NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor 2

Unread 11 April 17, 19:04   #1
pawgy7

Default one of the best for play .One of the worst for finding installs

I said previously that RF2 was one of the best . I must modify that . It is the absolutly the worst for finding installs . The naming and numbering of the mods in the game is the worst of any game I have ever installed. It is sometimes impossible to associate the numbers or name with the actual mod in the game. The car files, the name in the game when you are trying to find a mod and when you are trying to match up opponents to race, is just sad.

I just installed an RCMP file that in no way matches the name of the file in the car files in the game. I really think the mod makers do not want you to find their folders in the game. Please tell me where the MatraF3_sr4L_edition, is in the game???? i know it is installed because in the mod manager it says so. but there is nothing that resembles it in the game.

Now when i go to Allcars and Tracks and to f3 eve I only can access 2 Guests.

on top of that many of the car pictures in the car selection in the game do not have a car picture .they just have an RF 2 loading screen so you have no idea of what the car is or is not.

I have no idea what is going on.

Last edited by pawgy7; 11 April 17 at 20:47.
pawgy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 April 17, 19:51   #2
Pete Conway

Hey Pawgy... you need a direct line or Skype to Durge... he'll sort it out.
Pete Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 April 17, 20:36   #3
pawgy7

Thanks Pete. he usually can give me the straight info. When I started this post I did not realize it was in his ballpark.

Finally found both. they are under SR4L f3 and my guests got moved there along with the other EVE cars.

Last edited by pawgy7; 11 April 17 at 21:00.
Unread 11 April 17, 21:25   #4
DurgeDriven

oppsa too late !

lool

Get in F3 Rookies up now
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 April 17, 15:42   #5
Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawgy7 View Post
The car files, the name in the game when you are trying to find a mod and when you are trying to match up opponents to race, is just sad.
'Tis the responsibility of the people creating mods to do this properly.

Unfortunately many think it's the responsibility of rF2 to enforce a "standard". Since rF2 is pretty open-ended, a "standard" would have to be as well and allow for things not yet thought of.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 April 17, 13:48   #6
pawgy7

I have never had a game that i could not easily find the car folder, or opponents to race aginst like rf2 It is just silly that it takes so long to set up a race because you cannot find anything. I have always liked to paint cars, and play with the perfromance and such ,but with rf2 it is sometimes impossible to find what you are looking for. Sorry , because it is such a great game otherwise. If I cannot find a car I cannot cheat and if I cannot cheat ,at my age i cannot compete. That is why i do not race online.
Unread 13 April 17, 17:31   #7
Guimengo
Uploader

Hopefully the new UI will be a proper improvement and step forward! Regarding online, unless you're league racing then you will struggle to find something. The unlocked servers either often run repetitive content or a mix of ported content that was either from a Simbin game or initially a conversion for rF1.

Have a look at Sim Racers For Life group, I think is the name. They're older guys who tend to only run historic content and are very polite.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 April 17, 20:55   #8
DurgeDriven

Quote:
,at my age i cannot compete. That is why i do not race online.
Course you can !

I don't see what age has to do with it

I had drivers 70+ year olds in my room
I have drivers use keyboards in my room

As example a fast non-tow lap at Italy in F3-Eve is 1:48
Majority lap around 1:50+
Many lap slower then that again.....

I spend a lot of time lapping with slower cars and more then not I can improve their times in a session
Unread 20 April 17, 14:31   #9
DurgeDriven

Quote:
I have never had a game that i could not easily find the car folder, or opponents to race aginst like rf2 It is just silly that it takes so long to set up a race because you cannot find anything. I have always liked to paint cars, and play with the perfromance and such ,but with rf2 it is sometimes impossible to find what you are looking for. Sorry , because it is such a great game otherwise. If I cannot find a car I cannot cheat and if I cannot cheat ,at my age i cannot compete. That is why i do not race online.
Hey you on now pawgy lol

Want to do a few laps I stayed up late

I will put up room now F3 community mod

Get in please

Look in list for F3-ROOKIES next to F3 Fanatics (Bryan Birthwells room )