NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > Leagues > Wednesday Night Racing

Unread 12 February 13, 20:18   #1
KDiesel

Default Where all drivers are gone?

Seems like we lost lot of old regular racing fellows this season. I donīt know is it because this new 50 P&G / 50 GTL system or what, but itīs time to wake up from your graves guys and start press pedal for your medal...

Kimi
KDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 February 13, 22:58   #2
Snowcat

Sorry for missing the last 2 races. Crewing a late dress rehearsal at work and then "Darn Sarf" last weekend to help at an Anime' convention in London.

I should be back on track again for the 17th.
Snowcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 February 13, 02:15   #3
johnw

I'm off skiing at the moment, will be back in action next Weds
johnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 February 13, 20:00   #4
psyfungi

I harass Heeby-Jeeby on a weekly basis to do SNR and get regular promises and regular excuses.

Watty's still here. So is Frex. Caspar makes occasional appearances.

Maybe an "old timers" reunion? Anyone able to contact Dan, Joel, Pero, Anton, Ralph_B, Reppu & Roger?

While we're at it, look up SuperPask, 23Heure, Kongo, PeterRST, Fletch & pmcclarnon. And who was that American guy who did IRL dirt track racing. (Edit: Marty351!)

**** it, get Mississippi back. When I'm drunk enough he'd be a challenge!

EDIT: Hope nobody I mentioned has died and I missed the memo 8/

Last edited by psyfungi; 17 February 13 at 18:04.
psyfungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 February 13, 00:03   #5
KDiesel

An "old timers" reunion, you are a genius Psy, that would be fun, a "new timers" are welcome also I presume.
Unread 17 February 13, 18:03   #6
psyfungi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDiesel View Post
An "old timers" reunion, you are a genius Psy, that would be fun, a "new timers" are welcome also I presume.
Of course! The "new timers" would no doubt kick the rusty ex-Aliens' butts!
Unread 23 February 13, 14:23   #7
IbnSolmyr

I have some things to do before going back. I should be back in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
IbnSolmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 February 13, 21:56   #8
psyfungi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDiesel View Post
I just sent out 20 PMs... lets see what happens.

Dan (founder and we need a statue of him somewhere!) blocks PMs.

Joel's inbox is full and can't receive new messages. Might see if I can poke him via "the green hell"

I'm really worried Bill Guilliame (however spelled) isn't with us any more.

SuperPask probably stuck on latrine drill in France somewhere...

Dammit... there's someone I've missed... often regular racer and great forum mod... 6 letter name I feel ... "red" comes to mind.... I'll go ... NO PIZZAMAN!

lemme find the right spelling (PizzaHut is "red", right? )
Unread 24 February 13, 16:20   #9
jammyozzy

Got your PM this morning psy, I can't do anything before the end of April as I'm trying to finish my degree but after that I'll have some free time to come race with you guys again. I did do a race a few months ago and the itch is still there I just don't have the time to commit right now.
jammyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 February 13, 14:40   #10
billsmithem

Hey Psy,

Still alive and kicking here, but I've let life, medical issues and other interests get in the way of my racing. Last time I set up the rig was the last time I raced with y'all.

I'd been dealing with constantly increasing vertigo and nausea for the better part of last year, which at this point appears to be related to a whiplash injury suffered forty years ago. I was having nasty spells in the middle of the last couple of races with y'all.

I've been improving quite a bit the past few months and I've thought about digging everything out a couple of times lately, but I have to rearrange so much of my office to set up that I've talked myself out of it each time.

Maybe what I need is a commitment to show up for a particular race to get me jump started again.

Take care,
BillS

Gettin' old sucks, but the alternative sucks more.
billsmithem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 February 13, 18:53   #11
KDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmithem View Post

Gettin' old sucks, but the alternative sucks more.
Unread 26 February 13, 04:00   #12
Bill Guillaume

Howdy guys!

I am still lurking around. Was able to start racing again a while back. When are you guys runnning now?
Bill Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 13, 10:43   #13
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Guillaume View Post
Howdy guys!

I am still lurking around. Was able to start racing again a while back. When are you guys runnning now?
Still running at the old time Bill.

Sundays, qually at 19:00 UK, race at 20:00
Wednesdays, usually 2 races qually starting at 20:00 UK

Currently we run GTL & P&G3 on alternate weeks.
Geoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 13, 12:14   #14
Nappe1
Uploader

I am extremely busy (momentarily, of course the spike of business had to hit just before the season start... Just my luck.), but still trying to make the F1 Venue Championship 2013 to happen, if there's just interest for it. What are the plans for the Wednesday races starting from 13th of March?
Nappe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 13, 17:50   #15
analogkid66
Artist & Sim Track Maker

Im still here you old buggers!! ...although im starting to sell off a few things pc game wise, i'll never part with my Racing Wheel and my racing games, trying to be all proper and be a real Artist, not easy, working on my first one man show in June, but im sure i can fit a sunday race in!

