rear view Button, Pro would not........ etc etc etc

So the sim "versions" would become a natural progression as you get better, faster.

Some Pros may find it is too hard and go and buy Ama
Some Gentleman may find it is too easy and buy Ama too

So all servers would have drivers most comfortable with a specific version....... not all thrown into 1 soup.

Quote:
Yes it has to be that, simple as.
Why ?

Quote:
so why would we do it any different?
To offer a new, challenging and exclusive idea ?
Increase sales from some buying multi versions ?

Quote:
experience everyone should enjoy whatever settings you may choose
A experience everyone should enjoy ........whatever sim version you choose

I can't believe no one else in all the years has ever seen potential in my idea to break the mold

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 15 February 17 at 21:57.
Unread 16 February 17, 07:57   #31
pistoncup
Uploader

Reminiscing GTR2, car models with aerials, bonnet pins, 3D grills and all that fine detail stuff . Instead of models that look like they popped out of a jelly mould .
Unread 16 February 17, 11:30   #32
bobwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Conway View Post
To be honest I feel that it's not the content that we should concern ourselves with as that is always addressed by the community (assuming it's on a modifiable platform) it's the basics that I hope are scrutinised so that all of the 'hard coded' stuff doesn't work against us.
The things I'm on about are Mainly AI oriented though to some extent would affect the On-Line players too,
>Pit stop work and Strategies, Repairs and variables in set up between teams with similar cars.
>Proper flag usages with punishment for Crazy AI behaviour, along with the game's ability to note the difference of the player taking a short cut and the player being launched off by a AI competitor.
>The ability for the AI to overtake with minimum loss of time and fuss.
>That track limits affect the AI as well as the player.
>Variables in wear/damage repair (not just the same old always 99.5 seconds for suspension etc) more things to go wrong with. engine/transmission/brakes/electrics/Tyres all of which could affect the outcome of races.
>Changing light levels throughout the day and light, and changing weather over the course of the race.
>A better work around for the old and outdated 'Cold brain' which most times sees the player able to charge from the back to front in two laps.
I'm sure some of the old hands here will tell me that much of this is available in A/C, PCars, RF2 or whatever else I have no experience of, but it's always the things that modders can't really change that are the things that spoil a great game, or at least leave us wanting.

I'm wondering if On-Line could include the 'private groups' with the rest of the field made up with AI.

Something of a 'wishlist' addition would be for a Race weekend to include the possibility of a 'race card' where the player and indeed the some of the AI could participate in more than one race over the weekend via different classes at different times, though that would probably be best left for GTL2 as it's more likely that today's GT3 drivers would not be allowed to run the wheels of a proddy car just before a Championship decider in their £1 million race car.

Either way I'm looking forward to having to spend a heap of wedge on a PC to play this 'hopefully' new sim
I loved this post, Pete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
Those are really, really sad news.
I've just read the latest info on RD and hope the fella recovers (health comes first).
I guess the complete silence from the developer, for what has been a year now (following the only bit of initial news we had), was not making for a good prognostic of the state of the game.
Very sad for me because GTL2 was the only racing game I envisioned bringing me back to sim-racing in that passionate way, that "hands at work" motivation sense which I used to get all those years ago.

[...]

I honestly doubt that, today, GTR3 can top the release of GTR and its improved sequel GTR2, looking back in their respective days. For that time period, GTR was a well born racing game, with great foundations. The right racesim at the right time.
GTR was really desired back then (more so following the colossal release of SBDT's GTR2002 mod) and I don't think that's the case today, although the name certainly has weight (from its past success). It brings expectation because of that and, I believe, this newer game title is mostly riding on that.
Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be really good.
My exact thoughts...

Modding:
if they don't make the contents moddable as in GTR2 currently happens, I'm sure they will lost their 'aficionados'. It's true that market has changed and so one has to follow the numbers (and the numbers) only, no matter their tastes, but leaving a fully modding platform to rFactor2 only looks a bit... too less.

