NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GT Legends > GTL Multiplayer

Unread 3 March 17, 06:37   #451
BillThomas

Only managed to put in about 20 odd practice climbs before the two timed climbs. I was about 3 secs down on PB on the night. I guess, as usual, I'm off the pace which is why I was reluctant to form up at the end of Division 3 group.
BillThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 March 17, 07:13   #452
SpecialKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
Thanks Geoff
SpecialKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 March 17, 09:08   #453
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

'Cough' sorry to shoot Dan down, but my first look at this was in quali , managed two full runs only and four aborted attempts in the learning process.....

And to back you up Clive, I also found the smallest touch on the walls had a velcro effect. Nice little track though, and the second run was a decent effort, just pipped by Mike and Cap.
rookiedaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 March 17, 09:28   #454
evilclive

Thanks to Dan for showing me where I am going wrong.

I have carefully studied the programme and I can see now what I need to do. I have carefully considered what is missing from my preparation, and I think that the critical omission is that second visit to the pub.
evilclive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 March 17, 11:28   #455
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Good shout Clive, seconded!
Unread 6 March 17, 11:19   #456
Geoffers
Premium Member

GTL 1963 World Sports Car Championship

Rounds 16 & 17 - Wednesday Mar 15th 2017

Round 16

Track: Enna

Race - Division 4 only
Qualifying - 20 mins - 8pm UK/9pm Europe
Race - 19 laps - 8.20pm UK/9.20pm Europe

Round 17

Track: Goodwood

Race - Division 1, 2 & 3 only
Qualifying - 20 mins - 9pm UK/10pm Europe
Race - 21 laps - 9.20pm UK/10.20pm Europe

Server - Virtual63WSC
Password - 63WSC

Cars

Division 1
Chevrolet Corvette C2 (D)
Ferrari 250 GTO
Jaguar E-type Lwt (D # 851 & 853)
Shelby Cobra 289 (D # 873)

Division 2
Aston Martin DB4 GT
Austin Healey 3000 (D)
Ferrari 250 GT SWB
Jaguar E-type Coupe (D # 820)

Division 3
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA (D)
Lotus Cortina (D)
Triumph TR4
Volvo P1800S

Division 4
Abarth 1000 TC (D)
Alpine A110 1000
Lotus Elite (D)
Mini Cooper S 970 ‘65

Cars marked (D) are default GT Legends cars

Add-on cars download pack http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1...C_car_pack.rar

Thanks to Philrob & MotorFX for the tracks & Cap7 for the server.

Two 30 min races this time with normal fuel setting, so no pitstops. Two different tracks too with the Division 4 cars at Enna (without any chicanes) & the Division 1, 2 & 3 cars at Goodwood. Enna is flat out all round except for a couple of corners, so it will either be dead boring or an epic slipstream battle. Goodwood should be well known to all & usually produces some good racing.
Geoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 March 17, 19:06   #457
cap7
Premium Member

Server's up.

It's set for 19 laps first for Enna. It will need a quick restart after race 1 to change the number of laps for Goodwood.
cap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 March 17, 19:45   #458
mikeharley

Hi everybody,

I cannot race today. I'm sick and not able to race...

Good luck to you all!

Br, Mike Harley
mikeharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 March 17, 19:49   #459
Geoffers
Premium Member

Sorry to hear that Mike, get well soon, hope to see you at the next event.
Unread 16 March 17, 09:27   #460
evilclive

A strange evening of races, but I have to confess that it turned out to be very satisfying .
A great race long dice with Cap7 in race 1, thoroughly enjoyed that one.

Enna Pergusa is a track that I know from GPL, but the GTL version had a couple of minor differences especially at T1 and that caused me some problems during qually.
I just could not get my line right and would either run wide on the exit or back off far too much. I think that I only felt that I got it right once and that was on my best qually lap which pushed me up to 3rd on the grid.
On paper, the Alpine had the higher top speed so I was quite surprised to see Geoffers and Cap get their "slower" Elites onto the front row on such a speed bowl of a track. I suspect that someone has added a turbo to those cars