Martin.
analogkid66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 13, 18:27   #16
cap7
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappe1 View Post
What are the plans for the Wednesday races starting from 13th of March?
Last year we had the F1VRC as our Wednesday race on the weeks it was on and it seemed to work. I expect we'll do the same this year
cap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 13, 21:01   #17
Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid66 View Post
Im still here you old buggers!!
Oi! Less of the........ and the...... oh well, on second thoughts
Malcolm Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 13, 21:43   #18
Ralph_B
Supermoderator

That's crazy! Believe it or not, was remembering today, how much fun it was to race with you online, guys. And right this moment got Psy's PM.
Yeah, I'd give it a try. But I think, I'd have to start at the invention of the wheel. Have not the slightest idea how to get online with GTL again. Whenn remembering right, it was for the last time, when Gamer's Crip hosted our races. Maybe someone can give me a startingpoint without having to read the complete forum first. I still have the same install of GTL since we raced on the No-Grip servers.

Last edited by Ralph_B; 26 February 13 at 23:02.
Ralph_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 February 13, 22:27   #19
analogkid66
Artist & Sim Track Maker

i was getting a little tired of being Captain slow, so i gracefully bowed out!...think i was annoyed at myself at how i couldn't really get a good setup and feel the cars in GTL.
I have recently played more of Race07 and created a BTCC championship after watching last years real BTCC of which i have loved since the 80's...miss those races here, but thanks to youtube can watch all of them on the big tv!
Unread 26 February 13, 23:13   #20
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_B View Post
That's crazy! Believe it or not, was remembering today, how much fun it was to race with you online, guys. And right this moment got Psy's PM.
Yeah, I'd give it a try. But I think, I'd have to start at the invention of the wheel. Have not the slightest idea how to get online with GTL again. Whenn remembering right, it was for the last time, when Gamer's Crip hosted our races. Maybe someone can give me a startingpoint without having to read the complete forum first. I still have the same install of GTL since we raced on the No-Grip servers.
Hi Ralph, good to hear from you again.

To get online with GTL you need to read this thread.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=184088

I presume you have GTL running, if not & you have Win7 then there are other things you have to consider as original GTL will not run & you either have to get the cracked version or the latest version from Raceroom.
Unread 27 February 13, 07:02   #21
Nappe1
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap7 View Post
Last year we had the F1VRC as our Wednesday race on the weeks it was on and it seemed to work. I expect we'll do the same this year
That would be nice.
I am trying really hard to push the initial thread and infos out as soon as possible. The Bellett will be late comer, but other than that the car set is pretty much selected. Unfortunately, No one has had time (Cale has been really busy as well) to test the cars and how the new comers fit in, so this is a bit like 5 years ago; no one exactly knows, which car will be the safest bet.

There's changes in car list and races will be around 10 minutes shorter than last year but other than that, it will be pretty much like last year.
Nappe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 February 13, 10:08   #22
Ralph_B
Supermoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
Hi Ralph, good to hear from you again.

To get online with GTL you need to read this thread.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=184088

I presume you have GTL running, if not & you have Win7 then there are other things you have to consider as original GTL will not run & you either have to get the cracked version or the latest version from Raceroom.
Thanks - that is exactly what I need. Funny, it was me myself who made this topic sticky half an eternity ago.

Yes, good old GTL (cracked version) is still running on my computer, but indeed with all the old server-settings. Was a bit more engaged in pCars within the last months, but GTL is not forgotten. Still a lot of great cars that never will make it into pCars.

When I've readed correct, the race-format and starting-time has not changed over the years. Probably I'll appear in one of the next GTL Sunday-evening races - as far I get it right with the server-settings.
Can't promise about the P&G-races, as I haven't installed GTR2 and P&G anymore, but maybe worth a try, too. I didn't like the physics in the old pre-versions, but have heard, there have been a lot of changes in the final release.

Last edited by Ralph_B; 27 February 13 at 10:29.
Unread 27 February 13, 11:52   #23
bobken

It would be good to have you back on track if only to see if you are still as quick in the BMW as you were then. Always had good races with you on the grid, Bob.
bobken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 February 13, 13:03   #24
Ralph_B
Supermoderator

Don't know, if I'm still fast. Got a bit rusty during the last years without racing .... I think, I'll be less fast in qually, but more constant during race. Have learned lots about setup and not loosing my nerves.

It's a bit more complicated to get online than I thought. Must do a new, or better said second install of GTL. Have changed so much in my old version (car-classes, physics ...) that I'll expect countless mismatches. However, will do my best to meet yon track again.
Unread 27 February 13, 19:49   #25
psyfungi

Man, great to hear from you guys Ralph, Analog, Jammy (Good luck with Uni!), Bill G, Bill S.