I mean, where would all the GTR aficionados then go? rF2 looks still incomplete: myself, I initially planned years ago to purchase the product, then, seeing its constant "patchy nature" forgot the plan without any complain.

It would be a fully sane decision for them keeping the platform open: firstly because they can always stole the modders 3D models and starting car-data as base for their next work (and please, don't tell me this bad practice has never occured), secondly because you keep the old and new 'aficionados' coming.

You don't go conquering a man's heart if not by fully unleashing your passion (this applies to women, cars, and sim-ology ).

And... if so, it will probably keep the product sold for a longer time (GPL anyone? ).

Last edited by bobwilliams; 16 February 17 at 11:53.
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 February 17, 12:43   #33
David Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilliams View Post
I...but leaving a fully modding platform to rFactor2 only looks a bit... too less.
ISI, the inventor of the racing sim mod platform, have said their next racing sim is "not rF3". The strong implication is they see the mod platform concept as dead. rF2 has certainly struggled in terms of sales, and Gjon, head of ISI has talked about how the modding scene has changed since rF1 (far fewer mods).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilliams View Post
And... if so, it will probably keep the product sold for a longer time (GPL anyone? ).
Developers and publishers don't really want you to buy their old product at £5 a copy. They want you to buy their latest at £30-40 a copy.
Unread 17 February 17, 16:21   #34
bobwilliams

Unhappy

Quote:
ISI, the inventor of the racing sim mod platform, have said their next racing sim is "not rF3". The strong implication is they see the mod platform concept as dead. rF2 has certainly struggled in terms of sales, and Gjon, head of ISI has talked about how the modding scene has changed since rF1 (far fewer mods).

Developers and publishers don't really want you to buy their old product at £5 a copy. They want you to buy their latest at £30-40 a copy.

It's sad. The modding concept is exactly dead because they intentionally made the platform since start so next-gen and fragmented (patches galore!) that in the long run they found themselves "running on the wheels" of a never-ending developing product.
My question: how does one sell a never-ended product? I'm not getting this marketing gimmick. And so, I'm among those which are definately not buying this: and perhaps it's me, and many other users as you suggested, David. And perhaps this is exactly why the modding scene on rF2 is so poor.

In their market strategy I only see the presumption of riding the market choices out of the well-trodden path of an already working formula, and this is proved because everybody has rF1! (except me and few others madmen which insist in booting GTR2 and GTR2 only because I need no formulas or dune buggies).

Correct me if I'm wrong, David, perhaps I left something out of my reasoning: is it possible so "many" people bought an unfinished product? Only one year ago and half the ISI finally added the 'positional shadow' (this is just an example) on the cars: a feature already present in GTR2 since 2006...

Then...
you have of course a point when you are affirming that one has to sell as much as possible at the higher price as possible.

But...
I'd really not believing why GTR3 would have to follow the same philosophy of rF2... unless some directors in Manchesta are willing to mistake the GTR franchise for a brand of freezers. That might as well do... That would be an example of a work accomplished without any passion to the real heritage which is behind the simple letters 'GTR2'. If so, I'm quite sure the new SimBin Studios will always fail in creating a new milestone... And this is not just fanboyism.

(heck it seems pretty similar to me as selling Ferrari to the Great Wall company - with all due respect to that asiatic automotive industry)

[ Gosh, if it's so, GTR is dead; long live GTR2. ]

[p.s.: sorry for my long reply, I'm the one not completely sane here ]
Unread 17 February 17, 17:06   #35
DucFreak

It's not like there haven't been any disapointments and failures before in this genre but, got to say, RF2's case is very curious, isn't it?

From a super sucessfull modding platform with the original, to a very confused and nonconsensual sequel.

