System
Automated Poster

Default A new version is uploaded

Version 4.5 of "G-Tyres-TGR" is uploaded. View the file details
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 September 15, 23:17   #253
aureliom

THANKS !!!!
The G-Vision is better than ever. Maybe IMHO the grip is a bit too much, making the driving too easy, but is a personal taste.
I prefer use the external camera when driving, but at the start of every race the camera is reset inside the car, very annoying for me ... can i modify this in some way ?
Is it possible to have some smoke when tyres sliding ?
THANKS AGAIN !!!
aureliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 September 15, 14:51   #254
B7ake

Quote:
Originally Posted by aureliom View Post
THANKS !!!!
The G-Vision is better than ever. Maybe IMHO the grip is a bit too much, making the driving too easy, but is a personal taste.
I prefer use the external camera when driving, but at the start of every race the camera is reset inside the car, very annoying for me ... can i modify this in some way ?
Is it possible to have some smoke when tyres sliding ?
THANKS AGAIN !!!
Thank you aureliom, rear tires are stiffer then vanilla therefore you need to adjust your LSD settings set accel and deccel to 0 and then fine tune both.

Depends on handling difficulty you are using, you might also open vehicle .cdf and scroll down to CONTROLS tab and change settings for *zero will disable it>>>> ThrottleControl=(2,2,1,0)

There is no changes to grip, thing is stiffer rear prevents car to skid/slide every time you turn wheel so just tweak LSD settings and it should be fine (will be more smoke too ).

For camera I will let you know once I find why it reset last camera used.

Cheers
B7ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 September 15, 20:39   #255
robi16

Hi B7ake, AI is unbeatable on hard. (You might win...if you lucky , because shortcuts into the chicanes and tight corners, at least it is happening to me.

And it is for sure the best, I have lowered my times a second or more.

Last edited by robi16; 7 September 15 at 20:46.
robi16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 September 15, 23:07   #256
aureliom

Thanks for the answer, but it's a little bit DIFFICULT for me understand what you wrote (LSD, accel, etc.) .
And i can confirm, the AI is very tough, the cars literally ATTACK me ... very very funny !!!
aureliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 September 15, 18:14   #257
Podv4r4k

Something is wrong with M3 E30.
The car is only running in 5 gear and its speed is limited to 45 kph. (This never happened to me before I tried your mod)
Could you try and fix it?
Podv4r4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 September 15, 19:22   #258
B7ake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podv4r4k View Post
Something is wrong with M3 E30.
The car is only running in 5 gear and its speed is limited to 45 kph. (This never happened to me before I tried your mod)
Could you try and fix it?
Folow this path S2u/vehicles/physics/chassis/bmw_m3_e30 open it with notepad and scroll down till those lines and change existing to look like this

Code:
FinalDriveSetting=25                 // indexed into GearFile list
ReverseSetting=0
ForwardGears=5
Gear1Setting=0
Gear2Setting=22
Gear3Setting=40
Gear4Setting=52
Gear5Setting=57
Gear6Setting=57
or pick folder from rar archive in attachment and just drop it in game folder and confirm overwrite.

I have made gearbox with original ratios and that chassis file shouldn't be there anyway, very soon will be update on tires and chassis files. Weight, inertias, and springs. cars will be from start on stiffer coil-overs Eibach, H&R, Íhlins..etc together with visual optimizations and other things..not much of old shift handling (especially mud feel FFB ) has left judging on cars that I have finished so far.
Attached Files
File Type: rar BMW_e30_fix.rar (5.4 KB, 12 views)
Unread 12 September 15, 21:06   #259
Podv4r4k

Thanks for helping out
Podv4r4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 September 15, 02:53   #260
jiayi

I have some issue with RS4. The speedometer doesnt match with the speed reading display.
jiayi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 October 15, 16:03   #261
Madvad

Dude, how are you?

I found some errors in the mod:

The Golf GTI MK1 and BMW M3 E30 show gearbox bugs.

For example, in the BMW E30, the max speed is 60km/h in 5rd gear.
And turns the car FWD...a M3 FWD???

Herege!
Madvad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 October 15, 17:25   #262
B7ake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvad View Post
Dude, how are you?

I found some errors in the mod:

The Golf GTI MK1 and BMW M3 E30 show gearbox bugs.

