NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2

Unread 17 March 17, 23:07   #1
jscharpf

Default Championship point with a mod

I'm playing the 2005 fia GT mod, and I just finished the first race. I was driving a Nissan which I think is class G2??
Anyway, I finished in 16th place, all GT1 cars were ahead of me, and I beat all of the GT2 cars, but I did not receive any points. As a matter of fact, the only points awarded were to the top 8 cars. Is this how it is supposed to be? I thought each class had its own championship points.
Could it be something with the classes? I noticed there were GT1, GT2, G2, G3 ..??? So many classes. I was hoping to pick the realistic cars from that year.

Could it be the mod? Anyway, I'm going to go back and look again at the points, maybe take the default 2004 season out for a spin and see what I get.
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 March 17, 08:31   #2
harvestmouse

I believe G2 was only eligible for Spa and belcar. I don't remember an FIA GT championship for them. So reality is I don't think they should be even turning up.
harvestmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 March 17, 11:04   #3
bobwilliams

By FiA GT rules of the year 2003-04, G2-G3 class did not receive points for the FiA GT championship - only in their national cup, the Belcar itself harvestmouse recalled.
Probably the same happened in 2005, and this is why you got no points at the end of the competition.
bobwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 March 17, 16:27   #4
jscharpf

Thanks! I 'fixed' it by making my Nissan a gt2 for 2005
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 March 17, 20:01   #5
TheNewBob
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvestmouse View Post
I believe G2 was only eligible for Spa and belcar. I don't remember an FIA GT championship for them. So reality is I don't think they should be even turning up.
The G2 and G3 classes were able to compete in all FIA GT rounds from 2005 onwards, although I believe they were not eligable for points.

I think that year the Nissan was only entered for Magny Cours (where GT2 cars from British GT were joining the field - some marked as GT2 and others as G2 in the overall results), but the Gillet Vertigo and Balfe Motorsport Mosler were fairly regular competitors in G2, and a couple of extra Moslers joined the class at Silverstone that year.
TheNewBob is offline   Reply With Quote