On the grid I was expecting to lose places as the clapped out lawnmower engine in the Alpine struggled to drag itself up to speed. I was very aware that carrying max speed through all the corners was critical around here and T1 threatened to spoil my race on each lap.
When the flag dropped Daz fired his Abarth through to 1st and I was amazed to outdrag the Elites to T1 and hold 2nd spot. I was reasonably confident that I could reel in Daz in his Fiat but worried that Geoffers and Cap would gather themselves up and use their qualifying speed to sweep past me and disappear. But Geoffers appeared to have some problems and dropped back a few places as Cap drafted past me to retake 2nd place.
Gradually Daz's Fiat was hauled in and gobbled up. I had decided that I would hold onto the tow from the Elite for as long as possible in the hope that it would drag me along and keep Geoffers at bay.
It slowly dawned on me that not only could I hang on to Cap's Elite, but that on the two corners that were not taken flat out I was fractionally quicker........hmmmmmmm interesting. The speed difference was not great and it was never going to be in these cars, but it was there on each lap.
I'm not sure if Cap was aware but I started testing and planning when and where I could make a possible pass very early in the race, but always lifting before completing the move. I did not want to start a passing battle that might slow our pace which was slowly pulling us away from the pack. far better to let that Elite part the air and drag me along behind.

With 3 laps to go I had worked out that my best place for a banzai last gasp attempt would be on the last lap on the penultimate corner. Earlier laps had shown that I needed to pass Cap before that corner because I could not outdrag the Elite between there and the flag. But to do that, I needed to nail T1 and draft him along that long fast section and make the pass before that critical corner . I had to drop back a little so that my run through T1 was not compromised with a lift to avoid rear ending the Elite.
I knew that I was faster through that penultimate corner but that Cap would certainly be quicker on the run to the flag. I needed to get far enough in front to hold the lead to the flag and had already planned to defend that inside line on the last turn.
It did work and I stole the win, but crikey it was close!! and as I was expecting no better than 3rd whilst sitting on the grid, quite chuffed.
I discovered after the race that I had more than enough fuel left to run the race again!!!

Race 2 at Goodwood

Again a circuit that I know well from GPL and from several visits to the Goodwood Revival.
I knew that power is a great advantage and this track is faster than many think. So with a couple of Group 1 drives left I opted for pure muscle and the Corvette.
It looked good for me in qually, once I had stopped trying to drive the Corvette like a Renault Alpine!!! and posted a decent lap time. With a 2 secs a lap advantage over the Group 2 cars and only one other Group 1 car on the grid, maybe I could do "the double".
In fact, it was too easy with the horsepower advantage, except when I drifted off to sleep and ran wide.
The only thing that I had to be careful with was protecting the tyres. If I had been under pressure in the race that might have made life difficult towards the end. I was able to cruise the middle laps just maintaining the gap to Geoffers back in 2nd. But I did turn up the wick for the last few laps so that I could enjoy the power of the Corvette.

Thanks to the organisers and all those who raced and finished. Quite enjoying this series and the different cars and tracks.
Unread 16 March 17, 12:16   #461
BillThomas

Thanks Geoff and Cap7 for organising the Series and providing the Server. A mixed bag on the night.

In race 1 I set a new PB in qualifying, and made a good start and much to my surprise I was catching up with Dan who had out qualified me. In my excitement I left braking for the 1st slow corner too late and went onto the grass loosing 2 places. Spent the next few laps trying to catch up to R P Coltrane (Steve) slowly closing the gap. After a while settled to around 3 sec gap until in the last handful of laps, he slowed and I managed to squeeze by. After that he was on my tail nibbling away until the penultimate lap when he dropped back and I managed to keep the place. I was a hard race concentrating on trying to keep if fast and smooth.

Race 2 Spent qualifying trying to get the line and corner speed right without success. Changed cars without any luck. In offline practice I got both the GTO and LW E Type into the 1:29s. This is a track I always have difficulty with and last night was a NONO so I quit and left the rest of you to enjoy your race.
Unread 16 March 17, 12:35   #462
SpecialKS

Smile

Two smooth races without a single lap of practice

Joined Enna just in time with a wrong car, rejoined with the Elite (which was a good choice) and accidentally found a working setup in my files
Set some pb's (never driven here before) during my mostly lonely race right in the middle of nowhereand finished in a lucky 6th place.

Chose the Cortina without thinking and again had a very good working setup.
Could break away from Roscoe from lap to lap and after his retirement I was again in a smooth 6th but last place.

Great enjoyment. Thanks for organising.

Results to be posted tonight.
Unread 16 March 17, 13:46   #463
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

I had worked out in quali for race 1 that I had zero chance, but couldn't resist the short amount of glory for a blast off the line and into the lead. Was soon left for dead in the Abarth though, just didn't have long enough gears, even sat in the tow I was being pulled away from by Cap in the Elite.....
Unread 16 March 17, 15:11   #464
oldgeezer

First off want to say big sorrys to Daz and Cap in race 2 for almost taking us all out of the race with my wall hit on the chicane. I really didn't think I would make the races as my wife had a PM doctors appointment. But we went on DSTime last weekend here in the states, so got home in time but without any practice. I just used years old setup for the Elite and a setup for the 260 Cobra we used in the GC GTC series. Steering setup was very fast, just touch the wheel and it would take off.
Thanks for organizing!!!