For example, in the BMW E30, the max speed is 60km/h in 5rd gear.
And turns the car FWD...a M3 FWD???

Herege!

Hi Madvad, thanks I'm fine. I've put S2U a side for ageing (like cheese), in hope it'll be better once I decide to play it again.
As for BMW e30 m3 gearbox problem go up few posts I'we wrote how you can fix it in minute, however car is RWD in version 4.5 on other hand golf mk1 gearbox is ok, havent touch it at all.
Unread 20 October 15, 23:51   #263
fgk108

You are doing so much hard work I just mashed all the chassis files at once and got the cars working that way it was so much better except, I stopped playing as well becuse my computer graphic card burnt out so now I am stuck. I can only use P&G and Richard burns rally now. Have a nice break from Shift 2. I hope you are using some cool sims and having a great time.
fgk108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 January 16, 17:11   #264
Naev86

Bug with shifting Golf GTI...
Naev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 February 16, 18:38   #265
quasar_

g-vision 1.9 back cockpit view is perfect. realy it is very very good. thanks
quasar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 June 16, 09:30   #266
System
Automated Poster

Version 5.0 of "G-Tyres-TGR" is uploaded. View the file details
Unread 2 June 16, 09:45   #267
B7ake

Hello guys it's been awhile since last update.
New version 5.0 is up and it's basically brush tire model modified by me in order to eliminate nasty so called ''weight transfer bug'' as main priority before everything else.

If you like handling with tweaked tires and you are willing to make presentation video be my guest.

Also, if you play with game-pad or 900 deg steering wheel, leave feedback on how you see handling now compared to vanilla tire calibration.

P.S This mod is not representation of realism whatever it means for some out there, instead it aim to enrich your reality if you in spare time like to have fun with racing orientated games.

Have fun!!!

Cheers

Last edited by B7ake; 2 June 16 at 13:03.
Unread 2 June 16, 17:38   #268
Human

Good to see the game active
Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 June 16, 14:29   #269
System
Automated Poster

Version 5.01 of "G-Tyres-TGR" is uploaded. View the file details
Unread 4 June 16, 19:01   #270
Lalit Pandey

Awesome work
Lalit Pandey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 June 16, 20:15   #271
B7ake

Thanks man If you don't mind, what controller/steering wheel do you use?
Unread 7 June 16, 12:59   #272
Lalit Pandey

Quote:
Originally Posted by B7ake View Post
Thanks man If you don't mind, what controller/steering wheel do you use?
Xbox Controller
Unread 7 June 16, 13:06   #273
Lalit Pandey

Can you please make a new Helmet Cam with LOOK TO APEX Off and DOF Off
Unread 7 June 16, 16:12   #274
B7ake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalit Pandey View Post
Can you please make a new Helmet Cam with LOOK TO APEX Off and DOF Off
For helmet cam LOOK TO APEX Off

// Open ''Shift2 installation folder'',
// Open ''cameras folder',
// Open ''cameraconfig'' with text editor,
// Scroll down until you find this

<prop name="Name" data="HelmetCam" />

Simply rename HelmetCam for example:

<prop name="Name" data="HelmetCamR" />

Save changes ---> job done.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for DOF Off, it is in cameras folder too

Open file ''speeddepthoffield'' with text editor and make these changes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MaxBlur near_low="0.75" near_high="1.0" far="0.0" />

to

<MaxBlur near_low="0.0" near_high="0.0" far="0.0" />

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<HelmetCam MaxBlurNear="2.0" MaxBlurFar="1.25" NearFocus0="0.0"

to

<HelmetCam MaxBlurNear="0.0" MaxBlurFar="0.0" NearFocus0="0.0"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess that's what you want
Unread 8 June 16, 22:23   #275
Lalit Pandey

Thanks a lot..
Unread 5 July 16, 22:43   #276
System
Automated Poster

Version 5.01 of "G-Tyres-TGR" is uploaded. View the file details
Unread 18 November 16, 14:12   #277
RimJobRacer

@B7ake
Just installed S2U for the first time in years (i fancied a change) and i am currently running a packed Steam version which has given me absolutly no issues thus far.

However, i would like to enhance the vanilla experience and therefore have installed your packed version 5.01TGR mod.

I have also added the no arms mod, and mini hud mod.

I run the game at 4k 60fps using a Fanatec wheel on my GTX1080/6700k.