Roger PM'd me: doesn't even own a wheel anymore! But life is treating him juuuuuust fiiiiine. Check out his kid... gorgeous!

Unread 27 February 13, 20:33   #26
Ralph_B
Supermoderator

I'd never sell my wheel (exept for exchanging it for a better one) or my racing-games ....
Even I cancelled online-racing never stopped simracing in general.

Some words about some other guys Psyfungi obviosly tried to contact: Anton Animal, Kongo, Reppu and PeterRST will not show up anymore, I assume. They all haven't visited NG for about 2 years. Sorry, but the chance to see them again is pretty small.

PERU???? There is an account with this name opened on 9 November 2010 ... last activity was on the same day. Since then never visited NG again. Can't imagine, this user ever participated in any of our races. I think, Psy meant Pero Grozny - our super-alien: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/member.php?u=483
He still visits the forum from time to time.
Unread 27 February 13, 21:07   #27
Pizzaman
Minifreak & Muscleman

I'm still around, except I got a temporary job '250 ff-ing km away', so I was never home on wednesdays.
Also my woman ahs discovered internet Pr0n...ehhh welll actually facebook, so she kills the connection sometimes.

the only pure-me-online time I get is one-night-per week, on the condition that I perform well the other 6 nights.
So far it has been saturdays only - Gamers Crib Muscle Cars...

BTW if you have a picture of Dan I'll put him in one of the new Muscle Car tracks.
Might be able to make him a trackside statue (if only in the virtual world). LMAO!

BTW we still get regular 20+ fields on the Muscles @ GC. Could use some aliens.
Maybe if you show up there on saturday and kick ass they'll try wednesday revenge.
Some of you are already there. This week is the pre-season race, BTW.
http://www.gamers-crib.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=228

Might be able to do some races, and maybe if I perform exceptionally well she'lll let me.
Pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 March 13, 23:28   #28
PeterRST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_B View Post

Some words about some other guys Psyfungi obviosly tried to contact: Anton Animal, Kongo, Reppu and PeterRST will not show up anymore, I assume. They all haven't visited NG for about 2 years. Sorry, but the chance to see them again is pretty small.
Cough, cough...

Good to see so many familiar faces still here!
PeterRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 April 13, 13:29   #29
epicname

Default still here

i used to be a regular too. gunna try get back in to it. just all the addons confuse the shit out me and downloading all the time. it was all so simple back in the day. just the track to dl.

i seem to race ofline more these days, with different cars/mods. but i do think online should be made as simple as so its all bout the racing but i fink ive said that before lol.

the original cars are still just as good as any mods.

i'll see what i can do though and see what im missing out on.
epicname is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 April 13, 18:41   #30
Bill Guillaume

Well, I have tried to reinstall my GTL. Still get that name problem with the cars. I already run on Wednesdays, but was hoping to try an odd Saturday. Are you guys using any addon cars?
Bill Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 April 13, 19:09   #31
psyfungi

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicname View Post
i used to be a regular too. gunna try get back in to it. just all the addons confuse the shit out me and downloading all the time. it was all so simple back in the day. just the track to dl.
We've changed to 50/50 GTL and Power & Glory 3. While I'm not a huge fan of P&G because the GTR2 engine doesn't handle triple-monitors well, the one benefit of P&G races is that so far, it's just a track download.

I can imagine for someone coming back after a year or two the number of downloads could be an overload.

Sheesh... just looked and I've got 45 GTL car downloads in the last year.

Need something like "Nexus Mod Manager" for NoGrip. Hmmmm... there's a project that could be useful... I have a think about how that might work...
Unread 14 April 13, 12:02   #32
Mogget

I will try and join for the P&G races, but I am less enthusiastic about GT Legends these days. It just doesn't have the same "feel" to it when compared to P&G3.
Mogget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 April 13, 13:40   #33
Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogget View Post
I will try and join for the P&G races, but I am less enthusiastic about GT Legends these days. It just doesn't have the same "feel" to it when compared to P&G3.
You should try some of the new addon cars we race with - they feel alot more like P&G V3 than you might think.
Unread 14 April 13, 14:09   #34
KDiesel

P&G got more real feel, but fun factor and variety of cars are far better in GTL. Endurance races maybe makes difference and equalize things in P&G, but tbh I like to get rid of P&G...
Unread 14 April 13, 14:54   #35
SFDMALEX

Hey guys....I've been off the scene for years now....Dunno if any of you remember me but I believe I was in the original GTL league at NoGrip...I still remember some of your names.

I lost interest after Blimey went the need for speed route...BUt I did enjoy Ferrari Virtual Academy...it just felt right to me.