Oldgeezer///Bob M.
oldgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 March 17, 15:16   #465
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

No worries Bob, was a focusing moment for sure but playing with your cobra was the highlight of my race.....
Unread 16 March 17, 20:14   #466
SpecialKS

Webhoster's server seems to be down at the moment. Will post the results later
Unread 16 March 17, 20:54   #467
SpecialKS

regular webhoster working again:

gtl-gtr2-racing.lima-city.de/Enna_Pergusa_15032017

gtl-gtr2-racing.lima-city.de/Goodwood_15032017

Unread 16 March 17, 23:26   #468
Geoffers
Premium Member

Thanks Kurt.
Unread 16 March 17, 23:27   #469
Geoffers
Premium Member

Points standings after rounds 16 & 17:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Driver/Division chart:

Unread 20 March 17, 09:22   #470
Geoffers
Premium Member

Round 18 - Wednesday Mar 29th 2017

Track: St. Ursanne Les Rangiers (Hillclimb)

Race - All Divisions
Practice - until 8.30pm UK/9.30pm Europe
Race - 2 runs - 8.30pm UK/9.30pm Europe

Fuel Usage - Normal

Server - Virtual63WSC
Password - 63WSC

Cars

Division 1
Ferrari 250 GTO

Division 2
Aston Martin DB4 GT
Austin Healey 3000 (D)
Ferrari 250 GT SWB

Division 3
Lotus Cortina (D)
Triumph TR4
Volvo P1800S

Division 4
Abarth 1000 TC (D)
Alpine A110 1000
Lotus Elite (D)
Mini Cooper S 970 ‘65

Thanks to Renntom for the track & Cap7 for the server.

Notes

This is the fourth & final hillclimb in this series. Like the previous hillclimbs it will be run as a time-trial in 'Qualifying' mode, with drivers setting off individually at 1 minute intervals. Each driver will get 2 runs, with the best time of the 2 counting for the final results.

Starter for this event will be Nappe1.

Cars will be set off according to divisions with Division 1 first. Nappe1 will call each division to the line & will set each driver off with a countdown using 'chat', make sure you have 'chat' enabled. It would be best if the fastest drivers in each division went first.

It is advisable to turn off your engine whilst waiting for the start to avoid using fuel & running out before finishing!

Practice will run from server start until 8.30pm UK/9.30pm Europe.

Please keep chat to a minimum during the runs, preferably not at all (except for the starter of course!) until everyone has finished their run.

If you are caught by a faster driver/car, kindly let them pass at the earliest opportunity.

Once you have finished your timed runs or if you retire, please press 'ESC' & return to the paddock, but please stay on the server until the conclusion of the event. Otherwise your times and/or presence may not be recorded & you may be missed from the results

Any drivers who do not complete a run will be given the same finishing position & any relative championship points.

Last edited by Geoffers; 29 March 17 at 07:50.
Unread 28 March 17, 17:49   #471
cap7
Premium Member

Server's up.
Unread 29 March 17, 19:02   #472
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Running a bit late guys, having to rebuild my rig and room, nearly there....
Unread 29 March 17, 20:32   #473
Geoffers
Premium Member

Results of St Ursanne les Rangiers

1st - JohnW (Triumph TR4) 2m15.713s
2nd - Geoffers (Jaguar E-type Coupe) 2m17.244s
3rd - Clive (Ferrari 250GTO) 2m18.106s
4th - Nappe (A-H 3000) 2m19.881s
5th - SeniorDan (Alfa Romeo GTA) 2m21.907s
6th - Cap7 (Alpine A110 1000) 2m22.176s
7th - Daz (Aston Martin DB4) 2m24.556s
8th - Suti (Volvo P1800S) 2m30.057s
9th - Bill Thomas (Volvo P1800S) 2m34.859s
Unread 29 March 17, 20:49   #474
Geoffers
Premium Member

Points standings after round 18:

Driver/Division chart:

Unread 30 March 17, 11:55   #475
Nappe1
Uploader

As I said before the event, I listened and learned after the St. Roch. Did not run the hill at all before the event and used all my free time sitting in local pub drinking beer. And what do you know? best result of the season.

naah... not really. I did run the St. Ursanne few times after disapointment in St. Roch but that's in rather restless state of mind. After that Only thing I did with GT Legends was checking out the modifications of the Mini Marcos project in game while mostly staying in blender. My plan was actually visit the pub few times, but friend of mine cancelled two times, so I went there just once during these four weeks. 1 hour before the event I did visit the server testing The robotic sender and did few runs, though I failed to finish 5 times out of 7, or so. I did not have high hopes for the race.