My question is, are there any other mods or changes that you would suggest i do (that are possible on a packed version) to get enhanced GFX, better wuality, better FFB, better handeling etc and if so, which do you suggest?

I have noticed that while readin the thread, you metion changing LOD settings in the user profile settings etc, and i was wondering if i had missed any other nuggets of information like that.

So in short, along with your tyre mod, those of us revisiting the game (packed on steam) and would like shift 2+ expereince, what tweaks, tips, mods etc do you recommend?

So far i have seen you mention:
LOD settings in user documents folder
TGR mod
would you recommend anything else to get this looking and feeling great?

I noticed someone had release a SweetFX mod, however it appears it only works on unpacked versions? are you consideringworking on a packed version of sweetfx or is that just not possible?

I think it would be great to see a recent update with the most recomended mods, edits etc that users can do today to enhance their experience on packed and unpacked versions, this helped from having to read all the different threads and pages etc running back to 2011..

For example, i initally installed the minimod, and then it wasnt until i read through these forum pages, that i read that it was no longer required as that mod was esentally implamented into a game patch anyway and is now therefore redundant (so to speak).

Anyway, with Dirt3 being the most played game on steam over the last few weeks, and this game being in the sales, i hope we will seean influx of new users giving it a second chace (like dirt3) and it would be great if there was an up to doate list of recomended changes/mods/edits etc to make to the game bfore starting to enhance the feel/look and overall experience.

Hope you would consider that
RimJobRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 March 17, 19:09   #278
System
Automated Poster

Version 5.1 of "G-Tyres-TGR" is uploaded. View the file details
Unread 7 March 17, 20:36   #279
B7ake

Hello everyone !

For the last few years I have been messing around with NFS Shift 2 tyre physics files.

Some changes made noticeable difference in handling characteristics more planted cars, better connection with controllers devices etc.. But... I always had feel there was something missing.

I believe that I have finally (last time ) found why... Final loads and peak loads figures where for some reason (but not anymore ) 10x smaller..On paper they where ok but in game..NO!

Slip angles still might be higher then they should for some type of cars but after all its action sim racer. More SIM-ish version will be added soon.

Drift orientated drivers will like it as it is with this mod.

Now either they (loads) where reduced on purpose or there was typo within engine code or some other physics control files like physictweaker.mrdf problem is gone.

I hope you will enjoy it and leave your opinions in comments.

Cheers !
Unread 7 March 17, 20:46   #280
B7ake

@RimJobRacer

Hi, sorry for late reply. Only thing that I can suggest you about visual enhancements is to increase LOD scaling to 2 for interior, exterior, and increase distance of projections. It can be changed in Render/viewsettings.
Unread 7 March 17, 21:21   #281
chomik

awesome, thanks B7ake, because I'm still at the wheel with S2U for a while still stuck with Career Mod from tulib depending on the unlockables he added and the events. I've tried our polish mod PTMu today, but I miss the things tulib added. First thing that cought my eye on the first race in PTMu - cpu crashed each other after first turn in Career Mod there are more improvements to the AI done, so I gone back to it. Once I tried your mod, but it was early release some time ago. Are there any changes made, which inflicts AI behaviour? are there any unlockable cars in Career Mod, which I will miss, when using your mod or PTMu beside those race cars (called works, or?)?

ps. have you read that? https://pretendracecars.net/2016/09/09/a-tale-of-two-tire-models/

Last edited by chomik; 7 March 17 at 21:28.
chomik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 March 17, 00:21   #282
B7ake

Just tested Shift 1 and it has same exact problem LoadSens / LatPeak /LongPeak 3th value also are 10 times lower..which means that problem was carried from Shift 1 to Shift 2...Most logical explanation for this to me was that developer who worked for SMS has done it before he left studio or maybe hes not...after correction cars are perfectly drivable even with keyboard.
Unread 8 March 17, 01:09   #283
B7ake

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomik View Post
awesome, thanks B7ake, because I'm still at the wheel with S2U for a while still stuck with Career Mod from tulib depending on the unlockables he added and the events. I've tried our polish mod PTMu today, but I miss the things tulib added. First thing that cought my eye on the first race in PTMu - cpu crashed each other after first turn in Career Mod there are more improvements to the AI done, so I gone back to it. Once I tried your mod, but it was early release some time ago. Are there any changes made, which inflicts AI behaviour? are there any unlockable cars in Career Mod, which I will miss, when using your mod or PTMu beside those race cars (called works, or?)?

ps. have you read that? https://pretendracecars.net/2016/09/...o-tire-models/
Disable PTMU until brupsz apply fix for load transfer bug also disable career mod untily its fixed too since not single mod has been patched for load bug.