I still have all my hardware and just ordered a GTOmega wheel stand which should actually get me racing again...

But I'm really excited over Assetto Corsa...I cant wait for it to come it and its the only thing that sparked the interest lately.

But I bet I'm plenty rusty...need to dust off my shifter and pedals...
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 April 13, 16:50   #36
IbnSolmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyfungi View Post
[...] While I'm not a huge fan of P&G because the GTR2 engine doesn't handle triple-monitors well, [...]
Wouldn't like to give you false hopes, but it seems this problem is going to be solved by AS4ever, who contacted me in order to test this kind of things. I'm not a triple monitor user though, but encountered some other familiar looking problems. I'm going to test his specific file (wich doesn't mismatch appearently) as soon as I come back to the thing.

I suggest you contact him as he's looking for testers.
IbnSolmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 April 13, 17:08   #37
johnw

Ooo, now that would be good news. I'd love to run triple screens with P&G. I will send him a PM.
johnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 April 13, 17:40   #38
analogkid66
Artist & Sim Track Maker

Great to see some old names popping up again!!...spent my day yesterday learning the rFactor2 Mod Engine, managed a very quick build of a Test oval track in game, so many parameters, but it all works, now i might get my other tracks from rfactor to work, keep yall posted!
Unread 18 April 13, 12:29   #39
Geoffers
Premium Member

Good to see several old faces still visiting NoGrip. Can we tempt any of you guys back on the virtual track again?

Still plenty of interest in GTL with new content still being produced for it & if you haven't tried the P&G mod for GTR2, get hold of it, it really is excellent.

Hope to see some of you on track soon!
Unread 18 April 13, 14:46   #40
jessicaellen
Banned

Don't worry i'm here!!!!!!!!!
jessicaellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 April 13, 19:24   #41
SFDMALEX

unfortunately I can't find neither the GTR2 nor the GTL DVDs

And to be honest after NFS shift I lost all hope in the major development teams.

The SimBin stuff needs a new engine soon...The graphics do not feel immersive to me anymore and as far as physics its too much "on the rails for me"......Last time I tried it.....I forgot I think it was Race07 or something the tire model just felt dated.

For me LFS always felt right, but LFS suffers from another problem.....Old graphics, cars that are not real....even than it was the only sim over the last few years that I actually fired up for a couple of laps or turned on for some friends who wished to try the rig...

I'm very excited over Assetto Corsa...If it turns out to be the better version of a cross between Ferrari Virtual Academy and NetKarPro than I think it will have the safe affect on the sim scene as GTR1 did, and that I would love to race online
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 April 13, 12:56   #42
Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaellen View Post
Don't worry i'm here!!!!!!!!!
If you want to join up for WNR or SNR you're very welcome
Unread 22 April 13, 16:43   #43
Mogget

...or even the WSL
Mogget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 March 17, 13:52   #44
Reppu

Am i late to the party?

I am planning a come back to online racing, and it would be nice to do it with you.
Reppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 March 17, 16:25   #45
cap7
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
Am i late to the party?

I am planning a come back to online racing, and it would be nice to do it with you.
We're still going, you're very welcome to join us
cap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 March 17, 19:31   #46
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Lol, Reppu, blast from the past!....
rookiedaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 March 17, 12:34   #47
Reppu

Hey Daz!!! You still around!! I still remember a couple of good races with the best fights i had in the GTL league.

Do you still race events? What game and platform?
Unread 21 March 17, 15:36   #48
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Yep, I'm still here mate,still on good old GTL Reppu, with some P&G thrown in, still on with these guys on sunday and wednesday. Numbers are smaller than they used to be, but we still have some cracking races, and the list of cars and tracks is very large nowadays so no end to the combos that can be done. I do also run AC, but I've not been online in it....

I seem to remember you having a baby not long before stopping Reppu, hope he/she is well.
Unread 21 March 17, 20:00   #49
Reppu

Yeah both OK, unlike me.

Believe it or not, i still keep all of the replays from those days. I just bought GTL again on steam and spent the evening watching them. We two had great fights at Japarecagua and at Charade. Cracking times. I tried to have a go but Im too rusted

What is P&G?
Unread 22 March 17, 19:56   #50
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

It is a mod for GTR2 that effectively recreates the cars that feature in GTL, but as they were in the actual years that they raced instead of the modern historic championships that GTL recreates. I say mod, to be fair it is more like a new game based on GTR2...... So, the physics are altered, the look of the cars are made more authentic, and the tire model is worked on. It is arguably even better than GTL, but does not have the mass of mods that we now have for GTL. It is fantastic though, which is why we run it every other week with GTL. Feel free to join us again Reppu, still got a mix of speeds on the grid....Shelby Daytonas at Jacerepagua wasn't it? Can't recall what cars it was at Charade, but that track is always fun