It went well however. Placing to top 5 with rear wheel drive car is excelent result for me.
One more race to go for me with Triumph before this season is done. Not sure which one it is.
Nappe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 April 17, 12:06   #476
Geoffers
Premium Member

Round 19 - Wednesday Apr 12th 2017

Track: Rouen les Essarts 51-73

Race - All Divisions
Qualifying - 30 mins - 8pm UK/9pm Europe
Race - 26 laps - 8.30pm UK/9.40pm Europe

Fuel Usage - x2

Server - Virtual63WSC
Password - 63WSC

Cars

Division 1
Ferrari 250 GTO

Division 2
Aston Martin DB4 GT
Austin Healey 3000 (D)
Ferrari 250 GT SWB

Division 3
Lotus Cortina (D)
Triumph TR4
Volvo P1800S

Division 4
Abarth 1000 TC (D)
Alpine A110 1000
Lotus Elite (D)
Mini Cooper S 970 65

Thanks to NeelJ for the track & Cap7 for the server.

Note: Be aware when leaving the pits of cars approaching at high speed, the pit exit is straight into the line through the first turn. Ideally obey the lights at the end of the pits & only exit the pits if the lights are green.
Unread 5 April 17, 06:51   #477
Pizzaman
Minifreak & Muscleman

Guys, will it also work with Windows 10?
Pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 April 17, 12:03   #478
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaman View Post
Guys, will it also work with Windows 10?
Yes, as far as I am aware it will work OK on Windows 10.
Unread 11 April 17, 11:09   #479
SpecialKS

Hope to make this one !
Unread 11 April 17, 16:41   #480
cap7
Premium Member

Server's up.
Unread 11 April 17, 19:54   #481
BillThomas

Thanks.
Unread 12 April 17, 10:06   #482
Nappe1
Uploader

Mike and I did few laps last night, so server seems to be ok.
Nappe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 April 17, 12:35   #483
evilclive

Ummmm??!! well..................???!!! I missed this race,ahem, because I fell asleep in the armchair /

I woke with a jump at around 7:20 and dived onto the PC, which of course took 28 days to boot up, but it was too late. Hope you guys had fun, see you at the finale ( if I can stay awake!!)
Unread 14 April 17, 10:02   #484
Geoffers
Premium Member

Points standings after round 19:

Driver/Division chart:

Unread 14 April 17, 10:58   #485
BillThomas

Angry

Thanks Geoff for organising Series and Cap 7 for providing the server.

Too many unforced errors, qualification went OK not quite as good as offline but adequate. Made good start avoided spinning cars in first part of track but then screwed it all up at the end of the straight where I out braked myself, losing all the places I'd gained.

After that I had a good period up to my pit stop, Xd had stopped showing laps left on the fuel load so I pitted at end of lap 13 just ahead of OldGeezer's E type but the refuelling stopped with insufficient fuel to complete the race - wasted time trying to get more fuel resulting in the E type getting ahead of me. Trying to close up on it, in the pit lane, I was too late to re-apply my speed limiter so got a stop and go penalty.

From there on I was in last place driving flat out to try catch up to nappe 1, initially I pulled back about 10 secs but then realised I wasn't going to overtake in the time available. So with nothing to lose I went into mad mode but had more bounces off the Armco which just slowed me down. I then settled down to finish last.

Last edited by BillThomas; 14 April 17 at 11:02. Reason: Add Oldgeezer's name
Unread 14 April 17, 13:33   #486
oldgeezer

Great racing with you Bill as always. The 820 Jag just didn't have enough "beans" to keep you behind me. Would do OK in the curves but on the long straights you would get very large in the rear view. Finally made a mistake and you went ahead. Then tried to keep you in sight but you slowly crept away. Then we pitted together and I got ahead of you. Sorry for your problems, I thought maybe you elected to change tires by how long it took you to exit. As posted on a early post I decide to try to drive every car in the field as my strategy for the series. My old computer won't handle the hill climbs so elected to only run the track races. The only cars I have left is the Abarth and the Cortina, so will probably go with the Cortina in the final race.
Been a great series and want to thank the organizers for much fun on my part!!!! Hope you guys come up with another series in the near future.