I suggest you to try my mod and see for yourself how it goes. I will do some more tweaks regarding AI since they might be to slow for players now. However you will experience Shift 2 like you never have before I am sure. How you progress trough game you will be able to build /unlock all cars you have in career mod so no you wont miss nothing except custom events.
When I get time I will make fix for career mod too.
Unread 8 March 17, 18:03   #284
chomik

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, dunno what load transfer bug is.
I was willing to try every single mod here, but it costs me to much time enabling/disabling them, searching for them, resetting settings, etc., because nowadays I have really a little small piece of time at the evening to play even one race - praising your work even more after that! Is it 99% safe to switch from one to another with JSGME, or the game files can be corrupted? Installing everything again and again and again will really pi** me off.

and what's with the save game? I have started the game from 0% about 5 times, everytime reaching about 50%-65% of it, when something crashed again or was messed up by myself. And you know, that levelling and achieving things in Career Mod is more challenging and time-consuming than vanilla but it's okay, I really enjoyed the game playing each time different cars, vanilla or Career Mod. I think it's quite sad, I have never reached that GT series and true race cars and events. But never ever considered 100% save file or trainers or something. Now I have about 60% playing casual. If I switch to your mod from Career Mod, can I still use the same save file or the game goes crazy, with unlockables, event counters, completion percent, etc.? Maybe I will have to consider some kind of trainer, after I try your mod

I can say, you're in the pole position now, because there are really few modders active in Shift 2, imho. Last PTMu version, I had yesterday installed, was realesed about a year ago. Career Mod is even older, after the last time the topic was edited/updated by tulib in 2014. It's a shame, because it's a WIP ended in the prime time of development. All these modding things probably depended on lack of popularity Shift 2 had. It was just not a next NFS.

Last edited by chomik; 8 March 17 at 18:08.
Unread 10 March 17, 20:11   #285
B7ake

@chomik

Hey..in short words wait few more days until I finish calibration of tires. With bug gone I can with ease rework vanilla tires to go on paar with newer games. Beside amazing handling I gained 15 fps extra.
As for your progress in Career , just backup your save file and I will send you .sav with all vehicles in your garage for testing.
Unread 10 March 17, 21:26   #286
chomik

@B7ake

I couldn't wait to test it, so I made a back up of my save and started a new career just to give a try with that BMW 135i. I play with all handicaps off and manual shifter, elite I guess? With xbox controller. And tried that Porsche 911 in hot lap also. What was always bothered me in Career Mod is that tires slippery after throttling up in corners. I don't see that in your mod. Maybe because of style of driving I'm used to after playing Career Mod. Even harsh braking at high speed is not making cars loosing their grip (too much), what was quite weird to me, because BMW was equipped with stock tires and I play without ABS. Although the cars are much more predictable, what was driving me crazy in Career Mod, when you try to counter under-/oversteer or cut corners over curbs. Manouver ended with a spin or something, which gave me always that weird feeling, I need more luck than skills to accomplish long races in Career Mod :/ One more thing about your mod - on difficult Hard it's not a real challenge for me (and I don't think, I'm great racer) to finish 1st in those first races of career handling is too bad ass?
why + 15 fps? With your mod I have about + 5-10 fps comparing to Career Mod, but there are less cars in events. Depening on my machine maybe. And what's about that bug, if you could explain?
Unread 13 March 17, 16:55   #287
Catlin

So can anybody suggest which wheel settings to use with T500rs. I am having trouble getting any feel at all through the wheel except when hitting a kerb and changing gear. Which degree of rotation works well for this game? the ingame wheel only turns 90 degree or so.
Catlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 March 17, 20:26   #288
chomik

@B7ake

I have tested a couple more cars. The handling is very smooth in overall and there's only a small over/understeering, so every car, even rwd, are predictable, what is good. Weird thing - Lancer Evo IX (pi about 740, weight reduction, best tires) is tending to make a barell roll, when you encounter 90 degrees turn over curbs and throttle a bit. If full throttle, than it's easy to roll over. I just can't wait to see an update from you.
Unread 13 March 17, 21:58   #289
B7ake

I can't wait to publish it either , You'll be surprised how good handling is. Don't forget that I just fixed that insane weight transfer for vanilla fudged tires in version 5.1 they are greatly downgraded and floaty. They (SMS) have greatly reduced tire stiffness and tire spring rates.

