NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor 2

Unread 21 April 17, 11:24   #1
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Default rFactor2 time to clean house

Feels like a Steam houseclean is due

https://www.studio-397.com/2017/04/r...te-april-2017/

Converted circuits that always looked ugly ( let's be realistic ) will look even more fuglier now lol

Quote:
The modding community just recently gained access to an early DX11 build, and we released some guidelines for artists to work with the new rendering engine.

Expect to see updates of third party content coming soon.

Longford v1.00
DurgeDriven is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 April 17, 17:42   #2
Guimengo
Accuracy is Important

Some of those track makers are rf2 testers or have access to that area, so they've been in the loop already. That statement is probably for groups like Simtek. No idea how APEX is doing with the recent turn of events, if they have access to that early on or will be made to wait like the rest of us.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 April 17, 13:17   #3
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
Some of those track makers are rf2 testers or have access to that area, so they've been in the loop already. That statement is probably for groups like Simtek. No idea how APEX is doing with the recent turn of events, if they have access to that early on or will be made to wait like the rest of us.
So will it make a big difference G to non-updated addons and would it affect cars and tracks the same ?

example: : car headlights and track night-lighting

Looking forward to this anyways more now then before.

Got my new wheel pointing basically right now, decent laptimes, new GTX1070 and new Monitor is good, rF2 looks much better, more vibrant good blacks

I can now actually see things through the F3 Eve dashboard cutouts I never knew existed for years , I can see my feet ! ......... lmao p
Unread 22 April 17, 14:25   #4
Guimengo
Accuracy is Important

I don't know how long it will take, it should be quick as most aren't custom and one prominent guy said the shaders were an easy job that could have been done ages ago.
Unread 24 April 17, 08:49   #5
DurgeDriven
Premium Member

This....... the 2 posts after yours.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.p...e-fixed.55055/

and tell Bwana the more grip in rain is caused by a bug in dedicated server

a bug I told Tim about 3 years ago.

When this happens the track has no rain but spray and track becomes faster and faster
Like Italy F3 1:47 no tow lol ( any track any car )

You may have noticed if you change rain periods offline then go to server you see the sessions you changed have dry weather but still with a rain percentage that you can adjust when it should be greyed out.

If you simply reset the % to 0 then save then go back into weather you will see it has changed back again, no matter how many times you save

Only way to fix it is to change the weather from say cloudy to clear and back to cloudy
Then you then see the % is greyed out and can't be changed again.

The other thing have a affect on "wet grip" is the amount of rubber you had to start plus the real road % wear you use.

Most rooms I set my own good rubber then reduce real road to x 0.2
I pretty sure that is when grip level is at max in bug

Of course the other bug is that spray is tied to the Real Road %

Anyway I have now reset all 5 segments in every track in server menu

Set a private dedicated server make a few rain sessions, start with good to optimum rubber then select only 0.1x road wear and see what happens when it rains

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 24 April 17 at 09:01.
Unread 25 April 17, 14:58   #6
Guimengo
Accuracy is Important

Tim is not a tester, he likely rarely played the game at all. The testing team and the staff should have caught it or done something about it, if not by themselves from posts in the forum. I'm not bothered anymore to post bugs and fixes after seeing how little to nothing the devs cared for that.