Maybe the product took too long to establish itself? Being forever in "beta" stage can't help, surely.
RF2 was presented in 2009, released in 2012, and then initial impressions were not of a "huge upgrade" when compared to the original. It kept feeling old and trully unfinished when it got out of beta stage.
Modding and its accessibility became more complicated with RF2, when the original RFactor was so accessible and proven, so much that it felt surprising how bad they got that for RF2.
The graphics were so underwhelming, when that's so important for the general immersion with a simulator.
ISI also seemed a little "unaware", distant from the reality, slow and small in numbers, quite strange considering they always were considered "one of the greats", supposedly with good understanding of this community.
Then the (bad) optimization problems, which I think caused more problems with insatisfaction and poor sales numbers than ISI will want to admit (thankfully, they had a Demo).

This new SimBin team should register the issues with RF2 following the original RFactor, and learn something from it, to avoid similar mistakes with GTR3.

Last edited by DucFreak; 17 February 17 at 20:17.
Unread 19 February 17, 23:59   #36
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucFreak View Post
It's not like there haven't been any disapointments and failures before in this genre but, got to say, RF2's case is very curious, isn't it?

From a super sucessfull modding platform with the original, to a very confused and nonconsensual sequel.

Maybe the product took too long to establish itself? Being forever in "beta" stage can't help, surely.
RF2 was presented in 2009, released in 2012, and then initial impressions were not of a "huge upgrade" when compared to the original. It kept feeling old and trully unfinished when it got out of beta stage.
Modding and its accessibility became more complicated with RF2, when the original RFactor was so accessible and proven, so much that it felt surprising how bad they got that for RF2.
The graphics were so underwhelming, when that's so important for the general immersion with a simulator.
ISI also seemed a little "unaware", distant from the reality, slow and small in numbers, quite strange considering they always were considered "one of the greats", supposedly with good understanding of this community.
Then the (bad) optimization problems, which I think caused more problems with insatisfaction and poor sales numbers than ISI will want to admit (thankfully, they had a Demo).

This new SimBin team should register the issues with RF2 following the original RFactor, and learn something from it, to avoid similar mistakes with GTR3.
+1

They bit too much off to chew then lost valuable staff seemed to slow it down, pouring out more content was their answer.

Would have been better if they completed the handful of cars and tracks first released.

For me any negatives were swept away as insignificant from the first drive.
First build for me at least was a physics revolution.
Suddenly I was driving cars that actually felt like they had tyres !@! lol

The " bad press" imho over exaggerated things and in the next breath barely scratched the surface about physics.

9.5 for AC / pCars and 7/10 for rF2, you kiddin' me .......rubbish

Most reviewers focused on negatives, what it was missing, rather then what it had

imho the quality and compatibility of the steering wheel and hardware you run has more to do with a enjoyable rF2 experience then in any sim.
Unread 21 February 17, 10:05   #37
Stan111

ISI have killed rF2 themselves from the start, when they tried to make money with the new multiplayer business model, and on the back of the modding scene.
But it has the best physics of all the sims and a new studio for the developpement (with new rules and objectives), so let's hope it finally get the attention it deserve...
Stan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 February 17, 09:20   #38
fgk108

Please make it free to play.
fgk108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 February 17, 10:30   #39
David Wright

Simbin say it will follow the conventional model where you buy the game, so it won't be using the R3E free to play model.
Unread 25 February 17, 16:51   #40
miy1925hassun

Quote:
Simbin say it will follow the conventional model where you buy the game, so it won't be using the R3E free to play model.
Oh thank God.
Unread 26 July 17, 17:21   #41
celsinho

So... Summer“s half way done and no clue of the demo promised
celsinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 July 17, 16:04   #42
bobwilliams

Whoops, they did it again. (just enjoy the nearly-infinite mod content for GTR2, my suggestion )
Unread 27 July 17, 19:54   #43
Highbank
Premium Member

It'll be a console game at best, I bet...that's where the gold lay...they all seem to have figured that out...downloadable games for gameboxes...
Highbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 July 17, 20:47   #44
DurgeDriven

I don't know why FIA and GT3 have not brought a developer, they would have a monopoly

They could have the most authentic series releasing GT3 skin sets before time
and updating sponsors every race, not whole cars

Best of all millions could go back to circuits and teams