NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Simbin Race Series

Unread 19 March 17, 17:09   #1
DoMw94

Default Digital display not working in any car

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here in a few years so apologies if I'm not all that clear describing my issue.

The digital display on literally every car on the game, be it stock or a mod, is not working. They haven't since I had to do a reinstall a year or two ago - I merely copied my gamedata and uidata folders over from the old install to the new one to avoid installing all of my mods again if I remember correctly .

How can I fix it? I imagine it could be as simple as putting the original files for the digital display back into the game but I don't have them so if someone were able to upload them or point me in the right direction to find 'replacements' that would be great. Of course, I don't know if that would fix the problem, I don't have the time to play anywhere mear as much as I used to, no matter how much I want to.

Any help or asvice would be greatly appreciated.
DoMw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 March 17, 16:38   #2
CaLu

You know that you can turn the display on in the game settings. Perhaps that's the most easiest solution for your issue.
CaLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 March 17, 19:23   #3
DoMw94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLu View Post
You know that you can turn the display on in the game settings. Perhaps that's the most easiest solution for your issue.
This hasn't worked
Unread 23 March 17, 20:14   #4
DooGal

If you open up the "gamedata/teams" folder do you have any folders in there that start with motec? (about 6 of them).
DooGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 April 17, 16:58   #5
DoMw94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooGal View Post
If you open up the "gamedata/teams" folder do you have any folders in there that start with motec? (about 6 of them).
I have Motec, MoTeC_ADL2, Motec_Type1, Motec_Type2, Motec_Type3, Motec_Type4, Motec_Type5, and Motec_Type6
Unread 2 April 17, 00:13   #6
celsinho

No need for compatibility or anything else...

Before you run GTR2 download and install Direct X 9 and you are all set to go. GTR2 works like a charm without any problems.
celsinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 April 17, 00:56   #7
DoMw94

GTR2? This isn't a GTR2 thread
Unread 2 April 17, 08:23   #8
DooGal

Also loose in the team folder should be some .bmp's that start with fntc and a bunch of motec_led ones. You say you copied the files over so thought a good place to start would be to check you have what you need - the motec folders should contain the display backgrounds and some of the fonts but there are few files loose in the teams folder as well.

You should also afaik have a simbin folder in your documents?, inside this should be a RACE07 folder that contains your settings.

Last edited by DooGal; 2 April 17 at 08:41.
DooGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 July 17, 15:40   #9
DoMw94

Hi all, recently did a re-install and same problem. I appear to have the above mentioned files in place too
Unread 18 July 17, 21:23   #10
Sphynks

This may be a silly suggestion, but perhaps it's worth to check if you have your color set up to 32 bit in the config menu. I was having that issue and after I changed from 16 to 32, everything started working fine.
Sphynks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 July 17, 21:03   #11
DoMw94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphynks View Post
This may be a silly suggestion, but perhaps it's worth to check if you have your color set up to 32 bit in the config menu. I was having that issue and after I changed from 16 to 32, everything started working fine.
Yep, checked that