Version 5.2 are being built based on real life sizes and load capabilities.
Sound has another dimension too since physic and sound engines are now better connected...I have to stop baking you 2-3 day top (no SMSoon way ) and they will be available for download. I hope you have formula A and audi r18 Pcars conversions, will do tires for them too.

Now back to work
Unread 14 March 17, 17:52   #290
chomik

formula A and audi r18 Pcars conversions? I don't know, what you talking about seems exciting. No worries, I wait. Gone back to Career Mod for a while, to compare them both
Unread 19 March 17, 10:40   #291
System
Automated Poster

Version 5.2 of "G-Tyres-TGR" is uploaded. View the file details
Unread 19 March 17, 14:52   #292
Lalit Pandey

Geat job
Unread 19 March 17, 14:58   #293
Lalit Pandey

Please fix the AI Pace if possible.
Unread 19 March 17, 15:46   #294
chomik

testing!
Unread 20 March 17, 22:55   #295
chomik

grip and car feel in the helmet view are insane! I love it! Only thing is the difficulty. AI on hard is trying to be competitive, jumping ahead of me on bad corner I make, but then is always quite easy to catch him, because they are braking safelly before cornering. As they don't know, how great the handling is, after your modification I wonder now, if there's a tricky way to adjust the difficulty on my own with a few edits in some game files.
surelly I will stuck with your mod now, it's just outstanding
Unread 21 March 17, 18:16   #296
B7ake

@chomik

Hey, happy to hear you like new modifications
If you are not familiar with hex editing I recommend you to first try with Career mod's AI, it's separated instal from Career mod base.
After you activate Career mod AI download my ''TrackSurfaceTweak'' from attachments, just drop it in MODS folder and activate it with JSGME.
It will replace career mods terrain changes, tublib enhanced bumps on road and has reduced friction, which I don't like and my tires are not same on that type of surface.

Try it that way and let me know if it helped with AI.
Attached Files
File Type: rar TrackSurfaceTweak.rar (2.7 KB, 7 views)
Unread 21 March 17, 23:07   #297
chomik

great, I will try it later. ENjoying the mod as you made it now : )
no, I don't think I'm familiar with that. But I can say, I made a mod for myself - switched off helmet render in helmet cam Oh, btw., surely you have an idea how to turn off that weird blur when high speeding or cornering. I mean, I have turned it off, after I copied camera files from Career Mod, but in Corvette z06 the HUD display on front window still has that &quot;special effect&quot;.
Unread 22 March 17, 11:06   #298
B7ake

Hello guys.

I will put in attachment caster bug fix for all vanilla shift 2 cars.

This is mandatory fix in order to have correctly aligned front suspension.

It improves handling and force feedback drastically.

This fix is based on UCP patch and unpacked game.

Install it in usual way as any other mod with JSGMe.

Attached Files
File Type: rar CasterBugFix.rar (906.1 KB, 21 views)
Unread 24 March 17, 06:07   #299
chomik

installed. riding is even smoother, no glue sticking to other cars and gear shifting sounds are way better. Braking without caution can provide some sliding and RWD cars are now able to lose grip when cornering and speeding, which is good. And on day races I gained about 10fps to performance. Don't know, if that things are only placebo effects, or your mod done that. Racing class B in career is harder than couple days ago, so I don't need that fix with activating AI from Career Mod for a while. AI is quite agressive, though. As I can't find any solution, to disable that blur effect on rpm display on the front window, in corvette for example, maybe you have some solution for that? Thanks for the update anyway, very good mod indeed!
Unread 24 March 17, 13:50   #300
B7ake

It's always good to get good feedback after some modding/tweaking
As for FPS might be placebo but on highest settings I was getting 35 FPS on my GTX 550Ti..now i have 55 so..who knows.

About blurring thing I have explained how to turn it off before in this post take look.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...&postcount=274