Thanks to all.....
Oldgeezer/// Bob M.
Unread 18 April 17, 12:11   #487
Geoffers
Premium Member

Round 20 - Wednesday Apr 26th 2017

Track: Bridgehampton

Race - All Divisions
Qualifying - 30 mins - 8pm UK/9pm Europe
Race - 34 laps - 8.30pm UK/9.30pm Europe

Fuel Usage - x2

Server - Virtual63WSC
Password - 63WSC

Cars

Division 1
Ferrari 250 GTO

Division 2
Aston Martin DB4 GT
Austin Healey 3000 (D)
Ferrari 250 GT SWB

Division 3
Lotus Cortina (D)
Triumph TR4
Volvo P1800S

Division 4
Abarth 1000 TC (D)
Alpine A110 1000
Lotus Elite (D)
Mini Cooper S 970 65

Thanks to BDibble342 for the track & Cap7 for the server.

The final race is another 1 hour event with pitstops.
Unread 18 April 17, 12:22   #488
Geoffers
Premium Member

Well we have finally reached the final event of this long series.

The overall championship is a two horse race between Cap7 & Geoffers with 3rd between Daz & JohnW.

JDW Motorsports have already wrapped up the teams title.

Clive is leading Div 1 with Daz the only one who can beat him.

JohnW has already clinched Div 2 with a perfect score.

Cap7 has Div 3 sown up as no one who is close enough to catch him has any drives left in that Division.

Its the same in Div 4 with Kimi already assured of victory.
Unread 19 April 17, 01:20   #489
KDiesel

Quote:
Well we have finally reached the final event of this long series.

The overall championship is a two horse race between Cap7 & Geoffers with 3rd between Daz & JohnW.

JDW Motorsports have already wrapped up the teams title.

JohnW has already clinched Div 2 with a perfect score.

Cap7 has Div 3 sown up as no one who is close enough to catch him has any drives left in that Division.

Its the same in Div 4 with Kimi already assured of victory.
Am I? Seems that best way to reach something is not even trying...

K
KDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 April 17, 11:16   #490
rookiedaz
Mr.Buggerit

Quote:
3rd between Daz & JohnW.

Lol, given that John has drives to take in only Div 1 or 4, and given that the first part is indeed true, I'm guessing I will have a hard time trying to catch Clive because of trying to keep up with John in a Div 1 car.....
Unread 19 April 17, 14:17   #491
evilclive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiedaz View Post
Lol, given that John has drives to take in only Div 1 or 4, and given that the first part is indeed true, I'm guessing I will have a hard time trying to catch Clive because of trying to keep up with John in a Div 1 car.....
"Clive is leading Div 1" well that is quite a shock!! how did that happen??? Some of you guys must have been asleep, or maybe I am still dreaming?? lol

Either way, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain Daz.

I never expected to do anything other than score a handful of points in this series and hopefully not totally embarrass myself amongst all of you aliens.
I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the mix of cars and circuits...maybe not the hillclimb events, and the varied grids and permutations available.
Thanks to the organisers for some great fun.
Unread 19 April 17, 16:19   #492
seniordan

Clive, I'll back you up in the widest car I can find. All you have to do is not mess up your start. No pressure mate!
On a side note: history shows I have a poor record of quallifying to the front rows. But jolly good luck to you anyway.

Cheers, Dan
seniordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 April 17, 12:52   #493
oldgeezer

Wife went to a card party last night so went on the PC and did a few laps in the Cortina. Seems there is no speed limiter in the pits. Might be something to look at unless you want to leave it as is.....

Oldgeezer///Bob M.
Unread 21 April 17, 14:22   #494
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
Seems there is no speed limiter in the pits. Might be something to look at unless you want to leave it as is.....
Must admit to not having checked that Bob, not a problem though, happy to run without one.
Unread 22 April 17, 05:06   #495
BillThomas

Quote:
Must admit to not having checked that Bob, not a problem though, happy to run without one.
Horay , means I don't have to worry about getting a Stop and Go like in the last race!
Unread 25 April 17, 20:02   #496
cap7
Premium Member

Server's up.
Unread 25 April 17, 22:41   #497
Geoffers
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap7 View Post
Server's up.

Just a reminder, there is no pit lane speed limit on this track.
Unread 26 April 17, 21:33   #498
CasparGTL

Great to see you guys!
No practice nor Qualy, jump in and race.
That was hilarious. John must have thought I was drunk!
Later it went better and I gained a lot in 4th place. But I didn't take enough fuel....extra stop, P7...

Thanks for the Championship , glad to be at last race.
CasparGTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 April 17, 21:34   #499
CasparGTL

Quote:

Just a reminder, there is no pit lane speed limit on this track.
Darn, should have remembered
CasparGTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 April 17, 22:06   #500
Geoffers
Premium Member

Final points standings after round 20: